FragranceXFailure to deliver, charged shipping fees!

K

Did not ship product to me but charged $10.00 shipping fee. This is a rip off - BEWARE!!! I wouldn't buy from them. Looks like a scam to me.

• Ba
    bazboz Aug 18, 2016

2 month waiting no refound no perfume no cancel

many time same this answer like auto repl

"If it has taken this long, it is due to being held by customs. While most are not delayed for long, sometimes customs is not timely in notifying the recipient.
    Your package is on its way and will arrive soon.
    If it cannot be delivered for any reason, it will be returned to us.
    I appreciate your patience and look forward to serving you again soon.

and the final message is

"Please note that we are unfortunately not able to recall a package once it has shipped from our warehouse, additionally we are not able to cancel or refund for any order that is still in transit"

that was the last message that end me to the making this review
    that mean they don't care for customers and just stealth the money read their answer again and you will decide
    i e-mail all those people ( Vinnetta, lee, , Renee, Salihah, Debbie ..) and others all same thing also i e-mail the manager and he ignore my message
    DON'T BUY FROM THIS COMPANY

• Ji
    jim50gsd Apr 19, 2016

They advertise free shipping but after I placed my order they then added a postage charge so I cancelled my order on principle but they will not refund my money.

• Re
    Reviewer83856 Dec 19, 2015

Hello I'm John Ewing and I made two purchases and haven't received them funds were withdrawn from my account before I lost my debit card for both purchases can you please mail my orders to me. Thank You Order# [protected] & [protected]

• Ga
    Gabdel1 Jul 30, 2014

Ok, so as a follow up to this, and to be fair to the company, they did reply 24 hours within my recent email this time, and they processed my order, and delivered a tracking number of my package. I will see how things will go from here on, and maybe if their products are good, I will be ordering from them again.

Thank you.

• Ga
    Gabdel1 Jul 29, 2014

Thumbs down for their ### [email protected] support center forwarding. They're the most useless customer support you could ever get. I have ordered from them via Paypal and they rejected my order because they couldn't verify my " shipping address", then when I contacted their support I got asked to use CC and send them some verification documents, which I did, but the order still got cancelled immidiately after being placed, I contacted them again, guess what, I got the same scripted message:

"Thank you for your email and for your recent order with FragranceX.com. We
    are sorry to inform you that we could not verify the billing details for
    your order. Your order has been canceled and your card has not been
    charged. We apologize for any inconvenience... bla bla bla"

So I contacted them and after 3 days I got asked to send the same documents AGAIN, which I did, 24 hours later here I am waiting for their reply (which I bet it will be another script copy and paste) while writing this rant. Will definitely avoid in the future, even if I have to make my own scents, so if you're looking for a fragrance store definitely avoid FragranceX. Now I'm going to try FragranceNET which has some great reviews so I hope things go well with them.

Jose Oliveira Feb 06, 2013

On October, November and December of 2011 I made 15 orders from FragranceX.com and never received them. Those orders were paid with a credit card. The number of the orders are: 8611553, 8611526, 8611127, 8611070, 8610884, 8589251, 8488916, 8468993, 8449634, 8490521, 8424641, 8410592, 8325017, 8249162, 8380052. FragranceX.com showed total disrespect to the customer by taking my money and never delivering the product. I DO NOT recomend ANYONE to buy in that store.

Comments

ANGRYBIRD777 Jul 18, 2012

i ordered from them a few times and it WAS ok until yesterday!
    sell me FAKE perfume.autheticity code being ripped off underneath the sealed Cellophane, that means this box is not original but being "processed".
    the smell is SOOO faint like water i can smell nothing.
    AND THE WORSE PART OF ALL-is their ###.
    when u sent email confront them the issues, they say the same ### again and again(we never sell fake) without EVER responding to your questions.
    treat customer like an stupid idiot!
    i had enough of it and I will NEVER but from them even the first 3 times the order was okay.
    BECAUSE WHEN PROBLEMS ARISE, THEY JUST ###.NO REAL CUSTOMER SERVICE.
    AND DONT BELIEVE THEIR SATISFACTION GUARANTEE.LOL
    THEY ONLY LET YOU RETURN IF THE PRODUCT IS UNOPENED??
    IF YOU DONT OPEN IT, HOW U GOANNA FIND OUT IT IS FAKE??AND BE DISSATISFY?

• Je
    Jenny23101 Feb 21, 2012

I luckily have ordered 4 perfumes in Canada and I received all 4 in 2 weeks..the average time for sipping, but I did question the authenticity of one of my perfumes Harajuku Lovers love perfume tester. I smelled it at Sears and although they smell quite similar the one I received at Fragrancex smells a bit off. It didn't come in the right box due to it is a tester, so I do not know what to think??

• Aa
    aaa mart Feb 12, 2012

I think this is a good lesson for all of us, I ordered on FRAGRANCEX a couple of days ago, I choose the more expensive the Premium shipping which states that I will receive my item maximum of 7 days and they will provide me a tracking number for my parcel. After a week I called them and the customer service told me that my fragrance is still out of stock and they are still waiting for the stocks. It was really frustrating because i was hoping to get my parcel in that time frame which is written in their web site and what is worst is they are advertising without the stock. So this is just a warning for those who are planning to buy their stuff in this site to choose a much better alternative like strawberry net ( although a bit pricey but their shipping is great or fragrance net. )

• Wi
    willianwt Nov 30, 2011

Ordered twice about 80 days ago, and no sight of my orders.
    I'm trying to open a complaint at BBB.org, but I get this message: There was an error while submitting your complaint. Please try again.
    I'll continue trying to open a complaint, since their customer service always give the same message, saying that I should wait forever.
    I'll never buy on it again, they're total scam.

• Ia
    iamorbid Nov 16, 2011

Very competitive prices I guess that's why everyone is buying from them. Although the shipping may take up to 4 months most customers just lose hope. Anyways ordered twice so far...nothing but praises for products...shameful shipping.

Jota A Oct 28, 2011

I live in Spain and had ordered from them in the past and althoug it took a few weeks, I was pretty happy with the service. That is until the last time. I ordered in July and 3 months later I still had to received the goods. In that time, I sent several emails and was fobbed off each time with the standard response. I asked ofr a refund, reship etc and still the standard reply.

So, 4 days ago I contact the Better Business Bureau (http://www.bbb.org/) where you can file a complaint on line. Yesterday they sent me an email confirming that they had sent my case to the company and then this morning, to my surprise, I receive an email from PayPal informing me that they have refunded my money! I have to say I am very impressed with the BBB.

As I said, I had used them without problem but you measure a company by how they react if things go wrong. So my advice is AVOID AT ALL COSTS and if you have not received your goods, contact the BBB. Good luck!

• Yu
    Yumiko May 31, 2011

I bought 2 perfumes last May 13, 2011. I was always wondering why it's already June and nothing shows up in the tracking of Canada Post. When I complained to my credit card (I got my money back) and www.bbb.org, They mailed me that it was already coming this way and lo and behold, it is! But the date that was written there was MAY 30, 2011. Why would they deliver it JUST NOW? Never buy from them again. STAY AWAY.

• Cd
    cd14 May 17, 2011

I'm a UK customer that placed an order on 28 October 2010 valued at $180. I first contacted FragranceX about non-delivery about 3 weeks later and was given the usual excuses. Over several e-mails and calls throughout the next 4 months everyone was blamed from UK customs to the weather. There last e-mail to me was on 25 february 2011. I did receive the package on 3 May 2011 but had to pay £31 import tax and extra charges. On investigation I discovered that it wasn't posted in the US until 1 March 2011. Absolutely disgusted I contacted FragranceX for an explanation of their lies and behaviour. Surprise, surprise the did not respond. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

• Ba
    balgowlah May 10, 2011

Complete waste of time and money shopping with Fragrancex.
    I ordered products on March 9th, money was quickly taken from my account on March 10th and I recieved an email confirming shipment of products on March 10th.
    It is now May 12th and I am still waiting for my goods to arrive. I am in Sydney, Australia.
    Nothing should take over 2 months to get from U.S.A to Australia, unless it's coming over on a boat...
    I have written 6 emails now and each reply is practically worded the same: 'delay with customs...', 'bad weather conditions...', 'no tracking on your goods...' etc etc. I have even called and spoken to friendly but very unhelpful customer service ladies who also generate the same message about bad weather, customs delays and lack of tracking. The emails asking me to be patient have worn very thin.
    I will not be using Fragrancex anytime again and urge anyone reading this complaint to do the same thing. There are plenty of other perfume sites out there.

rockpool May 06, 2011

Guess what.? After over 20 e-mails( and boy did i give them a mouthful) My perfume turned up 3 months to the day. I do NOT believe that the package I recieved was the same one that they originaly sent as it was is pristine condition. And after being in the postal system for that amount of time without a mark on it, would not happen.
    To everyone out there who has ordered from them.. please keep bombarding them with your e-mails, even make them abusive.
    Also when they send you a promotional e-mail just keep replying to them and don't stop. It just may work. Good Luck

• Ke
    Kevin Lew May 05, 2011

I live in Australia and order products through this company in the last week of February 2011... I have just received a parcel from them today - 05/05/2011... The box was EMPTY!!! Certainly you could say that the items were "lifted" by the postal service... But these guys offered "free delivery" - which is why I gave them a go... Unfortunately free delivery entails no postal tracking number and no insurance... So here I am out of pocket with no product and no way to make a claim or obtain a refund!!! What a disaster!!!

************ PLEASE ALL BE WARNED, DO NOT BUY FROM THESE PEOPLE ************

John H R Swinson May 02, 2011

My order took from Jan 25 11 to May 2 11 to reach me. Nevertheless I did get it and the product was fine and reasonable. Maybe they should change their carriers. Dee Swinson Glen Innes NSW Australia.

Jacqueline Sharkey Apr 27, 2011

Can something be done about Fragrance X as my order was according to them despatched on Jan 11 2011 and here we are 27th April 2011 and several emails - with automated replies still unable to get a refund there is too much of this going on with this company they need to be reported to the tv.

Jacqueline Sharkey Apr 27, 2011

My order no 7153316 was placed on the 10th Jan 2011. According to FragranceX it left them on the 11th Jan 2011 and here we are on the 27th April 2011 and after several emails and two telephone calls where I have had to get up during the night to get the hours right to make contact with a person I still have no goods and they will not refund my money after several requests. I have now looked on the complaints board and there are so many complaints about this company I feel that something must be done and am looking at ways to contact the local tv company if only to help others not lose their money or goods. I paid via PAYPAL can they help me or can you advise me the way to go please my email is [email protected] Yours sincerely, Jackie.

rockpool Apr 19, 2011

I too have ordered perfume from this company. Ten weeks ago to be presise and still not arrived. I have lost count of the number of e-mails that I have sent. The replies that I have received are TOTAL rubbish ! They have even tried to blame the foods in Queensland (Australia) I actually live at the very bottom of Australia on the coast. Also they have also tried to blame it on ALL the worlds misfortunes. Every excuse from me taking advantage of free shipping (and why wouldn't I ? ) to saying if it doesn't turn up it will eventually find it's way back to them. I have had enough of this mob and have posted it on Facebook. All of you other people like me who has not received your orders... please put it up on Facebook too and see if we can't shame them into doing something.I won't hold my breath though as these people are TOTAL SCAMMERS !!!

• Ko
    konmanos Apr 16, 2011

All - In reference to FragranceX - if you wish to get your money / refund back - do as I did. I had exactly the same issue - with numerous emails from them for a period of 6 months - I am based in Australia - get on to the website www.bbb.org - Better Business Bureau in the US. Use their online complaint form and submit it - they will send the complaint to FragranceX and as they wish to keep good in the US Business - they will immediately respond. It took them 3 days after I submitted my complaint to receive a refund - which I was pestering them about for 6 months.

Roji Malachi Apr 12, 2011

this company is a total scam..
    i also had the same experience that you all had..
    i also ordered the item on last september and till now i haven't recieved the product..
    when i called the customer care they were too rude to to talk to and they just want to hang the call..
    this is the worst experience a customer could have..
    and the same story of customs clearence..
    dont be cheated by www.fragrancex.com

• Fl
    FLEITERL Apr 12, 2011

this persons comment has nothing to do with my purchase of fragrance and cosmetics. they are merely promoting themselves. I will never do business with an american company on line again, and will only deal with hones australians !!

• Fl
    FLEITERL Apr 11, 2011

February 14th 2011
    I ordered AND PAID FOR items from their website. THEY STILL HAVE NOT ARRIVED and FRAGRANCEX keep saying that if the parcel is returned to them they will refund my money. THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH. THEY HAVE MY MONEY, I HAVE NOTHING. I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN, they treat their overseas customers like ### IDIOTS. Today is April 11th, 2011. SERIOUSLY NOT GOOD ENOUGH. NO TRACKING NUMBER? HOW CONVENIENT FOR THEM!

janj Apr 05, 2011

I too had problems with Fragrance X. Order. Ordered early January, nothing arrived mid Feb. email after email saying perhaps held up at Customs of Post Office. Checked, nothing arrived. Paid by Paypal so opened up Resolution case, still getting manufactured emails re Customs etc repsonse. Opened up a Claim with Paypal and thankfully have got my money back. Will never deal with this company again, in fact learnt a big lesson, do not order anything unless tracking number provided. Have reordered my perfume with another company (and yes about 10 percent more expensive) but guess what arrived within a week! Still no sign of a package from Fragrance X. if one ever does arrive (which I doubt) I will mail it back C.O.D., because unlike them I am honest. I have ordered many items from overseas via the internet and this is the first company I have ever had a problem with. NEVER WILL I USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!

• Pu
    Pushkar Raj Gogia Mar 30, 2011

I randomly came at the website of "fragrancex.com" and placed the order of my favourite perfume and paid them the whole amount. My friend told me that company is fake and blah blah, but to be very honest within 15 days, I have received my favourite perfume. The only problem I faced was that the tracking number which they gave was not working since day one. So, at times it felt like a SCAM and you feel as if you have been cheated. But on the whole I have received my favourite perfume. Thank you FragranceX ! ! !

PS: Please try to improve your rating and reviews on the internet as you would loose some quality customers because of the negative feedback on internet.

• Ap
    aph1985 Mar 24, 2011

I havent received anything.
    I ordered 2 bottles on 13th Jan 2011, I havent received anything till today (24th March, 2011)
    I have paid through paypal so hoping to open dispute.

Anuj

• Is
    ISACHE Mar 20, 2011

Hi

I am from Australia, I too ordered 5 bottles of perfume from FragnanceX before christmas 2010. It is now 19 March 2011 and I have not received it.

I have sent numerous emails and of course the same automated message, could have been held up at customs. I am lucky in one way that I have paid through paypal which I was able to put in disputes and after sometime get my money back.

But, unfortunatley on 10th March 2010 I ordered again, thinking maybe the first order, someone could have stolen it during transit, so I thought I will give it another ago, so I ordered again.

I did not know that this site exists until today 20th March 2010, as I am reading it thinking, ye it is probably a SCAM, others are going through the same problem as me. Anyway, I have another dispute in to solve the current problem, after that is finalised I WILL NEVER EVER ORDER AGAIN and the message was passed on to frangnanceX also, NEVER EVER.

• De
    Dewdrop Mar 19, 2011

I complained to BBB and within a few days I received a full refund, with the proviso (from Fragrance X) that if the perfume was delivered (highly unlikely!!!) that I should refuse to accept it. I would urge everybody to send a complaint to BBB about Fragrance X, but do be aware that BBB is a charitable company and may solicit a donation towards their expenses.

• Un
    unhappyaussie Mar 19, 2011

I order 6 bottles of perfume from them on the 14/1/2011 and didn't receive it, i emailed them several times and all they say is be patient, its on the way, we don't supply tracking numbers bla bla bla.. well u need a trackin number to send it to australia, its the rules, so telling me you don't have 1 is bullsh*t. I have just made a complaint to the bbb and i'm hoping for a full refund.

• Hu
    humbugs Mar 18, 2011

Please make a complaint with Better Business Bureau (www.bbb.org). They contact FragranceX after you have already tried to deal with them. I got my money back within a few days just like 'buffalodood69'. If many of us make a complaint to Better Business Bureau they may realise the extent of this scam and close it down.

• Fr
    Fred Fielding Mar 01, 2011

Paid for an order in October 2010. Not received and after many exchanges of e-mails, this company refuses to make a refund on the basis that ALL non delivered parcels are returned to them.
    They hold the insane view that it is NOT POSSIBLE for a parcel to be lost in shipping.
    The worse company I have ever had to deal with .Unhappy UK customer.

• Bo
    Bosjac Feb 17, 2011

After further involment of BBB I am pleased to advise that FragranceX have made a comlete refund to my Paypal account. My advise to prospective FragranceX customers is do not even consider purchasing anything from them. Their business practices are to say the least very suspect, they fob disatisfied customers off with weak excuses and in my case have blatantly lied on one occasion.
    To any one who considers they are owed a refund from them, take my advice and contact BBB, I can certainly vouch that their involment made all the difference in me succeeding in obtaining a refund

• Sh
    Shannon1976August Feb 16, 2011

They make me laugh. They talk about adverse weather conditions in NY in November - as a reason as to why orders haven't been received. I live in NY and can tell you there were NO adverse weather conditions in November.

I'm trying to find out where they're located in NY. I'll tell them I'll come and collect my father's order.

• Sh
    Shannon1976August Feb 16, 2011

They offered you a full refund - but did you actually get it????

They offered my Father one too, and it has not posted to his account. It doesn't take one week to refund money on Paypal.

What a scam they are. I don't think it will be too long before the FBI becomes involved and they're shut down. It's not right to take money from people. If you google "FragranceX scam" - there are just under 8000 replies. That should tell you something.

• Bo
    Bosjac Feb 16, 2011

I too am having the same problems as the last 2 complaints. Fragrances shipped to New Zealand on November 17 have still not arrived, Several emails and 2 phone calls achieved nothing, all I got was the usual orchestrated litany of lies which this company specialises in. I have laid a complaint with Better Business Bureau who advised me last Friday that FragranceX had responded with the following reply. "The package was dispatched to the customer on the 17th November 2010. Unfortunatly we did experience extensive delays in the month of November.We do apologise for the inconvenience and have credited customers Paypal account for the full amount of the transaction".
    This may appear to be a satisfactory outcome to this sordid affair, but wait!!! guess what ???? my Paypal account has NOT been credited with any money by FragranceX . I will not stop in my endeavours to seek what is my legal rights, If my actions plus those of all other effected customers are responsible for bringing this fraudulent company to its knees then so be it, its only what these [censor] deserve.

• Da
    dac727 Feb 16, 2011

The same inconsistent delivery and service has been felt my me and a friend who ordered from Fragrance X on the 24th November. I ordered twice on the 24th Nov 2010, and received notification by email that both are sent. 2 weeks ago received my purchase that contained the one fragrance as ordered. My order containing a order of 3 fragrances has still not arrived and we are talking 10 weeks now. My flatmate has not received his order which is about 6 fragrances. Numerous calls to Fragrance X, and the CSR explains "be patient it will arrive", they blame Customs, (no way is Customs this far behind) the snow, volcanos, and well I just believe they will wind you in with the post out of your small order, and once you order big, they dont send, but you still pay... Luckily I paid with Paypal, and put in a dispute before the 45 days are up, and they are looking into it. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM !! Go to BeautyEncounter, or StrawberryNet or someone like that, Yes! You pay for delivery, but it is better to be tracked and get the item, than ripped off, and lied to for 10 weeks.

• Hm
    HMaryF Feb 16, 2011

I ordered perfume for my daughter for Christmas 2010 on December 1. received an email stating it had been shipped. Credit card charged for the item and postage on that day. Now almost three months later the item still has not arrived. I have sent four emails (and got the standard bot replies). Rang from Australia and got a rather terse response from the rep I spoke with... more of less saying be patient, it will come. (She was quite rude). DO NOT BUY from this company. All the negative responses above are right on the money (Literally!!). If I ever do receive the perfume I will post here, but I do not hold out much hope. Let everyone know of the practises of FragranceX. Customer service is not in their vocabulary.

• Au
    ausigal Feb 15, 2011

I ordered 2 perfumes from them and after a month followed up on email. The standard reply every time was there is no tracking number available and there could be delays at customs. Fortunately i have paid through PayPal and waiting to hear from the, .