Menu
Nivea company logo
reviews & complaints

reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

45 complaints
4 resolved 41 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claimed
This account has been claimed by Nivea customer service / representatives through our verification process.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Nivea. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
5:03 am

Nivea - Watermelon shine caring lip balm

Dear Team,

I've been using Nivea products for a while but never had any issue except the most recent one I suffered. I bought this watermelon shine caring lip balm for the first time and started using it. As soon as I started using it after the first 2 uses my lips got itchy and had rashes all over the lips. Initially I did not realise the reason for the damage and did not bother to stop it and hence it became more worse where there were wounds on the lips. Then I stopped using it and had to visit a doctor for medication. Later I wanted to know if it is for the same and hence I applied a little again once and the rashes showed up again.

Now I can make sure this lip balm is causing damage to the lips and there is no sign of ingredients as well. I'm assuming there should a warning if you feel there is an ingedient which could damage the skin. Hope you look into it.

Desired outcome: Please action

1 comment
B

Hi Swetha, we’re very sorry to learn of your experience with our Nivea Watermelon Lip Care product. Our Consumer Care Team will be happy to help you. Please retain the product, and give us a call at [protected]; a Product Advisor will gladly assist you. We’re available Mondays through Fridays from 9:00a.m.-4:30p.m., EST. We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks!

F
6:21 am

Nivea - Nivea Men Quick Dry anti perspirant DEEP

I purchased this for my son for the first time at the weekend and am very disappointed with the product. When sprayed, it fills the air with white powder, making him cough and leaves so much residue on his skin, that it immediately starts flaking off. It has gone all over his uniform and won't all brush out leaving white marks. Terrible product, terrible for the environment too I should think.

Desired outcome: Id like my money back and to hear from you regarding the safety of this product and the impact it has on your health

7:43 am

Nivea - Organic argan oil

For the second time now I purchased Nivea naturally good organic argan oil night cream and when I open it I find day cream. I bought both items in same clicks store here in South Africa. How do I then continue trusting that I will in future get products I love without concerns that it might be incorrect products in the package. Please bring this up with the store to avoid unnecessarily time and money consumption. I need to trust the store and the products, hence I have being using Nivea products for years and they never disappoint.

Thank you for reading my complaint.

Regards,

Stella

P
9:31 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Nivea - pump bottle body wash

I purchased a bottle of your body wash with the new push spout, I was very pleased with the way it worked, putting a little on my arm and it was enough to cover the skin on the arm. It rinsed right off with no problem.

The second bottle I purchased was an entirely different story. When I pumped some in my hand and put it on my arm, it was almost impossible to spread it out except for the area it was placed. When I rinsed it off, it left a sticky film on my body. It was very difficult to wash off my hands, no matter what I did.

The number on the price bars is 72140 02215 0. I don't know if that means any way of identifying the product,

I liked the first bottle; that's why I made the second purchase. Now, I'm not sure I want to make a third

Hopefully, you can tell me what happened.

Woody Peele

3505 Providence Pl.

Winterville, NC 28590

[email protected],com

6:25 am

Nivea - Sun protect & moisture

I recently purchased the above product in Factor 15. I have been a nivea user for as many years as I can recall and always been happy with it, especially the texture which is very important to me. However, on applying this latest product I felt there was an issue as the lotion just sat on my skin and didn’t blend or soak into my skin and looked like lard laying on the urface. The exact same thing happened to

My husband and he is not happy either. I felt quite let down about this product as I imagined this new formula would be better on the skin. I and my husband are 70 years of age and skin products are very important to

Us I cannot continue using this product whilst I’m on holiday in Egypt. As you can imagine the temperature is high up in the 30s and I cannot take risks I hope you will take note of my remarks and also Maybe send me some complimentary items or a gift voucher.

With many thanks for your cooperation.

Desired outcome: Recognition of my statement and complimentary items or gift voucher

C
10:50 am
Replied
Nivea has left an official reply on this complaint.

Nivea - nivea fresh for men

I have purchased the the new product of NIVEA fresh from dischem and wat you say is not happening. Let me explain to you that as stated on the product itself this Fresh from nivea doesn't hydrate my face for 24 hours I am totally dissapointed as I use the complete toiletries products and this has made me so unsatisfied about this product. Please feel free to contact me at any time on

[email protected]

Desired outcome: I would appreciate a call and I will explain myself and I will expect some positive products from nivea

L
10:21 am
Replied
Nivea has left an official reply on this complaint.

Nivea - Nivea Men Stress Protect quick dry anti perspirant

I have been using this product for the last 5 years, I am unable to get it at retailers in Pretoria, only the musk is available of which the fragrance is not at all pleasing.

I have visited the following retailers without success:

1. Clicks castle gate

2. Clicks Castle walk

3. Clicks Menlyn Retail

4. Checkers menlyn

5. Spar Dely Road

6. Clicks Menlyn Maine

Is there a problem with the supply of this product or is it being discontinued.

I have now run out of stock and will have to change to another deodorant

Desired outcome: Where Can I get this product, can nivea supply it directly

J
5:00 am

Nivea - Anti-Perspirant - pure invisible

I'm afraid I find this anti-perspirant completely unsatisfactory. Not only does it have a very noxious, artificial smell but it doesn't guard against body odour even when I have done no more exercise than a brisk walk.

I expected it to offer 48 hour protection as promised on the container and am very disappointed by its failure to do so.

It would be great to find out if any other customers have made a similar complaint.

Regards

Jenny

N
4:57 am

Nivea - Unhappy with a nivea product

I am a loya nivea products customer. And I use nivea products from roll on, sunscreen everything. Unfortunately, the roll on that I have been buying nivea dry confidence anti-perspirant, is giving me problems. I leave home at 6h30, round about 11 am I can smell my armpit already from the sweat. The 48hr protection, no is it not working. I have tried a couple of them, but still. The last time I wrote on the ladies group on fb and checking which roll on brand they are using. Only to find out some were also complaining about nivea roll ons recently it is not doing justice. As we speak I am sitting at home with 3 bottles but im gonna have to stop and buy a different brand now. The kind of work I do, I am a teacher so, I do not get sweaty at all. But still the 48hr protection is failing me. Please help before you loose customers.

Desired outcome: contact me and will take it from there

K
4:29 am

Nivea - Tinted moisturizer... Fair skin

I bought some tinted moisturizer in the hope the fair skin would be my colour but is far too dark. It Makes me look patchy and cannot be used at all. I was looking a cream with a bit of a tint to use everyday at home, this is not the case .Makes me look orange and is hardly a moisturizer more a light foundation.

This was bought for £4 from superdrug

Desired outcome: Money and back and a little extra or another product

Nivea - Competition scam

I was told that I am one of the winners of Khosi Nkosi Nivea dress competition. I was called by Room 27 in Durban, regarding my size and was told that they will call me when the dress is ready for delivery. Some one called me again a year later checking for my address and told me the dress is not yet ready. The competition was 3 years ago September 2018.

I would like to know what happened to my dress?

Nivea - Nivea Sun PROTECT & MOISTURE SUN LOTION SPF 30, 200 ML

This product has recently been reformulated to include titanium dioxide (nano). Because of this it is no longer inclusive and accessible to people with darker skin tones. I am a black woman and was horrified to see the white cast (purply tint) that was left on my skin. It already is hard to find sunscreen when you're of a darker complexion, and now this reformulation has made it much harder.

A solution would be for Nivea to bring back the old formula that did not have titanium dioxide (nano). If they are keen on the new formula, the least they could do is sell both options, so black people, and people of colour are not excluded.

Desired outcome: A solution would be for Nivea to bring back the old formula that did not have titanium dioxide (nano).

C
3:22 pm

Nivea - 50+ kids suncream failure

I have already issued a complaint via email but as yet no reply! Ny son was scolded using your suncream on Friday which obviously didn't have the appropriate SPF in it! I used the cream accordingly qs instructed by your bottle to which it resulted in my son being hospitalised because of it! I am so angry that I had to see my child suffer and endure pain all because your suncream failed him! I will also be getting an independent test done on the cream as well! I expect someone to contact ASAP as I will be reporting to trading standards tomorrow morning as a result of no-one contacting me back!

Desired outcome: A response ASAP

3:57 am

Nivea - Extra gentle eye make up remover

This is the least gentle product I have ever used in fact, I would go so far as to say it is vicious. I have used this once and I have red burn marks all around my eyes. I do not have sensitive skin, I didn't scrub the area but it was so painful to use, stinging, and even worse the morning after! I fail to understand how a product that is called extra gentle can be the total opposite. I have used your products for years and I am highly disappointed.

K
4:35 am

Nivea - Factor 50 coloured suncream

I used this for the first time on my daughter for a day out. Using more than recommended as I'm very cautious with the sun. At the end of the day it was clear she was very sun burnt - she was in a lot of pain and couldn't sleep. I couldn't understand how it happened, I found out that this product did not pass the Which safety tests and now I know why! How is this still being sold! And targeted at children! What if my daughter gets skin cancer now? The doctor said the damage is already done. She's 8 and has never burnt before so I know how to keep her safe in the sun. I trusted this brand and I'm furious

Desired outcome: Remove product from shelves recognise the awful thing that has happened to my daughter, pain caused and potential life changing damage

G
10:07 am

Nivea - Nivea advertising

I am absolutely staggered that Nivea has pulled advertising from the new GB News Channel under pressure from Stop Funding Hate ( SFH ). What is the world coming to ? Don't Nivea realise that it is the SFH who are the hate-mongers ? GB News is just offering an alternative to liberal-Left mantra of the mainstream media ( like the BBC ).

My family won't be buying any more Nivea products in the future i=until this ridiculous capitulation is reversed.

Desired outcome: A return to decency and common sense

H
6:27 pm

Nivea - Glow shake it

So I used the glow shake it eye makeup remover. Immediately after use my face started to go red, was painful and stung. My housemate pointed out to me I had maybe not shaken the bottle properly as it separates so I washed the eye makeup remover off and thought that would be it. After that my eyes were wrinkled, dry and my skin was super sensitive, everything I put on it even moisturizer would burn and id have to wash it off. My face was red and burnt looking. Last night I tried to use my previous makeup remover that I have used loads in the past, my entire face and eyes swelled up, I had watery eyes with debris and my skin looks burnt. I have had a sore face and I have had to go on steroids. It's like the makeup remover has burnt or triggered something in my skin as it was after this I could no longer put anything on my skin without it burning

Desired outcome: Can you work out what the problem may be?

D
4:24 pm

Nivea - Deodorant

While travelling through Doha, I purchased a Nivea aerosol deodorant at the airport. Later, I suffered a SEVERE reaction, which resulted in me needing to get prescribed antihistamines, as over the counter ones were a futile effort. This reaction has resulted in me scarring under my arms, despite my efforts to not inflict further damage and attempts to repair the skin.

Desired outcome: Compensation for costs incurred

N
6:14 am

Nivea - Q10 power anti-wrinkle and nivea q10 energy healthy glow

Dear sir/ma'am
I bought these products on the 6 February 2021 for the price of R380.56. I have been using it for the past 3 weeks and have experienced a brown like rash on certain parts of my face;not only that but it has left marks as well and it just seems to be getting worse; the shop would not allow me to return since the product is opened. I would appreciate it if this issue is addressed. Thank you in advance.

Kind Regards
Nicolene Carelse ([email protected])

Desired outcome: If I could return the item and be reimbursed.

J
10:11 am

Nivea - NiveaCreme Care

This bottle of Nivea Creme care was purchased for me for Christmas (Dec. 2020). My dad put this on his face as facial cream for dry skin, which turned into an allergic reaction. His face was red for 2 days. When my mother inquired with the company, we were told that this product was expired. I have checked my bottle of creme and there is no expiry or best before date on the product.

Art. 80909 and 82246690 are the only two numbers that I see on the bottle.
I obviously don't have the bill of sale, as it was a gift.

I want to be reimbursed for this bottle of creame that is expired, but more important understand how there is no published expiry date or best before date on the product?

Any questions, please call (416) 873-3897