Having problems with FragranceX.com?

FragranceX.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 5, 2007. The latest review Defect (leakage) in the bottle was posted on Feb 15, 2021. The latest complaint took payment, did not deliver the goods was resolved on Jun 07, 2011. FragranceX.com has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 60 reviews. FragranceX.com has resolved 14 complaints.

FragranceX.com Customer Service Contacts

1888 557 3738 (Customer Service)
+1 718 482 6970 (International)
5 Plant Avenue
Fri7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

FragranceX.com Complaints & Reviews

FragranceXFinnaly Get Item after 5-6 weeks (Birmingham UK)

Finally my Fragrance Arrives - (Birmingham UK)
Here are the time Scales.
I ordered 5 items on the 24th sept 2010, i got the items today 4th Nov 2010 (5weeks - 6 weeks later) . The US post mark says 10/ /2010 Sent by a Gareth Chambers from United Express International, 7300 NW 34 Street, Miami, Florida 33122.
Customs Charge by UK border Agency (26.00) Dated 29/10/2010
Card from local post office 3/10/2010

I made 4 phone calls to fragrancex trying to track the item - each time was told it was delayed by customs, They do not instigate any refund procedures at least 3 /4 months after date of order. The 30 Day money Back - Only applies if you have received the items and they are not what you ordered - Does not apply to non delivery.

If you do live in the UK Just watch out for the CARD from the local post office telling you theirs a item to be collected - They will keep it for 3 weeks (non Registered) or 1 week ( Registered) before returning it to the sende, so if it took 6 weeks to get here - 3 weeks at post office and 6 weeks back to US Thats close to 4 months before they get the item back to start a refund procedure.

My only suggestion is if you do choose to order - be prepared to wait 5-6 weeks. Better still shop elsewhere.
Parcel Force - [protected]
Royal Mail - [protected] Opt 3, Opt 4 for Switch board.

Huggy The Bear

• Julie West Nov 18, 2010

Thanks for a very Informative post - Ive contacted my local sorting offfice and they had my Parfumes waiting for me - just by chance they had only been their two days - It took 6weeeks and 4 days for my items to arrive.

Wont be doing that again.

Tanks Huggy Mwah xx

FragranceXProducts not received

I have passed an order of 2 bottles of perfume (Noa) and paid by paypal.
    I have never received them.
    More than 80 euros lost.
    I have been sending e-mail to them during 3 months and they have always told me to wait.
    What can I do to have back my money?
    Could you please help?

PS: I can send you all the e-amil if necessary

• Fx
        FXSUCKS Apr 20, 2011

Same me...I ordered my perfume in early Jan 2011 and am still waiting. I'm sorry that I didn't see this site earlier as I wouldn't have ordered through them at all and won't ever again. Thanx for feedback re other sites
        Does anyone have any other suggestions re getting money back? Paypal's time limit has expired. I wonder why Paypal is continuing to be involved with this company with so many complaints?

• A0
        a0008421 Mar 17, 2011

After 18 weeks of waiting my order has finally arrived. What I could see, it was shipped using a surface mail, obviously that means the package was shipped from USA to Europe indeed by a ship. It is really the cheapest way to ship goods. Anyway, I see now that fragrancex said truth when they have written me I must wait. But who is ready to wait so long time? They must note on their web site about such long shipping times.

• Ju
        JuliaL2575 Mar 07, 2011

I have two orders with FragranceX and have received the same platitudinous responses. Where they get the idea that these things are sent airmail is ludicrous. Something somewhere is not happening and the result is: no perfume. I have raised a dispute through Paypal, but the more expensive order has passed the 45 day period and will probably give me no joy. Thank you for this site so I can have a good whinge and get the boot in. Missing package is now into its 9th week.

• A0
        a0008421 Feb 22, 2011

Same here, I ordered in October 2010 a few perfumes, paid via paypal over 100 euros and till now (over 3 months) I am waiting for my parcel! FragranceX replies my questions with statements that there probably problems with german mail but they mean that the parcel will be delivered. I cannot more believe them. It seem to be something wrong with this company. They publish on their website only positive feedbacks.

Norma Paige Jan 28, 2011

Ordered stock in Nov.2010 - was supposedly shipped on the 18th Nov.2010, but up to today I have yet to receive my parcel! I ordered 3 perfumes over $150 and have also received the generic emails of my parcel "delayed at customs" and "you will receive your parcel shortly" crap!!! Wot I find so strange is that they shipped this consignment off with NO TRACKING to South Africa!!?? In the past they sent with tracking, no problem...now not, why? They didn't send it off free of shipping charges, I paid $17 for it! Wot is going on here? Have they turned into fraudsters?? I ask you with tears in my eyes!!!

• Ot
        Ottevaere Christelle Jan 25, 2011

Same here, I ordered some perfume on nov 24th of 2010, payed with paypal, untill today, never received the order. Wrote several mails, always ask me to wait, that the perfume will soon arrive.
        I also tried refund through paypal, but the service only is available for 45 days, and that is expired too.
        I will certainly never buy from them again, this is a rip-off!

• Sh
        sheila.clarke Jan 19, 2011

i ordered 2 items from fragrancex.com same not recived and emailed them several times reply says despatched just wait and they took more off card than agreed said it was customs charges ordered 29th nov 2010 england

• Th
        thehat Jan 18, 2011

ordered on 16th Nov 2010 - still not recieved mid Jan 2011 - emailed several times and told the orders $150 will arrive soon.
        Has anyone got another email address that can unlock the secret of getting a positive respons?

• Te
        Tenerreds Jan 13, 2011

Yet another to be caught out by this rogue company.

Ordered two items on 9th November and despite several emails requesting refunds as not received after 2 months still receiving computerised responses and failure to answer the simpliest question. Whilst I paid via PayPal and thought I was covered I have since discovered that you have to register the dispute within 45 days of date of order.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Joe Musah Dec 29, 2010

Same here. Ordered and paid on Nov 6. Still have not received by Dec 29. Everytime I wrote them, they asked me to wait. Don't order from Fragrancex.

FragranceX.comFraudulant charges on Credit card

I purchased one item on 10/18/10 from Fragrancenet.com. The same day 3 charges appeared on a different bank account from FragranceX.com totalling over $150.00. I have received an apology from FragranceX, but the charges are still pending. The employee stated the charges will go away.

If I purchased something from one company, how can a very similar named company take money from my account. She stated that the 3 orders were going to addresses "all over the country."

That is the nature of my complaint.

Anita Hickok Oct 27, 2010

FragranceX.com did reverse all three charges on my credit card.

FragranceXFraud

I ordered $200 worth of products from fragrancex. Having paid by credit card, two months passed without the items being delivered. I asked for updates on shipping but was told that the delay was attributed to customs/security. When, after 2 months, I asked for a refund, fragrancex refused to respond to my request.
        While this company appears to fulfil some orders, it is clear that they blatantly defraud overseas credit card customers as they no doubt feel these customers are unable to redress the fraud.
        My advice is do not deal with this company.

• Gr
            greville pabst Apr 11, 2011

i place order for a small bottle of creed after shave on February 23rd 2017
            it is now April 11 and still no delivery

i have left approximately 10 emails with them and received standard auto reply responses that goods could be held up in customs

my email is [email protected]

• Ve
            VeryAngryaustralian Jan 24, 2011

Never received item supposed to have been shipped. Item was claimed to be shipped on 15th November 2017 but it's now the 24th January and still no item. I live in Australia and have emailed customs and rung local post office but neither have received it or can help me as there was no tracking number. I have emailed several times and get same automatic response of being patient and it was shipped. They won't even answer my question of how to get it reshipped or a refund. Very angry!!

• Cm
            CM1986 Oct 01, 2010

Charge back the amount it shouldn't be too late.

annBax Jun 09, 2010

I purchased a deodorant from this company on May 6, 2017 and today May 9th - still no product and the usual response - please wait, etc and my last email to them was not even replied.

In my opinion, they advertised this product knowing fully well that they probably dont have it in stock and yet they went ahead with their advertising and took my money with no reservations at all. They even had a nerve to give an automated Order number.

I have since put forth my complaint to PayPal and I have to wait and see the outcome. I will be very concerned if PayPal doesn't respond in my favor because to me it seems like they will be enabling this company.

Such companies must be put to shame publicly. People like me made an honest purchase and we do it in good faith but these shiesters have no qualms about cheating us - their customers.

Edan Jun 06, 2010

Re-submitting, as I misspelt the company name and it's important to get it right!

FRAGRANCE.X has failed to deliver goods, despite numerous attempts at chasing them. When I emailed a query, they first said that the product had been despatched. When I sent a second, more stern email, they claimed that they had a backlog of orders because of the Iceland Volcano problems which had affected flights. They claimed that the goods would be despatched and it still has not arrived. I am now endeavouring to get a refund so I hope the organisation isn't a total scam and just incompetent. But I'm not optimistic!

How I wish I had seen all the other comments before I bought from them.

Everyone else who has been stung take care... if you used your personal debit card to pay the company, talk to your bank. They have your personal details which you need to protect ASAP.

Comments
            Comments

• Co
            Conned_in_Australia Jun 03, 2010

This company has scammed me out of $110.50. I bought two items from them more than 2 months ago and I have never had a delivery. All of my follow up emails are be replied to with pre-written templates and I am not even sure it is from a real person as the names seem to rotate. This could be the work of a automated bot.

The company does not have any confirmation of postage.

It would be very wise if you chose not to use this company to purchase cologne. Once they have you money there is no way you can get it back.

If anyone has any questions or wants to know further details, please contact me via the register email address.

FragranceX — Fake

I purchased a perfume Bvlgari 3.4 oz tester from their site. First the perfum was delivered 5 weeks later and...

FragranceXFaulty product and bad customer service

I receive a John Varvatos gift pack that was leaking from the EDT bottle and had stained the box and packaging. It was also only 3/4 full.

They requested photo evidence of the damage and I sent it to them. They offered to reimburse my credit card $10 for the damage. I refused that offer as the item cost me over $40 and it was bought as a gift. I requested they replace the item or refund my money in full plus the cost of my postage back to them.

They have since repeatedly ignored all my requests for a resolution to this problem. I believe they are hoping I will just go away.

I would advise all prospective customers to avoid this company and use another perfume internet company instead.

FragranceX.comNon delivery, no response

This company is total scam, DO NOT BUY anything from them. I ordered some perfumes (worth $122) on 3rd June 2010 and they have not arrived yet, I tried to contact them with many emails but no reply. I searched my post office register with post office staffs and they found nothing arrived in my name from FragranceX. Once they sell, they never response to their customers which is a sign of fraud. Also they do not keep any shipping receipt/information of packages w/o tracking number which is very suspicious.

ksmiley Feb 14, 2011

I have had the same problem... my product was supposedly shipped on 19th November yet I am still waiting. Have tried emailing several times only to get the same generic reply. So in the end I called, & was hung up on as soon as I said my product hadn't arrived. I eventually got to speak to someone after pressing a different menu option & was told that it would be held up in customs (for 2 months?!). Was told to just wait but it has now been nearly 3 months & I guess I just have to accept that I have lost my money.

FragranceX.comScam

We have purchased some products from the web site www.fragrancex.com. They claim to be confident and have worldwide shipping. It's been more than 2 months and we haven't recieved our products. They don't even give any information if our products have ever entered our country. For people who intend to shop from this web site, be aware that they are not at all confident. If there is any authorized foundation for confidential internet shopping investigate www.fragrancex.com.

• Er
                  Erika Halmos Nov 05, 2016

fake parfum horrible management people working illegally and the parfum not real only hired people who not speak English only Spanishpeople working without paper

ksmiley Feb 14, 2011

FragranceX.comNon delivery of goods and payment taken

Re-submitting as I misspelt the company name and it's important to get it right!

How I wish I had seen all the other comments before I bought from them.

Non delivery of goods and payment taken
                Non delivery of goods and payment taken

• Tr
                    Tracey Mountford Mar 04, 2016

I am waiting for my purchase paid for then i got a text from dhl courier company asking for 23 pounds before they can deliver my parcel; there was no mention of using a courier and additional costs i am furious and trying to get my money back as they wont deliver the parcel unless i pay DHL, i have raised a dispute with pay pal wished i gone local paid more but at least i would have had my perfume .wont be giving up until i get my money back or perfume i have paid for without any additional charges im thinking of writing to the newspapers too

ksmiley Feb 15, 2011

I 've had the same problem... my product was supposedly shipped on 19th November yet I'm still waiting for it to arrive. I've tried emailing several times only to get the same generic reply, saying that goods had been despatched but may have been held up in customs & that they did not have tracking details. In the end I phoned, & was hung up on as soon as I said my product hadn't arrived. I eventually got to speak to someone after pressing a different menu option & was told that people who had ordered 2 wks before me were only just receiving their orders and that mine should arrive in 1-2 weeks. It has now been nearly 3 months since my order was 'dispatched' & it looks as if my money is lost :(

• Ka
                    Kath Martland Jan 26, 2011

After reading all the complaints about Fragrance X, com I only wish I'd have known about these before I made an order! I ordered two perfumes as Christmas presents for my daughters on the 22nd Nov 2010, I rang them 2 weeks later for reassurance that they would arrive before Christmas. The woman said something about them possibly being held in customs but was confident they would arrive. I rang again the week before Christmas and requested a refund as I didn't believe I was going to recieve these perfumes, a different rep told me it had to be 2 mths clear from the date of order before they could give a refund. 'Ok', It is now the 26th Jan- just over the 2mth mark and I have called them again today, TWICE I was cut off after I explained my Situation and the third time the rep gave me a load of bull about whoever told me to wait 2mths have been sacked through giving false info. I told her I WANT MY MONEY BACK!! She said people who ordered 2 wks before me are just recieving their perfumes now, but I dont want the perfumes now I told her, Christmas has been and Gone!Just give me a refund! She said I can only have a refund when I recieve the perfumes and then return them. Its screaming out at me that I am not going to get my money back. I paid with me debit card and will be in touch with my bank tomorrow. As far as im concerned this is theft and Fragrance X are not getting away with this. They are a bogus setup earning their money by thieving from honest hard working people like myself. DO NOT ORDER FROM FRAGRANCE X OR YOU 'WILL' BE DISAPPOINTED!!!

FragranceX.comDON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON FRAGRANCEX

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON FRAGRANCEX.
                  They charged $30 and never gave me anything
                  I lost 30$. FragranceX never gave any explanation as why I didn't receive my order. They also don't answer to emails.

All I get is these 'please wait a moment' emails. I was supposed to receive my order two-three months ago.

Edan Jul 31, 2010

Well Hallelujah

FragranceX has delivered the order months late... I expect because of I would not let up, and posted a side Wiki by their website listing on Google and send the letter to them as advised by UK Trading Standards.

By the time they left the goods at the post office (with £20 extra to pay), I had bought the product from a famous and much trusted London Department Store (wish I'd done that in the first place), so we had this and FragranceX's product to compare. The latter looks and smells different from the perfume I bought in the Department Store, but it smells fine. So the moral of this tale is if you want to wait months and get an unauthentic product and lots of aggro in between receiving your order shop with FragranceX... if you'd rather avoid this, buy your perfume from a proper shop.

But at least I got something... Good luck to everyone else trying to get something out of the "company".

Edan Jun 12, 2010

How interesting that you actually got a delivery, albeit a fake perfume! A little miracle in itself. Good idea about the pre-paid cards.

• Er
                      ericzamo Jun 10, 2010

I used a pre paid credit card that had 2 cents in it and bought a dulce $ gabbana Perfume. It took awhile to get here and i could tell it was a fake but it still smelled good. You should use one that has little money in it and get them for free. Hurry before they don't accept pre paid credit cards.

Edan Jun 08, 2010

Not sure how often people on this thread re-visit, but I had an idea to warn others about Fragrancex.com. You could write a warning to potential buyers through Google's Sidewiki. Go to Fragrancex's website, click your Google panel until you find the words Sidewiki - a panel will appear on the left hand side of the web page, and you should be able to post a comment about Fragrancex along its website.

FragranceXNo show of item

Like many others, I had ordered from Fragrancex.com once before in the past with absolutely no problems. However, they tend to botch up second orders for some reason (from my extensive research online)... ordered a perfume on the 31st of March, it is now the 30th of May and there is still no show. Of course they spiel the usual 'It's in customs' speech, however delivery to New Zealand has never been a problem in regards to fragrances, and after contacting NZ Customs they assured me they never 'hold' items, and if they DO, they send out a wee note to let you know so.

Needless to say, I received no such note. I was very unhappy so launched a dispute through Paypal for a refund. That was today confirmed in my favour after barely no response from Fragrancex.com themselves. My advice to anybody wanting to order from there is DON'T! Their prices are great - and obviously too good to be true. Be warned.

Anita Hickok Oct 21, 2010

Three charges showed up on my bank account this morning and I did not order anything from FragranceX.com - only one order yesterday from Fragrancenet.com

Coincidence? I DOUBT it.

The charges are being reversed per FragranceX, but I want to know who made the charges!

FragranceX.com — Shipment fraud

FragranceX is run by a big fraud, all sales persons are fraud there. Paid $75 for their Worldwide Premium...

FragranceX.com — HAVE NOT RECEIVED ITEMS ORDERED

I have ordered perfume from this company as advertised on their website. The order was supposedly invoiced on...

FragranceX.comShipments never arrived

2 orders never arrived. They say they can't provide a tracking number, but don't they have any kind receipt of having shipped?

They simply don't have any prove that they shipped it, they send if they want.

After having bought with them I had 3 other shipments arrived from US without problem and in just 2 weeks.

I should have looked for complaints before I shopped.

• Kr
                          Krista O. Jun 13, 2010

I can't believe I'm reading these comments. I ordered from Fragrance X. com and received my order very fast. The fragrances
                          and one lotion I ordered were the best priced of any store(online or elsewhere)that I could find. I got free shipping too. The
                          box came from Long Island City, NY. I looked it up in my Rand McNally and it wasn't listed. I know of Long Island, NY but not
                          as a city and I thought that was a little weird. I guess I'm lucky I didn't get scammed like all you good people through out the
                          world that say you did. I don't think I'll order from this company a second time after reading all the negative comments.

Krista O. from Florida, USA

Marcella N. Nov 03, 2009

I didn't received an order from Fragrancex.com, too.
                          It seems that they are operating kind of scamming website.Too many people are complaining about the same thing.
                          I woudn't advise anyone to buy from them.

Marcella(Canada)

FragranceX.com — Scam and cheating

I have placed an order with fragranceX.com at the very beginning of February 2009. Now we are in April! I wa...

FragranceX.comnever shipped and failure to answer phone when calling

ordered the "Can Can by Paris Hilton pack with the shower gell and lotion on their site for a sweet 16 present. when i call the phone line it goes press 1 to order all other calls press 2. when you press two they say to call back between 7am- i believe it said 9pm. i was calling on a day they say they are open at 11:18. if you call to place an order they are glad to answer the phone and i thought something was fishy because my product still had not shipped. i need to cancel this order and order a new one by thursday now thanks to this fraud of a site.

FragranceX — fake perfume

hi, I bought two perfumes - euphoria nd aqua di gio, from fragranceX .com . they dont smell real and dont...

London

FragranceX — Do not but from them!!

This company has the worst customer service anywhere.. they send out shipments with items missing, the do not...

FragranceXbad service

Placed order charged imediately nothing received for a month, called customer service for follow-up, verry rude and agressive representative. Received parcel a week later...it was empty. Wrote to customer service, 2 months have passed, still nothing received.

• Ga
                              Gabdel1 Jul 30, 2014

Ok, so as a follow up to this, and to be fair to the company, they did reply 24 hours within my recent email this time, and they processed my order, and delivered a tracking number of my package. I will see how things will go from here on, and maybe if their products are good, I will be ordering from them again.

Thank you.

• Ga
                              Gabdel1 Jul 29, 2014

Thumbs down for their ### [email protected] support center forwarding. They're the most useless customer support you could ever get. I have ordered from them via Paypal and they rejected my order because they couldn't verify my " shipping address", then when I contacted their support I got asked to use CC and send them some verification documents, which I did, but the order still got cancelled immidiately after being placed, I contacted them again, guess what, I got the same scripted message:

"Thank you for your email and for your recent order with FragranceX.com. We
                              are sorry to inform you that we could not verify the billing details for
                              your order. Your order has been canceled and your card has not been
                              charged. We apologize for any inconvenience... bla bla bla"

So I contacted them and after 3 days I got asked to send the same documents AGAIN, which I did, 24 hours later here I am waiting for their reply (which I bet it will be another script copy and paste) while writing this rant. Will definitely avoid in the future, even if I have to make my own scents, so if you're looking for a fragrance store definitely avoid FragranceX. Now I'm going to try FragranceNET which has some great reviews so I hope things go well with them.

• As
                              asas Sep 30, 2009

In case of purchase small quantities of a good company
                              I bought them Fragrances more than $ 6000
                              Unfortunately, they are the worst company that did business with them
                              Customs refused to enter the shipment into my country without bringing the original invoice
                              Certified seal of the company
                              More than two months and I contact with support and Victor and promised to send
                              Did not they send the bill
                              Currently in the consignment store DHL
                              After sending several e-mails & telephone calls
                              They asked me to return the shipment and send me money back
                              Reasonable that the issuance of an invoice and stamped so hard !!??
                              I seriously doubt the credibility
                              Ask more than two months only and did not send an invoice

• Ah
                              AHMET May 06, 2009

You are totally right about their bad or even the worst service among all other online fragrance companies..
                              - They do not reply any of your e-mail,
                              - They do not send the fragrances eventhough they collect the money from your credit card,
                              - Somehow they have never and ever any tracking number,
                              - They are careless & arrogant,
                              - They are not able to provide proof of delivery even if you ask for it,
                              - [email protected] is totally useless e-mail,
                              - They always keep telling "please be patient and your order is on the way"

NEVER and EVER buy any product from FRAGRANCEX.COM

• Tz
                              tz_zzzz Mar 06, 2009

I buy from fragrancex.com for about 2 years and I`ve never had a problem about shipping or else. They are very serious people.

FragranceX — Failure to deliver, charged shipping fees!

Did not ship product to me but charged $10.00 shipping fee. This is a rip off - BEWARE!!! I wouldn't...