First DATA LeasingContract

I signed up with First Data Leasing, and now they are telling me its a non-cancelable contract, then they sent me a letter saying to pay $2000 to cancel.
How can I solve this problem??

• Kb
    KBranch Oct 29, 2011

I signed with this company as a result of signing with a credit processing company, Funds Transfer Alliance. FTA turned out to be charging me more than I thought, so I canceled in the first 3 months and promptly returned the terminal. Whats the point of keeping a terminal if you don't use the company any more, seems like a scheme to me. I was speaking with a person the other day whose job is reviewing contracts such as these and he said terminals such as these only cost them $300! I had a lawyer send them a letter informing them to cease the calls and that the contract was terminated, they continue to call! I'm looking for suggestions to get them to stop calling, they have the terminal

• Ta
    tacttrans Aug 25, 2011

I wish I would've read all of this before signing up with them, they are the ultimate scammers. Do NOT do business with them. Their fees are outrageous and the length of contract is absurd. I switched to Square (squareup.com). I was told yesterday that if I wanted to send my card processor back it would cost me $1, 400.00...what?

• Mi
    Michael Cole Jul 07, 2011

I can only agree with all that was said here. First Data's predatory practices are a textbook example of the very worst kind of company. I am hoping a class action lawsuit is in the works somewhere. If it is, count me in.

• Yv
    Yvonne Dougherty Apr 26, 2011

Like many other retailers I was first scammed by Merchant Lynx Services who never informed me I was being charged $37/mo. for a credit card terminal. When I tried to cancel no one would answer calls, and I found it impossible to contact them online. I returned the machine months ago, closed the bank account they were using to charge me a monthly fee, and I get letters weekly threatening to ruin my credit. No one answers their phone line. They call my business with a recorded message, but when I wait for a real person, five-ten minutes passes with no one answering the phone.

JOYOSITY Dec 08, 2010

This company has HORRIBLE customer service, they flat out lied to me repeatedly and I recommend NEVER doing business with them. Even after cancelling my lease (after waiting 3 years to do so, only to find out when I called repeatedly they lied to me about when I could cancel), they continued to charge my account. When I demanded the refund they only refunded a portion of the amount. Please do yourself a favor and save yourself possibly thousands of dollars and DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH FIRST DATA.

• Bu
    budsauto Apr 09, 2010

I was lied to so i would sigh there contract and i had a short time fram to stop services without being fined thay made sure i could not find out about the lies till the last day to stop services and then i faxed off like thay said next bank stapment i was charged 2 out of 3 services thay told me that i was suppose to send 3 differant letters why i sighed up with one company in the time that past paying over 100 a month for services i dont use. cant really understand how thay can do this and i guess thay all scam us small companys becouse i just dont have the time to follow up [email protected]

• Sc
    scam on a large scale Mar 16, 2010

I'm a class action attorney in the process of assessing possible class action lawsuits against First Data. Our fim has already successfully prosecuted claims against other credit card processors for unfair trade practices. Please contact me with more information about your complaints. [email protected]

• Fd
    FDLS Mar 15, 2010

I totally agree with all of you I am also in the same boat as all of you we need to do something

• Ec
    Echelon Feb 10, 2010

I agree, let's all come together and complain together. My ex-business partner signed us up 3 years ago and it wouldn't reboot because I am using Vonage phones, so had to get another merchant provider, but they won't let me out of my contract. Hate them...

• Da
    dawn henry Jan 25, 2010

this is my second time going through the same thing, they took $519.00 from my acct twice, they refunded me, but I went through it again last week, still waiting for my second refund, spoke with the manager for the third time, he said I will b refunded in three days, I'm also in a 3 year contract, but waiting for the contract to get closer to it's time, I don't use the machine now, and they still charge me $62.45 and $51.89 for lease a month, o by the way the wireless machine broke 4 times in one year. I hope anyone has a solution for me when I cancel, because if not, all hell is going to break loose! We should all come together!

• Sc
    scam on a large scale Sep 11, 2009

I am in the same boat right now... did u resolve it with First Data or not yet?

• Vi
    VictimofFraud May 10, 2009

Check your credit report... First Data destroyed my credit!!! They might of done it to you too...
    Make sure you pull your credit report... If your situation is anything like what I experienced with First Data, then you should check your credit report. My story can be found on NewLawsNow.com ... Good luck...