Having problems with First Data?

First Data reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Apr 30, 2008. The latest review Terminal the I never like as I call Richard Kern and I say I don’t want a lease I don’t want a contract and he say you not a a lease or contract was posted on Apr 19, 2021. The latest complaint contract not expalined was resolved on Sep 18, 2014. First Data has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 148 reviews. First Data has resolved 66 complaints.

First Data Customer Service Contacts

1800 243 444 (Australia)
+1 866 965 8330 (United States)
+44 345 606 5055 (United Kingdom)
+43 126 0820 (Austria)
+385 16 392 902 (Croatia)
+49 697 9330 (Germany)
+36 15 771 700 (Hungary)
+40 213 060 615 (Romania)
+421 268 285 255 (Slovakia)
+852 37 466 800 (Hong Kong)
+60 322 871 178 (Malaysia)
+65 65 118 700 (Singapore)
+971 43 756 867 (UAE & Middle East)
+54 114 340 9800 (Argentina)
+57 318 253 0002 (Colombia)
+598 29 022 501 (Uruguay)
5565 Glenridge Connector NE, Suite 2000
Atlanta, Georgia
Austria
Saturn Tower, Leonard-Bernstein-Strasse 10, 1220 Wien

Slovakia
Digital Park II, Einsteinova 25, 851 01, Bratislava 5, Slovak Republic

Mexico
Jaime Balmes 11 Torre D 4° Piso Col. Los Morales Polanco, CDMX 11510 Mexico

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with First Data Customer Service. Initial First Data complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for First Data above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about First Data. Discuss the issues you have had with First Data and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

First Data Complaints & Reviews, Page 6

First Dataviolates all codes of ethics

From February 14 of 2010 First Data rep hre in Kentucky have done nothing to correct all the initial and mileading promises in a four year contract. Also they have allowed a third party claiming to be a part of First Data to call me issuing threats concerning insurance through a unknown third party insurance company. They sent me a notice that I either had to take insurance or I had to furniush my personal insurance policy that protects my business to them.
#1 who the hell do they think they are . They want MY insurnce info and want me to sign their form (them being an unknown third party I would be enteri ng into yet another agreement with private info) that does not concern them. Not!!!
Its been a mess with them threatening me repeatedly with violating my conntract with them. ANYTIME it takes 3 months to clean up their messes i say its time to part company. Had most of my trouble with their Tele Check company . Both being a customer to a company that used Tele Check who denied 4 of my business checks and when researched by my bank ppersonally found that Tele Check had refused my checks and HAD NEVER RAN THEM THROUGH MY BANK of which I have 5 accounts with enough money to more then cover the checks in each account.
So...STAY FAR AWAY FROM FIRST DATA AND IF THERE IS A CLASS ACTION PLEASE MAKE SURE IM IN IT > I HAVE ALL KINDS OF EVIDENCE>

First Data Merchant Servicesfraud federal crime

I have a yahoo internet business, Yahoo only allows FDMS First Data Merchant Services as there platform for there shopping carts on there stores, I have been open for 3 years my sales have doubled- in July 2009 I checked my bank account and was not receiving my deposits I contacted First Data and they stated since my volume has gone up I am higher risk, so they would take 10% out of each of my batches until 10, 000.00 was in a reserve. Then in Jan 2010 was again contacted due to my 5% dispute rating (this dispute is not averaged by closed or won disputes, but by disputes opened- internet business are Higher risk, people dispute if they do not receive there product in 2 weeks even if the tracking shows it is on its way and the website states it can take up to 3 weeks to receive the merchandise and every product on the site state"2-3 business days for the handling time"- so I was then told I had to write out a plan to lower my disputes and they would be once again taking 10% out of my batches till another $10, 000.00 so a total of 20, 000.00 would be in reserve. March 2010 after they had the $20, 000.00 they stopped funding me again and gave me a week to find a new cc processor and told me they will hold the $20, 000.00 for 6 months from the last day I processed threw them. I formed a corporation and open a new account under the corporation- I was just told that they will not be funding me again and they are closing that account because of my previous account that was under my personal ss #- they are holding over another $10, 000.00 of mine. This is now a total of $30, 000.00 which is double the amount required to start a federal lawsuit- I then started doing some internet searches on first data and found several other people who experience this same issue and still have not received a dime back of the money first data is holding. Yahoo only allows there online ecommerce businesses to use a processor that is first data merchant services compatible so I am stuck and feel helpless as so many other people that have been scammed the same from First Data Merchant Services FDMS who there security department who makes these decisions is in Melville New York- [protected] but when you call no one answers they promise a call back with in 24 hours - they call you back in that time frame to notify you they are holding funds and canceling your service- but not when you are trying to get your money back- it has been 2 days I have left 6 messages and no return call- my next phone call is to a attorney to start Federal proceedings- This is one of the reasons the economy is the way it is- I have had to let 2 employees go due to this loss of income, and if this continues I will have to close my business and file bankruptcy these corporations tied to the banking system and credit card industry need to be stopped and our government is not doing a thing or passing any new laws to stop this- The middle class will no longer be in existence as long as company's and there "sister company's" like First data Merchant services are allowed to destroy and take advantage of the hard working middle class business and people. They need to be stopped!

• Do
        DOREY COMMUNICATION Apr 16, 2014

FIRST DATA try to fraud. We don't have an account with them because we asked our bank a few time to accept CREDIT CARD payment and they told us NO, as my husband was not a client of this bank (it was Bank of America). So FIRST DATA can't ask us now to pay for an early termination of account, as there is no account. I'll file a complaint with the FBI. You should all do the same. FIRST DATA can't ask you to pay for fees that don't exist into a valid and fully accepted contract with you.

ANTHONY HILTON Oct 21, 2011

WARNING!!! WARNING!!! WARNING!!!
        FIRST DATA IS GOING BAD. IT IS ALL TRUE. WE SALE CELL PHONES ON EBAY AND GOT TIRED OF PAYPAL PLAYING GAMES AND LIMITING OUR ACCOUNT EVERY OTHER WEEK FOR NO REASON OR COMPLAINTS. SO WE DECIDED TO MOVE ON AND USE OUR OWN MERCHANT. BOY THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE. THEY ARE HOLDING $13, 000.00 OF MIN AND NO ONE TO SPEAK TOO. NO ONE COMPLAINED, NO CHARGEBACKS. THEY ARE HOLDING IT CAUSE THEY CAN. I HOPE THAT THSES GREEDY COMPANY WILL F*** FALL ONE DAY VERY SOON. I TRULY HATE THE CREDIT AND BANKING SYSTEM IN THE US. THEY ARE THE BEASE AND THEY ARE RUINING OUR COUNTRY. I HATE THEM. DO NOT OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH FIRST DATA. I SENT THEM OUR PERSONAL COMPANY BANK STATMENTS, DL, SSN, DBA PAPERS EVERYTHING. IT TOOK THEM A WEEK TO APPROVE AND OPEN OUR ACCOUNT AND THAT FOLLOWING WEEK THEY HELD ALL OUR SALES.???

CathyBusiness Jan 08, 2011

Can you prove you didn't have any chargeback from that $19, 000?

• Wa
        waterline marine Dec 28, 2010

LETS ALL GET TOGEATHER AND DO THIS, THEY HAVE TAKEN 19, 000 FROM ME AND NOTHING IN RETURN NOW THAT MY COMPANY HAS CLOSED AND ITS BEEN OVER A YEAR. THEY SCREWED ME GOOD WITH OUT A STICK!!!
        [email protected]
        email me and lets do this, im broke to start it or i would.

CathyBusiness May 25, 2010

We need somebody to go after them with a Class Action SUIT>>>>>

CathyBusiness May 25, 2010

My first few days, they have closed the account. I contacted all the consumers that I charged cards with and no one complained. They have taken it upon themselves to put my account o hold.

First Data Global Leasingtotal scam

[email protected]!#%@!
      After being suckered into a $1, 800 lease for 49.99 machine with pin pad - we do mail order by the way - we gave up on getting out of it after 9 months of phone calls, letters, and emails. We sent the machine back in April of 2009 with a big check. In Feb of 2010, they charged me another $200 for not returning the machine! I gave them the tracking number and asked for a refund. Yeah, Okay we can do that. 40 days later still no refund. Called again. Took 4 calls to get a supervisor. There can't be that many people in the place. They have now expedited my refund and it should be here within 5 to 7 days. I won't hold my breath. But I gotta try.

Stay away from these people!! at all costs. You will never get away from them. Pretty soon they should be debiting my account again for the annual security monitoring - can't wait for that fight! again! The account was cancelled within 30 days of opening in Oct of 2008 and it still comes back to haunt us.

Beware

• Pe
          Penchetta Oct 07, 2011

Shame on Sam's Club and Wlamart Inc for being in BED with First Datat & First Data Global leasing. The Sam's club manager refered The First Data Scam artist to my business, I signed on his computer without seeing or reading what I signed. I assumed since it was a Sams club referal it would be okay. Well I have been screwed by First Data Global leasing like everyone else here. I could have recieved a better referral from the Mafia or the drug cartel and gotten a better deal. Shame on you Sams Club!!!

• Ae
          AEY services Aug 30, 2010

We've been defrauded too. Do you know the address of FDGL where I can return our equipment too? How much was this big check?

First Data Global Leasing — illegal deduction

Seems we are in along line with this firm. They seem to be deceptive all acroos the country. My compliant i...

First Datathey stole $32,439 from me

My company used Cardservice International for many years, then they changed to First Data and everything started to go south. We had a high risk account, but always kept our chargebacks to a minimum over the years and had a track record to prove it. Literally, out of the blue, we were overwhelmed by chargebacks, and were able to provide First Data the proper signed slips and everything they needed to ensure the sales were legitimate. We still lost the sales.

To add insult to injury, shortly after, they canceled our account, due to excessive cahrgebacks, and said they would hold $32, 439.00 (yes... 32k) for six months to cover any chargebacks involved. After sex months I contacted the First Data representative (Gideon Jackson). He said it would be another six months. Then I was pawned off to another agent (Deidra M.Olds deidram.[protected]@firstdata.com) who said they would release half of the funds, then another half later. I provided copies of my ID and contact information, per their request. She said they would send a check to me for half of the funds. It never came, she never replied, they no longer return my calls or emails.

You can imagine the damage done to your business with someone holds $32, 439.00 without notice. It literally ruined and bankrupted the business.

It has been 2 years since they agreed to pay the money, they will not return any contact to me. My next step is legal recourse, though that too is painful as some collection agencies are asking for as much as %40 - 50%. I have lost my business, and money. I'm at a loss.

If anyone knows an attorney or company who has successfully had many returned for a fair price, please contact me: [protected]@gmail.com

Anonymous1971 Jan 15, 2011

Been there, done that, but for me it was $300, 000 (almost ten times as much). My lawyer was able to get it back after several years. But I do hope you have some kind of paper trail showing they held it back.

First Datafraud

Hello everyone,

There is this lawyer who has responded and here is his information if anyone would like to contact him...

I'm a class action attorney in the process of assessing possible class action lawsuits against First Data. Our fim has already successfully prosecuted claims against other credit card processors for unfair trade practices. Please contact me with more information about your complaints. [protected]@cdalawyer.com...

• Re
              regina Jan 19, 2011

First Data is Fraud Fraud Fraud. They stole my information such as social security and other personal information pretending they are part of the bank and then placed me on a terminated merchant list more than 8 years ago. I asked them many times to write me a letter that I never had an account with them. They denied my fraud claim and denied my request to issue me such a letter. As a result of their fraud actions, I was not able to processs credit card traansactions for over 8 years and lost lots of money. I cannot believe that First Data, Cardservice, Humboldt Bank and Umpqua Bank are all cardservice and are still allowed to exist. My e-mail is [email protected]

• Do
              DoubleDee Nov 20, 2010

I too am in the same boat as so many of you! First Data is a FRAUD!!! This company should not be allowed to swindle businesses like this. Who do we contact, the State's Attorney? There has to be something WE CAN DO!! ANY contract can be cancelled. Trying to speak to a supervisor is a waste of time. Their job is to be MEAN, NASTY AND RUDE! I returned their machine without ever taking it from the box within a week of receiving it. I requested a signature with the return too. I got the green signature card back in the mail a few days later. I called FDGL and the rep told me that they NEVER got it back. I have a signature on a card buddy!! Now I am being harassed EVERYDAY and told to pay thousands of dollars for a machine I never took out of the box. RIPOFF is too kind of a word for these people!!!

• Da
              danielmartin1968 Jan 10, 2010

FIRST DATA is a complete fraud! AVOID... lie to you about contract... latest problem: They charged me $75.00 extra even though I have a 4 yr. contract, they said they sent out a letter and they can change the fee anytime they want (exact words). If I have a contract they should NOT be able to change the fee to anything they want. Why have a contract????
              If you ask for super. they are VERY RUDE, I mean VERY RUDE... keep telling me "this phone call is over" I have never had such a situation! I will fight this over principal !!! I WILL NOT BE CHEATED!!
              *********AVOID FIRST DATA*******AVOID FIRST DATA***********AVOID FIRST DATA********

THIS IS NOT OVER I HAVE A WRITTEN CONTRACT AND I WILL FIGHT THEM!

First Data/chase Paymentech/chauncey Garcia — merchant fraud

i opened my merchant account with chase paymentech/first data and they processed all the credit card...

First Data Merchant Servicesservice

Not for small business. First Data may work for big business but it is definitely not for small business. First Data will 'fee' you to death raising the effective rate of processing credit cards well beyond the industry norm.

The sales process was deceptive especially to a neophyte. Sales people represent themselves as trying to 'help' you understand card processing. Nothing could be further from the truth. They're goal is to sign you and move on.

Although the discount rate is attractive that's not the real issue to a small business offering card processing as a convenience to their customers. The fee structure is not friendly to small business.

• Th
                the hardware Aug 05, 2011

Absolutely agree, unfortunately had to learn the hard way. We tried First Data through Sam's Club for one month and it was TERRIBLE. Not only were their rates bogus after all the hidden fees, but the salesman actually did lie about many issues. We have it in print because he lied in emails, but that doesn't seem to matter. They sure will not make anything right. I guess I didn't research enough before we tried them or I wouldn't have. Seriously, it's not worth it.

• Sc
                scmr Jun 02, 2011

First Data customer service is appalling

• Dd
                ddh1769 Jul 28, 2010

I totally agree, my small business had chargebacks for which I tried to work with First Data to solve the issue they were very uncooperative to say the least! Now my account has been "interrupted" until I pay the balance which includes a chargeback that was reversed and according to the First Data rep it is "not her job to find out if the reversal was received"!!!

First Data Merchant Servicesfalse contracts

A First Data salesman came into my store, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, in March of 2007 offering to reduce my expenses from processing bank cards.

I was already processing bank cards through another vendor. The saleman assured me that he, First Data, would take care of getting me out of my current contract which ran until the spring of 2009. He wanted me to sign a four year contract, but I told him my lease was up in January of 2010, and I did not want to sign anything past that. I also stated that I might have to close the business before then, but he assured me that the lease could be transferred to a third party at any time. He further stated leasing was better than buying because I would be able to get upgrades without buying a new machine.

After I signed the contract, the reality of his lies set in. He failed to get me out of the first contract, so I ended up paying rent on two machines for two years. For the past three years I have paid them $78 a month, for a total of $2, 808, for a machine I could have bought from xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxB ank for $250. They have never sent me any upgrade;, as a matter of fact they want to charge me $100 to make me compliant with some new law, even though I only use their machine to process transactions.

Now, finally, my lease on the storefront over, I call them to return the machine. They tell me I have to pay them for another 12 months, that I in effect had signed a 48 month lease. This is absolutely false. The salesman must have changed the terms, and lied to me, about this and the fact that the lease could be transferred to a third party, which they are now unwilling to do. There is no way I would have signed a lease for their machine extending past the end of my lease on the storefront.

• Eg
                  egrt Apr 06, 2010

We signed a 24 month agreement and they are trying to collect a 48 month. We have returned the equipment and they still want us to honor a false lease. I have sent my information to the class action address listed on this site. I am so sick of the banking industry taking advantage of people...

First Data Global Leasingscam

Like many others I see here, I am locked into a $30.74/ month contract that makes my brain twist in knots of frustration! I worked with Alex White, a lying salesman who is apparently no longer employed with this company, and explained to him that I had just opened a "mom and pop" style hair salon in a small town and that I had signed a 2 year lease on the salon building itself. Because our contract was what seemed like an endless email (and because I was 22 at the time and very naive), I trusted his words when he confirmed all my wishes verbally. Little did I know, I had just e-signed myself up for 3 years of card service and FOUR years of leasing the physical terminal, regardless of my request for a 2 year agreement on both. Can anyone help me understand who would want their card services for a full year after their location lease expires but especially why I would agree to leasing the equipment for another full year after the service itself has expired! So my salon relocated after 2 years and my equipment would not work at our new location. By this time, the economy was plummeting and my clientele was requesting cheaper and cheaper service options, making my acceptance of credit cards more and more costly for me! I spoke with a very charming salesman named Matt Dapompiano who agreed to get my service rates lowered due to my business decline and he also arranged to have new equipment sent to me which was all done thoroughly. The new terminal I received, however, was incredibly inferior and extremely more difficult to use so my salon stopped accepting credit cards. Despite my begging, pleading, and sadly crying, I learned that no one gave a darn about the decline in my business or the fact that I wasn't even using their services anymore. I continued to pay monthly for both the service and equipment. Not until my service contract FINALLY ended (after a full year of ZERO use), was it brought to my attention that I am stuck with the terminal lease for another entire year! When I called Matt Dapompiano to try and get some more effective help, he along with a supervisor I spoke with named Jennifer R., informed me that FDGL is an entirely different company from the service provider, First Data Merchant Services despite their umbrella name similarities and that they had no control to help me as they were not even employed by FDGL (even though Matt was completely able to assist me when my equipment was broken). They also informed me, as if some giant inside joke, that FDGL NEVER allows a contract to be canceled and that I probably wouldn't even be able to get past an operator/receptionist if I called their 1-800 number. Well they were right! The call was answered by a very sweet sounding girl looking to direct my call but I was quickly informed that there was NO ONE I was even allowed to speak with concerning an early termination of my lease. I tried being pushy and she simply gave me an address I could write to... no response to that letter after 3 months. So here I am with another 12 months of paying what will total $1475.52 to lease a piece of equipment that I not only have no service connected to but that I have priced through Stapples, Office Depot, Office Max, and several online retailers to be $249.99 (at the most expensive) all the way down to as little as $99 (with service agreement, but that is the sell price not any kind of lease)! Any finally, I tried calling Matt one last time to see if persistence would pay off (since he helped me before with the terminal), only to be informed by what had to be an under trained or just hopelessly honest new guy that, "Matt Dapompiano doesn't work in this office and I've never heard of him" and that before he started working for the company, lots of people were "trapped" into 4 year lease agreements that outlasted various service agreements and that he simply could not help me but was so sorry that I am "one of those business owners who is now stuck with what the company quickly realized was a faulty arrangement". He went on to explain that the company no longer even offers leasing options with the service agreements which is why no one there could help me... When an employee admits the deal was crooked..."a faulty arrangement", a company with a little integrity would own their mistakes and make it right! Sadly, this is what America is coming to! ALWAYS PRINT YOUR CONTRACTS... tell the salesman you will call him after you have read his 35 page email and NEVER EVER EVER do business with FIRST DATA GLOBAL LEASING!
                If anyone gets anywhere with this company, please email me: [protected]@yahoo.com

• Fa
                    Family Owned Busines Jun 07, 2012

Like so many others I was speaking with, it sounded like a caring sales person, Nancy O'Reilly with IMS. I spoke with her and she said I could exit without any penalties. Like the others there was a huge agreement in terms you could not understand. I went through it with her and she explained and answered all my question, not knowing she was just telling me what I wanted to hear, not what I needed to know. I did not know they were signing me up with IMS for the credit card charges and then another company, First Data Global for leased equipment. Little did I know when I wanted to change companies for a better rate up popped the lease agreement through Data Global Leasing. 48 month lease and When I requested to return the equipment a letter came with big bold letters NON-CANCELLABLE. When I asked them for a copy of my lease agreement they had on file they said, "sure for $7". So after two years of paying them a monthly fee they now say I owe the 679.99 plus any taxes that would accrue in the future for the remainder of the unused lease. That price does not include me keeping the machine. That price is for returning the machine leaving me with nothing from First Data Global. If I wanted to keep the machine it was anther $100+. When I asked my new company they told me they had heard of this happening and what First Data was doing was giving a commission to the sales person. Really the machines only cost $99 and I got it for free from the new company and the agreement terms were short and clear. I tried to contact Nancy O'Reily with IMS with no success. First Data Leasing now has a non working number.

in ssmall claims court

dennis lyman Jul 17, 2011

The best and easiest way to stop them is to sue them for taking unauthorized funds from you're checking account.

dennis lyman Jul 17, 2011

The best and easiest way to stop them is take them to small claims court for taking unauthorized funds from you/re checking account

• Al
                    a lim Aug 02, 2010

Finally after my lease contract expired, I returned the card processing equipments via US postal service. I called them one week later to make sure that they have received the equipment. Yes they received it. However, the customer service rep said that the equipment was received DAMAGED. The equipment was functioning perfectly when I last time I used it about a year ago. I did not use it for one year and kept it in very safe place until I returned it. There was no physical damage. I was forced to pay one extra year of rental on the credit card processing equipment after I ended the service because the service contract was for two years while equipment lease contract was three. They are scaming me or in this case insurance company (they have been charging equipment insurance in addition to the rent). I just cannot believe how low this company would go. Please my fellow business owners and managers, avoid First Data and its associated companies.

First Data Independent SalesExcessive/hidden fees

This company bought out Credit Card Services and began charging excessive/hidden fees. Try a one time $120 annual fee plus minimum fees plus monthly cart and added service fees. They also charges a $75 account closing fee. I won't even mention the quality of customer service, except that it fits in with the rest of the company policy. I switched over to Newtek who had been hosting my website for a number of years and reduced my processing costs 75%.

• Ne
                      neartownvet Jun 30, 2011

This contract was for a 1 DAY rental of credit card machines and credit card processing. The contract and the sales person, Carlos, say nothing about the additional and excessive fees I would be charged even though we went over the costs of the rental. Now I am also getting monthly fees drafted out of my bank account because they say I signed a 12 month contract. I was told this is a temporary contract to cover the 1 day rental. I did not sign the actual contract and asked him directly if this was in fact for the 1 day and not 12 months. He said yes it is a temporary contract for the 1 day rental. I have spoken with Carlos multiple times regarding the closure of this account. Each time he says it is closed and each time it has not been closed. Now I am told I have to close the account through a different department that handles merchant services and that the sales person cannot cancel an account for a customer. I have sent in the requested fax, twice, to cancel the account and now they tell me there will be a $500 early termination fee!

• Kr
                      kristie f Feb 11, 2011

I signed up to have the ability to accept credit cards for my business. As the months went by I realized that the buisness I bought into was a scam and could not unload the $2, 500.00 of inventory that I purchased not to mention all the lead materials. So when I called to cancel my account with first data independent sales; the one that I have never used not only did I get charged a full month since I cancelled on the 5th of the month but also a $30.00 cancellation fee that the rep on the phone said that he would waive. When I called back the reps notes did not match our conversation at all and First Data Independent Sales would not refund me any money. I can see why people complain and agree completely poor customer service. Complete scam and rip off of money... I can see why so many people have turned to paypal.

• Sh
                      shegg Feb 03, 2010

The First Data Independent Sales network are a bunch of fraudster who promise what they can not deliver. They promised to get me approved for a merchant account to receive credit card payments. I was charged two months charges upfront before they can process my application. They came back with another condition that they will hold 15% of whatever comes into my account as collateral which i refused to accept. As such, they will not refund my two months charge they got upfront. No service was rendered to me and I was made to part with my hard earned money as a small business owner, I will ask potential business owners to stay away from this fraudsters. They will lure you to help your business grow and turn around to milk you of your hard earned money. Shame on you mark, cantu, sherrie, daniel and First Data Independent Sales network .

First Data Global Leasing — leasing cancellation

I cancelled my equipment leaseing on 19th October and requested the address to return the equipment. I also...

First Data Merchant ServiceStay away

We own a luxury retail showroom located at 1401 S Robertson Blvd. Los Angeles CA 90035. We started using First Data Merchant Service as our credit card processing on 3/10/09. Our transactions with this processor have increased slowly at first. On 08/19/09 one of our clients purchased chandeliers (which were subsequently delivered and installed) and paid using a visa card for the amounts of $10, 000.00 and $6, 000.00 in total.

We received a call on or about September 20th, 2009 from Frank Davenport (one of First Data's Risk Management representatives) requesting supporting sales documents for the very same previously mentioned transaction on 08/19.09. We promptly provided all requested materials in timely manner. Mr. Davenport acknowledged receiving and was satisfied with all the supporting documents that were provided to him. However to our surprise we received a letter dated 09/29/09 from First Data informing us that our merchant account has been closed and the amount of $15, 850.64 which was remaining in our account was placed on hold. We contacted Mr. Frank Davenport and he stated the hold is for a future charge back possibility and we should call him back in 30 days, as he needed time to release the funds.

We never had any charge backs affecting our account. We never had a fraudulent card processed through our terminal and for the past five years we have not even had a charge back inquiry. We contacted the first data at the end of October and were informed that they reserve the right to hold on to the funds for up to 18 months and that I should call back in 60 days for release of fund.

Now that we have contact them in 60 days we have been given the same story repeated over and over again followed by a demand of returned phone call, this time in 90 days. We called 12/29.09 and 12/31/09 talked to him and his co-worker and they told us same thing that they have right to hold our badly needed fund with out any reason for up to 18 months. We don't have any charge back inquiry in our account. The time frame for the client to request a reasonable charge back request has already elapsed. The products were delivered to the client’s home and installed as permanent fixtures inside their resident over four months ago; therefore there are not any logical or justifiable explanations of why the merchant processing center is holding to our funds.

• Ey
                        eysalon Jun 16, 2011

I've been dealing with a similar problem with these guys. Customer service was worthless. They laugh at us merchants because they know the next place you switch to, to do your CC processing, will most likely be doing the processing through them anyway, because they control about 80% of the industry. Part of the problem was I went through my bank to open the account and there the ones who set the fees and rates. Who did you go through? I've been trying to look for direct cc processor services like Global payments, Chase, Heartland, etc. Still looking and comparing rates.

• Ra
                        Radgary Jun 16, 2011

Dishonest business! Lied to us about monthly fees. Told us we wouldn't have any regular monthly fees other than transaction fees. After we looked at our statements we realized we were being billed $50 a month! That's $50 a month even if we didn't run any cards at all. And when we called to see if they would work with us on the fees they refused. This is a company that is dishonest and thrives off of screwing people over. Do yourself a favor and take your business some place else. Terrible company with terrible customer service.

• Tb
                        T Bond Jun 08, 2011

I was wronged by First Data representative knowing duplicated my signiture and had me singned three years. Now, my bank account is closed for lack of fund, because they drained all of my money illegally. This comopany and their workers are deceptive. I call to cancel the merchant equipment within thirty days, but they told me no. They are working to bleed the hard working people. He has showed me part of the agreement on laptop and duplicated the rest of my signiture and most of all lied to me. Any feedback is appreciated.

• St
                        StayOffMyCash Feb 17, 2011

I was duked into a contract with First Data and now I can't get them to take the equipment back and stop trying to get the thousands of dollars they thik they are intitled to. Do not use, they are crooks. If anyone can help please tell me what to do. All I want to do is give them there equipment back and carry on with my small buisness. I have made every attempt to resolve this and now they are threatning my credit. I strongly suggest not using First Data at all. Again the are crooks. Stay away.

• Te
                        TellingT Jan 19, 2011

I do not recommend this company to anyone who does not have money to throw away every month. All I wanted was a seasonal account and I was told by the sales rep. that I would have one. He failed to tell me about a form I would have to fill out for the times I didn't need it, or the policy about it. Now after paying every month growing fees for 3 year's, which went from $14.95 to $78.00 a month, plus you have to pay an annual fee of $100.00 every year you are in contract with them, that doesn't include the percentages of sale either. The sales account guy didn't tell us that we had to contact them a month before our contract was up, or send anything in writing to them or that we also had to pay a $75.00 closure fee on top of the monthly fee. RIP OFF!

• Su
                        suck first data Jan 04, 2011

DON''T, ever sign with this company, they lied, provided false contract, ripped off, threated customer.
                        Don't be a victim!!!, Don't trust sales person. Any word that sales person or company offer,
                        get them in writing.
                        GET THEM IN WRITING !!! or YOU ARE IN A TRAP. DON'T EVEN TRY. Stay away or you will be like me.

• FDMS First Data Merchant Services and Yahoo e commerce Scam-Fraud
                        I have a yahoo internet business, yahoo only allows FDMS First Data Merchant Services as there platform for there shopping carts on there stores, I have been open for 3 years my sales have doubled in July 2009 I checked my bank account and was not receiving my deposits I contacted first data and they stated since my volume has gone up I am higher risk, so they would take 10% out of each of my batches until 10, 000.00 was in a reserve. Then in Jan 2010 was again contacted due to my 5% dispute rating (this dispute is not averaged by closed disputes but by disputes opened- internet business are Higher risk, and people dispute if they do not receive there product in 2 weeks even if the tracking shows it is on its way and the website states it can take up to 3 weeks to receive the merchandise and every product on the site state"2-3 business days for the handling time"- so I was then told I had to write out a plan to lower my disputes and they would be once again taking 10% out of my batches till another $10, 000.00 so a total of 20, 000.00 would be in reserve. March 2010 after they had the $20, 000.00 they stopped funding me again and gave me a week to find a new cc processor and told me they will hold the $20, 000.00 for 6 months from the last day I processed threw them. I formed a corporation and open a new account under the corporation- I was just told that they will not be funding me again and they are closing that account because of my previous account that was under my personal ss #- they are holding over another $10, 000.00 of mine. This is now a total of $30, 000.00 which is double the amount required to start a federal lawsuit- I then started doing some internet searches on first data and found several other people who experience this same issue and still have not received a dime back of the money first data is holding. Yahoo only allows there online ecommerce businesses to use a processor that is first data merchant services compatable so I am stuck and feel helpless as so many other people that have been scammed the same from First Data Merchant Services FDMS who there security department who makes these decisions is in Melville New york- [protected] but when you call no one answers they promise a call back with in 24 hours - they call you back in that time frame to notify you they are holding funds and canceling your service- but not when you are trying to get your money back- it has been 2 days I have left 6 messages and no return call- my next phone call is to a attorney to start Federal proceedings- This is one of the reasons the economy is the way it is- I have had to let 2 employees go due to this loss of income, and if this continues I will have to close my business and file bankruptcy these corporations tied to the banking system and credit card industry need to be stopped and our government is not doing a thing or passing any new laws to stop this- The middle class will no longer be in existence as long as company's and there "sister company's" like First data Merchant services are allowed to destroy and take advantage of the hard working middle class business and people. They need to be stopped!

• Ls
                        lsay Apr 16, 2010

I had cancelled my account with this company as of 10/6/2008. I then started getting billed again in March of 2009, I called and complained that it was already closed, they said they would take care of everything. I now have been billed over 800 dollars since I closed account. First Data now says they have no record of my closing account, although one of their service rep top me today that my account showed closed as of 2008. This company is a total rip-off and close to being criminal in their actions.

• Be
                        BEWARE OF FIRST DATA MERCHANT Mar 09, 2010

Beware of this company, First Data Merchant Service. They give you low rate at first, then change to higher rate later. They charge for equipment leasing when you can get it for free at other company. when close your account, there is closure fee also which is ###. i return equipment back to them but yet they still try to withdraw the amount from my account. They give me such hardship when i close my account with them. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY, , , FIRST DATA MERCHANT SERVICE..

First Data Global Leasinglawsuit

the representative for first data global leasing through SunTrust Bank assured us that although the "lingo" of the contract stated it was not able to be cancelled that if we wanted to quit using we could at anytime.. This information was important to us because we were not sure how long we were going to be installing generators...
                      When we attempted to cancel the contract they told us we could not.. I actually contacted the rep (no longer working for first data) and she confirmed she had told us that and gave me a phone number to someone who could help us clear the situation.. I contacted that person and he gave me a "corporate person" that would clear the air...She pawned the situation to one of her associates. After countless hours of fighting this situation, he assured me that if the equipment was returned he was going to close the account and we would have no more obligation...the equipment was returned and not another word has been said(now going on two years), UNTIL...I got a letter in the mail the other day from a collection agency stating they are going to sue us!!! Approximately 4 mths ago I had run across all that old information in a paperclip and feeling the situation had been taken care of and gone, , I threw away the package of numbers, name and copy of all coorespondence!! Receiving that letter the other day was one of those "oh..." moments in life!! I am not even sure where to start now trying to get this cleared up once again!! I am so frustrated...This company is ridiculous...JoAnna

• Ro
                          Robert Oceanpines Apr 14, 2011

We Are currently in a situation with this BAD company for about 10 credit Card Machines. PNC Bank has been robbing me since I opened
                          my accounts with them. I intend to throw all of these machines in the trash and not pay them another nickel!

• Sm
                          Smile55 Dec 04, 2010

My terminal is through First Data global leasing... My lease is for 48 months and I knew that. On my contract, that is all I can speak to, it stated it was a non-cancelable 48 month lease. The main word here is lease. I personally have never heard of a lease being cancelable, this would be a rental. The next sentence is directly from the dictionary... In common parlance, “lease” may connote a non-cancelable lease, whereas “rental agreement” may connote a cancelable lease. I don't know, maybe it is just me but, we need to start taking responsibility for our decisions. With the access of the internet... there just seems to be no excuse for not knowing certain things. This is how the economy / housing market became what it is today. Now, as a responsible debt free citizen (I chose not to spend more than I made unlike the majority of people who wanted to keep up with the Jones's due to ego or the feeling of entitlement) I am having to pay for other peoples bad decisions.

Annette30 Jan 20, 2010

I canceled my contract with them in October. I had been with them since 2007. They rang me in Nomvember stating they hadn't received rental payment (I had cancelled direct debit. When I said I had cancelled in october they asked me to send a copy of the letter and they would send address to return equipment. Nothing was said about not being able to cancel. I received address and returned equipment in December plus sent them Nov payment. Thought that was end of it until last week when I received a letter stating I owed them a lot more money plus extra if I didn't return equipment. Wrote again s with evidence of postage and receipt by them of equipment and stating I did not owe them anything. Today tel call very very hostile and threatining stating my agreement doesn't run out until 2012 (lie) and that I have to pay until then. They also said that they will decide at the end of the term ie. 2012 whether or not I can cancel the lease or whether I have to pay another 18 months! Surely this illegal in any country. Could anyone let me know if they have successfully got these money grabbing sharks off their back as I cannot face litigation in America (I am in England.) If I don't agree by tomorrow they have threatened to take me to Court.

First Dataunauthorized leasing agreement

This company told me that my leasing agreement was up in january 2017 - when I called to return machine they claimed that I had a paperless lease extending the payment for another 14 months. This was due to the fact that the original machine stopped working and they replaced the defective machine, which automatically extended the so called paperless lease. They never informed us of this bogus policy and when we asked for paperwork, they wanted money for the paper and then in the next breathe said that there is only a paperless agreement - this is a fraud - bogus and totally bad business

• Ti
                            ticketlobster Apr 24, 2012

First "Thieving" Data purchased our processing from a reputable processor then began raising processing fees without our permission. I called First Data and asked why our authorization charge went from $.25 to $1.25 and we had 20 to 30 more authorizations than even charges (which is impossible): they said we were not their customer. I called no less than a dozen times and was told the same thing. The run around game is what First "Thieving" Data is about. After almost a year of not knowing who owned my account and being overcharged $100 to $200 per month, I switched to Chase Paymentech (Thank GOD). I called First "Thieving" Data to get a refund. Brendan their account supervisor had the nerve to tell me that Yes I was their client for that year and yes I was being over charged for the year but he would not do anything unless I came back. Then they would refund me 6 months of overcharges. The last thing they did was take $417 out of my account for no reason. They said yes they took the money and NO I wasnt getting it back. Can you say CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT!!!

• Bo
                            bobalu59 Jun 14, 2010

I started a websit, applied for merchannt services. I never used tham because I had an account with PayPal that was free to use credit cards throiugh. I had recived a few bills from First data that stated not a bill and listed a negative amount so I was asuming they were not charging me as I had not used them. I found out later that I hade been charged over $140 in fees and i had never used them. I called to complain and they want to charge another $90 to close the account. This is an account that was never used. I applied online but I now have to send in a letter stating that I want to close the ocount that I have never used. BEWARE OF THIS SERVICE AND DO NOT APPLY FOR IT TO ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS. WHAT A RIP OFF. I do not see how some people can sleep at night being such crooks. It just goes to show you that most banks desrve the reputaion they have!

• Fi
                            firstdatascam Mar 08, 2010

Go to this twitter link and retweet our post. We will let everyone know about their practices.

First Dataterrible company

I leased a Credit card machine from this company about a year ago and now sales have turned to mostly checks on a 30 day. I no longer need this machine and I contacted them and they said I had two choices one to keep making lease payments and until it was paid or I could pay 2000.00 plus to end the contract oh yes or I could turn the lease over to some one else and they would charge me 150. for transfer.

I just wanted to return their equipment so that they could continue to put it to use with some one else they were unwilling to help me on this when I mintoned bankrupcy they said that was fine and that it would settle the contract but that was the only way so I guess even though I'm not using it, I'll have to pay the 85.00 per month and keep the thing unless I do file bankrupcy.

• Fi
                              firstdatascam Mar 08, 2010

• Do not use First Data. Expensive (I leased complete POS) and their service is terrible, I have had ongoing unsolved problems for 2 years. DO 1)Buy your computer from Dell, 2) Buy Quickbooks POS software 3) Buy Scanners, recipt printer etc on EBAY. Then you will 1) Only pay for the credit card clearing (no leasing fee) and 2) have a POS that passes data to an accounting package Quickbooks. First Data has not been able to set up my accounting THAT THEY PROVIDED in 2 years.

First Data Merchant Services — deceptive business practices

We have been accepting credit card payments through several different processors and because of good rate...

First Data Corporation — Lease termination

In 2007 I entered into a merchant service agreement and equipment lease agreement with First Data Corporation...

Express Merchants Processing (firstdata)overcharging and undisclosed fees

I have charged in excess of $700 for them to process $3, 671 worth of credit card payments. The account representative lied about the fees they would be charging and assured me that I would save money by switching to their company. That was a joke! The biggest issue I have with them is their PCI compliance fees. I was charged $135 in October which stated it was my annual compliance fee. Then in January they began billing me monthly 19.95 because they claimed I wasn't in compliance! On top of that they couldn't give me an understandable explaination of what this was for!

I attempted to cancel the service by phone, fax, and snail mail from January 2009 to July 2009. I finally had to stop payment with my bank in order to get them to stop taking their fees. It took 2 hours on the phone in July to finally get them to cancel the service. At that time 3 different representatives advised me that all I owed was 99.95. Now I have been turned over to a collection agency for $02.58. I gone back over their very confusing billing statements and I can't figure out where they get this amount.

First Data Global Leasing — lease scam

I received a brochure in the mail to start takeing credit cards through Sams Clubs (which I still have) I...