First American Payment Systemsunreasonable demand from their collection dept

O

I had a small business in capitola, CA. I had to close the business since May09 and realized that I still have an open contract with FAPS until May2010.

Even my business had been closed I continue to pay FAPS on monthly charge of $11 through my business checking account.

January 2010 I wrote to FAPA a letter request them to send the bill my home (I have been update my home address with them since May09) since I have to close my business account.

Feb 17, I received their collection letter for full amount of $636. I call their number [protected] to resolve the matter.
1) the lady refused to give out her name.
2) she refused to record my conversation with her.
3) she refused to let me have conversation with her manager.
4) she made statements that they do not have to send the bill to my home. If I once closed my account, they terminated my contract and I have to pay full amount.

I felt FAPS "blackmail" me for $636. I believed I have my right to receive the bills if I chose not to debit from my checking account.

This is bad business that FAPS practices. I hope together we could send them a message that bad customer service will not get them too far.

• Fr
    Frutss May 28, 2010

1) the lady refused to give out her name.
    2) she refused to record my conversation with her.
    3) she refused to let me have conversation with her manager.