Having problems with MiWay Insurance?

MiWay Insurance reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Feb 9, 2011. The latest review Policy cancelled but Miway still debiting my account was posted on May 31, 2021. The latest complaint No Return Calls for update to policy was resolved on Apr 07, 2021. MiWay Insurance has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 47 reviews. MiWay Insurance has resolved 31 complaints.

MiWay Insurance Customer Service Contacts

+27 860 076 764 (Emergency Assistance)
+27 119 900 000 (International)
8 Sterling Road, Samrand Business Park, Kosmosdal Ext 12
Sat8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
SunClosed
Postal Address
PostNet Suite №382, Private Bag X121, Halfway House, 1685

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with MiWay Insurance Customer Service. Initial MiWay Insurance complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for MiWay Insurance above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about MiWay Insurance. Discuss the issues you have had with MiWay Insurance and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

MiWay Insurance Complaints & Reviews

MiWay InsurancePolicy cancelled but Miway still debiting my account

This is now the fourth attempt I'm making to recover the funds Miway has debited from my account after I canceled the policy. The promises made are all in vain. The attached conversation has not been honoured.

The follow ups are also falling on death ears. The response below was never attended by Miway.

"Dear Thabi,

Thank you for requesting a call back. Your reference number is: "[protected]".

One of our agents will contact you shortly to assist you with your query.

Generated on: [protected]:16:41"

Policy cancelled but Miway still debiting my account

• MiWay Insurance's response · Jun 01, 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us – we appreciate it. Your message is with the correct team and someone will get back to you shortly with feedback. In the meantime, please accept our apologies for any hassles we have caused you.

MiWay InsuranceClaim

The car was approved to be fixed after the car has striped, they change the approval to written off. Can you please help me, why miway does not consult me before writing off my car and yet they don't give me a call, it's me who phone them. Is it fair to change the approval to writing off? I want them to fix my car with the first approval

• MiWay Insurance's response · Jun 02, 2021

We’re so sorry to hear of your frustration. We’ve let the relevant team know, and someone will be in touch with you soon. In the meantime, we’d like to apologise for the inconvenience you’ve experienced.

MiWay InsuranceHome content claim

I had a home breaking a month ago. The assessor by the name of stephan share harassed the people in my residence. But before that he told me he's gonna help the people in struisbay, white people I guess I was not his priority since I was black. Damn I hate Miway for taking like m rubbish while I'm a paying client. I end up canceling my policy. [protected]@ymail.com is my email address. I am not happy with ur customer or client services. I get put aside So that whites can be helped first. I had to sit with my kids asking for a TV etc I had to proceed asking for loan to replace the appliances because clearly I was never a priority. Keep ur insurance I don't need ur stephan share harassing my people after he treated me like my money was not important or like a second citizen cause of my colour

• MiWay Insurance's response · Jun 02, 2021

We hear you and we’re so sorry to hear about the frustrations that have resulted from this! Your message is with the right team and someone will be in touch soonest to see how we can turn things around.

MiWay InsuranceNo Return Calls for update to policy

I have called in 7 times and left 5 call me backs with 5 operators as I need to make changes to my policy which should something happen, I will not be covered as my details with you are now incorrect.

this has also affected my premium as i wanted these changes done before the 1st of April and called between 25-31st March with no one to answer or help only to be told they are experiencing high call volumes.

I urgently need to update details on my policy so that should i need to claim i am within the correct parameters.

[protected]

• MiWay Insurance's response · Apr 07, 2021

We're sorry to hear that your recent service experience was not up to standard! We'd like to get in touch to assist you and see how we can turn things around. Please send us an email to [email protected] with your ID, policy or phone number and we'll get an agent to give you a call.

The MiWay Team

MiWay InsuranceClaim C1294427 that has now taken over a month going in to the 2nd month to be resolved

My son was in an accident on the 28th January 2021, today is the 8th Match 2021 and there is no indication that this claim has been resolved. Assessment was done on the car and it was wrong because when the car was towed to the panel beaters the found more things that needed to be fixed, first they said the car will be fixed then they said it is a write off and this all after i did all the follow ups. Since the accident i have been doing all the follow up's, MiWay does not get back to me. I have now called and email the lady handling my claim but she is not responding. Does it really take a month, going in to the 2nd month for a claim to be finalized? What more from my side do i need to do to get this claim resolved, I have already send the settlement letter 2 times. This is now stopping me to purchase a new car and causing a lot of aggravation. All this said and done MiWay is quick to send a new policy with a R700 increase. I do understand the working from home but i am also working from home and i also have deadlines to meet. PLEASE CAN SOME ONE GET BACK TO ME NOW ON WHEN THIS WILL BE SORTED OUT. I NEED TO MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE AND MAYBE MOVE TO A DIFFERENT INSURAR.

• MiWay Insurance's response · Mar 09, 2021

We’re so sorry to hear that your recent experience with us has not been up to standard and we assure you that this is not the level of service that we aim to deliver! Your feedback has been passed on to the right team and someone will be in touch soon to turn this around.

The MiWay Team

MiWay InsuranceLife insurance cancellation requests gone on deaf ears and money stolen from my account!

I have phoned the office over 4 times to cancel two of my policies that my husband and I took on the same day. They already debited our account even after requests have been emailed and telephonic requests to cancel policies MWL007574366 and MWL007574460, for Mrs Rebekah Rosanne Naidoo Dookharan and Christopher Dookharan.

These agents are idiots. They cut my calls and ignore my requests for cancellations and my money was stolen from our bank account! I want this reversed and refunded to our account! Immediately or I will get my lawyer to sue your'l!

• Updated by shannydookharan · Dec 02, 2020

Emails to cancel but no responses and monies was debited and needs to be reversed or refunded to us.

Comments

• Updated by shannydookharan · Dec 02, 2020

My email from [email protected] to them. No response aswel.

Comments

• MiWay Insurance's response · Dec 04, 2020

Thanks for writing to us! It does, however, seem as though this query is for our MiWayLife team. We have passed it on to them and an agent will be in touch shortly to assist you.

• MiWay Insurance's response · Jan 04, 2021

Thanks for writing to us! It does, however, seem as though this query is for our MiWayLife team. We have passed it on to them and someone will be in touch ASAP to assist you.

Oct 22, 2020

MiWay Insurance — Claim reference number: c1250628

I must say that I am in total dismay right now regarding claim reference number: C1250628. On 9th October...

MiWay InsurancePoor service and claims processing

Poor Service from Miway. I still have a pending claims c1245356, I was told my comprehensive cover is not comprehensive and they dont deal with third part related claims by their legal team this morning!. I needed Miway to claim the damages from the third party (which have not denied any claims) and furnished with me with all their company details and insurance but miway say that they wont be able to assist with me that.
              This such poor service that I have to constantly be calling for an update. Poor service!!!
              Basically I have paid premiums for two full years for nothing...

Babalwa

• MiWay Insurance's response · Oct 09, 2020

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us – we appreciate it. Your message is with the correct team and someone will get back to you shortly with feedback. In the meantime, please accept our apologies for any hassles you've experienced.

Jul 30, 2020

MiWay Insurance — Insurance

I've need trying to get my insurance canceled (policy #[protected]) and they just simply are not available and...

Apr 02, 2020

MiWay Insurance — insurance on my vehicles

Good day. I cancelled my policy in the 20/03/20. It went smoother than I thought. I got confirmation of the...

MiWay Insurancepoor customer assistance from ernest [protected]@miway.co.za

I requested my policy to be cancelled as MiWay has been charging me R50 every month for NO COVER! I email ernest requesting a cancelling letter confirming my request via email. NOT ONCE did he reply to my emailS, he tried calling but I stated in my email that I would like communication via email, when speaking to Ernest he advises me I can add a vehicle to my policy why would I want to add a vehicle when my request is for a cancellation??? I have been paying R50 every month this entire year and probably last year for NO COVER!

• MiWay Insurance's response · Nov 04, 2019

Please accept our sincere apology for not getting things right the first time around and for any inconvenience you have experienced – we assure you that this is not the MiWay way!

We have passed your note on to the right team and an agent will be in touch soonest to assist.

MiWay Insurancecar insurance

I decided to change to my way because their qoute was cheaper. The first premium was supposed to be debited on 1 October 2019. The payment was not debited. I have enough funds. I called again to query why the money was not debited because I was stressed about not being covered. I was assured that the matter would be resolved and the debit was not allowed. {I don't know why} they resubmitted the debit and it still didn't go through. I was told to wait 3 days. After 3 days I called and was told to wait 7 days. I then went on to call constantly at my expense during work hours to resolve the problem myself. I was told that my bank was at fault. So I wasted fuel and time going to the bank only to get told that outside debits orders cannot be resolved at my bank. I did not put out any stop orders or anything so I am baffled as to why my debits were not taken. I feel as though I was taken advantage of and made to cancel my old insurance for absolutely nothing. If my matter can't be resolved I would resort to canceling and going back to my old insurance and paying more to avoid wasting time and money on miway.

• MiWay Insurance's response · Nov 04, 2019

We have passed your feedback on to the right team and we assure you that it is never our intention to upset you in any way. Our team will get back to you with proper feedback and see how we can sort this out. In the meantime, please accept our apologies for the frustration and inconvenience you have experienced.

MiWay InsuranceLife cover

Good day,

I would like to cancel the life cover that I only saw the debit order without receiving any documents that I have to go through to see if I am happy with the premium and amount covered. We only did the telephonically call and I was promised the documents till now, I haven't received them but I was debited on the 25/08/2019 and I was never asked when will I like my debit order to go through. I don't even know my policy number, not sure if the beneficiaries I nominated are correctly captured. PLEASE no debit order should run this month.

Regards.
                    AM Lejaha
                    [protected]

• MiWay Insurance's response · Sep 03, 2019

Thank you for bringing this to our attention - we’re so sorry for any inconvenience that has resulted because of this. We have passed your note on to our team and someone will be in touch to assist you.

The MiWay Team

MiWay Insuranceno feedback on my excess a year and three months after accident

I was involved in an accident in 2018 where an individual drove into the back of my vehicle.

I paid the excess and the vehicle was repaired after back and forth with the repair company.

I am still waiting for my excess to be repaid to me after the claim was sorted I have emailed [protected]@miway.co.za and [protected]@miway.co.za and I am still waiting for feedback as NO ONE GETS BACK TO ME...
                      Claim number C948045

• MiWay Insurance's response · Aug 28, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to write to us. We have passed your feedback and your details on to the right team. They will get to the bottom of what happened and get in touch with proper feedback. In the interim, we would like to apologise for any hassles you have experienced!

• Updated by Corle Botha · Dec 23, 2019

No resolution was found. On the 29th of August miway contacted me and repaid me 900rand towards my excess paid. I was informed that the matter was handed to their attorneys... Another 4 months later I am again waiting for feedback and my excess which is rightfully mine...

• MiWay Insurance's response · Dec 27, 2019

We're so sorry for keeping you waiting. We have passed your feedback and your details on to the right team and someone will be in touch with you ASAP!

Jul 30, 2019

Miway Home Insurance — claim profile

Good day My name is Dayna Appolis Saaiers and my policy number is [protected] this is not the first time I'm...

MiWay Insurancemyway client service who sold me this product

My claim number is :c1077905. I am not satified with the access which I must pay as I joined miway being under impression that miway is cheaper than my previous insurence. I requested the clip of my conversation with client service personnel when I joined the myway even now I have not received it. I specifically told him the reason why was paying high premium was the fact that my son is less than 25 years and my wife just got her license and I was told that with miway it is not the case, but to my surprise, I am now informed that I must pay r4000 because my son is under 25 years of age exactly what I have asked in my discussion with myway.

I not happy with the fact that I am going to pay much more than the insurance on my access aftre being mislead.

I have tried to take this matter with the supervisor of kwena people but still to day she never bothered to call me to understand what my concerns are. the below are what to be paid by each party from the miway. see below email from myway

Kindly note that excess amount is the first amount payable by your on any valid claim

-r3500 - std excess
                        -r3000 single vehicle accident (including driving into an unoccupied vehicle)
                        -r4000 when the vehicle is driven by a person under 25 years of age or who has had their license for less than 2 years or has a learners license, and is not the regular driver:

Total excess amount payable on this claim is r10500

Total repairing cost of damages is r19051.46

Insurance is going to pay r8551.46

MiWay Insurancepoor customer service

Hi
                          I am a miway client and I feel really disappointed in the poor service I have been receiving the last 7 months. my wife (main driver) had an accident on the 28th of october 2018 when another car did not stop at a stop street and collided with her.
                          The car was sent to a panelshop after we paid r5500 excess which I understand is to be claimer from the driver at fault. I sent all the pics and information to miway agent justin smith. I have sent him numerous emails asking what the status of my claim was but to no avail. my case nr is c1014442.
                          The other driver in question, mr dambile ntlomo, is also a miway client and drives a renault sandero reg. cl 58552. can someone please assist as I am really not happy.

Feb 11, 2019

MiWay Insurance — roadside assistance

I'm really not happy about the poor service I received yesterday I called 3, 25pm and all my roadside...

Jan 29, 2019

MiWay Insurance — third-party repair and assessment by assessor

Miway client reversed into my vehicle on the 9 December 2018. I went to AlfaTrio panelbeater and got a quote...

Jan 28, 2019

MiWay Insurance — miway insurance suspended policy

Good day . I am a policy holder car insurance On 23rd - 24th of January my Husband requested a quote and...