Menu
MiWay Insurance
reviews & complaints

MiWay Insurance
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

57 complaints
43 resolved 14 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of MiWay Insurance. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
10:16 am EDT

MiWay Insurance - Car Insurance- Durban central Renew It

Worst service ever, my vehicle went in 1 month ago for a fender bender. Miway did not even bother about calling me or keeping me informed after tones calls and emails they say my vehicle is not ready it failed QC. Just for fender bender. I want all my policies cancelled both business and insurance! These guys dont even have the old spares to show me.

Worst insurance ever!

Claim number C1491060

Update by sugan moodley
May 28, 2022 8:03 pm EDT

Worst insurance evwr, my vehicle is sitting in the panel beater for a month an d nobody cares

I wish i new where to escalte them. I want all my policies cancelled with miway!

Claim numberC1491060

Do not use Durban Central Panel Beaters. Renew it group!

2 comments
C
Jun 28, 2022 6:27 am EDT

This is the worse service I’ve received from MiWay, I phoned numerous times to ask how far my claim is. Phumzile( MiWay insurer) never attempted to contact me on the progress let alone giving me the correct information of what is needed for my claim. I have given all the information with quotations and yet she’s asking for more quotations! this is still not resolved!

Claim No: C1516039

Jun 30, 2022 2:30 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

It is always our intention to meet and exceed your service expectations. We’re not happy to hear about the frustration and inconvenience you’ve experienced. Please accept our sincere apologies. We have passed your concerns on to the right team, who will get back to you with proper feedback so that we can sort this out for you.

Best regards,

The MiWay Team

A
6:07 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I’ve had issues during my vehicle repairs and now it seems to continue. Since receiving my vehicle back from Fleet VIP, I could still hear the noise I heard after hitting a pothole. I informed the panel beater who asked for the vehicle to be sent for further testing. When they originally received my vehicle the front tyres were flat and the vehicle wa...

H
1:03 am EDT
MiWay Insurance has left an official reply on this complaint.

MiWay Insurance - fraud activation of cover without speaking to me : MWL008332446

good day

very disgusted by your consultant , activating a policy using my ID number and personal information without speaking to me or my consent . i took out a miway life policy about 2 years ago and cancelled it . to my surprise yesterday i received an email stating i have taken another policy and i spoke to a consultant by the name of Ayesha on the 9th which i have never done. on the schedule is my details but incorrect telephone number and account number . this is very unethical. i requested this policy be cancelled i the recording be send to me which was never done. im now forced to take legal action .

Desired outcome: please send me the recording of the so called activation , cancel the policy and i want action to be taken against the advisor . i want to know how im i going to be compensated for the abuse of my personal information

J
6:13 am EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

COMPLAINT! C1454369 Good day Valerie Kindly see complaint below. I have not received a response on ONE email that I have sent. Is this really how you treat loyal customers? I was promised that Vincent would call me back several times, still waiting and I record each and every call. Nompumelelo also promised a call back yesterday at 13h40. No call. Wa...

N
10:19 am EST

MiWay Insurance - Geyser claim

I put in a claim in December 2021 as my geyser was faulty. On December 27th the plumber came, did a pressure valve replacement and I paid the plumber the R1000 excess. However I asked the plumber to check if there is anything else that he could note that would possibly have to be replaced soon. Now the thermostat and element in the Geyser has packed up and I have no hot water in my home as different plumbers were sent on January 27th 2022 and they will not replace until I pay another R1000 excess which I will not do as this is still a geyser related claim. A geyser consists of many components and if I have to pay R1000 excess every 4weeks I might as well buy a new geyser. The service I have now received from MI way is totally pathetic and I have made so many follow up calls as they are insisting on another R1000 excess.

Desired outcome: I want my geyser on working order without having to pay another R1000 excess

3:12 pm EST
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

MiWay - (SlyWay, LieWay, CryWay) Claim Number-C1437568 Never have in  my experience within the Financial Services Industry on an academic, practical, service provider and consumer, have I come across such blatant ignorance, disregard and every other connotation related to unethical service delivery from a customer service perspective. A claim on the our...

L
10:35 am EDT

MiWay Insurance - lies

I've been with miway for last 3 years thinking that I was covered only to find out that I was not . All the urgent I spoke to they're telling me different stories.
• There was no need for vehicle inspection because the vehicle was new.
• The car was not new it was bought second hand that but it was not inspected.
• The car was supposed to be inspected after the tracking device was fitted.
Which one of this stories is the correct one and why it took 3 years to be told this stories.

Desired outcome: Money back

11:25 pm EDT

MiWay Insurance - Roadside assistance

My car was towed to a far place from me even though I had specifically asked for it to be taken to vereeniging I'm not happy at all with the insurance how will I then access my car if it is that far I want my car back I even explained that I only have one vehicle which I use to take my kid to school now we are stuck at home I can't go to work my daughter can't even go to school

G
2:27 pm EDT

MiWay Insurance - Insurance Claim

Dear MiWay,

I am appalled by the terrible service that I have received from MiWay claims assessors. I have provided all the sufficient evidence that was asked of me only to receive unsatisfactory feedback after 2 months since claim has been registered, informing me that I did not report the incident within 30 days. This is not the case. Delay was on SAPS end and upon a court instruction by Magistrate was I able to engage and become aware of the incident on 26th April 2021.

Theft - Theft of keys case number: 1340042, Incident date 26 April 2021 and registered with MiWay Insurance on 13 May 2021. This is well within 30days.

Following this claim rejection notification, MiWay informs me that they want to cancel my insurance policy. So much for
Will NOT recommend MiWay Insurance to anyone.

Unhappy customer!

0860 64 64 64

Desired outcome: Claim was not approved

1 comment
May 05, 2022 4:38 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

i have query on my claim (claim reference number is: C1482246) i submitted claim on the 3 of April 2022 its been more than a month

there no feedback , i want to know the progress on my claim your service is very poor and also you are frustrating

i failed to understand you guys you never failed to deduct the premium in my account even this month the premium is going off as my claim not finalised

i m still waiting since 3 of April meaning i will wait until Dec you didn't care about my self as i lost the car, i m struggling with public transport and also is costing me

please put yourself in my shoes i m not sleeping well, your service is unfair to me.

Z
5:58 am EDT

MiWay Insurance - Car insurance

I received very bad service from Miway from Kgotso Mohale. I made a claim on the 9th and received no feedback until the 21st, my option did not cover towing and storage. I have been calling every working day from the 9th but even today I have not been assisted the only thing he did was to get a quotation from a towing company and said I should pay up the money before he could assist me. It took him 12 days to get back to me, even then he expected me to tell him how to do his job.

9:45 pm EDT

MiWay Insurance - Policy cancelled but Miway still debiting my account

This is now the fourth attempt I'm making to recover the funds Miway has debited from my account after I canceled the policy. The promises made are all in vain. The attached conversation has not been honoured.

The follow ups are also falling on death ears. The response below was never attended by Miway.

"Dear Thabi,

Thank you for requesting a call back. Your reference number is: "551530477".

One of our agents will contact you shortly to assist you with your query.

Generated on: 2021-05-28 12:16:41"

Desired outcome: Cancel the policy and pay back my money

4:00 pm EDT

MiWay Insurance - Claim

The car was approved to be fixed after the car has striped, they change the approval to written off. Can you please help me, why miway does not consult me before writing off my car and yet they don't give me a call, it's me who phone them. Is it fair to change the approval to writing off? I want them to fix my car with the first approval

Desired outcome: I need my car to be fixed

12:21 am EDT

MiWay Insurance - Home content claim

I had a home breaking a month ago. The assessor by the name of stephan share harassed the people in my residence. But before that he told me he's gonna help the people in struisbay, white people I guess I was not his priority since I was black. Damn I hate Miway for taking like m rubbish while I'm a paying client. I end up canceling my policy. [email protected] is my email address. I am not happy with ur customer or client services. I get put aside So that whites can be helped first. I had to sit with my kids asking for a TV etc I had to proceed asking for loan to replace the appliances because clearly I was never a priority. Keep ur insurance I don't need ur stephan share harassing my people after he treated me like my money was not important or like a second citizen cause of my colour

Desired outcome: Pay my claim

4:21 am EDT

MiWay Insurance - No Return Calls for update to policy

I have called in 7 times and left 5 call me backs with 5 operators as I need to make changes to my policy which should something happen, I will not be covered as my details with you are now incorrect.

this has also affected my premium as i wanted these changes done before the 1st of April and called between 25-31st March with no one to answer or help only to be told they are experiencing high call volumes.

I urgently need to update details on my policy so that should i need to claim i am within the correct parameters.

082 7788498

Desired outcome: Phone Call and re-look at previous debit order

E
4:17 am EST
MiWay Insurance has left an official reply on this complaint.

MiWay Insurance - Claim C1294427 that has now taken over a month going in to the 2nd month to be resolved

My son was in an accident on the 28th January 2021, today is the 8th Match 2021 and there is no indication that this claim has been resolved. Assessment was done on the car and it was wrong because when the car was towed to the panel beaters the found more things that needed to be fixed, first they said the car will be fixed then they said it is a write off and this all after i did all the follow ups. Since the accident i have been doing all the follow up's, MiWay does not get back to me. I have now called and email the lady handling my claim but she is not responding. Does it really take a month, going in to the 2nd month for a claim to be finalized? What more from my side do i need to do to get this claim resolved, I have already send the settlement letter 2 times. This is now stopping me to purchase a new car and causing a lot of aggravation. All this said and done MiWay is quick to send a new policy with a R700 increase. I do understand the working from home but i am also working from home and i also have deadlines to meet. PLEASE CAN SOME ONE GET BACK TO ME NOW ON WHEN THIS WILL BE SORTED OUT. I NEED TO MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE AND MAYBE MOVE TO A DIFFERENT INSURAR.

Desired outcome: This needs to be finalized today as i have now been patient long enough.

7:47 pm EST
MiWay Insurance has left an official reply on this complaint.

MiWay Insurance - Life insurance cancellation requests gone on deaf ears and money stolen from my account!

I have phoned the office over 4 times to cancel two of my policies that my husband and I took on the same day. They already debited our account even after requests have been emailed and telephonic requests to cancel policies MWL007574366 and MWL007574460, for Mrs Rebekah Rosanne Naidoo Dookharan and Christopher Dookharan.

These agents are idiots. They cut my calls and ignore my requests for cancellations and my money was stolen from our bank account! I want this reversed and refunded to our account! Immediately or I will get my lawyer to sue your'l!

Update by shannydookharan
Dec 02, 2020 7:54 pm EST

My email from [email protected] to them. No response aswel.

Update by shannydookharan
Dec 02, 2020 7:53 pm EST

Emails to cancel but no responses and monies was debited and needs to be reversed or refunded to us.

2:04 pm EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I must say that I am in total dismay right now regarding claim reference number: C1250628. On 9th October 2020 I received a call from one of your consultants who informed me that my claim has been approved and he will be sending me an email that has an authorization number and information of the Service Provider who will be fixing my tire rim. He also...

B
7:32 am EDT

MiWay Insurance - Poor service and claims processing

Poor Service from Miway. I still have a pending claims c1245356, I was told my comprehensive cover is not comprehensive and they dont deal with third part related claims by their legal team this morning!. I needed Miway to claim the damages from the third party (which have not denied any claims) and furnished with me with all their company details and insurance but miway say that they wont be able to assist with me that.
This such poor service that I have to constantly be calling for an update. Poor service!
Basically I have paid premiums for two full years for nothing...

Babalwa

G
9:00 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I've need trying to get my insurance canceled (policy #57413018) and they just simply are not available and if you leave them a request they simply just don't get back to you. In sort if you have insurance, you can't cancel it, they keep debiting your account even if there is no funds for them to take.

R
3:29 am EDT
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Good day. I cancelled my policy in the 20/03/20. It went smoother than I thought. I got confirmation of the vehicles being cancelled from their side. It's now the 2/04/20 and I have been debuted the full amount for the vehicles. I have tried to call 6 times this morn with voice mails coming my way and messages being left with no return call. Plz could some one help me out with this issues on 0728902798 Regards Rodrigo silva

MiWay Insurance contacts