Having problems with MiWay Insurance?

+27 860 076 764 (Emergency Assistance)
+27 119 900 000 (International)
8 Sterling Road, Samrand Business Park, Kosmosdal Ext 12
Postal Address
PostNet Suite №382, Private Bag X121, Halfway House, 1685

Complaints & Reviews

MiWay Insurance — Insurance

I've need trying to get my insurance canceled (policy #[protected]) and they just simply are not available and...

MiWay Insurance — insurance on my vehicles

Good day. I cancelled my policy in the 20/03/20. It went smoother than I thought. I got confirmation of the...

MiWay Insurancepoor customer assistance from ernest [protected]@miway.co.za

I requested my policy to be cancelled as MiWay has been charging me R50 every month for NO COVER! I email ernest requesting a cancelling letter confirming my request via email. NOT ONCE did he reply to my emailS, he tried calling but I stated in my email that I would like communication via email, when speaking to Ernest he advises me I can add a vehicle to my policy why would I want to add a vehicle when my request is for a cancellation??? I have been paying R50 every month this entire year and probably last year for NO COVER!

• MiWay Insurance's response · Nov 04, 2019

Please accept our sincere apology for not getting things right the first time around and for any inconvenience you have experienced – we assure you that this is not the MiWay way!

We have passed your note on to the right team and an agent will be in touch soonest to assist.

MiWay Insurancecar insurance

I decided to change to my way because their qoute was cheaper. The first premium was supposed to be debited on 1 October 2019. The payment was not debited. I have enough funds. I called again to query why the money was not debited because I was stressed about not being covered. I was assured that the matter would be resolved and the debit was not allowed. {I don't know why} they resubmitted the debit and it still didn't go through. I was told to wait 3 days. After 3 days I called and was told to wait 7 days. I then went on to call constantly at my expense during work hours to resolve the problem myself. I was told that my bank was at fault. So I wasted fuel and time going to the bank only to get told that outside debits orders cannot be resolved at my bank. I did not put out any stop orders or anything so I am baffled as to why my debits were not taken. I feel as though I was taken advantage of and made to cancel my old insurance for absolutely nothing. If my matter can't be resolved I would resort to canceling and going back to my old insurance and paying more to avoid wasting time and money on miway.

• MiWay Insurance's response · Nov 04, 2019

We have passed your feedback on to the right team and we assure you that it is never our intention to upset you in any way. Our team will get back to you with proper feedback and see how we can sort this out. In the meantime, please accept our apologies for the frustration and inconvenience you have experienced.

MiWay InsuranceLife cover

Good day,

I would like to cancel the life cover that I only saw the debit order without receiving any documents that I have to go through to see if I am happy with the premium and amount covered. We only did the telephonically call and I was promised the documents till now, I haven't received them but I was debited on the 25/08/2019 and I was never asked when will I like my debit order to go through. I don't even know my policy number, not sure if the beneficiaries I nominated are correctly captured. PLEASE no debit order should run this month.

Regards.
      AM Lejaha
      [protected]

• MiWay Insurance's response · Sep 03, 2019

Thank you for bringing this to our attention - we’re so sorry for any inconvenience that has resulted because of this. We have passed your note on to our team and someone will be in touch to assist you.

The MiWay Team

MiWay Insuranceno feedback on my excess a year and three months after accident

I was involved in an accident in 2018 where an individual drove into the back of my vehicle.

I paid the excess and the vehicle was repaired after back and forth with the repair company.

I am still waiting for my excess to be repaid to me after the claim was sorted I have emailed [protected]@miway.co.za and [protected]@miway.co.za and I am still waiting for feedback as NO ONE GETS BACK TO ME...
        Claim number C948045

• MiWay Insurance's response · Aug 28, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to write to us. We have passed your feedback and your details on to the right team. They will get to the bottom of what happened and get in touch with proper feedback. In the interim, we would like to apologise for any hassles you have experienced!

• Updated by Corle Botha · Dec 23, 2019

No resolution was found. On the 29th of August miway contacted me and repaid me 900rand towards my excess paid. I was informed that the matter was handed to their attorneys... Another 4 months later I am again waiting for feedback and my excess which is rightfully mine...

• MiWay Insurance's response · Dec 27, 2019

We're so sorry for keeping you waiting. We have passed your feedback and your details on to the right team and someone will be in touch with you ASAP!

Miway Home Insurance — claim profile

Good day My name is Dayna Appolis Saaiers and my policy number is [protected] this is not the first time I'm...

MiWay Insurancemyway client service who sold me this product

My claim number is :c1077905. I am not satified with the access which I must pay as I joined miway being under impression that miway is cheaper than my previous insurence. I requested the clip of my conversation with client service personnel when I joined the myway even now I have not received it. I specifically told him the reason why was paying high premium was the fact that my son is less than 25 years and my wife just got her license and I was told that with miway it is not the case, but to my surprise, I am now informed that I must pay r4000 because my son is under 25 years of age exactly what I have asked in my discussion with myway.

I not happy with the fact that I am going to pay much more than the insurance on my access aftre being mislead.

I have tried to take this matter with the supervisor of kwena people but still to day she never bothered to call me to understand what my concerns are. the below are what to be paid by each party from the miway. see below email from myway

Kindly note that excess amount is the first amount payable by your on any valid claim

-r3500 - std excess
          -r3000 single vehicle accident (including driving into an unoccupied vehicle)
          -r4000 when the vehicle is driven by a person under 25 years of age or who has had their license for less than 2 years or has a learners license, and is not the regular driver:

Total excess amount payable on this claim is r10500

Total repairing cost of damages is r19051.46

Insurance is going to pay r8551.46

MiWay Insurancepoor customer service

Hi
            I am a miway client and I feel really disappointed in the poor service I have been receiving the last 7 months. my wife (main driver) had an accident on the 28th of october 2018 when another car did not stop at a stop street and collided with her.
            The car was sent to a panelshop after we paid r5500 excess which I understand is to be claimer from the driver at fault. I sent all the pics and information to miway agent justin smith. I have sent him numerous emails asking what the status of my claim was but to no avail. my case nr is c1014442.
            The other driver in question, mr dambile ntlomo, is also a miway client and drives a renault sandero reg. cl 58552. can someone please assist as I am really not happy.

MiWay Insurance — roadside assistance

I'm really not happy about the poor service I received yesterday I called 3, 25pm and all my roadside...

MiWay Insurance — third-party repair and assessment by assessor

Miway client reversed into my vehicle on the 9 December 2018. I went to AlfaTrio panelbeater and got a quote...

MiWay Insurance — miway insurance suspended policy

Good day . I am a policy holder car insurance On 23rd - 24th of January my Husband requested a quote and...

MiWay Insurance — claim

The other guy bump my car at the back and now they said my car is writen Off, it is very difficult for my way...

Johannesburg

MiWay Insurance — poor service

I am so dissappointed that Miway do not value or try to retain loyal customers. I have been a loyal customer...

Johannesburg

MiWay Insurancecar insurance

Hi it's been 32 days since I had my accident and for some reason I still have not received my as the repairer has requested for additional funds from my insurer but miway is not stepping up and releasing these funds . I need a vehicle for my day to day use and have reached my my 30 day period on my car hire so you can imagine my frustration with not having a vehicle and also not knowing when my vehicle is going to be ready . This really is not great service it doesn't if come close to good .

• MiWay Insurance's response · Oct 10, 2018

Thank you for bringing this to our attention - we’re so sorry for any inconvenience that has resulted because of this. We have passed your note on to our claims team and an agent will be in touch to give you feedback.

MiWay Insurance — third party claim no c977034

Your client bumped my car on 26 June today after almost 3 months I am still waiting for you to pay out R3500...

MiWay Insurance — cancellation of life insurance policy

On the 5th of June 2018, I received a call from Patricia.She told me about all the terms and conditions of...

MiWay Insurance — canceling insurance

My car was bumbed into end January 2018, i gave all the info from the other party to miway, up to date i had...

MiWay Insuranceincompetent staff

My car was bumbed into Janaury 2018, which was not my fault, i sent all documentation of the other party to mi way, they expect me to pay the R4600 + excess, the damage on the vechile is not even R4600, had 2 calls from them in 4 months, just phone to cancel my insurance was told the senior supervisor will call back in 5min, after i hold the line for 10min, called back after 15min, hold on for 6min, spoke to a cocky supervisor who not let me finish a sentence, said he will cancel and put the phone down, now hope they understand June will be the last deduction from my account as your senior supervisor put down the phone, thuis is not mi way its your way, cocky arrogant staff, useless, always want things their way, hope they loose all their customers and close down...

MiWay Insurance — bad service

Hi all. Here is my policy number [protected] I started with miway insurance in 2015, I paid all my premiums on...