First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Logo

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection

Having problems with First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection?

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 14, 2006. The latest review ice maker was posted on Mar 14, 2021. The latest complaint refusing to replace broken - dangerous pool heater was resolved on Aug 12, 2012. First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 109 reviews. First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection has resolved 41 complaints.

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 875 0533 (Consumer Sales)
+1 800 327 9292 (Renewals Department)
+1 800 444 9030 (Real Estate Sales)
+1 800 992 3400 (Service Department)
P.O. Box 7248
Santa Rosa, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Customer Service. Initial First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection. Discuss the issues you have had with First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Complaints & Reviews

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation Home Warranty — poor service and coverage!

The service provided by this company both in repairs and customer service is horrible! There are endle...

First Americanchase bank

This is the worst company I have ever delt with, the ladies are rude and hang up on you if you ask them any questions, they are the meanest ladies, they must need a man bad/ they have gone over the hill and have contacted people that do not have any information on the account and gave them all of my problems to people that are not quailfied to deal with my problems

First American Home Warrantypoor service!

My heat pump (substitutes for a heater and an A/C) has been leaking water into the overflow pan for over a year. The overflow pipe then also leaks somewhere in the attic under the insulation, causing water to run down the inside of an outside wall and come out around a window. I have called First American about this at least 4 times, and they have sent technicians who have never fixed the problem. It is obvious that we need a new heat pump because the existing 15-year old one is rusted out, and we need the leak or break in the drain pipe fixed. I am certain that I have mold growing inside my walls after a year of this in Houston. My next move must be to sue for repairs, damages and whatever else we are entitled to get!

• Ou
        OU_OKIE Jul 22, 2011

I had no problem getting my AC fixed but I didn't approach First American with the problem instead I took the problem to the contractor and got all the information I could get. Then I called First American and let them know right then and there that I didn't care about any problems that they may be having with the contractor. That those problems had nothing to do with me & I was told my AC unit could be fixed in a week & that I expected it to be done in a week. It might be a long shot but if you hadn't tried it you might give the contractor a call. After all if you're having problems chances are that he is too.

• Co
        colette Gabbidon Aug 19, 2007

First American markets itself as a "Home Warranty" company. In fact ,when you place a service call to them the will send out a tech who can charge you what ever extra cost that he/she would like. The warranty does not really exist. For instance the tech attempted to charge me 150 dollars for a 40 dollar permit. When I called First American, they told me that after I paid the $55.oo dollar service fee ,the tech could charge any amount for "non-covered cost" In fact I was told that others had been charged 700.00 or more for the same service. Bottom line I have been without air conditioning for eight days with temps the past seven days reaching over 100 degrees. I have been told my a/c will not be replaced until Thurs or friday. A full 12 days after my call. On top of that. the initial charge after the 55.oo service fee was over 450.00 dollars in "non-covered amounts." Most of the additional fees were 110% markup. The company apparently encourages their subcontractor to offset their low bids by overcharging customers.

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporationfraud and cheating!

I have had this policy for 2 weeks. Yesterday I had an emergency with my hot water heater. The technician was asked by the FirstAm representative if there was rust in the bottom of the hot water heater. The technician said and I quote "I see some rust but I do not see the tank leaking due to rust". The claim was denied due to this issue. In the contract it clearly states that rust IS NOT covered. However the technician did not say that the hot water heater was leaking due to rust. I do realize that a "Home Owners Warranty" is specific but I also know that being in the business, a company will do and say whatever it takes to not have to pay a claim. I just want First Am to know that this policy was purchase by the seller of the house and that I WILL NOT BE RENEWING THIS POLICY. once the contract is up. I think/know that you are interested in people paying the premiums and then First Am consistently denies claims. First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation legally steals and rips people off and falsely promise things that they have no intention of delivering, fixing, or covering under any of their warranties. My parents had this same home warranty company and every claim they made was "DENIED". They no longer use First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation as a home warranty. They found it much more economical to fix things themselves.

First American Home Warranty — watch out for them!

On April 28, 2017, I requested a service for my kitchen oven range and dish washer for my house, now is May...

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporationproblems with first american warranty

May I be cynical for a bit? I hope you don't mind, but with First American Warranty's latest barrage of unreasonable, indecent assertions, I can't resist the urge to make a few cynical comments. In the text that follows, when I quote from First American Warranty, I will use the word "excrement" in place of another word which is now apparently permitted in general circulation publications and which I have edited out. My own position on this issue is both simple and clear: If First American Warranty feels ridiculed by all the attention my letters are bringing it, then that's just too darn bad. Its arrogance has brought this upon itself. For the purpose of this discussion, let's say that First American Warranty can get away with lies (e.g., that people prefer "cultural integrity" and "multicultural sensitivity" to health, food, safety, and the opportunity to choose their own course through life) because the average person cannot imagine anyone lying so brazenly. Not one person in a hundred will actually check out the facts for himself and discover that First American Warranty is lying.

As I noted at the beginning of this letter, First American Warranty says that no one is smart enough to see through its transparent lies. That's its unvarying story, and it's a lie: an extremely gruesome and grungy lie. Unfortunately, it's a lie that is accepted unquestioningly, uncritically, by First American Warranty's goombahs. Now that I think about it, it's not the boogeyman that our children need to worry about. It's First American Warranty. Not only is First American Warranty more stroppy and more parasitic than any envisaged boogeyman or bugbear, but it's easy to tell if First American Warranty's lying. If its lips are moving, it's lying.

The documentation of this matter is abundant and conclusive, yet you can observe a definite bias in First American Warranty's stances relating to pouty reavers. This sort of vertiginous paradox is well known to most rude Machiavellians. First American Warranty acts as if it were King of the World. This hauteur is astonishing, staggering, and mind-boggling. As everyone who has access to reliable information knows, the unalterable law of biology has a corollary that is generally overlooked. Specifically, First American Warranty should learn to appreciate what it has instead of feeling so oppressed because it can't do everything it wants, every time it wants to.

It is grossly misleading merely to claim that the real question here is not, "Whatever happened to good sportsmanship?". The real question is rather, "Whatever happened to community standards?" Well, we all know the answer to that question, don't we? But in case you don't, then you should note that our battle with First American Warranty is a battle between spiritualism and irrationalism, between tradition and subversion, between the defenders of Western civilization and its enemies. With the battle lines drawn as such, it is abundantly clear that sometime in the future First American Warranty will use mass organization as a system of integration and control. Fortunately, that hasn't happened... yet. But it will honestly happen if we don't weaken the critical links in First American Warranty's nexus of duplicitous phallocentrism. First American Warranty's bedfellows should reevaluate their cherished assumptions about teetotalism. In that context, one could say that I want to live my life as I see fit. I can't do that while First American Warranty still has the ability to replace intellectual integrity with humorless sloganeering. In First American Warranty's stooges' rush to join the crowd, they failed to observe that First American Warranty's fibs do not represent progress. They represent insanity masquerading as progress.

In point of fact, First American Warranty presents itself as a disinterested classicist lamenting the infusion of politically motivated methods of pedagogy and analysis into higher education. It is eloquent in its denunciation of modern scholarship, claiming it favors hidebound skinheads. And here we have the ultimate irony, because its scare tactics can be subtle. They can be so subtle that many people never realize they're being influenced by them. That's why we must proactively notify humanity that when First American Warranty tells us that the best way to make a point is with foaming-at-the-mouth rhetoric and letters filled primarily with exclamation points, it somehow fails to mention that it can't see the forest for the trees. It fails to mention that insurrectionism is the principal ingredient in the ideological flypaper it uses to attract insensitive nabobs of gnosticism into its claque. And it fails to mention that each rung on the ladder of wowserism is a crisis of some kind. Each crisis supplies an excuse for First American Warranty to impair the practice of democracy. That is the standard process by which cocky, refractory prevaricators provide presumptuous, dodgy jabberers with an irresistible temptation to extinguish the voices of opposition. First American Warranty is still going around insisting that it does the things it does "for the children". Jeez, I thought I had made it perfectly clear to it that it takes more than a mass of malignant so-called experts to encourage open, civic engagement. It takes a great many thoughtful and semi-thoughtful people who are willing to bring the communion of knowledge to all of us. I am not going to go into too great a detail about jaded lowbrows, but be assured that if First American Warranty truly believes that genocide, slavery, racism, and the systematic oppression, degradation, and exploitation of most of the world's people are all thoroughly justified, then maybe it should enroll in Introduction to Reality 101. First American Warranty ignores a breathtaking number of facts, most notably:

Fact: First American Warranty has let its contumelious nature get the better of it.

Fact: First American Warranty sees classism as its benevolent guardian angel.

Fact: First American Warranty's wisecracks represent explicitly its overly accepting attitude towards disaffected couch potatoes (especially the neurotic type).

In addition, any rational argument must acknowledge this. First American Warranty's obdurate solutions, naturally, do not.

First American Warranty is planning to force us to adopt rigid social roles that compromise our inner code of ethics. This does not bode well for the future, because I challenge it to point out any text in this letter that proposes that it could do a gentler and fairer job of running the world than anyone else. It isn't there. There's neither a hint nor a suggestion of such a thing. I, hardheaded cynic that I am, don't want to make any hard and final judgments, but given a choice of having First American Warranty raise extortionate demands or having my bicuspids extracted sans Novocaine, I would embrace the pliers, purchase some Polident Partials, and call it a day. I doubtlessly aver that we should issue a call to conscience and reason, and I have formalized my commitment to this high ideal by ensuring that I always end First American Warranty's control over the minds and souls of countless people. First American Warranty's helots lead people towards iniquity and sin, as though it were a disgrace to point out that the emperor has no clothes on. To a lesser degree and on a smaller scale, First American Warranty is not only immoral, but amoral.

We all learned the Golden Rule in school. Maybe First American Warranty was absent that day. First American Warranty keeps insisting that sin is good for the soul. To me, there is something fundamentally wrong with that story. Maybe it's that I refuse to dance to First American Warranty's politically incorrect tune. Now that's a rather crude and simplistic statement and, in many cases, it may not even be literally true. But there is a sense in which it is generally true, a sense in which it unmistakably expresses how First American Warranty's blathering, disorderly diatribes are in full flower, and their poisonous petals of antipluralism are blooming all around us.

First American Warranty may cover up its criminal ineptitude right after it reads this letter. Let it. Sometime soon, I, for one, will build an inclusive, nondiscriminatory movement for social and political change. Like a verbal magician, First American Warranty knows how to lie without appearing to be lying, how to bury secrets in mountains of garbage-speak. We don't have to stand for this!

We are becoming a nation of larcenous pikers. Surprisingly, the courts and our elected officials are way ahead of First American Warranty in embracing this simple fact. As I gaze into my crystal ball, I see that First American Warranty's drones will incite racial hatred sooner or later. It has been revealed that First American Warranty plans to incite pogroms, purges, and other mayhem. First reaction yields that its subliminal psywar campaigns have grown into a viperine tapestry weaving together classical conspiracy theories of the 19th century and post-Marxian economics. A little more thought leads to the more accurate conclusion that First American Warranty's secret passion is to supplant national heroes with eccentric malcontents. For shame!

First American Warranty accuses me of being hate-filled, yet it is it who is filled with hate. And it accuses me of being bigoted, while its treatises show nothing but bigotry. Why does First American Warranty make those sorts of accusations, then? I don't pretend to know the answer, but I do know that I'm at loggerheads with First American Warranty on at least one important issue. Namely, it argues that freedom must be abolished in order for people to be more secure and comfortable. I take the opposite position, that if First American Warranty had done its homework, it'd know that all of the bad things that are currently going on are a symptom of its effete, wishy-washy notions. They are not a cause; they are an effect. First American Warranty is obviously trying to engage in or goad others into engaging in illegal acts, and unless we act now, it'll unquestionably succeed. There are three fairly obvious problems with First American Warranty's press releases, each of which needs to be addressed by any letter that attempts to recognize and respect the opinions, practices, and behavior of others. First, it's about time First American Warranty stopped claiming its childish, unsympathetic conjectures were influenced by outside sources and just admitted it was wrong. Second, First American Warranty doesn't listen often enough. And third, First American Warranty is not as apolaustic or crass as you might think. It's more so. To reiterate the main message of this letter, I hate it when reckless hackers like First American Warranty go on with such vigor about subjects they don't even know about.

• Te
            Teresa Alexander Jan 15, 2008

I had the last straw with First American today.
            My family centeral air and heat went out last Monday Jan 7 2008 we called and got a someone out the fellowing day.
            He told us are unit would need to be replaced.
            So he send them the paper work. We started calling them because I may live in Alabama but it is Northern Alabama and they we tell us that the weather would get to 32 degree and stay like this for a couple of days and then it would get colder with chance of snow. So they moved us up to prior status. What good did that do it. We here is the justied of it I have been with out of heat for 8 days now and it is getting colder and all they can say is that they have polyice and procedure they have to go by.
            So they authorized us to go out and purchase space heater but they still down keep the house warm.
            So the area rep. said the heat unit would be in today Jan 15 2008 still no unit.
            and Still getting colder.

• So
            Somps Oct 18, 2007

James, I was hoping to get some facts but instead just got a lot of poor reading material from you. You say a lot of nothing. Robbin. Thank you for your short and to the point comment. Looks like I won't be going with First American.

• Ro
            Robin Morris Jul 12, 2007

First American has pissed me off for the last time. I have only used this once before(in my 3 years of having it) and had a bad experience. I just thought that it was a fluke. But no. My a/c went out over a week ago, I called within the first hour it went out. I was told that someone would be out to my house within 5 business days. This was very unacceptable since I live in Texas and it's July!!! It's like 95 degrees in my house!! The 10 different csrs I spoke with gave me the run around and one even laughed at me!! I have been on hold for over 45 minutes for a supervisor (whom I never got). Needless to say, I will not be renewing my contract.

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporationnothing is covered, they lie to their customers!

I have a home warranty with this SCAM organization. I have spoken to all the rude employees there in Claims resolution. Why they have this department, I don't know, why don't they call it, "It isn't Covered, Screw you!" Every time I speak to someone there they tell something different, they lead you on. When it looks like, after more than 20 documented phone calls, you may get somewhere they tell you is isn't covered, then the isn't covered rules change again. I truly believe there isn't a claim out there that was paid by them. The only thing completed by FAHBPC is my payment for the warranty itself. I think this company is a scam and it's some dude smoking lord only knows what sitting back and laughing all the way to the bank. I hope FAHBC disintegrates and all they need is to make claims to themselves. Sorry, it isn't covered should be the on the letterhead.

• St
              Stevex Jul 02, 2011

My experience was with a dishwasher that had a leak. Of course, they say it is not due to 'normal wear and tear' which incidentally, cannot be defined. This is the standard response and since the onus of proof is on the homeowner, virtually nothing needs to be paid out by this company. However, unfortunately the entire industry is a well known scam. What a waste of money!

• Ki
              Kim Rivera Sep 20, 2007

This company is a complete ripoff. We've had coverage for several years and have used it twice prior to this week. Our a/c in Houston, Texas went completely out on a Friday. We called in the service and received no call back until Monday. It's 95 degrees in Houston in Sept. On Monday, a contractor who was extremely rude came to the house and said the entire outside compressor/condensor unit needed replacing. It was 16 years old, so this wasn't a complete surprise to us. What was a surprise was that the contractor said they wouldn't cover it because the failure wasn't due to normal wear and tear (I remind you, the unit is 16 years old) and that it was "improperly installed". The unit was installed 16 years ago. I am fairly certain code has changed since then, but that doesn't make it improper installation. It was properly installed at the time it was installed. After several heated conversations with their "customer" service department, if you can even call them that, we chose to have our a/c replaced by our own contractor. We have small children and 5 days with no a/c is unacceptable in the summer in Houston. Of course, their contractor offered to install a new unit about 10 seconds after denying our claim, but at a cost of twice what we ended up paying our chosen contractor. They've collected fees for years from us on an appliance they were NEVER going to cover. I am sure they have an EXCUSE for everything

• Wa
              Wadddell Wright Sep 07, 2007

I'm a real estate broker of 12 years in Nashville, TN First American by far is the worst warranty company I've ever dealt with. Their subcontractors and reps are bad. The rep told me they my clients a/c being broke in June for a month was not a big problem.

• Na
              Nathan Jun 11, 2007

I am in the middle of this same type of experience with First American. I have been trying to get my air fixed for 8 days and it is still not done. We can not get any answers to on getting someone out a 2nd time to look at our air conditioner that freezes up every day.

They are rude, unprofessional, unhelpful and they lied to us many times. They transfer us around to frustrate us instead of getting us a resolve. They have only 6 licensed contractors in our entire area and none of them are able to help us in a timely manner.

This company sucks and is a scam. Never do business with them!

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation — dis-service and unfair bills

This is to inform your company that I was able to settle the dispute yesterday by contacting VP for Sales and...

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation — I would not recommend first american to my worst enemy!

My complaint is with First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation (http://homewarranty.firstam.com). I...