OnePlan Insurance Logo

OnePlan Insurance

Having problems with OnePlan Insurance?

+27 100 010 141 (Customer Service)
54 Maxwell Drive, Woodmead North Office Park
SatClosed
SunClosed

Complaints & Reviews

Authorization cancelled

Mi wife was taken to casualty at hospital after an illness being in bed for three consecutive days complain of a severe pain in her chest. As it was in the time of lockdown we were not able to get access to our physician .On the third day she complained of the pain getting worse and by now she was so sick she could hardly get out of bed.
I phoned Oneplan to try get authorization before getting her to hospital but was informed that the hospital will have to do that taking in consideration her symptoms and condition. As I am not a doctor but was worried about her condition not knowing if it could be a life threatening condition I took her to hospital. I gave the hospital the Oneplan no, as I could not go in myself due to covid conditions. I can not see that the doctor in the casualty department would have seen it fit to do an ECG and other pathological tests should he also not expect a severe condition could be underlying due to her symptoms at the time.
Now looking at my claim history, I cannot see this is not covered should the time arise for an emergency illness treatment being rejected. I would also like to know if authorization was given to the hospital and if not why did they then carry on with the tests with the risk of not getting paid if they, as medical professionals don't see it being deemed necessary considering the symptoms on that time
If the wrong medication was subscribed for the illness, I as a client could not be held liable for that as that must be the doctor being at fault.

[Resolved] car insurance

Please provide as much information as possible...

i cancelled my car insurance with one plan and they confirmed that it was cancelled and there will be no debit order that will go through but that was all a lie because there is an unauthorized debit order from one plan on my account for r409.71.. they have caused so much inconvenience and they are very unprofessional. what one plan did is fraud because I had mentioned to them that i already have a car and i cannot have two but in their desperation to sign new clients they they proceed to debit without any agreement. I want my money back urgently
2019 August 31

• OnePlan Insurance's response · Oct 10, 2019

Good day Sannie,

We're truly sorry for what has transpired.

In order for us to have this issue resolved, we will require you to email [email protected] with your relevant policy details and within the subject line, state "Complaints Board"

Awaiting your email in this regards

Kind regards
    The Oneplan Team

[Resolved] authorised claim for pet not paid

Obtained Authorisation from One Pet Insurance, send Claim forms and Claim has not been paid to "exclusions" not noted in Policy. Consultants very unhelpful with a" take it or leave it "attitude I have send an e mail for cancellation today after paying this policy for 2 and a half years - VERY UNHAPPY AND DISSATISFIED WITH One Pet Insurance

Good day,

We're truly sorry to hear about the service you've received.

Kindly email [email protected] with your ID/policy number included & within the subject line of the email, state "Complaints Board" so we may investigate the matter further regarding your claim.

[Resolved] deductions after cancellation

I joined the OnePlan Health Insurance with a hosptial plan option specifically the Elite Hospital Planand the policy number was [protected]. It was for my daughter and myself. This started around Feb / March 2014. I was then given a full tiem contract at the University that i teach with one of the benefits being a family medical scheme paid for by the institution. On the 23 July 2014 i notified the agent who had signed me up a Mr. Luvuyo Mhlongo about this and that unfortiunately I would have to cancel my Policy since they were not one of the preferred providers than the institution deals with. He responded by saying that I needed to contact the cancellation section on the email address : [protected]@onegrp.co.za

I did so on the 24 July 2015. I have just discovered that they have been deducting money from my account ever since and have not terminated my policy despite me having made clear that I wanted to cancel and that i have joined another Health Insurance namely Discovery. I have mailed them and they choose not to reply.

deductions after cancellation

Hi there,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for what has transpired regarding your cancellation.

We would like to look further into the matter regarding why your policy was not cancelled as requested however, we will require your policy details.

Kindly email [email protected] with your ID/policy number included & within the subject line of the email, state " Complaints Board" so we may assist further in this regard.

[Resolved] no feedback very poor customer service

Oneplan medical aid took double debit order from my account after I cancelled it in November 2012. I've been fighting to get my money back !!! After how many mails and phone calls not a single feedback or reply!!! Different story every single time.Managers not responding or out all the time or bussy on another call or they can't find him / her wil take my number and they wil phone me back I have heard a hundred times before!!!no respond to mails so I went to hello peter site and place them there.I'm tired and spend a lot of time on calls and enough money now! I need help...Noktule is the lady in charge of the complaints dep there but I'm stil waiting for her call as to when I can get my money back! Spoke to Danie Fourie, Zama, Thembi, terrance all saying the same thing over and over we wil phone you back today ...bla bla bla! Is this customer service???? I'm tired and frustrated, and don't know if I should rather take it to the newspapers.

Angry and very unhappy
Mr Wayne de beer

Hi there,

Your review on the experience you've had with us is truly concerning & we'd like to investigate the matter.

However, we will require you to email [email protected] with your ID/policy number included & within the subject line of the email, state " Complaints Board".

Kindly email us in this regard so we may assist further.

[Resolved] no card issued after 3 months

I have joined one plan medical on 17 September. By 10 October I have not received my medical cards. I have phoned and informed them that I am moving and that they need to send my cards to an alternative address. End of October I phone and they informed me that the cards have been sent. 3 weeks later I phone and they told me that cards was sent on Monday. 2 Weeks later I phoned again and again the cards was sent on the Monday. Today I phone to be informed that the cards was sent on 17 October to my old address and no change of address was done on the system. No new cards have been issued or posted as I was told the previous 2 times I phoned. I will have to go on Holiday without medical insurance cards in my pocket and will have to pay all medical cost and claim back from them. The best they can do is request new cards and send them to my new address but that will take between 4 to 6 weeks and with it being December more likely 8 weeks. Not even a new credit cards takes that long to be issued. This is the worst service I have ever received from any medical company and clearly you get what you pay for - they are low cost and therefore cannot afford quality service. Will have to move again in 2012

Good day,

We're truly sorry to hear about the experience you've had with us regarding your Onecard delivery.

We would like to assist further however, we will require your ID/policy number to be emailed to [email protected] & within the subject line of the email, state "Complaints Board".

Do email us the requested information.

• Rh
    rhooper Jan 26, 2012

I applied for the medical aid in October 2011 - to this date being 26th January 2012 no card has been issued!!
    have sent 3 requests for assistance to no avail!!! I am actually becoming very worried that I should not have joined this medical aid.
    I have read a number of complaints on HELLO PETER and wonder if I should count my losses now and just cancel this policy!!!
    richard hooper - policy number : 100285083

• On
    Oneplan Insurance Jul 15, 2019

@rhooper Hi there Richard,

We're sorry for the inconvenience which was caused due to late delivery of your Onecard.

After further review of your policy, we have come across that it is cancelled.

[Resolved] not authorizing my sons operation

This is only one of many problems i have encountered with OnePlan. My son is 3 years old and has over all...

[Resolved] complaint of service

Fristly, I get turned away from a hospital because according to one plan, my medical insurance has been...