Having problems with SafeCo?

SafeCo Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 458 2246 (Online Account Help)
+1 877 762 3101 (Roadside Assistance)
P.O. Box 10002
Manchester, New Hampshire
United States - 03108-0002
Overnight Shipping Address
100 Liberty Way, Dover, NH 03820

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with SafeCo Customer Service. Initial SafeCo complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for SafeCo above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about SafeCo. Discuss the issues you have had with SafeCo and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

SafeCoHomeowner Insurance

Claim # [protected]-01: Matt Stargell was the claim representative. I find it rather curious...that he is no longer with the company since my complaint. Matt DID NOT respond when I had a question about my claim. Supervisor Anthony Burke got involved & send me a very NASTY email telling me my vandalism claim was overly generous ...& actually, I would have to pay a deductible for each individual hole in the walls! The property sustained over $40k in vandalism from the tenants. Some work done would not fall under the vandalism HOWEVER...several damages that were NOT paid...were justified by ...well...we weren't there so we don't know for sure what the 'intent' was. It was ...crystal clear...the home was vandalized. In the spirit of the assessment, & any ordinary person viewing such, would conclude the ...'intent' behind the damages. I feel that the claim was rather lean. I was only asking for ..ONE...item to be covered ...that was excluded on the aforementioned basis. Several pictures & videos were supplied to agent. Police reports were made including officers present on property within the prior year, who found the property undamaged.

SafeCoReimbursement check

Over the last 2 months I had cancelled the insurance with Safeco for my motorcycle. They've informed that I would've be reimbursed once I confirmed the insurance cancellation. I've done everything right and Safeco keeps saying they will send me the reimbursement check by mail, which I never got. Everytime Safeco says they will send a new check and it just never happens. I've given them the solution - why they don't simply make a wire or bank deposit? Safeco have refused to do that.
    I completly lost any trust on this insurance company and I will make sure to let other knows about it. Be careful, they may do the same to you. I just want to get my reimbursement check of more the $400 dollars. All the excuses are beyond ridiculous.

SafeCocar insurance

They jacked my rates. I called and took higher deductibles to lower my cost. The agent has notes she took and a recorded call but she never did the actual paperwork. I found insurance cheaper and called one day after paying and asked if I would get refunded should I cancel and go with another insurance company. They said yes, so I paid a premium with another company. When I got the refund it was half of what I paid. Turns out the agent never completed the paperwork that she took notes to do...I lost money because of that. And because I cancelled they blew it off. I am a senior citizen on a fixed income. I would have waited another month and changed then if they were honest. They kept telling me the refund check would be in the bank by a certain day. The day came and went. I called and they said they decided that because I cancelled the lower price I was quoted didn't need to be honored and therefore kept the money I was supposed to be saving. As I mentioned I am a senior citizen. They were charging me $75 a month for liability. 26 years without an accident or traffic violation and I drive less than 5000 miles a year.

SafeCo Insurance Companyinsurance

I purchased a homeowners policy for $2200 a year in Wyoming and I started renting it out not knowing I need a different policy that was only $900 a year. My house burned down and they denied any kind of claim. They found a loop hole to not pay even tho the policy I should have had was less than half the cost. Zero payment for anything not even a refund for the worthless policy.

SafeCo Insurance Companyclaim denial based on "independent agent" information

I was recently denied a claim to my RV trailer based on the information received from their "independent" estimator. The estimator never arranged a timeframe for me to meet with them and after contacting their company (Liberty Mutual) they stated that they couldn't disclose any of their information and that I would have to discuss directly with my Claim agent. I left multiple phone messages without a callback so I contacted my Insurance Agent and he escalated to her Manager. I received an email days later stating that they were still reviewing my claim. In the meantime, the RV company that I had taken it to for an estimate called me and stated that Safeco had dispatched a local salvage company to come and pick up the trailer!!! Cannot believe the irresponsibility of this company.
          I have finally retrieved my RV and am working with my Agent to drop Safeco immediately and receive a refund of my money.
          They will never get another penny of mine and I will continually warn my network of family & friends regarding the poor quality of service & insurance that Safeco provides.

SafeCo Insurance Companyauto insurance

This company lies and committed fraud! I was with them for almost a year, always paid extra, always paid on time. My bill was only $95.00 a month. My bf (now husband) moved in with me. His insurance cost a LOT. I told him I only paid $95.00 and said he should be on my policy. I called Safeco to get a quote. They told me my bill would only be $135.00 a month.

They also told me I had an account credit for paying early and paying extra every month. They told me my bill would be covered for a month, I wouldn't have to pay until 2 months later. When I paid my bill would only be $135.00 . Okay cool.

NOT EVEN A MONTH LATER probably 2 weeks later I get a bill in the mail. THIS BILL IS FOR OVER 1, 000.00 I BELIEVE IT WAS AROUND 1, 250.00!!! I WAS IN SHOCK. I called them and said it was all a mistake. I wanted to pay for my policy monthly not all at once, it's only supposed to cost $135.00 . They told me there was no mistake. That total was for one month! I argued back and fourth that I dont want my policy any more, they lied about how much it cost.

Who would pay 1, 200.00 a month for just liability insurance? This wasn't even full coverage! My insurance was $95.00 a month. My boyfriend was on his family's policy, he had full coverage and was paying $175.00 per month. How does that equal out to liability costing $1200.00. I asked them that over and over! They hung up on me and refused to cancel until I had new proof of coverage. I got new insurance within 30 minutes, called them back, and I canceled it. My bill wasn't even due yet.

I now have a collections report on my credit history from them for this bill. Who in the right mind would pay over 1, 000.00 a month on a 1992 Camry, and a 2004 Toyota matrix, both paid off, JUST LIABILITY?

They wont remove this off my report and I am never paying. They lowered my total to $950.00 or a little more. I will never pay that for 2 weeks of insurance I shouldnt owe, and was lied to about. DO NOT USE SAFECO.

I now have a 2017 Jetta leased, and 2014 camaro financed, I pay $230.00 a month full coverage, both me and my husband. NOT WITH SAFECO.

SafeCo Insurance Companysafeco insurance

I was hit by a drunk driver insured by Safeco on March 22, 2019. Safeco has been horrible to deal with. I would never buy insurance from them or tell anyone to do so. Their rep handling my claim treated me like I was the drunk driver. She was rude and threatened me on one call we had even after she was instructed not to call me and was told to talk with my lawyer.

All in all so far it has been very bad. I don't expect it to change and they do not want to pay any claims. We will see how it shoes out but I am ready to go all the way and go to trial if I must

SafeCo Insurance Companyhomeowners insurance

My house was broken into and the criminals flooded my bathroom and ruined the floor in my den as well as burglarizing my home. The "adjuster" (and I use the term loosely) came to my home unprepared with no tools or documents. She took a few pictures with her cell phone and later determined that the water damage was not caused by the flooded bathroom. I had taken pictures after the incident that clearly showed the damage to the bathroom and den. I submitted the police report, pictures, and list of stolen items to Safeco. They denied the claim on the floor and wanted more detail on the stolen items. It wasn't worth dealing with them anymore because I knew their adjuster would low-ball me under my deductible and I wouldn't receive anything. Needless to say, I am no longer doing business with Safeco.

Jan 08, 2019

SafeCo Insurance Company — auto

Feb 2018 I struck by an insured (Safeco / Liberty Mutual insurance), a driver on his last dr license point...

SafeCo Insurance Company — disorganized, rude and ignorant sharon parker

On 7/13/18 a customer of SAFECO hit our car causing the whole back bumper to hang off, Only connected on the...

SafeCo Insurance CompanyI put 142 on my card at walmart in barnwell sc at 13:30 today 10/12/2017

on 10/27/2017 I made a deposit of 142.00 on my green dot moneypack card with the card number being [protected] experaction date 07/21 and the sercuity code is 063 at walmart store in Barnwell SC 29812 at 13:30 I tired to pay my insurance bill, online and my card was decline my insurance payment was 144.20 they said it wasn't enough. I made another deposit to my GreenDot moneypack card of $20.00 10/12/2017 at 15:27 I called my insurance people back and they said my card was still being decline. So I called [protected] to get my balance which should of been $163.05 in stead it was $117.05. a extra $43.00 was taken off my card. I would like a refund sent to me in a check of $43.00 this all accuared today.

SafeCo Insurance — automobile insurance

On 7/29/2017 I was involved in a fender bender in the parking lot of a community center in Vancouver, WA. A...

SafeCo Insurance Companyhomeowners insurance

I sold a property in Aug 2007 and canceled the Safeco homeowners's policy with my agent in Seattle. The policy was not canceled and the company continued to sneak money out of my bank account every year (it was under $200 so I did not notice and it wasn't flagged by my bank).

I do not know the local Safeco agent so I don't know how she has continued a policy for me for 10 years or expected a cancellation. I have never received a bill, email or any communication (and they clearly have my email address) from Safeco or the agent in the 10 years that the company has been taking money out of my bank account without approval or permission.

This is fraud, plain and simple. I expect them to provide a full refund WITH INTEREST on all 10 years of unauthorized bank deductions, a written apology and confirmation that all my bank information and details have been completely deleted from Safeco systems. My bank has instructions to prevent any future charges from this fraudulent company.

Safeco is refusing to admit any wrongdoing, doesn't want to give back the premiums with interest or even send it to the right address (my current address). This is an incredibly unethical and fraudulent company. They keep bank account information beyond the end of policies and I'm pretty sure that is against the law.

Policy Number: OX5703261

• Cu
                        Customer1111678 May 11, 2017

I will NEVER have Safeco Insurance again. My homeowner adjuster Ashley Lipko strong armed me into using one of HER preferred contractors. They screwed the whole job up! The adjuster never returned my calls, the worst customer service I have ever had!! She doesn't care, she doesn't need to be in the customer service industry. I will file a insurance commissioner complaint with the state of TN.

Susan Herzke

Safeco Home Owners Insurance — roof

They came out and made an appraisal to replace my roof. The insurance adjuster told me that my deductible wa...

SafeCo Insurance — improper handling of a vehicle claim

Safeco needs to stop playing games, take 100% responsibility, and fix my car. I loaned my son my car to pick...

SafeCo Insurance Companyterrible service

My home was burgarlized and had several high items stolen. When I filed the complaint with Safeco, they gave me a confusing spread sheet of what my items were valued at and then what the depreciation value was. I received a check of a $1.83 from them. I had to pay for the items out of pocket and they decided what the value was, despite the fact that I provided them receipts. A laptop that I paid $439, they pad me $301. I replaced an Ipad mini and paid $247. When they received the receipt, they said they did not owe me any other money, because as they put it, "They paid me upfront", even though I never received any money, other than the $1.83 (Yes, that is ONE dollar and 83 cents). They are a deceitful company and they don't care about their clients. PLEASE do not ever use them.

SafeCohome damage

on april 9th I had a leak in my house, plumber had to tear out my tile in my bathroom and kitchen wall to find the leak my hall carpet and living room carpet was ruined, I am on concrete floor I had 2 estimates over 10, 000 dollars submitted claim to Safeco and to this day they have not paid said they would only pay 262 dollars after my 1209 deductible, this insurance is very crooked, I am very tired of dealing with these people,

SafeCo Insurance Companyrefusal to adjust claim

On the evening of 12/11/2012, the occupant of the condominium unit above mine began filling the bathtub and then either fell asleep or forgot about it for an hour or more. There is no overflow drain or valve on the bathtub. Water (many gallons of it) overflowed from the bathtub and cascaded down into my unit, soaking the ceiling, walls and floors, and damaging my personal property. I slipped and fell on the pooled water before I knew what had happened. The owner of the condominium above mine has Safeco Insurance. The claim was reported to Safeco the next day (12/12/2012) and calls were made to Safeco BEGGING for an adjuster to come out and inspect the unit and begin the clean-up process. Safeco ignored the multiple calls until we requested assistance from the Insurance Commissioner. Even then, although the claim was reported on 12/12/2012, it was 12/31/2012 before a Safeco adjuster came to inspect the damage. It is now 1/9/2013 (28 days later) and we have yet to hear from Safeco as to how they plan to address the issue of the needed repairs, i. e., replacement of moldy drywall and flooring, and replacement of damaged carpet and ruined personal property, etc.

SafeCo — lying, deceitful claims process

Stay away stay away stay away!!! I don't know what kind of shady gig the [censored]s at safeco are running, but...

Safeco Insurance Company of Americado a favor on you and just avoid safeco

Summary - I have contracted with a moving company G.P.S. Movers for my interstate move from Harrisburg, PA to San Marcos, CA. As per the quote, I have made initial deposit payment. My household goods was picked up by another moving company United Movers on 08/21/2011. After this day till now I am struggling to get hold of the moving company and hence my goods.

After waiting for the Federal stipulated 21 business day period, I declared this as theft and filed claim with Safeco. Simultaneously, I have filed the complaints with BBB, Attorney general of California, US departments Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) etc. All the complaints along with responses were carefully documented and forwarded to Safeco. The documentation also includes records of my multiple attempts to contact the mover to get hold of my belongings without any success.

Claim with Safeco was filed on 09/10/2011. I keep on receiving additional documentation requests from Pamela, claim adjustor, which I fulfilled on time to time basis. Now after waiting for 2 months post filing, Safeco has declined my claim. I would like to know the proofs Safeco has collected before declining my claim. It has been 3 months now that I don't have my furniture and household belongings and there is no guarantee that I will get them in near future. Being a family person and with a 3 year old kid, life is quite difficult without any and all the household stuff.

Do a favor on you and just avoid Safeco...there are other good brands available in insurance space.

• Sh
                                Shelly K. May 12, 2014

SafeCo is using some hazy math to total my husband's completely repairable vehicle. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY and PRAY YOU DO NOT GET HIT BY ONE OF THEIR POLICY HOLDERS.