Founders Insurance Logo

Founders Insurance

Having problems with Founders Insurance?

Founders Insurance reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 18, 2007. The latest review Claim was posted on Mar 18, 2021. The latest complaint nothing but a hassle was resolved on Mar 19, 2013. Founders Insurance has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 30 reviews. Founders Insurance has resolved 16 complaints.

Founders Insurance Customer Service Contacts

1888 676 4342 (Claims)
1800 972 8778 (Underwriting)
1866 758 7678 (Technical Support)
+1 847 768 0040 (Customer Service)
1111 E. Touhy Ave., Suite 300
Des Plaines, Illinois
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 5100, Des Plaines, IL 60017-5100

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Founders Insurance Customer Service. Initial Founders Insurance complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Founders Insurance above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Founders Insurance. Discuss the issues you have had with Founders Insurance and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Founders Insurance Complaints & Reviews

Founders InsuranceClaim

I was rear ended by a driver who hold founder insurance policy... my car was hitted from back ... they write a estimated cost but the adjuster is unable to get hold off.. and when I call they said they need investigation who is at fault... of course the driver who hitted my car back was at fault... it was a matter of jokes how people trust this company and buy policy... it not so trustworthy that they delay payoff ... and people intentionally buy this policy to make other drivers suffer for damages...

Founders InsuranceFull coverage insurance?

It's been 3 weeks since we hit a deer, founders deemed our 08 Mercury mariner a total loss for $3400. After our deductible We can't buy a reliable vehicle for that we'll have to fix the damages to our vehicle the accident caused damages to the grill and busted the radiator. They offered us to buy back our vehicle for $1600 that's leaving us with $600 for us to repair our vehicle. How is a vehicle their saying is a total loss cost $1600 to buy back? Pretty confused and paying for full coverage did nothing but waste my money plus the money I had to pay out of pocket for tow and rental and still haven't seen a dime I definitely wasted time and money with this insurance company.

Founders Insurance105 days since accident - no resolution or response

My son was in an accident on 6/24/2020. He was the first car hit by the driver insured by Founders which pushed him into another car. My son's car was deemed a total loss. It has now been 105 days and Founders does not want to offer a reasonable settlement. Founders kept blaming the delay on the second car hit insurance company, but since ours was the first impact, we should've been dealt with first. Founders has given false information to my insurance company and me and refuse to respond to any correspondence. I have even emailed the VP who simply responded that the claims adjuster would handle the matter and not to include her in an correspondence. My son has been without car all of this time. I sent comps on what the replacement cost is and their response is that they don't cover replacement. I sent Ohio Revised Code documentation on where they have failed -- still no response. I'm frustrated and at a loss of what to do.

• Mr
          Mr. Helpful Sep 29, 2020

It sounds like you need to file in court and let a judge sort out it out. Technically it's the insured person that caused the accident that is responsible for damages so you may have to jointly sure both parties.

Sep 14, 2020

Founders Insurance — Accident

I was at work sitting at my desk when my car was hit in the parking lot when the insurer hit my car...

Founders Insurance — claim [protected]

I am currently on hold again. The claims rep never has returned my phone calls and after reading the many...

Founders Insurance Company — claim

Hi, I was in a collision accidents with one of your costumers. I was hit going straight when the costumer wa...

Liberty Township

Founders Insurance of Des Plaines ILauto insurance claim number [protected]

On Tuesday, 2/28/2017 there was a severe storm including large hail that broke my windshield and put dents all over the body of my car. Over the rest of the week and following week I attempted to call Founders to report my comprehensive claim but wasn't able to get anyone on the phone. I left voice messages on their automated answering machines but no one ever returned any of my calls. After several attempts to reach them I stopped calling in with the thought that after a little time someone was going to get around to my name on their list and would return my calls. My having other issues to handle in my life, I began to only make follow-up calls a few times every month. I called the agency/Cloverleaf once to see if they could help me get my claim filed but I got hung up on after trying my hardest to pursue convincing the lady to get someone with Founder's claims department on the phone. When I called back I got a fast brush-off by a different person who stopped me in my tracks saying 'no no no you have to call Founder's claims yourself and make your claim.' That was my whole point, I couldn't get anyone at Founder's on the phone. Finally I got a call back after months had gone by. It was September by now. I was given a claim number and directed to take my car to an auto repair shop in Collinsville, American Pride Auto body. So I called and made an appointment to take my car in. After that my claim was denied because according to Founders I took too long to report my hail damage. It should have been reported in less than 90 days. I explained to my adjuster, Dan Marino that I had called many times trying to report it but wasn't able to get anyone on the phone. Now he wants me to prove that I made calls to them. I have to call my telephone service providers and get detailed copies of my telephone bills showing any of their telephone numbers. I've tried to get the call detail from At&t but wasn't able. I will try again but I told Dan that since I had called in on their 800 numbers that maybe he could have his telephone bill checked. due to 800 numbers being incoming calls to his company he should have a record of my telephone number on them. He then tells me that he tried already to check but that his office has moved from one building to a different building and due to different telephone equipment, he isn't able to pull any records of telephone calls during the time frame from 2/28/17 through the end of the year. This is so ridiculous. Why would anyone have full coverage auto insurance not file a comprehensive hail damage claim? I'm not letting them get away with not paying for my car to be repaired. I'm going to file complaints with the Attorney General of State of Illinois and also file a small claims court case. The good thing is I've cancelled my auto insurance with Founders and I have better insurance with a new company with higher coverages and lower premiums. I can't continue to give my money to any business that doesn't give me good service. I just hate that they got so much of my money before I found out what a shyster company they are.

Founders Insurance — auto insurance

Accident occurred on 2/14/17 claim #[protected]. Was jerked around from the start the body shop submitted...

Founders Insurance — auto accident

On July 31, 2017 I was asleep and my car was parked outside my home my neighbor cross the street came home...

Founders Insurance — bad customer service

On Friday 2/17/17, I spoke with a customer service rep by the name on Luz, I was reporting my incident of a...

Founders Insurance — full coverage - total loss

August 28th, 2016 my car was in a flood at my home in Cincinnati, Ohio. This flood caused severe damage to...

Founders Insurance — I am complaining about the poorness of their company

My car was totaled after a client of founders hit my car in april i informed them where the car was located...

Founders Insurancenothing but a hassle

I am not a client, however, one of Founder's clients hit my parked vehicle and caused $1700 worth in damage. This "minor" accident has turned into over a month's worth of headaches for me so far, and at this point I have had my car repaired (however Founders has not yet paid the auto body shop in full) and they are presently refusing to reimburse me for the full amount of the rental vehicle I required. (I picked the cheapest rental car available, and I only needed one because my damaged vehicle was the only vehicle we have that will accomdate our entire family!) The "adjuster" they sent out to view the damages on my car--even after I had already taken my vehicle in for an estimate--took pictures with his CELL PHONE and missed $600 worth of damages by only noting one of the three separate panels that was damaged. He also didn't show up at the body shop to review the additional damages at his scheduled time and has not contacted them since then. I will also be taking Founder's client to court, gotta get my money somehow!! I would not recommend Founders to anyone looking for a reputable insurance company who takes care of business.

Founders Insuranceworst accident experience ever.

I got hit by one of their "insured" April 11, 2012. I just bought my car the last week of february. This guy tore a CHUNK out of my car trying to turn left in the friggen RIGHT lane. At the scene, he told police it was hit fault & was ticketed. now almost a full month later, my car is STILL sitting in my garage. I'm livid that I have to call and call & never get through to an "adjuster". Now they're claiming their insured had a different statement than I had & they're waiting for the police report. A bunch of bs if you ask me. Even the appraiser saw that he hit me twice. These people are gonna be catching suites against them left and right. Moral of the story is, I want my effing car fixed & wished that these fools would speed things up.

Founders Insurance — worst company ever

On Sunday November 6, 2011, I found my 2009 Hyundai Sonata crashed while being parked in my parking lot. It...

Founders Insurance — not settling in a professional time frame

Hey everyone I was invovled in a accident on feb.14 2010 on interstate I290 by a woman who was driving too...

Founders Insurancebad claim service

I was in an auto accident about three weeks ago with a person insured by founders. Sandra Brown the Claim adjuster called me on friday June 17, 11 and we spoke regarding the car being totaled and my personal injury and she politely told me that I should hear something from her by early next week. Here it is today June 27, and I have not heard anything. I called and left a message on friday June 24, 11 from someone name Emily and she offered to send me a check for a third of what my car is worth so I ask to speak to Sandra Brown regarding the medical bill and the personal injury before accepting the offer for the car. Today I must have called them 25 times with no answer and no return call from all the messages I have left. So now I will be contact a personal injury attorney to persue this matter. Especially after reading this board this is terrible and very shady. This company needs to be stopped I will also per sue this matter with the Insurance Commission and BBB and whom ever else I need to so that nobody else have to go through this BS. If you thinking about settling this with them think again legal action need to be taken.

anthony dunlap Nov 09, 2011

my future wife was involved in a wreck her car is covered on my policy which is founders. their claim services is very slow in getting to your claim i have found it very upsetting when they dont respond to call about my claim. finally my wife car is at the bodyshop and is waitin on mr blake to come and revalurate is intial apprasal of the veichal when every thing thing is finally done it will be 3 week since she had the wreck. which my insurance didnt even fight the decision. founders insurance shouldnt be allowed to even sell insurance, and i am seriously thinkin about legal action against them

Founders Insurance Company — poor claims service

I was rear ended by someone who had Founders. My first complaint against them is that they do not do busine...

Founders Insurance Companyfraudulent claims process

My car was struck by a person insured by Founders Insurance. A claim was opened and I was told to go to a repair shop authorized by the company. This repair shop did not seem reputable. I tried to tell them about the damage I was concerned about but the shop seemed intent on making excessive repairs. Without ever interviewing the driver, Founders said that they were denying my claim. After 4 weeks, I finally had a manager get involved in the process. They have provided no proof of investigation. They only left a message on my voicemail stating that their client did not hit my car, but if they did hit my car, it must have been due to my making an illegal turn. Clearly, this company is engaged in fraudulent practices. Iam forwarding my complaint to Attorney General's office for investigation.

• Ka
                    kayofcart Mar 25, 2013

I am experiencing the same exact issue. I was sitting at a stop sign when a much larger truck tried to gun through the intersection at a high rate of speed to make the turn to beat another car. The driver who spoke no English took the entire front end of my Mini-Cooper off.
                    A policamn was sitting right there. She came to aid and found that driver totally at fault.
                    This was 3 weeks ago and I filed a claim with their office. Thus far in 3 weeks I have heard ONCE from someone who spoke very little and very broken English saying that they did not think it was their driver's fault based solely on what that driver said and NOT on the police report. They claim the police officer misunderstood his English.
                    They refuse to even LOOK at my car which clearly shows I was hit head on by a much larger car.
                    Now no one at Founders will so much as RETURN my phone call let alone help me.

Founders Insurancecompany blatantly backed out responsibilities

On April 18th, 2009 at approx. 12:30 a.m., my 2003 Mercury Sable was parked when it was struck on the left rear-side by a DRUNK DRIVER! The accident was reported immediately to Founders Insurance Claims Dept. toll free # [protected]. I filled out a lengthy accident form required by the State of Indiana for persons involved in an auto accident. The young lady who was DRUNK had insurance with State Farm. When I told Founders ins.who the DRUNK drivers' insurance company was (State Farm) they were ecstatic to tell me this did not involve Founders ins.anymore and I should direct all my efforts of being compensated toward State Farm Insurance. According to Carlos Morales my claim adjuster from Founders Ins.(who was terminated recently) said "They're a good insurance co. They'll work with you." "I'll just close this file and you won't have to call us anymore about this claim. . . " Are you kidding me? State Farm paid my lender a measley settlement less than the blue book value of $5700. I owed $8600. I sought the Indiana Atty. General office against the dealership and won in June 2009(no settlement) but the balance was erased because my car wasn't an "LS" model. I am pursuing a small claims trial against the DRUNK DRIVER ON Dec.14th. Founders will be pursued legally and I plan on dragging this insurance company's name in the dirt like I've been without a car for 8 1/2 months. I have been a policyholder with Founders Insurance faithfully for 4 years. I had COMPREHENSIVE COLLISION (full coverage). When am I going to be covered?