First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Logo

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection

Having problems with First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection?

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 14, 2006. The latest review ice maker was posted on Mar 14, 2021. The latest complaint refusing to replace broken - dangerous pool heater was resolved on Aug 12, 2012. First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 109 reviews. First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection has resolved 41 complaints.

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 875 0533 (Consumer Sales)
+1 800 327 9292 (Renewals Department)
+1 800 444 9030 (Real Estate Sales)
+1 800 992 3400 (Service Department)
P.O. Box 7248
Santa Rosa, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Customer Service. Initial First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection. Discuss the issues you have had with First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Complaints & Reviews

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation — insurance failure

Complaint against First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation and Around the Clock Inc. On Friday...

First American Home Warrantynon responsive

I have had a First American Home Warranty for 5 years, and for the last 3 have had numerous claims on an airconditioner. The contractors they sent out Accurate Air Conditioning could not seem to fix the problem correct.y and had to return numerous times - of course during the hot Texas summer. When I complained to First American that I didn't want Accurate out again, they told me that because I had gone online to schedule work they couldn't change companies. When I insisted, they cancelled the work order, then gave me to a company who couldn't come out for a week! Even though I told First American I wanted to file a complaint against Accurate, they never processed it and this year when the ac went out AGAIN, they insisted on sending out Accurate. After being left on hold for 25 minutes I got to a supervisor who basically said too bad, refused to let me speak to his manager and insisted there was no one else who would speak to me. I finally got a manager's name and number, left a message but it was never returned. At the conclusion of the call with the supervisor he told me that their vendors were judged carefully against consumer complaints, but that they didn't write my complaint down, so technically, there was no complaint. Everyone I spoke to was rude, and clearly couldn't have cared less whether I was happy or not. First American is a disaster as a home warranty company.

joewhite Aug 13, 2010

I know an attorney preparing to sue this company now. If you have had a difficult time with this company, I would suggest you contact him at [protected] or email him at [email protected]

First American Home Buyers Protection Corp.scam

I believed I had a sewer leak and requested First American to send a Plumber to do a static test. The Plumbing company came out and when I told him what I needed, he stated that his company did not do static test. I do not know what 1st American told the plumber what he was coming out to do. The Plumber, while still at my residence, called First American that they needed to send out another company that did do this type of test to see if there was a leak or not. This Plumber required me to pay my fee. I did not hear from anyone for almost a week and the company that did call said he could do perform the work until later in the week due to other commitments. I waited for over a week and finally called a company on my own. Sure enough there was a leak. I called 1st American for my refund and they refused. I was a customer for 10 years with them and they scammed me out of my fee. I am telling everyone not to go with 1st American. Ihave sold my home and told the new buyers not to go with 1st American. Hooray, they didn't!

• Wa
        Wanda Gibson Jun 02, 2007

May 18, 2017 my refrigerator went out. I called First American Home Buyers Corp on May 19 at 7:00 am. They said they would have someone contact me and make arrangements to come out. He was able yo come to my home May 23, 2017. He informed me the compressor was burned up and he said it should be replaced. Instead of replacing it, they wanted a second opinion. After contacting them several times, they said they would have someone else call and come out (they said the first company did not know how to work on a Whirlpool refrigerator). (Not true) I waited until May 25, and called again to let them know no one had called me. So, they said since it was Memorial Day week-end they couldn't get anyone to come out. I had to wait until May 31 to get another company to give the second opinion. They told me the same thing, the compressor was burned up. The repair man told me they would call First American immediately and have them to call me to have it either replaced or repaired. Well, no one called. I called them on June 1st and was told they had not received a report from the last repairman that had come out. I immediately called those people & was told they had already submitted it. I called back (each call I made to them, I was on hold for a min. of 15 minutes each time) and they suddenly found the report. Then she would have to talk to someone else to decide what they wanted to do. After waiting all day with no return call, I called again. She said they would replace it and for me to look on the internet for a certain model number that they wanted to replace it with. I could not find it. I called again... She said she was looking at it on her computer and gave me another model number to look for. Still I could not find it. So I went to Sears (I was told to find it at: www.sears.com) and gave the model number to the salesman there and he looked and could not find it. So I called again from Sears and she swore she was looking at it. Come to find out, she couldn't look at it because it was discontinued months ago and couldn't possibly be there. She then told me she was off the next two days and when she came back in on June 5, she would talk to her manager and he would have to advise her as to what she was to recommend next. Today is June 2, 2017 and I still do not have a refrigerator. I feel sure I don't need to tell you of the inconvenience of not having a refrigerator. I am so mad...

First American Home Buyers Protectionwould not fix what was requested, but did not tell me this until afterwards

I requested a service call for two leaking tub faucets and one dripping sink faucet and one faucet dripping sink faucet with low pressure. After much time over the phone with the representative, the repair order was put in for "all". When the plumber company came, their work order shows one tub and two sink faucets. Once they called First American Home Warranty, they were told the sink faucets were not covered. I am being charged for a service fee for them coming out to my house.

This is where I stand. I don't care if I had four items needing repair, I should have been told at the beginning the sink faucets were not covered. If I were told this, a work order would not have been placed at all because I would have cancelled my policy right then. Instead, I cancelled afterwards. This is not the first incident I have had, but this is the one I am disputing.

In the past, we have had our AC unit fixed and fixed and fixed, still it doesn't work properly. We finally called a different service company, actually two. Our unit needed to be replaced. FAHB will not replace it. They said as long as it can continue to be fixed, we will not replace. All of these service calls, I paid for and it was never completely fixed, but this one, I will dispute.

Then they read you the one part of the contract that states, if they send someone out to your house, you will pay them, even when it is under false pretences. That is very underhanded.

Very, very disatisfied customer

First American Payment Systemsfirst american payment systems should not be allowed to service

Their salesman came to my barber shop and asking me to try their credit card device service and I make it clear that my business is cash only. There is no need their credit card service. Their salesman keep convincing me that their service will give me more sales. I told him again that I do not need their services. He says "you can try for one month and if it does not give you more sales, just call me to pick it up." I ask him is there any contract or fee on trying their service. He says "No contract and no monthly, but First American Payment Systems will charge me on the sales sent through the credit card device." I said well since you insist me to try, I'll try it for one month. When he came to setup the service, he ask to sign the paper that they will get fee on sales through their credit card transactions only. I signed the paper. Their credit card device is an old one and is not working at all. No printing receipt for me or customer. I sent two sales but not work. I call the salesman to fix that and that never work. I call the salesman again to pickup his credit card device I no longer interest it. He never come to pickup the device and have First American Payment systems call me and say there is a two year contract and I'll be charge $546.39 and if I don't pay them they will ask third party to collect and I'll pay for any fees. I think First American Payment Systems should not be allowed to service!

• Wi
            winniethepooh Apr 21, 2010

You should complain to BetterBusinessBureau at http://www.bbb.org

If it still doesn't work, write a review about this company EVERYWHERE. (just copy and paste the review and post it to as many website as possible). If it still doesn't work, report them to you local attorney general!

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporationamount due for no service

I called first american home buyers protection to arrange a service appointment for a problem in my ac (it is not cooling) last november. First american home buyers dispatched the request to jet a service company who called me to schedule an appointment on november 10th 8-10am.

I had a meeting at noon and needed to leave my home around 11:00am. By 10:00am, the service technician still hasn't showed up. I called jet plumbing heating and electric and told them that if the technician couldn't show up by 10:30am we would need to schedule. I was told that the technician was on his way and would be there shortly. At 10:40am, I called again and requested a schedule because I didn't think the ac issue could be resolved within such a short time.

The service technician called around 11:00am. I told him he didn't need to come because I was about to go to work. The service technician showed up in front of my door ten minutes later, when I was about to leave home. I said I needed to go, but the technician insisted and said he would only need to take a quick look.in less than 5 minutes, the technician concluded that it's the air filter problem. I told him it wasn't because I tried it with a new air filter but it didn't work. I told him if he had a new air filter which could prove it working then I would be convinced. He said he didn't have one but insisted that I should install one myself and try it again. He then asked me to pay for the service fee. I told him that I was not going to pay because there was no service done.

I called first american home buyers protection the next day and complained about the incident. They said they would follow up with the service company and call me back. I later decided not to renew the protection plan with first american home buyers protection. The only time they called me back was from their sales department to ask why I didn't renew. I brought up the incident and the sales agent said it wasn't her area but she could follow up for me. I didn't receive any other call from first american home buyers so I thought the case was settled.

I recently received a service fee invoice in the amount of $55 from first american home buyers protection (I actually didn’t realize there was a bill sent to me in feb until apr because first american home buyers kept sending me renewal letters so I accidentally denied that bill). I called them on april 12, 2010 and asked why I was billed for no service. They told me that it is on the service agreement that the customer needs to pay for the service fee as long as the service technician shows up.

I called on april 13, 2010 again and this time I was able to speak with a supervisor. She appeared to be helpful at the beginning and informed me that the service company was not responsive and they’re no longer on their list. However, after putting me on hold for a couple of minutes, she came back and told me that because first american home buyers protection had already issued the payment after they received the invoice, I had to pay for the amount due. She went on to deny my request of follow up on november 11th and told me that I was the one who was supposed to call them back according to their system record. She denied my request for a company email where I could write formal complaint letter. She would only give me a fax or a physical mailing address. But what are the uses of these? They’ll just end up like the phone complaints I made which I had no proof of filing.

I think the whole incident is ridiculous. It's very unfair to the customer because my ac is still not working as of today. First american home buyers protection committed to follow up the dispute when I first complained on november 11th.in fact, all they did was to send me a bill.

• Mr
              MrRealtor Apr 13, 2010

Did you purchase the warranty through a home sale or through a real estate agent? If you did, call the agent and make them call the local rep and make it right! For future, call or go online to AHS.com. It costs a little more but they are the best, hands down. What happened to you was a crock and you should have made that guy leave and come back. A filter? You need to file a complaint against that idiot heat and air nut.

First American Home Buyer Protectionclaim denial

Filed claim with First American only to be denied as it seems to be their standard practice.
            Drain pipe broken inside wall under sink and they seem to think that the pipe can be
            broken in two places behind the wall by excessive force without damaging the trap,
            connection to the sink, or the drywall that the pipe goes through. But what the heck we all have to learn our lessons the hard way. Hopefully when you think of buying a home protection warranty
            you will read this first along with all the other complaints and choose not to get ripped off
            by this company.

First American — how the scam works

This Home warranty company never pays for its customer repairs. They have a way to avoid payments or take...

First American Home Warrantydidn't honor contract

First american home warranty is a complete scam! Last month I canceled my policy after they refused a repair that was clearly covered, in black and white, according to the contract. They basically let my mother freeze until I could get a contractor out there to fix her heat - at my expense. I won't go into details to save myself the aggravation of reliving it, but I am now with another home warranty company and am much happier. Not only is their service number available 24 hours, but their monthly fees are lower for better coverage!

Point is, first american is a scam. You pay your fees every month, but when you actually need something repaired, they leave you high and dry.

didn't honor contract

john krol Mar 09, 2010

First American did not honor the warranty for my dishwasher. They could not find the part, so they are playing games and will not offer a cash out deal, replacement, or send someone to fix it. I have been without a dishwasher for almost 4 months. They tell me they can take as long as they like to fix it, so what good is a warranty if you have to live without a major appliance for month's and month's.

Chris Knoxville Feb 27, 2010

My refrigerator broke down at 5pm on Friday, and I placed the call with FAHW after digging out the contract information. I was very satisfied when the cust. service agent told me he was upgrading the call to emergency status. He said the contractor would contact me within 4 hours, and the problem should be resolved within 8 hours. By 9am Saturday, I had yet to be contacted by the technician. I called FAHW and spoke with an agent who told me that appliances are not considered emergency repairs, and the techinician had 48 business hours to resolve the issue, which puts me looking at Tuesday before I can buy food to feed my family. No one with FAHW could do anything but tell me I had to wait for the tech. to call. They offered no attempt to satisfy their customer (they already had my money, right?), and showed no concern for the way they did business. The contract does state that the tech. has 48 hours to schedule service, but I seem to be the only one who feels this protocol was pre-empted by what I was told be their employee in customer service. I am severely dissatisfied with this company and would not recommend anyone doing business with them.

First American Payment Systems — excessive charges

I am the owner of a computer repair shop in Veneta, Oregon. A little over a month ago, a representative of...

First American Homedon't buy from them

Filed a complaint with First American Home for heater; technician from Solaris, found problem electrical. When heater was found not to be the problem on 12/16/09, First American Home sent electrician from Southern California Electrical Service Inc., on 12/24/09.

Who found electrical problems with common wall of electrical junction box in attic, but could not find exact problem. Solution was to bypass existing electrical problem, in attic, and common wall by creating a circuit breaker for heater.

While waiting for claim to be approved or denied, we had no heat and electrical outages and surges in common wall effecting refrigerator and other electrical outlets.

FAH denied claim due to dedicated circuit breaker for heater would be considered an upgrade. Requested second opinion due to not requesting upgrade and did not want problem bypassed but fixed--denied request.

Cancelled policy, requested refund on 12/30/09, and since hired an electrician, from Ryan Electric, who found burnt wires in junction box in attic, and burnt wires in junction box in kitchen; rewired junction boxes in attic, and in kitchen.

Problem solved without bypassing real problem and no dedicated circuit breaker for heater was required to fix problem. We now have heat again and electricity is working properly throughout whole house, no thanks to First American Home.

FAH was quick to deny claim, and sent out an electrician that did not try to find and fix the problem, just collected service fee.

The home warranty from this company is a waste of money, time, and hours spent on the phone trying to get the service you paid for. Frustration, disappointment, and dissatisfaction are all I received.

This company is cold and indifferent. Do not buy a home protection warranty from First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation.

First American Home Buyers Protectionhome warranty

In August 2009, I called First American Home Warranty regarding my air conditioner, which had gone out. That is when this nightmare began.

Every time you call First American Home Warranty, you are on hold for awhile and you listen to how First American "screens their vendors", selects only the vendors that meet their "Strict" requirements, how the "vendors are put on probation", and how First Am "calls the homeowner to ensure that the homeowner is satisfied with the vendor they send". Unfortunately for me, I actually believed all this. But nothing could be further from the truth.

First American sent a company named "Authorized Service Center" to my home. "Authorized Service Center" said the air conditioner needed replacing and told me that First American would authorize around $800 toward the cost. I needed a new Central heat/air, so since I knew FirstAm only did business with vendors who were "screened, on probation and approved by homeowners", I paid "Authorized Service Center" over $5, 000 to replace my central air/heat. The new a/c stopped working after a week or so. We called “Authorized Service Center”, they came out to fix it, it would work for an hour or two, go out again, we'd call again, etc., for a total of 6 times they came out to my home. "Authorized Service Center" let us swelter for an entire weekend and several days and evenings and were not at all concerned that I had paid them $5200 and had no a/c. I simply had to wait my turn. During all this, I also placed several calls to First American appealing to them for their help with this but each time, I was told there was nothing they would do. They did not care that their "approved" vendor was giving me a royal rip off. It was finally fixed in the 3rd week of September.

Unfortunately, the nightmare has reoccurred. Now that it's getting cold in Texas, I turn on my supposedly brand new heater, and we have no heat. I call FirstAm and they want to send this "Authorized Service Center" out AGAIN! And they want me to pay another $60 to the company that could care less that I had no a/c after they received $5000+ of my hard-earned money and had to come out 6 times to finally get the a/c working. To the company that should have installed it correctly back in August/September.

It goes without saying...I do not want to do business with "Authorized Service Center". I am not now nor have I ever been satisfied with anything they have done. In August, when I asked to speak to the owner, I was told he was not there on more than one occasion. I cannot understand why First American is doing business with a company like this. I am filing separate complaints on "Authorized Service Center". Is it that hard to get vendors for home warranty?

I told First American Home Warranty that I do not want "Authorized Service Center" to come back out to my home. First Am Home Warranty tells me that since I have not "filed a formal complaint" against that company, that is who they are sending. I guess many many phone calls to them informing them of the fact that I have paid $5200 for no air conditioning and asking for their help with their vendor does not count as a formal complaint? (Each time I called I had to suffer through that recording that says how much they CARE about their customers.) So I asked to speak to a supervisor and I spoke to Kathy Cotton in Van Nuys, California. I explained the situation and told her I have complained about this "company" numerous times back in August and September and asked her "What does it take to "file a formal complaint" against a company you have already complained about numerous times? I was not informed by anyone at FirstAm to do that or that I even could do that. She said that she would send another company and that I would need to pay $60 for the service call. This is what I object to. I do not feel I should have to pay for something that should have been done correctly back in August by a vendor sent to my home by First American.

So now I take it to the corporate level. I just finished speaking with someone named Nahun in Dan Langston's office. A more cold and unfeeling and unbudging person I have never spoken with. He was even worse than the others. Does it surprise anyone that Dan Langston does not call? Even if he did, he's probably just as unsympathetic. I have explained this situation yet again, and still I am being told how wrong I am, and that I must pay the $60.

FirstAm, their "vendor screening/probation program" is bunk and at least one of their vendors is unscrupulous. Is American Home Shield any better? I see now that First American has loads of consumer complaints about this company. I will be contacting the local news stations about this as well.

As far as this awful company "Authorized Service Center", a street address for them cannot be located, but I believe they are in Garland. I live in Fort Worth. It would seem that if FirstAm had this huge network of vendors, a company a little closer could be found!

I am sooooo done with FirstAm. Everyone in the org is cold and unfeeling -- not one ounce of human compassion anywhere in the company. I would hate to work at a company whose corporate culture is to be cold and unfeeling towards their customers and tells their customers if you don't like it, cancel your contract. Which is what I have done. Pitiful. Just pitiful.

• Mk
                      M kurian Aug 04, 2010

First American Home Warranty is Fraud, They Only take your money dont give you service when you need it!

• Mk
                      M kurian Aug 04, 2010

I had the Same experience I am Sorry now that I did not take this seriously. Our A/C unit was not cooling I called them, after all the same hastle and after 4 days a technician visited from a company called Pro-Air for inspection and then he left to pick up parts, Just an Expansion Vale, the following 3 weeks was the most horrible experience in our life. Every time when I Call them, it takes 1 hr to get some one, they say that the technician may be out to collect our parts but we are not in the schedule the next available schdule is after 3 days, I request to put us in the schdule and again when the day come they say the same story. this repeated for several days then I had to call Texas Air to fix the problem. We are in a house with 93 degree F heat.

• Wh
                      whatever94 Feb 13, 2010

We bought a home in September 2009, and have found that our hot water tank will only fill up the bathtub (standard size) with about 2.5-3 inches of hot water. We called First American, and they sent out a plumbing tech from Capital Plumbing who was nice enough, but told us that our hot water supply met the requirements. Try taking a bath in 2.5 inches of hot water - that's the most ridiculous thing I ever heard. AND THEN, WE HAD TO PAY $60 FOR THAT "SERVICE." Anyway, judging from the number of complaints here, this company definitely SUCKS. Don't waste your money purchasing a home warranty - you're not getting anything other the ability to have them charge you more money for worthless WORTHLESS service calls.

First American Home Warranty — Home warranty

First American Home Buyers Protectionunlicensed contractors

First American claims to use only licensed contractors, but only check to see if they have a license with the State of Ohio. They do not check and do not care if the contractors have the necessary LOCAL licenses. FAHBP has been notified of this and continues to use unlicensed contractors. If you have a claim, be sure to ask the contractor if they have any needed LOCAL licenses.

First American Home Warrantyincompetent plumbers and customer support staff

Had problem with a leaky faucet and hot water shut off valve. One plumber that insurance company sent couldn't remove the faucet and wanted to charge extra $90 to cut it off. Second plumber they sent said he can remove the faucet but can't do the work unless the shut off valve is change first - he cannot shut off the water by shutting off the main line, imagine that. Note, both plumbers had very heavy eastern European accent and was very hard to understand them.

Call the insurance company to work out the issue with the plumbers was completely useless. The agents haven't the slightest idea about what is going on, they just keep spouting that "our licensed plumbers said this and that". Kept getting facts mixed up. I talked to 3 of them and they all sounded like robots.

So, I did the work myself - was able to remove the old faucet (had no rust or corrosion) and put a new one in, and changed the shut off valve. Everything that the plumbers said they couldn't do unless I pay them more money.

What a scam.
                      I am

• Ou
                          OU_OKIE Jul 22, 2011

You shouls of did what I did. They told me the earliest they could have someone come out would be was almost 2 weeks away. I told them that the problem was causing additional damage and that they better hurry out. They told me that if I could find a licensed, bonded, certified plumber willing to do the work at the prices they have posted on the internet. That they would allow him to do the work, but that if he charged any more than that I would have to pay the differrence. So I found someone and we had the job finished the next day. They just don't want to spend the time required to find anyone. It's like they are under staffed or something.

First American Home Warranty — claim resolution

I, like many others, am experiencing difficulty in reaching a resolution on a claim. The warranty i...

First American Home Buyers Protectiondishwasher

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation is the worst company I have ever dealt with. I spent $75.00 for them to send someone to fix my dishwasher and it was not fixed after 2 attempts. They said they simply could not fix the problem or do anything about it. They are terrible. They will go out of business soon so I wouldn't buy a warrranty from them.

L.Stewart, Mississippi

• Li
                            lichtran Jul 10, 2011

Here is my complaint:
                            This complaint has been filed to FTC, CA State Attorney General, BBB, California Department of Insurance and will continue to alert other consumers on Blogs and Websites.

I have a contract #[protected] with First American Home Buyers Protection (First American HBP), 2250 Apollo way, suite 200, Santa Rosa, CA [protected]. Their website: https://homewarranty.firstam.com/Default.aspx

On 4/2/2011 the First American HBP gave us two work orders: One for plumbing (DRAINEX ROOTER) due to ceiling water leaking in my bathroom, and another order (M K CONSTRUCTION) for the electric fan located under the above leaking ceiling and damaged by water leaking. They said they granted the two work orders if the ceiling leaking is the cause for the fan damaged. If they did not fix the ceiling, then the fan would damage in the future.

On 4/2/2011 an employee from DRAINEX ROOTER & PLUMBING CO.(http://www.drainexplumbing.com/ ) came to my house, promised to fix the ceiling on the next day and gave us another service agreement to sign, then asked for $55. We wrote the check (#1913) and signed the agreement. However, they broke the contract and have never come back. The ceiling still is leaking.

On the next day only M K Construction fixed the fan. We paid another $55 (#1914).

Since the water leaking is not fixed and it will continue damage the fan, we reminded the First American HBP about the leaking. They gave us another work order for plumbing by another company, the HOME WARRANTY PLUMBING AND ROOTER.

Yet, after inspection this company told us it is not covered under the home protection policy. And they sent us another bill service fee $55 for work order #[protected] and use collection agency.

Please notice it is the same ceiling that has two work orders within one week. And according to their policy, consumers have to pay a total three bills of $55 * 3 = $165: One for electric and two for water leaking; even though they denied to fix the ceiling. And the fan would continue to be damaged.

I believe it is a scam. Consumers have to pay annual fee for $432 and extra $55 for any work order. It does not matter if the work order is performed or not, good or bad, complete or incomplete. It is not like insurance company and deductible. However, the First American Company have not made clear such weird policy to their consumers.

Because the First American Company failed to make a clear statement that consumers have to pay extra fee for any work order whether it is performed or not, good or bad, complete or incomplete, and because the Drainex Company broke their promise, and took $55 for nothing to exchange. I believe they committed a scam. Their policy violates US basic fairness and justice.

I believe that basic fairness and justice for any contract requires both parties have to exchange something. This means that each party to the contract must provide some value to the relationship. Consumers should pay extra service fee $55 only if the work order is performed. No repair nor service performed, then no an extra fee. It is not fair for a technician arrive to a house, does nothing, and receive extra $55. It is ok to deny the service, but still taking extra fee for denial is unfair and unethical.

PS. We just receive a letter from First American HBP. They cancelled the charge for the second plumbing, but still charge $55 for the unperformed plumbing of DRAINEX ROOTER. That means they still take our $55 for the work order unperformed.

I collect this scam and post at:

• Br
                            Brey1104 Oct 29, 2009

Hi there,
                            let me give you a true story.

On or about September last of the month. I contacted First American home buyers protection about my dishwasher not working. I did not receive a call back for 5 days for a service provider to contact me. after the 5 days they sent Sears out to look at the dishwasher, now keep in mind the first call was made on Sept. 24th. Sears could not come out till Oct 2nd, When they arrived the rep told me he specialized in TV repair.
                            he ordered several parts and said it was probably my computer board on the front of the dishwasher. On Oct 8Th we received the parts by mail, however to to the schedule of the repair service not working on Fridays it would have to be scheduled for Oct 15Th. Again the service rep came out and said well this is the wrong part he need to order another part and to call him ASAP when the part came in. on Oct 19Th the part came in. he came out Oct 21st. Said the part was bad had to order another part. On Oct 26Th the part came, called and said they could not come out till Oct 29Th On Oct 27Th my husband said enough is enough, he looked at the washer and found that the first service rep had change plug ins to another side. Guess what he plug it in and it worked...So for now over a month with no dishwasher no return calls for First American (unless our payment may be late). we have a dish washer, oh and by the way the service rep did come out on Oct 29Th and said oh this my be stopped up lets put a part on it. NO way. So What do you think about this TRUE STORY

Brenda Prince

First American Home Buyers Protectionbreach of contract

Our InSinkErator Instant Hot Water Dispenser is stuck in the open position. The plumbers who First American sent claim that this was due to excessive force. At no time did we ever use anything other than our fingers to operate the valve lever. Furthermore, this is an endemic failure for this device. Many other people have had the exact same failure which makes it clear that this is due to normal wear and tear. Additionally, when the plumbers, left they indicated that there is something wrong internally and that they need to change the entire faucet. Indeed, this is the case. However, this begs the question why they would change their mind a day later? I feel this is a clear case of collusion between the plumbers and First American. In fact, the California Insurance Commission knows that they are colluding, but they can't do anything about it since there is no proof.

First American Home Buyers Protection is nothing but a scam

First American Home Buyers Protectioncentral a/c not working

On 7/10/09, 11 days after my home warranty contract began our downstairs central a/c was not cooling. I called First American at 7am. I got a call from the company that was coming out to fix the unit. They couldn't be there for 3 days. I called First Am. back and complained about the time wait. I was told that they would look for another company that could come out sooner. I never heard back from them on that subject. On 7/13/09 Elite A/C came out. He moved the board that we had had blocking dog entrance to our unit for the past 12 years. The bottom condenser coils were corroded and he blamed that on our dogs urinating on the coils. He said the unit would have to be replaced and he left. I call First Am. later that same day and explained that we didn't have a male dog and even if we did the board denied the dogs access to the unit itself and the corroded coils were directly behind the board and that it had to be weather, leaves, acid, ant and/or critter activity. I was told that I had to get my own second opinion that would void what Elite A/C had concluded about why the unit was not cooling. I called another a/c company and they sent out a technician on 7/14/09. He told me that the corroded coils would not effect the unit's cooling capacity. He took the unit apart and replaced the compressor run capacitor. He started right up and was cooling the home. He also concluded that the unit's fan motor needed to be replaced because it was pulling high amps. I paid him $188. for his services. He told me to shut the unit down until my warranty company replaced the fan motor because if the fan motor failed while the unit was running it would freeze up the unit compressor. I did as I was told and faxed his bill and his explanation to First American after calling them and telling them that the corroded coils had nothing to do with why the unit was not cooling. I called them on 7/16/09 after hearing nothing more from them. They agreed to send out a second technician to fix the fan motor. He arrived that afternoon and agreed that the unit needed a fan motor in order to operate and cool the home. He told First American that the unit would last another 1-2 years with a new fan motor and that the coils had nothing to do with the unit's cooling capacity. First American denied the claim based on the corroded coils, which they said was a pre-existing condition. I argued with them that the coils had nothing to do with the unit's cooling capacity. They didn't care. The corroded coils were there when the contract was purchased and they refused to replace the fan motor based on the corroded coils condition. I canceled my contract with them IMMEDIATELY the following morning and am also requesting my original $49.95 returned due to them not honoring our warranty contract by replacing my a/c fan motor.

First American Home Warrantya/c still not repaired after 5 days in phoenix az in june!

The A/C in our home in Phoenix AZ went out on Saturday 6/5/09, we called, got a claim # and the name of 1 technician, Larry...finally reached him Monday afternoon. He came by 2 hours late on Tuesday afternoon and after 5 minutes informed us we would need a new compressor which he couldn't order until First American approved the claim. He also informed us that there would be misc charges totalling apprx. $250.00 over the $55.00 service charge once our AC was repaired. We are now on day 6 with no AC and temperatures hovering around 100 degrees. We have 4 kids ranging from 18 months to 7 years, 4 dogs and 5 cats and the average temperature in our home has been 90 or so degrees. First American keeps changing their info depending on whom we talk to and there never seems to be a supervisor on duty. They assure us the part has been shipped (SHIPPED from WHERE - this is the AC capital of the world, surely they could have found a part here but that would have taken authorization from a SUPERVISOR). Larry will not return our calls and when I spoke to him last on Tuesday, he refused to schedule my appt. for repair until he actually had the part in his hand, even though he is scheduled out 3-4 days. So it looks like I am heading into another weekend without relief. First American will be receiving the medical bills when we are hospitalized for heat exhaustion. My contract is up for renewal this month - don't count on it!!!

• Fa
                                  FAsucks Jul 30, 2009

First American is a useless company. I had an older AC unit and they basically refused to replace the unit. They did everything possible to replace parts to keep it "functional" although it was barely blowing any cold air and my electric bill was over $250. I will never get a warranty plan again. A majority of the time you don't use it...and when you do, they screw you over. They are a total waste of time and money.

• Fu
                                  furiousfather Jun 28, 2009

I am in DFW and have been having the exact same type of issues with First American and with Premiere Air Conditioning since May. I have also talked with Edit, Kathy and LeDonne and they do not call back. They have not called me to initiate appointments. I have had to call their company and hold for great lengths of time for them to find the "work order" and then hound them to get appointments. When they finally sent a crew to replace my furnace, coil and blower, the technicians did not speak english and could not communciate with me. They had issues with cutting off the wiring for a damper control which shut off the vents in my upstairs. They could not repair it and left me with a unit which blew cool air downstairs but nothing upstairs. Apparently the techs did not ever communicate this and I never go the follow up call. I had to hire someone else to fix the wiring. Now two weeks after the replacement my new furnace system blows air only and there is no cooling. My thought is that either they got air in the refrigerant line or left a leak when they tied the system together. I have no cooling at all. I again spoke with First American who said I had to allow Premiere the opportunity to "fix it" even though I insisted on having another company dispatched. Well surprise, Premiere never called me. I called them and was told that the technician would try to come by at the end of his route on Saturday but would call if they could not and would then put me on the schedule for monday. I never got a call. Premiere ACs office has no way to leave messages and often when I call there is no answer or they put you on hold for 15, 30, 45 minutes and seem really surprised if you wait for someone to pick up again. I am furious because Premiere is rated "F" with the Better Business Bureau. I would not have chosen to hire them, and First American states that they screen and verify their contractors. This is very poor service.

• In
                                  indallasandpissed Jun 25, 2009

I am in Dallas, TX, and too, have been without A/C for almost 11 days with a 10 month old at home. Frist American has already condemed our A/C, they've given the contractor the go-ahead, yet I've called the contractor, Premiere Air Conditioning [protected], 6 days in a row, talked with three different people (Kathy, Edith and LeDonne), they all take my name and number, say they'll pull my file and call me back to set an appointment. I called First American, and too, asked for a supervisor and they wouldn't give me one. I talked for almost an 1;30 on the phone with a rep, but to no avail. I think it will take someone dying from heat exhaustion and suing them into insolvency before they will wake up.