Let me start of my saying working with First American Home Buyers Protection Company (FAHBPC) has just been a nightmare when buying and being in our new home should be a wonderful feeling. We moved in November and our realtor forgot to add the home warranty into our closing, she when she had to pay out of pocket she choose this company. First Mistake we learned. We would have researched but seeing how she was paying for the mistake we didn’t think much about. Seeing all the lawsuits against this company and bad reviews and the fact that they are not even in the 10 in consumer affairs, we would have not chosen them.
Our first call was in December of 2015 to FAHBPC because the smell from the bottom of the shower drain was awful and would fill the house. They sent horrible company called advanced Plumbing who literally open the shower door looked down and just told me I need to re-caulk around the drain and that the water was leaking through there. So over the weekend I caulked waited 2 days to use and about a week later same smell, so it was not caulking there is a leak somewhere. Call FAHBPC again and they send the same two stooges out again. They say the same thing again and says there is nothing they can do. So we have a Marble guy come in as our entire shower in marble and he informed us that there are cracks in the Marble. Well you cannot caulk marble on the floor I understand around the drain, so I would expect that the floor of marble is damaged that is something that should be repaired, but if FAHBPC contractors do not say so then the work does not get done. So what am I buying buyer protection for? So two calls, we out of pocket to have someone on our own come and complete the job for us.
Our Third call came here in May 19th TO FAHBPC when we had water running out the bottom of our water heater. Called at 8am, Plumber was the Mr. Rooter, was there about 10amish, Said we need a new water heater and that if he could get the PO that day he could get if fixed. We wouldn’t be out of hot water for even one day but need the PO from the company, which he had already gotten approval to replace. By 4pm they had not received the PO So I called FAHBPC and oh the guy handling didn’t follow procedures and we still need to approve. Yes we approve, we now we have to send it over our purchasing department and it could take up to 24-48 hours for approval. Plumber called again this morning May 20th and still had not received PO. So I called and now they it is a special order and we would be lucky if they can get it my Monday. So that is 5 days at least without water. That’s no baths, for the family in the house, no cooking or cleaning for 5 days at a minimum. Now remember FAHBPC has classified this as an emergency. I asked if we have any more damage done because of the leaking water if they would cover that and they said not they do not cover secondary damage. I am like what a minute, I told you about this within hours and you are taking days on an emergency. So they suggested we shut the water off to the house. We know it can be shut off to the heater but that was their suggestion. Live without water for 5 days. And of course the guys on the phone at FAHBPS have no clue, all I get is we have process and they all take time.
When you call a plumber directly they come out and fix the issue then, there and that day. So why is so difficult for this company to make this happen. Contractor know where to go as he has worked with this company regular and know where they buy there appliances from. He just NEEDS a PO#. I am telling you this has been the worst, I would rather be stressing about how much this would have cost us 100% out of pocket and have it fixed that day then go week or weeks without hot water in our home. By the way they are not covering the repairs 100% either they are only buying the water heater, we have to pay extra because we have a pump that circulates the hot water through the pipes hooked up to ours and they are considering that modified. So we are having to 557.00 in labor and they are replacing worth 900.00.
I am telling you please buyer beware and research. We are now researching other companies and will just be out the money for another 6mo. And pay for an entire new contract else ware. Will try and update once this all has been resolved.