First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Logo

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection

Having problems with First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection?

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Sep 14, 2006. The latest review ice maker was posted on Mar 14, 2021. The latest complaint refusing to replace broken - dangerous pool heater was resolved on Aug 12, 2012. First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 109 reviews. First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection has resolved 41 complaints.

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Customer Service Contacts

+1 888 875 0533 (Consumer Sales)
+1 800 327 9292 (Renewals Department)
+1 800 444 9030 (Real Estate Sales)
+1 800 992 3400 (Service Department)
P.O. Box 7248
Santa Rosa, California

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Customer Service. Initial First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection. Discuss the issues you have had with First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

First American Home Warranty / First American Home Buyers Protection Complaints & Reviews

First Americanunpaid overtime

First American (I.T.) department is under investigation due to a Class Action Lawsuit filed against them. The I.T. division inside First American has made a huge mistake in assuming that everyone who works in I.T. is exempt from overtime. To go even further the management thought they were being sneaky and gave everyone the same title (Analyst) in their job title so they coud work every employee unlimited hours. They are in trouble now as the investigation has turned up that all employees do different jobs and fraud is fraud. Do I hear the sound of cold hard cash? This would net me about 1500 hours of overtime. No wonder H.R. pulled me into a private meeting and asked me to list every single thing I do for an entire day, week and month. I hope First American is found guilty; putting someone on call for 14 days straight and answering a cell phone every hour at night only suceeds in make me one a zombie after three days. I hope they pay through the nose.

First American Home Warranty — cash out option denied

Called for service on a 17 year old dishwasher which did run but did not wash. In essence I had to rewash...

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation — overall lack of service

On May 31 of 2008 we closed on our first home, which was provided with a home warranty from First American...

First American Payment Systemno pay

I was offered a position at the Lansing branch of First American Payment Systems. After working for two almost 3 weeks I was let go. During the duration of my work which consisted of making "cold" calls to businesses across the country, I was "promoted" to another job. Which entailed me to call local businesses and try to set up meetings with my bosses. I also in the time of working here and listening to them complain how people never give this job a chance, got a friend a job. After being there two days and having absolutely NO work, we returned a 3rd day and were told we were BOTH being let go for NO REASON AT ALL. I was told that I would be receiving a check for my 2 weeks work and that they would call me Friday if not Monday. I did not receive calls on either day. I called Monday and Tuesday then drove 1 hour to Lansing from my home in an attempt to collect my check. I called when I was 1/2 hour away, I was told by the "secretary" that she would put me through to my boss. After being on hold for about a minute she hung up. I called back immediately and another (lower) manager answered and I told him I was on my way to pick up my check, then told me that he would have to talk to another manager about where my check was and he would call me back. He never did. I called back and got the "secretary" again and she told me that they did NOT have a check for me in a very snotty tone of voice and hung up. I proceeded to call my boss on his cell phone and after several failed attempts to reach him he left a message on my phone saying "I'm sorry to tell you that we are going bankrupt and are not going to be able to pay you. We're not even getting paid. But if you call me back I'll explain the details and try to help you out personally." He had left the message ONE minute prior. He didn't answer again for another hour. After giving me the run around he told me that he couldn't do anything because David Carter was in a different city. I drove by and pulled in the parking lot to see David Carter look at me get in a van and leave. I am taking full action of the law. This kind of thing is ILLEGAL.

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporationhome warranty company is a fraud

I 100% agree with all the negative complaints. I am going through a very similar experience. My fridge has been broken for the last 3 months. I am on my 3rd repair company, going on the 4th. And still first american refuses to replace. Do not due business with the company! I will write more later with more as to the eventual outcome.

First American Home Warranty — rip off-poor service, taking advantage of customer

First of all the sales representative lied and told me that I could use any contractor that I wanted if i...

First American Home Buyers Protection Corp.home warranty - use another company!

Here's the fax I sent to these American Home Warranty jerks at 3:50 ET this afternoon, at the toll-free fax number for their Pasadena sales office (the only fax number that appears in any of their literature):

To whom it may concern:

I write in reference to Claim/Work Order # 6--------, which I filed with First American Home Buyers Protection on Saturday evening, 28th March, at approximately 7 p.m. ET. I had discovered that my 53-gallon hot-water heater was no longer functioning, and that I was unable to re-light its pilot. I was informed that I wouldn’t hear from your company’s contracted tradesman until “Close of Business” on Monday, the 30th.

I subsequently placed a call Sunday afternoon (29th March) to your contracted tradesman, a “Moore’s Plumbing & Heating, ” at [protected], in hope of expediting a call back from your contractor. None was forthcoming.

When I hadn’t heard anything from your contractor by mid-afternoon of Monday, 30th March, I again called First American Home Buyers. The young man who took my call said the callback from Moore’s Plumbing & Heating would be coming “in a few minutes” (his words). I asked that they please contact me on my mobile phone, so that I’d have no chance of missing their call.

Moore’s Plumbing & Heating called me back, on my house’s land line, at 7:10 p.m. that day. The caller promised that a repairman named “Charles” would be out to the house, between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. on Tuesday, 31st March (the following day), to work on our hot-water heater. My wife agreed to take the afternoon off from work in order to be home in time to let the repairman in.

The repairman couldn’t re-light the pilot, either, and told my wife that the problem was either a bad thermocouple or a fouled gas thermostat regulator. He ordered the needed parts, to be delivered by overnight freight, and instructed us to call Moore’s again when they arrived on Wednesday so as to be placed on their Job board again. I made this call at approximately 1:20 Wednesday afternoon after receiving our overnighted replacement parts. I left a Voicemail message at the same “609” number, on the same Voicemail box with the same man’s voice in its greeting, indicating that I wanted to be placed back on the Moore’s Job board. I asked for a return call, and left my mobile number and my home’s land line number.

When I received no call back from Moore’s Plumbing, AGAIN, I called American Home Buyers, AGAIN, on Thursday, 2nd April. This time I spoke with a “Linda, ” who placed me on “hold” and called Moore’s. When she got back on the line with me, Linda said that the man at Moore’s had “been eating lunch” when I called his company the previous day, and hadn’t gotten the call. I was assured that my repairs were “back on” the Moore’s Plumbing “Job board” (a term I gleaned from my conversation with Linda, and am now using in this correspondence with American Home Buyers). I was also told to expect a repair tech between “one p.m. and four p.m.” on Friday, 3rd April.

This has constituted an unconscionable and inexcusable delay in rendering a service that I was assured, upon reviewing your marketing literature in detail and forking over my $510 in Premium, would be simple and timely. As I told “Linda, ” the only reason American Home Buyers hasn’t been contacted by my proxy demanding the immediate refund of my premium is, this dragged-out headache didn’t transpire in December, or January, or February (when outside temperatures in this area of the mid-Atlantic region hover around the 20-degree mark!). However, we are STILL without hot water for dishwashing . . . STILL without hot water for laundry . . . and we are STILL taking cold showers to go to work in the morning . . . FOR NIGH ON A FULL WEEK.

Friday the 3rd is TODAY. And today’s “1:00-400 p.m. ET” arrival window expires in ten (10) minutes.

I’d recommend you have a plumbing/heating repair truck in front of my house immediately. (“Immediately, ” in this situation, means “now.”)

I’d also be interested in hearing just exactly what type of a sucker or a ### you take me for.

. . . . And I signed it. I didn't hear a damn thing. So I called AHBP again(!), and was told that the repairman is "running an hour late . . . . " An hour late?! At 5:40 p.m. on a Friday, he's running "an hour late?!" For what? Happy hour?

• El
            elaine wellman Apr 18, 2011

I am so sorry I paid for this home warranty garbage plan. I also will fill a complaint with the BBB. I will request my payment returned to me ASAP and will apply for another home warranty with a reliable company.

• Ca
            C. A Jul 28, 2010

I purchased the home warranty protection with 1st American, upon the suggestion of my realtor. I filed 3 separate claims over the 1st few mths, not surprising as the house was built in 1977 & a foreclosure. The claims were:
            1- electrical stemming around what turned out to be a ceiling fan. the guy they sent out said he saw nothing wrong. I hired an electrician, who upon removing the fan immediately said the motor was extremely hot & the fan needed replacing, which he did
            2- my upstairs air condition, set to hold at 82º, changes degrees itself 3 or 4 nights a week to 78º, 67º, or 55º. The repair guy said something like ‘I don’t see anything wrong & if I don’t see it then there is nothing wrong’ & actually asked if I was sure. To which I pointed out the degrees change at night & apparently it is the thermostat. He repeated there was nothing wrong & it was just my imagination
            3- pool valves can not be turned. according to my previous pool guy were rusted from age & lack of use. He is a rather strong guy & could barely turn 1 or 2 of the 5. I’m a female 63 yrs old & can’t even budge them. The repair guy 1st American sent went back & said he had no problem opening & closing the valves, which was not true. I stood there watching his attempts & he told me “these valves are very old, put in when the pool was first install, which is probably about 25 or 30 yrs old. We will have to take them out & put in the newer types of valves”.

All claims were denied!! So I filed a complaint with the BBB (better business bureau)

• Ca
            C. A Jul 28, 2010

Staying at home all day does not warrant them to show up. Yes that happened to me. Another time I called FAHBP to file a claim on a Thursday...this was the first one. They said I'll hear from the repair company by Friday. On Monday I called again and they suggested I call the repair company. I did and was told they didn't have any order. So back to FAHBP only to be told the repair company lied and they'd contact them again. Finally the following Monday the guy comes out. The problem was that I have my air conditioner set on 82, but about 3 nites a week it will adjust itself to 78, 67 or 55. The repair guy said "if I can see what it is doing then I can't fix it". I almost feel through the floor. Then I suggested he come over every night and wait for it to change the degrees itself. He said "I'm not going to do that" to which I said 'exactly and now get out of my house'. I called FAHBP back and told them the situation. They called me back a few days later and said my claim was denied because there was no visible signs of a problem. I went through the roof and told them had explained right from the beginning this happens at night. I've had repair people referred by FAHBP 3 times and they were all idiots. Two, who were here at separate times, didn't see a problem regarding electrical that seemed to be centered around a ceiling fan. Yet, when I hired an electrician not via FAHBP, he removed the blades then took down the base and immediately said "the motor is very hot and that is what is causing the sparks. You need to put in a new fan". I got the fan, he came back, installed it and charged me $50.00 for both his trips and work. Yet, I paid $60.00 2 times and got no where. Now, the guy, who knows what he is doing is my permanent electrician. I am very seriously planning on suing FAHBP because they have not complied with their contract to provide services; let alone 'good' services. And while you are on hold with FAHBP they talk about how thoroughly they screen their service companies. Bologna!!! I could do better and I'm not knowledgeable about electrical or air conditioners except how to turn them on and off.

• La
            laifu Apr 27, 2009

First American Home Buyers Protection Corp- awful! will not renew the contract!
            We had really terrible experience with First American Home Buyers Protection Corp-
            Terrible custom service : long waiting time before talking to someone (at least 15 mins) and e-mail even worse- two days to receive a response
            Long service time window difficult for working couples: can you imagine for this wide time window 12-6 and this is what we got for using this company. We guess only if you stay at home whole day, then you can use this company!
            Hiding the result so could avoid the obligation: This company changed the story the plumber told us so they could avoid some obligation to fix our problem
            Too many uncovered things: If so many uncovered items, why do we need the coverage for?

First American Home Buyers Protection — denial of all claims

I purchased the expanded coverage. After taking possesion of the house, the register was gone from the ga...

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporation — unresponsive to request for service

This is the WORST company I have ever dealt with and encourage anyone reading this to immediately cancel any...

First American Home Protectionterrible experience

I am a Realtor whose client is also my sister. She has a home warranty with First American Home Protection and has renewed for the last couple of years since she moved into her condo. Saturday, December 27th, my sister called the warranty company because she woke with no hot water. They told her someone would be out the following day. The following day the plumbing company called and said that they don't do service calls on Sunday's that she would have to wait until Monday afternoon. She called the warranty company back and explained that she could not take the following afternoon off as she works for a doctor's office and she has to schedule her time 2 weeks in advance. They suggested that she heat some water on the stove.

After her calling and advising me what they said I then placed a call to the warranty company. They told me that this was not an emergency situation and that she would have to wait. My husband and I then left an event we were attending so that my husband could go see what was wrong with her hot water heater. In a nutshell, my husband replaced both heating elements and both thermostats.

I contacted the area manager, Terry Armstrong and he apologized and said that he would see what he could do to reimburse my sister for the parts for the hot water heater. I gave him her info and he never contacted her.

New Years Eve she called to tell me that water was running and the Pop Off Valve was allowing water to escape from the hot water heater. My husband told her where to turn off the water and she then called the warranty company again. Once again, she was told that she would have to wait until the following Saturday, January 3rd. I again contacted Terry and he contacted the sales support at the warranty company. He told me that they would be contacting both my sister and myself. They called at 5:30pm and told me and my sister that they had 2 hours and then after that we would be allowed to get our own plumber.

The next day on New Years Day, they denied that and stated that they couldn't find anyone else to take the call that they were all busy. I informed the claim representative that I know numerous plumbers and that in fact most were laying off because of the housing issues in our area. We still had to wait.

The plumber showed up and advised her that the thermostats were set too high (135 degrees) and that state law requires 120 degrees. He also told her that her water pressure was too high but he could install a pressure reducing valve for her for $379. We advised her that we would have to call the local water department to have them test the pressure on the city side of the meter and see if there had been any pressure increases in her area since this just started.

The plumber called the warranty company and the next thing we know he is telling us that the claim is being denied but he didn't know on what grounds. The grounds were 'misuse' of an appliance due to the water temperature being set too high and the water pressure being too high.

If the warranty company would have dispatched someone out immediately then the thermostat issue would never have been an issue. Also, there is not a state law that any of the plumbers are aware of and they all have told me that 140 degrees is typical.

My sister needs a new Pop Off Valve and I am waiting to hear from the water department to see if she does need a Pressure Reducing Valve. I guess the family will have to pitch in to pay for that too.

jacklyn Hayempour Sep 13, 2010

First american did the same to me.My electricity power box jumped on saturday.Half of my house had no electricity.I called Sat nite and asked for emergency help.Some woman called 3 hours later.Asking why it was emergency!!!She said put fans in the babys room and lamps with cords to light up the bathrooms!
              They are TERRIBLE.
              I had the stay home on Jewish new years day and wait for the electrician.As much as I explained to them that I reallly had to go to the temple and if they could come in the afternoon, they refused to cooporate with me.
              They are the most terrible home waranty company.

First American Home Warranty — desired temperatures

My problem began a year ago November. I called to report a problem with my heater. It took a lot of red tape...

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporationthey lie to you - not everything is covered.

On Aug 25th, a repair serviceman appointed by First American looked at my heating unit and told me that he could not fix because it was still under warranty. I had to pay $55 just for this person to tell me he couldn't help me. Then I called First American. I was told that I should call the company covering the warranty to get it fixed. When asked if I have to pay another $55 to that company, I was told that I only pay $55 for each claim. Everything above that would be paid by First American. I sent my invoices on 09/05/08 to dicsover few days later they didn't have it. So I faxed these again, only to discover on 10/7/08 that they still haven't been processed. The CSA I spoke to (Carolina) said she had no idea why this wasn't processed. Today morning I received a call from them saying they will only pay for $165 from the total of $279.05. When I asked if they had a complaints department, the person I spoke with told me that they didn't have a complaints department and I could only talk to her. She would not let me speak and hung up on me.

I tried to register a complaint on their website but there is no link to do that. You can only register service calls.

• 1s
                1STHOMEWARRANTY SUCKS Jan 15, 2013

They have the worst customer service ever. I've opened a claim Monday early morning. They say the field tech will contact me to schedule an appointment. No one ever called me. Tech shows up unexpected Tuesday noon. He takes the $60 copay and leaves and doesn't ever call back for updates, nothing! He's supposed to fix the water heater AND garbage disposal and claimed he was never informed about the garbage disposal. I spoke to 4 diff agents to confirm if 2 services will be done under one copay, they all said YES. The other reason I called 4 different agents during a 3 day period is because First Home never calls me to update what's going on because the contractor has never called me either. It was a phone chasing game. Had to repeat my story over and over to 4 different agents, 3 other supervisors just to follow up on my claim. Then to find out later at the 5th day that not everything is covered and will have to pay $900 out of pocket. I pay every month for years and the one time i call for a claim, I experience the WORST communication there is AND I have to pay extra out of pocket after years of paying on time. Earthquake straps for a water heater are only $15-20. They were charging me $100 AND MORE DOWN THE LIST. For my first claim, I basically will pay $3, 000 for the water heater because of the 24 months I've been paying them monthly on PLUS the extra $900 out of pocket. Insurance and warranty companies are the worst corrupt businesses. They rob you more than helping you.

First American Home Warrantyfirst american home warranty rip off

First American Home Warranty let my family sit in a dark and potentially dangerous house for nearly two weeks while they sat on their hands doing nothing but making up excuses. After two weeks and two visits by their technician they have denied the claim.

Both electricians said the riser (metal pipe) had broke free from our meter box and allowed rain in. The rain shorted the line out and a new meter box was necessary.

First American Home Warranty says it is not normal wear and tear and denied the claim.

After two weeks of jerking us around they leave us holding the bag while they re-define the English language. Normal wear and tear? Why wouldn’t it be normal wear and tear? It’s a thin box of pot metal that’s been exposed to the elements for years. That box is certainly over twenty years old. What’s normal? Should it last a thirty years? Fifty? Perhaps a century?

joewhite Aug 13, 2010

I know an attorney preparing to sue this company now. If you have had a difficult time with this company, I would suggest you contact him at [protected] or email him at [email protected]

• Ti
                  timothy Feb 13, 2009

The First American Home Warranty Plan is under investigation by a law firm

I just found that a law firm that is currently investigating the home warranty plans of First American Home for potential consumer claims for wrongfully denying consumer claims!

The law firm said that they want to talk to both consumers who have purchased First American Home Warranty Co.'s home warranty plans and independent contractors who used to work for First American Home Warranty Co.

If you are interested email me and I can get you in touch with them: [email protected]

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporationva inspection not good enough??

On Aug 15th I bought a house. The seller Purchased this Home Warranty Protection for me for 399 dollars for the year. According to the contract for a 60 dollar service call they would send someone out to fix whatever was covered and that would be it.
                Two weeks later my Gas hot water heater started leaking. I called the warranty company and they sent out a plumber that looked like he was high on something. He briefly looked at the heater and then left and called them on the phone. A half hour later he came back and told me that they would not cover the water heater as it appeared that it had rust and therefore was pre-existing (the contract says nothing about Pre-existing instead says items are covered from day one). The rep on the phone when I called said it would be covered, then they changed thier mind. The plumber they sent said his company could fix it but I would be better off using someone else as his company would cost about 2, 000 dollars to replace the water heater and bring it all up to code. Since there is no way someone who appeared to be impaired was going to work on my house I paid him his 60 dollar fee and sent him away. I called a reputable company here in Amarillo (Thank you Franks Plumbing you guys are awesome) and they came right out the next day even though it was a holiday weekend and fixed the whole thing from the ground through the roof and only charged me 1685 dollars. A full 300 less than the other company quoted.
                Needless to say I called my realtor and complained about this (in my opinion SCAM) home warranty company and asked him to stop sending his buyers and sellers to them. He called this company and complained then they called me and said they would cover my claim. I told them I would send them a copy of my invoice from Franks Plumbing. Thier resopnse was "oh you already had it fixed?" I told them that of course I had it fixed as I wasnt going to live in a house with a sick baby and no hot water. So I faxed them the invoice, and a week later they asked for a copy of my home inspection. I faxed that in as well. It was a VA inspection that clearly stated that the house had been remodeled and there were "no deficiencies". Then this scam company proceeded to tell me that the inspection report was not "detailed enough". And denied the claim. I again called the realtor and complained. I also told the realtor that I was going to call the VA, the BBB and anyone else who would listen and tell them my story. After a couple weeks the warranty company sent me a check for 500 dollars as a "courtesy". The check should have been for over 1000 dollars as only about 600 dollars of the repair was not covered per the contract. Needless to say I now am going to see if there is any way to get a pro-rata refund back to the seller, and I am going to call the VA and see if I can get them in on it since this company seems to think that the VA doesnt know what they are doing although any veteran will tell you that they are very thorough and if there are any deficiencies they will note them on the inspection and insist that the seller fix them like they did with the last house I bought. Perhaps this is a way they can scam veterans?? That is certainly how I feel. Needless to say this company hasnt heard the last of me. If I can keep a few people from being scammed by making some noise then that is what I am going to do. They may think they just saved some money by scamming this veteran, but this vet has a big mouth.

• Da
                    Dan Flynn Oct 19, 2011

I am having similar problems, I have talked to several operators and two have been very courteous and the others flat out rude and refusing to help. It seems they have no one in my area to fix my septic system and they want me to call someone and pay them and let the warranty pay me back.. not today not ever, I have called 8 local contractors and when they find out its first american home buyers protection corporation they say that they cant help me. One guy told me I will do it but if they dont pay me I am coming to get the parts. I have a 2 year old and my wife is 8 months pregnant and we are rationing water to prevent a back up. this company is a scam and it needs to be shut down.
                    Dan Flynn Vidor Texas

• Mi
                    Miq2u Jun 17, 2010

I had trouble with the same company last year and was going to change when a rep from the company called and said that he apologizes and sometimes that happens, and that it would not happen again. Here I am again in nearly the same situation. I would like to personally warn EVERYONE against this group!

First American Home Warrantydo not do business with this company!!!

Never do business with this company!!! 4 plumbers visits and an electrician visit and I still don’t have hot water after over a month from the initial claim filing. Now they are saying that the unit was installed improperly outdoors and wasn’t maintained, but I checked the tankless heater installation manual online, and everything was done properly.

The service is terrible, it takes months to get resolution on claims, and they’ll just lie to you to keep from having to pay for repairs or (god forbid!) replacement. Meanwhile they’ve paid to have 5 contractors come and look at the problem, file reports, and still haven’t fixed the problem. If they sent a competent plumber the first time, perhaps they’d be willing to pay, but now I think they’re trying to cut their losses for their own bad management and incompetent contractors! I repeat, never do business with this company!!!

• Vi
                      Victoria Mar 24, 2009

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!!! HOW CAN A COMPANY LIKE THEM GET AWAY WITH SCAMMING PEOPLE! !!!
                      We bought a house last year and we were referred a real estate agent, paid her the money top sign up. we had a clogged pipe and my husband removed the sink to see where the problem was, and it turned out it was the pipe inside the wall. We called, filed a claim and this abrasive, rude rep/wanna be manager who did not wanted to listen to our story told my husband he tempered with the pipe therefore they would not want to repair it and declined the claim.

• Bi
                      Binod Basnet Feb 25, 2009

3 weeks ago my heating system started making loud noises and I called my home warranty company (Nationwide home warranty) to have someone come out and fix the noise. Nationwide home warranty send out a technician who looked and decided to be replaced some parts. The technician called nationwide home warranty and discussing the issue with nationwide home warranty come in and said that they would need maintenance record for the heating system before approving the repairs. I just bought house 5 years ago after that I never done any repair, every month I changed filter my self, now, how do I provide them maintenance record. Now they denied the claim because there is no maintenance record. Now I don’t have enough money to fix my heating system, I’m leaving without heat. This Nationwide home warranty company has terrible service and makes it a practice to make repairs difficult or impossible to discourage payouts. Please stay away from Nationwide home warranty company, find some other which is more reputable. I paid them $488.78 for nothings. This company rep off me.

First Americanwatch out

I was working for this company for about a while, and all of the sudden they made a doping test and they told me I came out positive, which I was really sure I wasn't and then they just fired me, we worked for an outsourced part of the company for 3 dollars per hour, stressed out as ***, we use to access people's personal information without them even knowing, which is illegal in the USA, we went through Social Security numbers, addresses, and even their loan status... It was really stressing and to reach an incentive of as maximum 30 dollars we had to provide loan status for about 300 loans perfectly. So anyone who's loans are with EMC, Option One, Indymac Bank, and a bunch of others...you should better know what are they doing with your personal information and even credit reports...WATCH OUT... First American is First Fraud...!! *** em'

First American Home Buyers Protection Corporationextremely bad service/ ripoff

Very bad service and incompetence all over the place. They do an extremely poor job with follow up and documenting their service tickets. The reps sometimes don't make any notes about your calls! I am now on my second claim and see the same pattern repeated. The first time I was without A/C for 2 weeks in the middle of the summer during a heat wave, now I am waiting a week for refrigerator! I can only warn: don't sign up with this company. I will not extend my coverage.

• Sh
                          Shafer Aug 03, 2009

Every time we call in a claim on this company the service is irreprehensible. We are now waiting on a hot water heater that was supposed to be in last week and oh guess what they sent it to the wrong address...yeah right. I have gotten where I do not believe a word they say. Every time you call them you are contradicted and told another story. I have never dealt with a home warranty company before but if this is any indication of how they operate then you can count me out in the the future. No hot water for over a week now.

Johnny Phillips Jul 15, 2008

I just had a stopped up sink that my a/c condensation line ran to. The condensation was overflowing over the sink. They made me two claims, 1 for the plumbing and 1 for the a/c. The a/c guy showed up first. and checked the freon, and stated my unit was never cleaned and needed to be replaced. He asked for his $60 and denied the claim. The plumber showed up and fix the condensation line for the a/c guy and repaired the plumbing and didn't even want his $60 check. I think the a/c guy sabatoged my unit by release the freon. It immediately started to feel hot that evening and by today its roasting. I have my own tech coming out to take a look at what might have happened. He even stated that some a/c guys do this old trick. I have already alerted First American and they are supposed to send another tech out. TO be Cont.

maria Jul 02, 2008

I totaly agree this company has the worse service!!!
                          I have been waiting for 3 weeks now to have my A/C to be replace and still no call from anybody from this company nor the contractor. Every time I have called for status, I stay on the phone for over an hour and still no answer to my problem!!!

First American Home Warrantynot a warranty at all

This warranty company is plain and simple a scam. I have dutifully paid their premiums and when my furnace broke. Their answer was: it was improperly installed so they will not fix it as it was not covered as the contract stated. Their claim analyst even had the audacity to tell me which exact paragraph on the contract to look at to review. Let me tell you, no regular homeowner will go up their attic to see if their furnace is properly installed. That is exactly the reason why I purchased a home warranty! Because I do not know how my house was built! DO NOT BUY! THEY WILL JUST TAKE YOUR MONEY AND CAUSE YOU UNDUE STRESS.

• Ou
                            OU_OKIE Jul 22, 2011

I guess I'm not an average home owner, and that is something that your home appraiser should have caught. Depending upon how long ago it was that you purchased your house & if you indeed had it appraised you might still have legal grounds to have them repair it.

First American Home Warranty — Failure to respond, credit fraudulent charge

This company is staffed by incompetent bozos. This story is the last straw: They incorrectly charged me...

First American Home Buyers Protectionno service!

I have been without A/C for two weeks. Temperatures have been upper 80's, this week 90's and will be 100's by tomorrow. Apparently, the part needed is not available and First American says they are trying to find the part. 2 weeks is unacceptable. Additionally, I am a renter my family's health is in jeopardy as the three of us have separate illnesses that require indoor climate control. We are all becoming sick because of the heat and dust entering our home and it is totally unbearable. My fish are even dying and I have to ice them down at least 2 times an evening.

I need help now. What can I do about all this inconvenience and the cost of medical treatment because of lack of concern?

• Fe
                              Feleshia Finklea Aug 19, 2008

If anyone has had issues with First American Home Buyers; especially plumbing Home Buyers; please email me your story at [email protected]

• Da
                              David Grossman Aug 24, 2007

Called about our doorbell not working in early July 2007. It is August 24th and the problem has not been resolved. Three visits have been scheduled. I have been here for all three. All three of these times I was contacted. The first time they showed up, but the tech. had no idea what he was doing and after 2 hours got frustrated because he could not find the transformer and said he could not completely figure out the problem- he suggested a wireless chime. I explained that I was paying for an insurance policy to fix my hardwire doorbell and that is what I expected (meanwhile a lost day of work).

I received a follow up call from 1st Home, I indicated the problem was not resolved and I expected to hear from them in a day or two. 2 weeks later I called 1st and said my problem still is not resolved. They dispatched the same person who refused to help fix the problem (another lost day of work). I requested someone else. Two weeks later the tech calls a different guy. I explain the problem, he says he needs to get authorization (I thought this would have been clarified when the appointment was made with R and R Electronics out of Orlando, FL- stay away from these folks). He calls back and says he can no longer come out to fix the problem (another lost day of work).

Now I am on the phone with 1st. By the way I have called several times and I average 50 minutes of hold time- each time. Not to mention the two times they disconnected me. They being the supervisors at 1st.

$300+ a year... what a waste. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR STAY AWAY FROM 1st American.

Happy to discuss this with anyone.