Having problems with Fido?

Fido reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 19, 2007. The latest review Unlocking a phone. was posted on Sep 20, 2021. The latest complaint Galaxy S20 FE 5G was resolved on Aug 13, 2021. Fido has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 209 reviews. Fido has resolved 162 complaints.

Fido Customer Service Contacts

611 (Mobile Services (From Fido Phone)
388 (Internet Services (From Fido Phone)
+1 888 481 3436 (Mobile Services)
+1 888 236 3436 (Internet Services)
+1 514 933 3436 (United States)
+1 514 925 4590 (International)
+1 866 888 3436 (Mandarin and Cantonese)
800 De La Gauchetière Street West, Suite 4000
Thu8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Sat9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sun9:00 AM - 5:00 PM

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Fido Customer Service. Initial Fido complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Fido above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Fido. Discuss the issues you have had with Fido and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Fido Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

FIDOCustomer service not cool

I've been with Fido for over 6 years when Bell gave a better offer. One week after signing with new provider Fido contact me and offered me a very nice deal and I said: "yes, I want to go back to Fido.".
Then nothing happened. I have called Fido few times but it looks like no one is able to proceed with my request. It's been a while waiting for Fido to take an action.

• Fido's response · Mar 16, 2021

HI there Rodrigo!

We would sure be happy to have you back! Please reach us out in private on either Facebook Messenger or Twitter so that we can follow up on your situation and assist you with that. We hope to talk to you soon!

• Updated by Rodrigo Coube · Mar 16, 2021

Hi there,

every time I call Fido they say there is nothing they can do. How many times do I have to request Fido to call me?

Regards

FIDODeposit paid while activating new service

I paid deposit while activating my new fido number they said that they will pay me back after a year I didn't receive the same and now when I am trying to het it back they are saying I didn't pay them any deposits while it shows me on my service agreement.

They are jus concern about that there system doesn't show anything like that but what about my service agreement which is still showing.

• Fido's response · Mar 12, 2021

Hi there Jidnyasa!

If you paid a deposit when you first opened your account, it'll be reimbursed to you depending on your situation. You can send us a private message over Facebook Messenger or Twitter so that we can give you all the details and sort this out with you. Talk to you soon!

FIDOBilling issue

I am a long time customer of Fido. I received a message from Fido indicating that I was running low on minutes as I only had 460 minutes in total on my plan. I decided to upgrade my plan to unlimited minutes which I did on line as many of Fido sites indicated it should be done that way. However, when I got my bill I was charged over $30.00 extra for minutes that I used??. I called customer service and was told it was because I changed the plan and the old plan didn't cover these minutes?? I was told that because I did this on line they could not reverse these charges. I followed their instructions and was still penalized. Companies that manipulate seniors should not be trusted in my opinion. I know it is not a large amount but customer service would not address this issue and told me it is always done this way. Very very poor way to treat a customer

• Fido's response · Feb 22, 2021

Hey Pat,

We can totally understand that it can be surprising to receive a bill that is higher than expected. If you still have questions about your invoice or would like us to take a second look into this for you, you can reach out to us through any of the options found on the Contact Us page on our Fido.ca website.

-FidoPierre

Feb 18, 2021

FIDO — Customer care and new phone plans

I am a loyalty member for over 20 years and have referred over 6 customers during this time. I have...

FIDOMobile data plan huge extra charges

Dear Sir,

Sub: Fido service for number [protected]

I had two mobile plans with Fido, after about a year in plan Fido offered a free Samsung tablet to me.

After the both mobile plans were over, they continued charging me 15 dollars tab for the tablet. I called them about 5 months back and they told my tablet tab is balance and i would have to pay it off for another 5-6 months. Since I was using the tablet at home using wifi connection, I requested them to send me a SIM card for data only plan. They offered me 3 GB data only plan for 15 dollars, whereas there regular data only plan was 4 GB for 10 dollars.

After I installed the Fido SIM card on my old phone, my wife continued using the phone and made some calls within Canada, surprising it was going. I was told earlier by Fido representative that it is a data only SIM card and it wouldn't allow voice calls.

Today on feb 4, 2021 I called Fido to check when my Fido tablet data only plan is getting over and discovered that they have charged me CAD $1235 (one thousand two hundred thirty five dollars) extra for voice calls (outgoing and incoming ) and texts within Canada. The customer represtative name of Fido was Kunal (employee no# 69258). I requested him to consider reasonable charges for voice calls and texts and offered to pay the amount of unlimited Canada wide calling and texting plan. He refused to consider that and told there is nothing he could do in this regard.

As the extra charges for voice calling / receiving and text within Canada is obviously several times higher than the normal rates, I feel they have just extorted the money out of my bank account through a registered credit card.

I request you to please look in to the case and resolve it at the earliest. Please let me know if you need any further information / clarifications.

Thanks & Regards,

Akshat Agrawal
        232 Cougar Ridge Dr SW
        Calgary, AB
        Canada, T3H 4X2
        Mob: [protected]

• Fido's response · Feb 06, 2021

Hi there Akshat!

Please reach us out on either Facebook Messenger or Twitter in private for assistance regarding your situation. Also please avoid posting your personnal information as it will be accessible to the public! We hope to hear from you soon.

• Updated by Akshat08 · Feb 06, 2021

Thanks for the feedback. Please share your Facebook link.

• Fido's response · Feb 09, 2021

Here are all the ways for you to reach us out so that you can choose what suits you best:

Feb 01, 2021

Fido Customer Service — Kiosk customer service

I've been on hold for an hour and still continuing now by the fido customer service down by superstore...

Vancouver
          Dec 26, 2020

FIDO — Billing and service

I am writing today about the worst experience I have ever had with fido. In November I was a victim of phone...

FIDOUnresolved wrong narration on my credit report file by FIDO/negative credit report

Good day,

I hope you are doing great and everything coming on well with you?

I was thinking since the last time I brought this human error from FIDO that has dented my credit was brought to your account in /JulyAugust 2020 everything ought to have been resolved by now but to no avail as I have just be declined another credit because of this mistake of FIDO.

PLEASE, FOR THE UPTEENTH TIME, HAND THIS REQUEST TO AN EXPERT IN YOUR OFFICE FOR AN IMMEDIATE RESOLUTION AND COMPLETE REMOVAL FROM MY CREDIT RATING.

I have discussed this extensively with both Transunion and Equifax, both credit bureaus reiterated the fact that FIDO is the only organization that can correct this error made by FIDO.

If again, after this last email, my request for removing this late payment of 60-89 days late payment (which never happened) is not removed from my credit rating I shall be seeking appropriate redress in a court of law.

• Updated by Akhigbe · Dec 21, 2020

Urgently remove the negative credit report created by your company-FIDO from my credit rating

Comments

• Fido's response · Jan 13, 2021

Hey there Akhigbe,

We're sorry for this situation. Please send us a private message on either Facebook or Twitter so that we can access your account securely and investigate this for you. We hope to talk to you soon.

- Van

FIDOAll service and customer service

I have been with Fido since 1998, I never really had any problems till this year. I went to renew my 2 year contract and was expecting the same plan with a new phone, boy was I wrong first off I went to a location where they told me they could not access my account due to my ID being a different name, which by the way is the same ID I used to open my account in 1998. Which made me upset, then when I asked to see a manager the employee told me the "manager will tell you the same thing" to which I said you aren't even going to call him over. Again he said the manager would tell me the same thing. I left with no help. I called on my phone to be placed on hold for 30min. After speaking to someone that was useless and could not help, I asked to speak to a manager on the phone they said it would at least 45 min. After waiting all that time, I spoke with a manager and she looked up my extensive history, and told me the best she could do is give me a $45 plan and I would have to pay for a phone on top which would put me at $65-$75 after taxes. I explained I was not working due to the pandemic, and I could not afford a plan that expensive. They said thats all they could do. They said that it was the cheapest plan the have. So I shopped around and found shaw which is way cheaper. They have no respect for long term customers and when they sent me the last bill they did nit even include a invoice to actually show me the breakdown so they can charge me service fees to transfer over to a new carrier.

I am telling now leave FIDO and let them sink, they do not deserve your hard earned money, or any sympathy they are doing to them selves.

Hey there Dan!

Our financing program changed from plans that included both the service and financing amount together to a model where you are charged for the services and financing separately on the invoice. It explains why you needed to change your plan or else you would be charged twice for the financing!

If you still have access to your account online, you'll be able to access your bills from there and review the charges in details.

We're sad to see you go, but if you still have unresolved situations, please don't hesitate to reach us out in private on either Facebook or Twitter for assistance!

Dec 02, 2020

FIDO — Overcharging

I have a monthly pay as you go with Fido for $10. For the last three months they have taken out over $40 each...

Nov 28, 2020

FIDO — Phone roaming charges

My phone is [protected] - Sharon L. Mason - I have been billed Roaming charges of $464 when I only used...

North Vancouver

FIDORefund

I have called Fido customer service many times. I left Fido 2 years ago. Waiting for my refund My phone number: [protected] My e-mail: ue.70 @ yahoo.com My address: 36 Santa Amato cres Thornhill L4J OE9 Ontario

Hey there!

We replied to your other complaint.

Please delete or edit out your information for your own security and reach us out in private on either Facebook or Twitter for assistance!

FIDORefund

I called fido customer service many times. I left Fido 2 years ago. I'm waiting for my refund
                My phone number: [protected]
                My email: ue.[protected]@ yahoo.com
                My address: 36 Santa Amato cres Thornhill
                L4J 0E9 Ontario

Hey there Ercan!

We understand that you are waiting for a refund following your account's closure and we'll be able to assist you with that. Reach us out on Facebook or Twitter in private to start things up.

That said, please do not post your personnal information here where it'll be visible for everyone. We would advise you to edit out those information as soon as possible!

- Van

FIDOOver charge for something we did not use

Fido charged me for overage data for $50 when we never do this. We have been customers of Fido since 2006 and now suddenly we see ourselves being charged for apps that we did not purchase and overage data that we never go over. I have tried to contact them many times. For the apps they have reimbursed me after many calls but for the overage data they still have not. They can't even explain what the overage data we went above. Their supervisor was supposed to contact me after verifying on their end, which he did so twice to let me know he is still investigating but since then, which was about 3 weeks ago, they have not contacted me at all nor reimbursed my money.

• Updated by Mahomed Taibo · Nov 24, 2020

I am too tired of keep calling them to no avail. Enough is enough. I will consider these absurd charges as a breach of my contract. The worst is they can't even explain the charges when I call them yet they don't care and charge you whether you accept it or not. The burden is on me to prove otherwise whilst once again they can't even explain the extra charges. In another words it is a win-win for them as they just charge you with no hopes of resolving the problem.

Hey there Mahomed,

We're sorry if a follow up was never done with you about those overages. Please reach us out on either Facebook or Twitter if your situation is still not resolved. We want to make sure this situation will never happen again.

FIDOOrdering a replacement device

i ordered my samsung S10 phone on July 22nd after losing mine .
                    The agent told me they had certified preowned in stock and would i like to save some money that way.i agreed and was told 3 business days for delivery.
                    After 7 days I began calling to find out what was happening and was to
                    ld by several agents that the order had been read and it was at the warehouse.
                    On August 4th I called and was told there were none in stock and thats why i had not yet received it.
                    If not for the recomendation of your staff i would have ordered the new one and i would have my phone'.
                    Yesterday I changed my order to a new one.
                    In total thats 15 days without a phone, t
                    13 of them since I ordered my replacement.
                    Now I am being told up to 7 days for delivery.
                    I will be paying for a month of service that did not receive.
                    This whole affair has been causing me undue stress.
                    I am hoping Fido will do something to alleviate this

• Fido's response · Aug 07, 2020

Hey Linda,

We understand how it is important to stay connected during these times. Send us a private message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter so that we can review your situation together. We're here to assist you!

- Van

FIDOAbout financed device plan. Fraud in billing and plan. Making a false promises.

I came back to Fido (Win back offer) phone + device plan. Over the call it said a different finance plan for the device but in bill its showing up as higher price. Its just so frustrating to get it clarified with the operators even though calling them several time.
                      Every month I need to spend at least 10 hours to explain issue with the billing and about my credits.
                      They didn't keep the plan what we discussed over the call. I never expected this from Fido, with this type of customer services.
                      Now, they are saying we can't offer you what you discussed with our operators. I am in 24 months contract plan, so its really disheartening to still continue with FIDO. I was really satisfied with my previous operator which provided me better plan and service.
                      Really, I future I will never ever recommend anyone to opt for FIDO service.

• Fido's response · Aug 07, 2020

Hey there!

We're sorry about the experience we have provided you as this is not really what we want to read. That said, send us a private message on Facebook Messenger or Twitter so that we can review your situation together. We want to turn this around for you.

• Za
                          zazoung Sep 21, 2020

Hi same here. I'm really mad, and at Fido. I went to buy a prepaid line as I didn't know how long I was staying in Canada. The employee at Fido said they didn't have prepaid lines but offered a plan at 35 dollars (plus tax) for every month, and said I could stop my subscription anytime and that I would never pay more. I agreed after she made the promise repeatedly (I wasn't going to chose an option with more to pay). she showed me a paper with 35 dol and circled 40 (saying this is with tax).
                          She made me sign a contract that I didn't fully see (distance board because of Covid 19) and I trusted her explanations. She said I would even be notified when I exceed 50 dollars . Just a few days later I received a 88 dollars bill, without prior notice and discovered she made me sign on a subscription paiement she never mentioned (it was an extra 40 dollars she circled pretending it was 35 with tax).
                          What a manipulative way of treating their clients ! I have zero trust in that company and will advise all my friends (and many of them living abroad are coming back to Canada soon ) to avoid it.

• Fido Solutions Sep 28, 2020

@zazoung Hey Zazoung!

We're very sorry to hear this, it's not right and it's not the kind of experience we would want for any of our customers. We do have prepaid lines if that's what you're looking for and we would love to have the opportunity to rectify this situation with you.

Please send us a message on Facebook or Twitter, we'll look into what happened together and we'll find a solution!

- Alex

Jul 29, 2020

FIDO — Two new phones

Contacting Fido regarding the 2 phones I ordered I wanted to replace my two phones that I have so I wa...

Apr 16, 2020

Fido Canada — Unauthorized and unjustified charges for data roaming

Re: FIDO - Unauthorized and unjustified charges for data roaming. I was charged for roaming during a 14 day...

Feb 27, 2020

FIDO — mobile phone service

Fido lures with fake offer and then cheats customers. I'm totally aghast by how I was duped into getting...

Dec 17, 2019

FIDO — charges on my line

I got my line on Friday 29th Nov 2019 from Sales guy called Ali at Best Buy # 926, Missisauga. I told him i...