FIA Card Services — Bank card service
Amplify Credit Union recently contracted with FIA card services to handle the Mastercard and Visa cards they issue to members. Believe it or not FIA card services can only accept checks by mail for payment, they cannot accept the standard method of payment used my most major banking institutions of electronic payments when a customer uses their online banking application. This has caused delays in payments reaching them and my incurring late payment charges.
Additionally, when I have tried to contact them I have remained on hold for over 1 hour. I have been automatically disconnected, when I finally got
through their system were undergoing updates and
they could not help me.
I had paid my account off in full in August, then in
September when they did not receive my payment on time they had an automatic phone system start calling me for days. When I finally was interrupted in a meeting by their representative to tell me my account would be past due the next day I had enough and told them to take me off their phone list. By the way, the payment had been sent to
them 4 days earlier via my Citibank online banking they had just not processed it yet.
I am tired of these institutions using technology against their customers. This company can afford a state of the art phone system to annoy customers but cannot manage to accept electronic payments to their accounts from customers banks. They also cannot fulfill their advertised availability of 7 days a week 24 hours a day - they should add they are unavailable Sunday evenings because they use
out-dated systems so they cannot do updates in
real time but need to go off line. And then there is the phone interface designed to keep human contact to a minimum.
I don't know who to be more distressed with, FIA card services or Amplify Credit Union for selecting a ###ed service provider. I know the bottom line for Amplify was looking for lower cost in providing service but consumers are smartening up. If customers have no choice in what they pay for gas its time to realize they can choose to pay more where they know they will get the service they
More FIA Card Services Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service
- Bank of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account
- Bank of America - closed my account for no reason
- Bank of America - claims department
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers
- Bank of America - bad customer service
- Bank of America - dishonest refinance good faith estimate
- Bank of America Financial Center - credit card
- Bank Of America/fia Card Services - not honoring written agreement
- Countrywide Cleaners - Damaged clothing