Farfetch.comthey took some large sums of money from my bank account and I haven't even ordered anything from them

D

This company is just a scam company please avoid. They took some large sums of money from my bank account and I haven't even ordered anything from them. You cannot contact them by phone and the only way to contact them is via e-mail. Eventually someone from Farfetch phoned me, but they were incredibly unhelpful. Didn't want to give any details of the company, when I insisted on them giving me a phone number to contact them they gave me some bogus number in Portugal and they said they were a London based firm! Scammers, avoid at all costs.

• Fa
    farfetch.com Nov 21, 2011

Dear sir,

As per our previous emails to you, please understand that it was not farfetch.com who illegally withdrew money from your bank account. Apparently, your credit card was cloned and the person who did it, has made a fraudulent purchase on farfetch. Please note that, because the card was cloned, the details were a perfect match and, for that reason, we had no way of knowing this was a fraudulent charge. The standard procedure in these cases is to place a complaint for theft with the authorities and a complaint with your Bank or Credit Card Company.
    Farfetch.com has two offices: one in London and another one in Los Angeles. Our Customer Services are indeed based in Portugal and the telephone number we provided is for the Customer Services. Our working hours are 9:00 am to 6:00 pm GMT London time.
    Please contact us if you require any further information or assistance and we will be more than happy to help you.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Da
    DariuszManchester Apr 11, 2018

Hello,
    My problem of fraud is related to FARFETCH too, but also with HMRCUK. Yes, that is exactly what I received.
    THIS IS NOT REAL HMRC!!!
    I received in last Thursday, at 10:34 PM message on my mobile phone number: “You have a pending payment of 265.84 GBP from HM Revenue & Customs. To proceed please fill your form on our link provided.
    govuk.2fa-id.top”

I entered on that website at 03:45 AM of next day, which was 06.04.2018, but at that time website was not working.
    After that, in Saturday, 07.04.2018 I received same message, but with different link:
    govuk.tax.2af-ukk.com”

Unfortunately, I entered that website and filled a form, that was provided.
    Today, they were trying to debit my card by payment of 610 GBP, which I did not make, but bank reacted calling me.
    Investigated that in my bank, and they informed me that I was a victim of a scam, but my money will be given me back in next working day.
    They were trying to cheat me for 610 GBP, luckily, unsuccessful.
    I will tell you, what I was told in bank:
    HMRC NEVER ASKS FOR YOUR BANKING DETAILS.

What is most ridiculous is that, that writing this now, Wednesday, 11.04.2018. 17:12 I received same message, this time with different link:
    gov.uk.ref6133.com”

The reason why I responded on that message was that, that I was thinking, that HMRC made on-line tax return too. It was looking like they are making my life more comfortable and they will give me money on my account from tax for previous year (so fast).
    Scammer was very clever, smart, cheeky. (S)He knew when to strike. And I am afraid, that I am not the only one, so I leave this message to warn everybody:
    DO NOT RESPOND THAT KIND OF E-MAILS/MESSAGES; REPORT IT.

Good luck, guys.
    Dariusz.

• Da
    Danstie Nov 29, 2018

The same thing has happened to me - over £1000 worth of transactions have been taken from my account for Farfetch - seems very strange that someone would clone a card and then only buy stuff from Farfetch!

• To
    Todor Tasev Dec 06, 2018

Farfetch scam.
    Just now 3 payments were taken from my card and I haven’t ordered or heard of Farfetch up until now. I am from Bulgaria and the payments were taken fromFarfetch London and Farfetch Douglas, that’s the message that I got.
    Nearly 2000 Euros were withdrawn from my card, I have contacted my bank and I will place a complaint first thing in the morning, but I want to address your security - clearly you need better verification security or some additional authorization protocol like other websites, because there are people stealing money from numerous cards using your company.
    I am so upset and angry just before the holidays to be put in a position where all of the money from my card were taken is so aggravating.

• Ri
    Rihard Novikov Dec 28, 2018

I would like to complain as well for exactly the same matter. Please, question your security since it's clearly not the first case.

The money return case I'll be discussing later with you.

• Ro
    Robert Ensminger Apr 21, 2019

I too have become the victim of the same scam. Farfetch has tried to charge over $12, 000 in three different transactions. I think that the information stolen from my credit card happened in Lviv Ukraine.

• Na
    Nancy Marwan May 17, 2019

The same thing happened to me today! They should do something about it, they should stop the purchase when someone reports it as fraud!! It is very strange because farfetch is a very good and reputable brand. I think they must do something about it since someone is using them obviously

Ajenkya Shinde Jul 27, 2019

The same thing happened to me yesterday 26.07.2019. There were 2 Transactions of 470Euros each. I have never ever heard of this website or ever visited. What is really strange to me that why does someone clone the credit cards and purchase things from Farfetch.com only. I guess it is this company only who is employing people to clone credit cards and buy stuff from their website. So they don't even have to ship the items and still get the money.

Jason Dudley Apr 28, 2020

Nearly 12 months later and I too have been scammed!! Over £400 of purchases from a site I’ve never heard of...

Ajenkya Shinde Apr 28, 2020

Hi Jason, saw your comment
    You should contact your Bank/ Credit Card Company to block your card immediately. In my case I blocked the card immediately and then no money was transferred to the Clothes company and I didn't loose a single Cent.

Ajenkya Shinde Apr 28, 2020

AngelaMia Jul 11, 2020

OMG people, why you all blaming Farfetch?)) Just call your bank, report the fraud and stop the transaction! I also had an unauthorised transaction, someone purchased a $300 bag at Farfetch, but I called my Bank of America and they canceled that.
    This transaction means that someone cloned your card, usually, it happened at the gas stations, never pay with your cards there, just cash.

• Sergio Corrales y Familia Jul 12, 2020

It happens. But you should really contact your bank and stop blaming Farfetch. I've shopped with them a million times and never had an issue. Actually, their customer service has always been attentive to my needs. And I can see that they did respond to your emails and tried to work out a solution. Just call your bank and cancel your card before it's too late!

• Ra
    Raoul Giu Jul 27, 2020

It is correct to blame Farfetch, as they have not implemented a system like VISA 3D-Secure or Mastercard SecureCode, so they are basically inviting scammers. Furthermore they don't have any contacts for fraud prevention/reporting listed on their website and their customer service responds too slow for them to become active in a timely enough manner. If a company cares so little about payment card fraud prevention and does so much less than their competition - then they do it on purpose, so they are absolutely to blame.