Menu

reviews & complaints

Zazzle Complaints Summary

21 Resolved
105 Unresolved
Our verdict: With Zazzle's very poor resolution rate, careful consideration is needed. Research their service comprehensively, and read up on how they handle customer disputes. If you face issues, be prepared for potential challenges in obtaining resolutions and explore other service providers as backups.
File a complaint
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Zazzle has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Zazzle. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews

Zazzle complaints 126

Sort by:

Newest Zazzle reviews & complaints

J
11:27 am EST

Zazzle creators products being hidden from public viewing/purchasing.

zazzle routinely makes the creators products hidden from view so no one can purchase them until we go in and UNDO what zazzle has done. this ensure that we do NOT make any sales which hurts the creators who work very hard to create lovely products for customers.

they have also banned me from their community forum because I have dared to bring this to light and they want to silence me.

At one point they had over 20,000 of my products hidden from the public for no reason at all. I am sure I am not the only creator who this is happening to and I have been begging them for YEARS to stop this hurtful practice but they have ignored me.

zazzle needs to stop hurting the people who are keeping them in business.

Claimed loss: hundreds if not thousands of dollars in lost sales.

Desired outcome: zazzle needs to stop this practice.

Confidential Information Hidden: This section contains confidential information visible to verified Zazzle representatives only. If you are affiliated with Zazzle, please claim your business to access these details.

1:28 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Zazzle's Evolving Platform: A Creator's Call for Fairness Dear Zazzle Community, I'm compelled to voice my concerns regarding recent modifications within the Zazzle platform that profoundly affect creators. As an invested member of this community, I believe it's crucial to highlight these issues that potentially marginalize those instrumental in building...

2:34 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Zazzle, in the absence of even an 'acknowledgment' of the affiliate redirect issue, I feel I have no alternative due to facing massive losses to take the next step. Details here...

Is Zazzle legit?

Our verdict: Complaints Board's thorough examination reveals Zazzle as a legitimate entity with notable strengths. Despite a 16% resolution rate on customer complaints, which invites a closer look, Zazzle stands out for its commitment to quality and security. Clients considering Zazzle should delve into its customer service record to gauge compatibility with their expectations.

Zazzle earns 91% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Zazzle achives 91% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

We found clear and detailed contact information for Zazzle. The company provides a physical address, 4 phone numbers, and 2 emails, as well as 4 social media accounts. This demonstrates a commitment to customer service and transparency, which is a positive sign for building trust with customers.

Zazzle has claimed the domain name for zazzle.com for a long time, which suggests that the website is established and has a history of being in operation. This is a positive sign, as it indicates that the website has been around for a while and may have a reputation to maintain.

Zazzle.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Our scan shows Zazzle website is free from malware and phishing activities, which are types of online threats that can include viruses, worms, Trojan horses, ransomware, and other malicious code, as social engineering tactics used to trick users into sharing their personal information.

Several positive reviews for Zazzle have been found on various review sites. While this may be a good sign, it is important to approach these reviews with caution and consider the possibility of fake or biased reviews.

We looked up Zazzle and found that the website is receiving a high amount of traffic. This could be a sign of a popular and trustworthy website, but it is still important to exercise caution and verify the legitimacy of the site before sharing any personal or financial information

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• While Zazzle has a high level of trust, our investigation has revealed that the company's complaint resolution process is inadequate and ineffective. As a result, only 16% of 126 complaints are resolved. The support team may have poor customer service skills, lack of training, or not be well-equipped to handle customer complaints.
  • Zazzle protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.
G
5:54 pm EST

Zazzle Hoodie

Zazzle used to be fantastic! Used them for a prior company and loved it! Responsive, great brands...everything. Move forward a couple years and tried again. Recommended them and when we got the hoodies (small company - 2 of 5 bought), the brand they are using is nothing like the old brand (Delta Fleece - yum!). They're current brand is not soft and the fit is questionable. Looking at other possibilities now, sadly.

Desired outcome: just letting others know. I'll keep it, but was disappointed!

H
1:26 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zazzle Custom playing cards.

DO NOT USE. They were five days late with my Holiday order. I foolishly used them again and paid $25.00 for expedited shipping and the items were five days late. These were items for a first birthday. Customer service is useless and difficult to reach. My items were made on time, they dropped the ball on the shipping and did not offer a refund. I had to call and complain!

Tip for consumers:

Worst service I ever had. Incompetent, Unreliable.

The only way to resolve this problem is to go back in time to my granddaughter's first birthday. The Theme was completely ruined. I had to spend hundreds at Party City to redo the entire theme and games.

Desired outcome: Time Travel

Sep 15, 2023 2:51 pm EDT

Hi Helen,

We'd like to offer our sincerest apologizes regarding the issues which you have experienced with your order, but we'll be absolutely more than happy to look into that for you and get this resolved - especially as it was for such a special occasion. Please kindly reach out to us at social@zazzle.com with your order number and an agent will reach out to you as soon as possible.

Kindest regards,

A
8:10 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zazzle I am a creator and customer service agents are not responding to me

Hi

I have sent numerous emails and a form which keeps getting returned to me with more questions and marked as incomplete.

I have sent 3 emails over the past few months and noone has responded to me.

I have requested more help to fill out my form but noone has the courtesy to respond or even point me in the right direction.

I have money due to me and they are not in a hurry to give it to me.

I am extremely frustrated!

My username is Anna Niks.

Desired outcome: I want them to respond to my emails and tell me what I need to do about my form and assist me with it so payment can be made before 15 September. I feel like they are purposely delaying this.

Sep 15, 2023 2:53 pm EDT

Hi Anna,

We'd like to offer our sincerest apologizes regarding the experiences you've had with contacting us via email, but we'll be absolutely more than happy to look into that for you and get this resolved. Please kindly reach out to us at social@zazzle.com with your account details, and an agent will reach out to you as soon as possible for assistance with your form.

Kindest regards,

K
3:14 am EDT

Zazzle Express service

I paid for express shipping for my business cards 23 dollars and change and they didn't even start processing them until the day before I was scheduled to get them. I would like to be reimbursed 16 dollars, the price I would have paid for standard shipping which is exactly what they gave me, and since they didn't process my order until a day before I was scheduled to receive them, I question their intentions with offering their premium shipping services.

Desired outcome: 16 dollars please

P
8:34 am EDT

Zazzle Non-payment of royalties

Have been with zazzle company since 2008 and have never recieved any payment whatsoever. Haved requested many times throughout the years with no luck. Seems as though the company is set up to mae it as difficult to claim your royalties as possible in order to be able to default the consumer. The rules of payment i'm still unsure of but have been trying to understand and resolve for years.

Desired outcome: to be payed my royalties owed for sales

T
6:16 pm EDT

Zazzle You sold my information

You sold my information to a bot company and now I get unwanted texts several times per day. Because I am sure you will just deny it I am not going to refrain from speaking my mind. You suck! Go [censored] yourself! Ill never buy a thing from you again you piece of [censored] [censored]! There, all better! Now, resolve that issue, then shove it up your [censored]! (was that specific enough)

Desired outcome: I stated that in the last sentence

5:13 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Zazzle Zazzle removes my selling design

Hi,

I am a graphic designer. I've been with Zazzle for 3 years now. I know the guidelines very well and i always do my best to follow them. Recently, i received an email from Zazzle Content Review Team notifying me that one of my most selling designs contains content that is in conflict with one or more of Zazzle content guidelines and that my design contains content that is not suitable for printing on Zazzle and/or Zazzle’s brand partners. Zazzle removed my design and all the other types of products containing the design. I emailed Zazzle many times for additional explanation but nobody responded to my inquiries. I did not violate any other user's property. My design is my own "intellectual property" and I created it myself and people really liked it and are still looking for it. I mean, what's the point? I have always liked Zazzle and wanted to bring more value and traffic to the marketplace, but this experience is horrible and not satisfying to me to say the least. Please do help resolve this issue for me.

Have a nice day!

Desired outcome: I like Zazzle very much and i will always strive to bring more value to the marketplace. People really liked the design, so i hope it will be back in the marketplace. Thank you!

V
7:15 pm EST

Zazzle The company itself

I got locked out of my account while working, this square came up saying press and hold to prove I am a human, it doesn't work, I called zazzle, and the agent never helped either, he kept saying it was a standard procedure, which is a joke might add, I still cannot log into my account, this box keeps coming up, I even cleaned out the cache, restarted my pc, twice, and still zazzle has me locked out, this proving your a human and not a bot measure is a j0ke, there is not need for this, and you cant even get back into your account or email zazzle, anything. The only thing you cna do is call them and they give you the runaround, this isnt fair,

Desired outcome: my account to work

7:49 pm EST

Zazzle Tee shirt

Yesterday 15th Dec I received and email to say my package has been delivered and “ I hope you love it as much as we loved making it “

Where is my order?..

I haven’t received it and it appears your company is not easy to contact

My name is

Rose Corney

3/78a Esplanade Rose Bay Hobart Tasmania Australia 7015

Tracking number- 1Z7768W- FO [protected]

Order ID - 131- [protected]-3528475

Mens tee shirt

Could you please help me

Rose Corney

Desired outcome: Where is my order … it hasn’t been delivered ?

A
5:34 am EST

Zazzle Designers and creators: do not join this website! Claiming earnings for 6 months now, payment not received!

I am a designer from EU, I was with Zazzle for a few years, creating designs. I used sometimes my earning to buy a mug or something, which was not a problem. Now, after many years, I asked for my earnings, I had to re-do W8 form many many many... times, as always they found something wrong with it. Then, I was told, I should accept additional 30% US tax charge on my earnings with Zazzle, which was not true. (Designers, read and research the internet, specially if you are outside of US). Of course, treaty between my country and US has no additional tax in USA on earnings/roalties. All earnings I make, are taxable in my country, not also in the USA, but Zazzle wanted me to accept it, which I didn't after I did my research. After my form was finally accepted, I was told that my earnings will be paid to my Paypal, within 2-4 weeks, which of course, it didn't happened. This process of asking for my earnings that I earned from sales of my designs, has been 6 months with no payment up to date. I deleted my whole portfolio a month ago (over 800+designs), I no longer wish to be part of Zazzle, after this experience. Yesterday, they send a new group email, that designer who are not actively creating designs, will be charged monthly fee from their earnings, until it reaches 0 usd. It is horrible. Not only you cannot get your earnings, now they will take it anyway. This is not worth it. I would save myself time and all of this, creating my own designs elsewhere. Save yourself time, worry and money, create your own designs and sell them elsewhere, instead. Your design will be yours, you can sell it on a different platform or create your own website and sell them there. You have more options and full control! Best luck to all of the designers out there.

Desired outcome: get my earnings, delete my account.

Claire Davis
Pontiac, US
Dec 07, 2022 12:11 pm EST

Hello, you reached out to see if I was able to resolve my experience with them.

I ended up using my personal bank account and handled it as if I were an individual selling on the site, rather than as a business. They were having trouble matching my ssn# to my business ID number and claimed that was the issue.

Once I had the payout to my personal account, I closed my account with Zazzle and deleted all of my art from their site. But it got me my payout! They were extremely unhelpful, but handling it as a personal withdrawal rather than a business withdrawal resolved the lack of payout.

I hope this is helpful! We didn't have any taxes or anything applied on the back end so I can't speak to the unexpected tax piece you mentioned.

Best of luck,

Claire

D
9:16 pm EDT

Zazzle Zazzle black

Going through the "Zazzle Black" ordeal, but trying to nip it in the bud. Nowhere on the site do I find Zazzle Black settings, or any ability to stop it cancel everything. Does anyone actually know how to cancel it? After reading all these complaints I do not want to do business with them. If it cant get resolved on here, I will at least make it known to the BBB.

Desired outcome: Zazzle Black cancelled . Account cancelled .

Sep 20, 2022 6:52 pm EDT

Hello Daryl,

I am so sorry to hear that you are having trouble trying to find the Zazzle Black Settings option on your account. That is definitely not the kind of customer experience we strive for and we would love the opportunity to make this right. Please contact our customer service department for assistance.

We can be reached at social@zazzle.com, or give us a call at [protected].

I look forward to assisting you further!

Katie Ann

1:47 pm EST

Zazzle black membership

November 30, 2021 deduction from my bank account for a black membership that I did not order. Must have been fine print. I want this cancelled as it's not something I would use. I want a refund for the amount of 9.95. Do not defraud me of this amount in the future. I haven't ordered anything from Zazzle in quite a while and will not order anything again. Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter. Linda J Higgins

7:26 pm EST

Zazzle Unauthorized credit card charges

I ordered a couple of t-shirts and badges off Zazzle website. The website accepted the purchase and deducted the money from my credit card.
The next thing that happened - some items were removed from my order, with an explanation that they are subject to infringement copyright. My first question was, why were the problematic items exibited with a price tag on the website, and they answered that many creators sell their products through the site, so they don't keep track with all of the products. So they pulled the items out of the site, and sent me the items from my order which were ok by legal terms. BUT, I don't know how or why, instead of reducing my initial payment (around 60$), my account was additionally charged for the reduced amount (around 30$) without my consent. Of course I immediately sent an e-mail pointing the anomaly, and they answered that they had review my case, and apologized, promising to refund my initial payment of 60$. But that refund never reached my account. I wrote them again, and they kept sending me a transaction number, asking me to give it to my bank clerks, but there was no sign of any refund whatsoever. They supposedly issued a refund on 12th August, and they now stopped answering my emails, so I have no choice but to complaint and urge for a refund in other ways. Hereby I enclose the screenshots of the email corresponding with the Zazzle support staff.
Thanks for your time,

Sincerely;

Nenad Božić

Desired outcome: a refund

Nov 21, 2021 3:07 pm EST

Update: Actually it turns out it wasn't their fault at all! Terribly sorry I filed this complaint and If it could be erased I'd be more than happy! Apologies...

Nov 07, 2021 7:40 pm EST

And the two charges Zazzle made on my account.

I can send you all my bank listings for the previous three months to prove that the refund didn't go through

Nov 07, 2021 7:34 pm EST

The order from the website

12:48 pm EDT

Zazzle MONTHS requesting payout of funds, no actual help/resolution from customer service department.

I have been trying to get a payout from Zazzle for months. $53 in earnings.

All they tell me is that something is incorrect between the name on my Zazzle account and the name associated with my EIN (which I have re-entered multiple times from the IRS documents I have from my business' inception and have sent Zazzle a PDF copy of to help me determine the issue.)

Even with that document, they keep telling me they can't look at my account to tell me what the discrepancy is between my IRS documentation and what they have on file and to call the IRS.

How is the IRS going to know what Zazzle has on file and compare the two to tell me what the issue is? Is the text "SOLE MBR" at the end of my name on my IRS paperwork the issue? If so, which box do I put that in? I have no idea. Zazzle won't tell me.

Every time I make a fix or change to my account to try to correct the issue, with no guidance from Zazzle about what the actual exact issue is, it takes 30+ days (or until the 15th of the next month) to discover the payout has been canceled again due to some error they refuse to actually identify, and I am not paid. Then the cycle starts over. I reach out to get help, they tell me to call the IRS and continue to hold my earnings hostage.

I regret attempting to use them as a sales platform. They will not send me a check to my legal business address, or a PayPal payout to my business Paypal account, and the security questions they ask me are not related to me or my business so I cannot confirm my identity for them. All because of this mystery issue that they refuse to identify, which I then cannot fix because I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS and no one will actually talk to me about it. I get bounced from one low-level rep to another who send me copy-pasted answers and no actual information.

I have asked to speak to a manager, supervisor, literally ANYONE who can look at my account information, compare it to the legal document I sent them a copy of, and actually HELP ME resolve the issue. It is mid-July, I have been trying to be paid by Zazzle for months. My first email from their support team came back in early March.

All they have to say to me is that the name they have on file doesn't match the IRS info for my EIN, which cannot be true. I'm looking at the physical paperwork in front of me and comparing it to the account info on Zazzle. My name is on both. Spelled correctly.

If I make a change to try to figure out what the issue is, they supposedly can't tell me if it's correct until the payout fails in 30+ days. That's an unreasonable amount of time to determine if I have fixed the problem.

I don't know what the issue is and their only response is for me to call the IRS (which, again, cannot see Zazzle's end of things, so how could they possibly tell me what the issue is?) Yet here I am, on hold for an estimated 30-90 minutes for the IRS

They owe me $53 and have profited off of the sale of my designs.

Attached are screenshots of the 30+ messages exchanged with Zazzle Support, my name/business name on my IRS document, my name on my PayPal Account, and my name on my Zazzle Account. They all look like they match to me. Tell me where the issue is.

Desired outcome: 1) Send my payout OR, 2) Acct mger CALLS ME to resolve issue together

Update by Claire Davis
Dec 07, 2022 12:15 pm EST

I resolved this issue myself by making a withdrawal as a personal individual rather than a business. I had it all sent to my personal checking account.

Zazzle fixed nothing, but this resolved my problem.

I deleted all of my designs and closed my account immediately after payout.

7:59 am EST

Zazzle Something Has Changed

I reading some of these complaints here about zazzle and there really needs to be a class action lawsuit against zazzle .Due to the former lawsuit/and or suits against them something has changed either in ownership or management the quality is not the same its poor quality they have been ripping the designers off they collect 90% of the income and the designers get 10% and most times not even that..My concern is upcoming promising students who want to be designers will believe they can earn oodles of money and in return get nothing, , The designers do all the work all zazzle does is create it and send it out and lately the quality of their products the value is not the same ..Something has changed designers need to gather together and bring a class action lawsuit against them or they will continue to rip them off ..

S
12:31 pm EST

Zazzle Zazzle Black

I received an email that Zazzle wanted to let me know that "my" Zazzle Black Standard membership will be auto-renewed in 30 calendar days, and that no action is required. 1) I did not even know I had one. 2) To modify the Zazzle Black membership settings, they tell me to visit the Zazzle Black Settings Page BUT THERE IS NO WAY TO FIND THE MEMBERSHIP settings on the site. Anyone knows?

Desired outcome: Cancel my account

M
12:45 pm EDT

Zazzle Did not receive items

I placed an order with Zazzle on May 23, 2020 for two customized lumbar pillows. The order # is 131-[protected]-1212201. The cost of the products were $74.84. The items supposedly shipped on May 27, 2020 via UPS and the tracking history show that the parcel arrived at the Burbank Ca. Post office on June 3, 2020. I have been to my Post Office twice with the tracking information and they look at their tracking and indicate the package was never accepted by them. UPS will not initiate an investigation...says that has to be started and authorized by Zazzle. Zazzle has been non-responsive. They have replied to emails with generic emails about the virus and delays. They do not answer phone numbers...message just says they are having technical
difficulties. I got through on one of four phone numbers and left a message but no response. Very frustrating! I have course want the pillows which were a birthday gift for my daughter but her birthday was yesterday. At this point hoping for a refund Thanks for any help you can provide. Mary Alvord.

Jun 26, 2020 11:14 am EDT

Hi Mary,

We are truly sorry that there was an issue with your order. We can confirm that this was a shipping delay either with the tracking updating or the shipment itself. We can see the original tracking has an updated status since this review. Can you respond to our email to confirm if this is correct or not and we will be delighted to assist you further.

James.

Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Zazzle contacts