Extreme Acai Berry Melt Away Tabletsrefund of charges

M

I ordered a trial bottle online and paid the 3.95 fee. I was charged 29.95 a week later and complained to the company. They refunded the 29.95 and canceled my account with them. A week later, 10-31-08, I was charged 89.31. My checking account bounced because of their charge and I received numerous overdraft fees. The people I spoke to refused to help me and hung up on me. I filed a dispute with my bank as well as the Better Business Bureau.

• So
    Sonya Briscoe Nov 10, 2008

I just went to the web site to cancel and it says choose product you are cancelling and it only lists Pure Acai, not the Extreme Acai that we are talking about. When I entered my email it says doesn't recognize my email address...now what do I do?

Andrew Day Nov 11, 2008

Yeah, i'm in the same boat, trying to get the order canceled. What Sonya says in the reply is true for me too. I may have cancel my credit card.

• Mo
    mochagirl38 Nov 13, 2008

I was also over charged, but don't know who to contact.. does anyone have a contact email address or phone number so I can cancel these monthly charges..

• Mo
    mochagirl38 Nov 13, 2008

does anyone have an email address or phone number of this acaiberry company, so I can cancel these
    monthly charges..?

Acai Berry
    4650 SW 51st st, Bay 711
    [protected]
    Davie FL 33314

Which is the address on the packet

• De
    Debbie Nov 14, 2008

The problem is also the company cashed the $3.95 charge for the Trial order but waited the full 2-week period before sending the Trial. So I received the Trial AFTER the company charged me $89.31 for a full 30 day order. When I received the trial, I immediately called to cancel and was informed they already charged me for the 30-day order.

I learned my lesson and WILL NOT purchase from these people ever!

• Ro
    Ronda Clark Nov 14, 2008

OH my I cancelled on the 14th day from my order date, not my received date and they still charged me and sent a new order. I just talked to a man named Jeffy at [protected]. He was as nice as could be my total call and hold and talk time was 5 minutes and 38 seconds. He said they will credit my account and that they should not have charged me, to keep the pills and gave me my new refund #. Call him for help.

• Gr
    grace Nov 17, 2008

I am having the same problem. I just called and didn't get a damn answer. I guess will just have to go the bank that canel it. This is totally ridiculus

• Na
    Natalie Nov 18, 2008

I am in the UK and the same thing happened to me. I received the trial yesterday (which was the 14th day). I made the order on the 3rd Nov 08 and they only shipped it out 10 days later. I tried the online cancellation but it don't have the right link.
    I will be pursuing this as i paid for a free trial and will not be charged for the full 30 day when i didn't even get the trial before they charged me. This makes the Terms and Conditions null and void in my view. I paid for a free trial which i did NOT get.

• Na
    natasha Nov 18, 2008

Same thing happened to me. I called to cancel after i saw the shipping charge on my account. I was put on hold multiple times only to be automatically hung up on. I spent 3 days trying to get ahold of someone and never spoke to a person. I cancelled my credit card right away and my credit card company credited me the shipping amount. I got a new card and was sure i was done with them... Then i noticed a charge for $118 which they had charged me the day I cancelled my card. I called my credit card company and they are going to deal with the charges because it is fraud! I recieved my first full bottle today and since they do not recieve returns i will be keeping it for myself. So everyone cancel your credit card and talk to your bank about getting a refund.

And does anyone know if they are actual acai berry pills?? (someone said they might be sugar pills)
    Any results?

• Tr
    Tracy Williams Nov 18, 2008

I have tried several times now to cancel my order with you! I am unable to get through to the number you have listed. I waited on speaker phone for 3 hours the other day! PLEASE..CANCEL MY ORDER!!!
    Tracy Williams

• Su
    Susan Perlman Nov 19, 2008

This offer is a total scam. I have tried to call for over a week and cannot get through. After being on hold for 5 minutes, i get disconnected. I have closed my credit card and am disputing the charge. I do not remember seeing any "Terms and Conditions" in that I agreed to pay $90 a month for this crap. LLesson learned. Never order from one of these sites. They do not stand behind their product.

Norma Bergmann Nov 19, 2008

I too had the same problem. I ordered the free trial bottle of acai berry. Three weeks later I received my free trial. Stuffed in the bottom of the envelope was this little note stating that "We want you to understand that by ordering Acai Berry, you are agreeing to receive Acai Berry for a free 14- day trial period(days of actual usage could be less depending on the shipping time) beginning on date of order. Three dollars and ninety five cents(non-refundable) for S&P. I understand that unless I cancel by calling [protected] with in the 14-day period, beginning on the 14th day my credit card will be automatically be charged eighty nine dollars and thirty one cents( free shipping) for a 31 day supply of Acaia Berry to be shipped to my door.
    They charged me S&P the very day I ordered on line but it took them 14 days to ship it and then another week before I received them . I had no idea about any terms or conditions. I checked my credit card account and found that they had already charged me for the 31 day supply! I promptly phoned the number they gave me . It took forever to get a hold of them. They apologized for the late shipping and said to return the 31 day supply . Once they get their bottle back they would credit my account. I hope this is true. I just received the bottle today and will send it back with a tracking number.
    Please note that if you sign up for any free trial of anything scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the terms and conditions that are in very fine print . You will save your self a lot of grief if you read them first before signing up . Remember nothing is free on the INTERNET!!!

• Ka
    Kathy Butler Nov 19, 2008

I also ordered the Acai Berry pills on 10/27/08 for $3.95 S&H. I haven't received anything as of today. I have called MANY times and spoke to MANY people and keep getting the same run around. I am being lied to, hung up on and experiencing RUDE people. No one can give me any information and just keep saying either the order shipped or is pending and that they are having problems with USPS. BULL. They are scam artists and I even called them out on it and told them that I was reporting them to the BBB. The last call I made was to Hannah and I asked her for a tracking number and she gave me a number and even told me that it wasn't a REAL tracking number. They are crazy there. I finally got an address out of her that she said was the Corporate Office. It is: 4650 SW 51st Street, Ste 711 - Davie, FL 33314. Don't order from these people. My credit card said that the name of the company that charged me was SearchVitamins. They will be REPORTED. I am totally disgusted and knew that I shouldn't have done this. I cancelled my credit card before any MORE charges were put on there.

• Jl
    j.l.macdonald Nov 19, 2008

thunbs up to all these people- i live in ontario, canada and i too have been scammed by this phony company who are swindling hundreds of people out of their money with this stupid product called aci berry- i hope they get whats coming to them-what goes around comes around- DON'T mess with us...can you imagine charging peoples' account with this ridiculous amount -PLEASE everyone - don't fall for these scams by aci berry-------'.credit bureau - here we come ...thanks...

• Ro
    Ronald Eldridge Nov 22, 2008

I have it would seem joined the ranks of the scammed. As soon as I recieved the free sample I phoned my credit card supplier, cancelled my card and made a fraud complaint. What a lot of trouble when I should have realized there is no such thing as "a free lunch". I have found an e-mail address on a blog which says that it is that of Extreme Acai Berry etc and is [protected]@nubodi.com

I also understand that they trade under or with :

Acai, Nubodi, Pricelimbo, Fitfactory, as well as Acai Green tea infusion, Acai GT Blend, My VIP Fit and Your VIP Fit, Search Vitamins and god knows how many other names.

Can any one tell me what the good people in Ontario did re this scam?

• Ra
    rachael Nov 24, 2008

fell into the same scam, supposedly 3.95, i haven't even got the product yet and i've been charged 89.31! I tried to call the number listed, but it said it was a 66 minute wait!!!

• Ti
    timmy Nov 25, 2008

yes I got caught the same as everyone else, rang the number on packet, waited 10 mins(call from uk) and spoke to April, who gave
    me cancellation number, for what that is worth, will check my bank statement very carefully.She asked WHY did I want to cancel
    I said because this is a scam and you have ripped loads of people of, she then asked if I had tried the product, what a cheek!
    keep trying with phone numbers listed and dont fall into the trap of, they have extended their call hours and best time to ring
    is between 6pm-9pm mst, what a load of rubbish(I called at 19.50 gmt)

• St
    Staci Matthews Nov 25, 2008

I went through the same hassles with no recourse but to cancel my credit card that this company had charged me on. I also ordered the free trial sample and did not receive it until after it was too late to cancel the next order. I was then charged $89.95 for this stuff and I called to cancel but they said they could not help me. I can think of many OTHER items I would have CHOSEN to purchase with that money. I wasn't even given a choice if I wanted this or not. They are a rip-off in the worst way!

Jackie Nov 26, 2008

I have to say, I agree with you all...this is a painful experience. I'm not one to get scammed typically and it really irritates me that the one thing I do decide to try ends up being a scam. Because of the way this company is handling this, it makes me think that this product is also not legit or what they say it is. They seem to time it perfectly so you receive the product exactly a day or two after your trial period has expired. Credible company's build relationships with their clients to earn their earn their business and loyalty. These guys are obviously just out to make a quick buck from as many people as possible. I do not recall any "Terms and Conditions" until I received the trial with this little piece of paper in it stating "We want you to understand that by ordering Acai Berry, you are agreeing to receive Acai Berry for a free 14-day trial period (days of availability for actual usage could be less depending on shipping time) beginning on date of order. "Nice way to try to cover their butts" Then they go on to tell you how much they will automatically charge you without your authorization! I called the number on the bottle and told them exactly how I felt as well! They didn't seem to care but did give me a cancellation #. I have already disputed the charge with my credit card company. They said I need to return the product and wait 30 days for the merchant to give me a credit. The little slip of paper also mentions that CBS News quoted how nutritious these Berries are. I wonder if CBS News would be interested in hearing our stories...Now there's a thought!!! I do plan on getting to the bottom of this as I am pissed.

saanya ahmed Nov 27, 2008

hey,

i just got my trial after waiting for ages and i was going to call to cancel but the number i have [protected]) is not recognised!!

this could be because I'm calling from the UK and on a mobile phone, but i thought the dialing code for america was just 1??

can someone please give me a number i can use to call from the UK to cancel please!!!

thank you!

• Li
    liz doherty Nov 28, 2008

I can't believe that these people can get away with it, I have tried ringing but I never get through. What can I do?

• Li
    liz doherty Nov 28, 2008

can anyone tell me how to cancel this? If I cancel my credit card apparently my bank said they could still charge me???

• Je
    Jess Nov 28, 2008

SCAM! *** SCAM! ***SCAM!
    Infuriated by this fraudulent company. I fell for the deceiving advertisement, “FREE trial offer” online and paid 3.95 shipping/handling. A few weeks after that, I was charged 89.31, and received 2 more bottles that I didn’t even want. I wasn't even given a choice if I wanted this, they just billed my credit card. I was completely victimized by this company, along with hundreds, maybe thousand of other people. My checking account actually bounced from their charge, creating overdraft fees from my bank. Couldn’t get a hold of this misleading company, but when I finally did, they were rude, inpatient, and refused to help me, told me to read the “fine print” then hung up. I was appalled. THEY WILL BE REPORTED. WE WILL GET OUR MONEY BACK!!! TAKE A COUPLE MIN TO VOICE YOUR OPINION. WE WERE SCAMMED AND DESERVE OUR MONEY BACK! EXTREME ACAI BERRY IS AN EXTREME RIP-OFF!!!

• Ru
    Ruby Nov 29, 2008

Can we just go to the bank and tell them my situation and get my money back (29.95+89.31) in stead of waiting for the forever refuse?

• Je
    Jessica Franciosi Nov 29, 2008

It's such a shame that a company such as this would be able to advertise fraud on websites to target those interested in loosing weight. What's even worse is that now, it's completely understood how they get the money for their advertisements: fraud. I noticed the company posted a statement to this website stating that their policies were clear on their website and that it had to be verified by the purchaser that he or she understood the terms. This is completely inaccurate. At the bottom of the website, in small, illegable font is their terms and conditions. And, isn't it a bit obvious that the entire website focused on the FREE sample? If it was advertised that the first month you paid shipping, and then the months after you paid full price (and had the option to cancel anytime), maybe this wouldn't be such a problem. However, it's completely and utterly disguisting. I had to fight with my bank to refund my money, and cancel my debit card in the midst of a vacation, which left me with no money.

The owners of this company should be ashamed of themselves.

• Ab
    abbey Dec 02, 2008

I was told i would be reimbursed for the 29.95 and the guy gave me the number [protected] to cancel the 89.91. When I asked her what the point of a trial period was if they took out money BEFORE i even got a chance to try the product. Its ridiculous. The lady yelled at me and told me I should have read it all. But it said I would get the pills before the two weeks. then i could havce at least tried them and made an informed decision. This is a total scam. And when i told the lady that she got so rude and said then why are you calling? I said to get my money back. And she said if it was a scam you wouldnt get your money back. I asked her name ansd she wouldnt tell me. I asked to speak with a supervisor and she put me on hold for 15 minutes. then she picked up the phone and said she was a new agent--- but i recognized her voice. When i told her that she told me to just call back and hung up on me. I did and have now been on hold for nearly an hour. this is a total scam! i can not cancel or get my money back. someone seriously needs to report this. i am disgusted.

• Sh
    Shoshannah Dec 02, 2008

I cancelled my credit card, I have so far been charged 114$ for some Green Tea Fusion and 63 for some REJUVENATE junk. I have have tried emailing, doubt that will do any good, and am going to call tomorrow. I agree with you all, its absurd. My credit card company will not dispute the charges or refund me however, for it is apparently my fault for not seeing the tiny fine print. At this point, I am just trying to call to get through to the company to be refunded, because i might still be in the WHOPPING three day refund time-line for the monthly orders. Although I got acai berry, I also ordered the "free trial" of Renew cleanser... guess what.. same company! Or something cause its the same scam. I've been trying to call there and cancel all these orders with no avail. Seriously.. someone contact someone! I don't know who to call but wish I did. A lawyer? A news crew!? I admit my bad for ordering anything online claiming to be free, and not reading the fine print, but this certainly is a kick in the pants. I tried the website offered by the Support guy... they don't recognize my email.. I never even got a confirmation email! I'll keep you updated with what my calls get me tomorrow. Good luck all of you, guess we learned our lessons.

• Sh
    Shoshannah Dec 03, 2008

Okay me again... I called and got it cancelled. Because they had not shipped the product yet, (Its only been 4 days since they charged my account) they refunded the whole 114$ charge. I dont know if it helped, but i complained that they were charging me for a product other than Acai Berry which the terms outline (on my bill it says Green Tea Fusion). The customer service lady did not seem to care, but refunded me and gave me a confirmation number. I just tried to stay calm and civil (which was really hard cause I was so mad inside) But kill them with kindness my mom always says. So I bit my tongue... and i was charged for, and received the trial sample... and thats it... besides alot of stress and alot of hassle... (i was on hold for about 20mins)... its over and im no poorer than i wanted to be, but a little wiser. Good luck all of you... just try calling and cancelling as soon as you see the charges. And if they charge you for something else other than ACAI BERRY 500, argue it, because their clever hidden terms say nothing about other products, just ACAI BERRY.

Marisa Dec 04, 2008

Note, that when you order the trial, you are automatically nmade a member of Price Limbo, their number is [protected]. Call them to be sure you are not on their billing list either. I was told they are out of Utah.

This is a huge mess and I hope it doesn't happen to anyone else and the fraud is stopped. Please call your bank and alert the fraud dept.

Marisa Dec 04, 2008

Ok, this may be it, call [protected] to cancel Acai Berry and all products connected, then you have to call [protected], to cancel with Price Limbo (Fit Factory), you probably have 2 charges from them on your card as well for 29.95. When you get the Acai Berry you are immediatly signed up with them and they are out of Utah. They said they were going to credit one back and I am going to call my bank about the other. I hope this helps you all. I am so angry and I am sure you all are too.

Hurry and contact these numbers I had no issue getting through.

Marisa Dec 04, 2008

Just a little more help, the 29.95 charges may appear on your statement billey by Fit Fac, this is what the Fit Factory charges showed as on my account.

Marisa Dec 04, 2008

Everyone, I cancelled my card, the fraud was getting ridiculous I could not track all of the names the charges were coming from. The person at my bank said that it was best. They crediting my account and sending me affidavits to fill out. I have to send them back in order to make sure the monies remain credited. I get my new card over nighted today. I will have it tomorrow.

I hope all of this info I gave helps someone. Yes, cancel your card but be sure you get whatever credits you can from those companies.

• Ap
    April Dec 04, 2008

hi i live in australia and have also fell for this scam. I waited from 10th Nov till 28th nov to get the free trial, luckily i went and read the terms and conditions and seen the part about the 89.31 charge. I rang straight away and cancelled and was given a cancellation #. Now i have just noticed another charge on my credit card for 8.51usd from pricelimbo i now that's not much but if these people have our credit card info then how many people are going to receive this info and charge us more money for nothing we have brought or even know about.

I have just cancelled my credit card and also rang extreme acai berry again to cancel again and to let pricelimbo know that i don't want anything from them. Do not trust these people, i will never do this again thats for sure, i feel sorry for all you out there that have been charged these huge amounts of money especially at a time like this with the economy crisis.

• Wi
    wishez22 Dec 05, 2008

i absolutely agree with everyone, this ### is bogus. So i order my extreme acai berry tablets, i got it for a dollar shipping because i didnt agree with the 3.95 so they offered it to me when i tried to close out the window. i got it like 2 weeks later! and i believe the page had said 4-6 days. i should have complained about that but i didnt. then all of a sudden yesterday i had a charge of 89 dollars on my bank statement. ridiculous. so i called, i got through fine and this lady kept stating the terms and conditions to me. i hung up on her and tried to call back for someone else. tell me why it sounded like the same lady? when i hang up with other customer service companies, i ALWAYS get somebody different. peculiar. well, i cancelled my "membership" with them and she would NOT refund me back at all. so i checked my bank statement again and the charge was GONE. it was jus a pending charge but it disappeared. lets hope it doesnt come back. anyways, as i read further into the complaints, i seen the fit factory membership thing you guys were talking about, so i called them and cancelled with them too. i didnt realize it was on my bank statement til i looked further down. I always had to cancel wit this company easy saver, i had recieved something from them in the mail. be sure to cancel with them too you guys. i wish i could give yu the number but i already threw away the junk. anyways, im very dissatisfied with this service as you all are. lets learn to google everything before we make some risky descions. im going to call my bank and see if they can help me out any further than these people have. good luck you guys who have not been able to contact anybody yet. just keep trying. i called the number on the bottle and got numbers from here. thank you. -Chelsi

• Pa
    paula_nichole72 Dec 05, 2008

I also received a free trial for what I thought was only 3.95 and received it after 14 days and then I received another package today in the mail and noticed on my bank account that I had been charged 89.31. I've tried calling the number numerous times but only get an answering service. This is a serious scam and the company needs to be STOPPED immediately before they do more damage than can be undone.

• Ly
    Lynn A. Dec 11, 2008

I also received a free trial for what I thought was only 3.95 and received it after 14 days. I then received another package in the mail and wondered why. I then noticed on my bank account that I had been charged $29.95 from a NV company listing fit.fac.com, the web site doesn't exist. I also noticed a charge of $89.31 from another NV company. What a scam. I called the fit fac company and received a credit after telling them that I felt the charge was a scam. The woman told me that I should have received an email about the fit fac website, which is apparently a weight loss help website. I never received an email. I've tried calling the number listed for the $89.31 charge numerous times but only get a recording and then disconnected. This is a definite scam and these companies need to be stopped. Oprah and Rachael Ray need to alerted that their names are attached to this rip off!

• Em
    emma20 Dec 12, 2008

I really need help with this. Im from England and ive tried ringing the American number and all i get is a dead tone. I really need to know how to cancel this!!
    I am in desperate need of cancelling this. I have a new born and really need to end these direct debts now. If anyone has any information on how i can do this I will be so thankfull.

• Em
    emma20 Dec 12, 2008

I have been given a cancellation number so fingers crossed its actually stopped. I have also contacted my bank and cancelled my card and they have issued me a new one. I would recommend everyone to do this as the bank were very helpful.

• Da
    DallasGal Dec 15, 2008

I just received this trial and am grateful for all the posts saying to cancel this before it became a disaster. Here's what I found out needs to be cancelled:

Call [protected] - Cancel BOTH Acai Berry and Price Limbo. She didn't automatically cancel both, I had to specifically ask about Price Limbo or she would have left that part of the account open.

Call [protected] - Cancel Fit Factory Account.

I didn't have much trouble or a bad hold time with either. Make sure you get a Confirmation number for all 3 accounts when they cancel them. Hope this helps!