Having problems with Expedia?

1866 310 5768 (United States)
1800 469 1793 (Canada)
1866 348 7330 (Belgium)
1800 563 0600 (Mexico)
+1 404 728 8787 (USA & International)
+44 203 024 8211 (United Kingdom)
+61 280 662 745 (Australia)
+64 99 131 849 (New Zealand)
+45 43 682 060 (Denmark)
+353 15 245 005 (Ireland)
+31 202 008 459 (Netherlands)
+41 445 112 000 (Switzerland)
+852 30 774 857 (Hong Kong)
+60 377 249 556 (Malaysia)
+65 64 155 555 (Singapore)
+66 27 873 383 (Thailand)
+54 19 493 334 949 (Argentina)
333 108th Avenue NE
Bellevue, Washington

Complaints & Reviews

horrible customer service

I have recently spent over 5 hours today waiting to speak to a customer service representative. In the last 3 days in total my family has spent over 13 hours waiting to speak to a customer service rep. No one has talked to a human being in that time. The fact that you have to listen to elevator music during this time is bad enough however given the fact that I am spending my hard earned money on this company I would have thought that within 5 hours someone would have talked to me. I laugh when I read on their site for "immediate assistance" call 1-888-expedia. I thinkthey need to change that statement to "if you feel like wasting your time and listening to horrible repeative music call".... I would just like to put out there that I am never using this company again and would recommend the same for anyone else. The fact that they can not meet the demands of the company does not speak highly for them. I have definitely learned my lesson and am putting the word out to many people not to use expedia. All I can say is thank god for speaker phones!

• Bo
    bo Oct 06, 2008

Exepdia.ca has the worst Customer Service skills ever. Their agents are supposed to be "trained" for all the information with their company. However, agents give out WRONG information to customers and company doesn't want to be responsible for it.

I called in to ask for information about my future credits on my account and asked for the expiry date. Then later I called in to book a trip, the agent told me I DON"T have any credits. I told them when I called early your agent told me there's credit doesn't expiries till 1 year. They told me the agent gave out the wrong information and too bad, there's not they can do. The company is not willing to help customer solve problem, they don't want to lose money or use their brains so they told me there's nothing they can do! They won't let me speak to their manager. This is horrible services!

• Br
    Brenda Pollard May 02, 2010

I agree with every word said, I have been trying to talk to a human being about our flights to Bangkok for over a week, even sent emails (got no reply)

• Dr
    drogoff Oct 18, 2011

During the chaos that ensued during Hurrican Irene my wife and I were stuck in Spain. We had traveled to San Sebastian from Barcelona and were informed that we needed to cut our vacation short due to the storm and not knowing what the conditions of all airports would be in the following days. Panick erupted thousands of people flooded the telephone lines of Expedia. Being on hold for way over an hour without any update of how much longer I'd be on hold, my phone died. My hotel attempted to call the airline directly to book us new tickets a day earlier and see what our options were. After nobody picked up, we decided to book a new flight and worry about the details when we got back to the states.

When I called Expedia (who is acting as our travel agent) I had two 1+ our long conversations with customer support located in the Phillipines. They had told me that the only thing they can do is try to contact the airlines directly. After a 25+ minute hold time I received the same response that they weren't able to get through. I have written Expedia multiple emails detailing my frustrations and situations with them. The automated response I received was nothing short of inhumane. I will not ever use this travel site again and encourage others to find alternate ways of booking travel because if something goes wrong you won't be able to talk to a human for over 2 weeks.

no customer service!

Through Expedia.ca, we booked return flights for my family from Toronto to San Juan. They're all fine except the connecting flight from Montreal to Toronto. The flight to Toronto leaves Montreal 22 minutes before the flight from San Juan lands in Montreal. We have not been able to contact anyone after multiple 3 hour sessions waiting on the phone for one of the Expedia customer service reps and multiple emails. We will never call them again. By the way, isn't false advertising against the law because their Customer Support page is far from the truth!

• Ca
    Caroline Mitchell Oct 28, 2007

Expedia.ca is unbelievable. They won't deal with problems via email (only to tell you there is a problem, but not what it is) only by phone. The problem is you can't get any one on the phone to help you. If you're "lucky" you'll get someone who'll put you through to the supposed person you need, but I have no idea how long you'd have to wait to speak to this person and if they will actually be able to help you. We waited on hold several times, the longest being 2 1/2 hours, before giving up. I've now contacted the airline directly hoping to find out what the problem is. Never again!

• Mi
    Mike Toronto Nov 13, 2007

Expedia.ca = Bait and switch.

These people are LIARS and SCAMMERS and SWINDLERS!!!

They changed my flight time from a 12:30PM arrival to a 9:50PM - what a joke and they won't switch it back. I will cancel at this point for any penalty.

I hate expedia! I will never use them again and I will be sure to tell everyone I know every chance I get about how crooked these rip off artists are!!!

I write this while I am on hold for hr #3.

Amida Dana Jan 17, 2008

I want to add my story : I had a problem with Expedia and no one ever ever responded. Not even when I wrote to the president:

Dara Khosrowshahi
    President, Expedia Inc
    3150 139 Ave SE #500
    Bellevue, WA 98005 Nov 6, 2007

Dear Mr Khosrowshahi:
    I would like to bring to your attention a problem I had doing business with Expedia.ca. I emailed the following message to customer service via expedia.ca site Sept 25/07, and never received a response.

I am very unhappy with the service I received from Expedia yesterday. I booked a flight Sept 23 eve and on Sept 24 am I called to change my ticket. I was put on hold for over 2 HOURS. When an agent finally took my call, she said she'd have to check about fines for changing the ticket. Then I was cut off. She didn't call me back, and I have yet to receive a response from the email I sent yesterday.

I called Expedia corp and they connected to me to an agent from expedia.com. She said she couldn't change my ticket because it was from Expedia.ca. I wasn't willing to be put on hold for another 2 hours and was desperate to get my flight re-booked so she told me to call American Airlines and make changes through them. They answered the phone quickly and re-wrote my ticket. However they charges me 53.00 $ to change the ticket, and a15$ booking fee. I don't think that is fair and I request compensation. Also want to make sure I am not being charged twice for my ticket.

There are several problems here. 1) Expedia promises to reply to email requests within 24 hours. 2) The agent should have called me back. 3) I made a change in less than 24 hours and should have been given a courtesy reprieve from fines. 4) It is unacceptable to be put on hold for over two hours.

This unfortunate series of events will influence my future buying decisions when it comes to booking flights online. I do hope you can find a way to resolve these problems.

jeff meyer Mar 14, 2008

dear Amida Dana i saw your "story" and must say that you have not looked at all the facts you say you shouldn't have payed any extra to change your flight. ok so you booked the day befor now the reason why you didn't get any thing like that was because it has to be the same day then if you called expedia they would have done a same day void but it was not the same day. so to call American Airlines when you booked throught expedia the reason they charged you was because your flights were through expedia and they had to then take over rights to the ticket. and about the e-mail i don't remember seeing any where that it says e-mals will be answerd in 24 hours where the hell does it say that? any way all iun all the air line had full rights to charge you what they did sorry

jeff meyer Mar 14, 2008

Ok Mike from toronto your turn. it wasn't expedia that changed your flight it was the air line that changed it and expedia just got notice that it changed and is the one to tell you. expedia is not able to change flights out of no where it is the air line that does that not expedia. so befor you go yelling at some one know what your talking about.

Janette Delgado May 21, 2008

Yep expedia sucks .. . you saved yourself maybe $50 compared to using a travel agent, then you would have had a face to go back to, a company that has visible presence in real communities. You brought it on yourself though . . . online travel agencies . . . caveat emptor.

• Mi
    mike Jul 02, 2008

phone calls are more important then emails. emails can wait if it regarding a flight change you should call. If your house was on fire you would call the fire department you would mail a letter. Same goes with emails. a phone call always get the job done!

don't believe ratings!

Do not believe hotel ratings and traveler reviews posted in expedia!

For 6 month my husband and i were preparing for a vacation in europe, a trip of a lifetime. We booked all the details of our trip (Hotels, plane tickets, etc) via a travel agency based in us and everything was organized perfect by my agent. However, our last stop of the eurotrip was vienna, austria, and as our agent told us she did not work with hotels in austria, i decided to choose a hotel via expedia. It was my first and last time to have business with them! I picked hotel ambassador in vienna that was listed as a 4 star hotel, and had a very high rating based on the published customer reviews in the expedia website.

My experience in the hotel was horrible and after i came back in us (Aug 5, 2007) i wrote my customer review about the hotel. I have sent them several reviews and they refuse to publish them on the web, i talked several times to their customer service. Their response was that expedia has the final decision which customer reviews to publish and which to reject. They did not want to explain the reason for rejecting my review. I guess they did not want to publish the review because it was totally negative.

The hotel review i sent to expedia is attached below:

Hotel ambassador, vienna

This hotel is hardly even a 3 star!

Expedia refers this hotel as a 4 star, others refer it as a five star. However, the only high star thing in this hotel is its price! Once we entered the room it had a bad smell that made us immediately open the window to just hear the noise of the construction going on across the street. There was an ashtray on the table but the staff confirmed this was a non-smoking room. The room looked exactly like the single room of the expedia virtual tour. We have paid for a double room. The double bed consisted of two single mattresses put next to each other; so do not plan a honeymoon in this hotel! The carpet looked old and not that clean, same for the bathrobes. The bathroom was very small, and we had doubts if the fan was working. It had a shower cabin only, a curtain around the shower actually. The curtain was couple of inches shorter than it was supposed to be, so while my husband was taking a 5 min shower the whole bathroom floor was getting wet. Not to mention that when my husband tried to take shower for the first time the drain was clogged and we had to call for a technician. Also, the shower gel bottle was not renewed like it is done in the other hotels, the "ambassador" staff apparently thought that a single 1 oz bottle is enough for 2 people for 3 days. The breakfast was not included in the price like in the most of the other hotels. Also, it did not have a concierge desk and the receptionist was having these functions as well. I definitely do not recommend this hotel!

Damage resulting = consequences:

I do feel discriminated when my review was being rejected multiple times. If you look on the expedia web page and the traveler reviews about hotel ambassador in vienna, you will see 14 out 15 positive reviews.

It seems to me that in order to sell a hotel better expedia publishes the positive reviews, and rejects the reviews of the unhappy customers.

The damage was:

I paid a 4/5 star price for a hotel that could hardly be rated 3 and the last 3 days of my "dream vacation in europe" left me with a bad taste in my mouth for the whole trip, as vienna was supposed to be "the grand finale"... It was... In a way... But not the way we thought!

Damage for the other potential expedia customers:

By carefully picking which review to be published expedia creates false image of the travel destinations and misleads customers!

I also feel very much hurt from their customer service attitude. I was told expedia decides which reviews to publish and which to delete even without informing the customer who wrote the review.

• Te
    Teofilomax Jul 28, 2015

I had exactly the same bad experience with expedia, they have refused to publish my bad review of a hotel in Rome.They said they have the right to publish or not to publish my review. I feel discriminated as well. Not working with expedia never again.

worst moving company!

I am writing this letter to tell about my experience with Expediant Van Lines during my move from MA to PA.

I would not want anyone to go through the experiences I have gone through, during a process already difficult per se, i.e., moving. I think it is a total rip-off because not only they quote a different price and you end up paying (37%) more than the quoted price, but most importantly they impose so much economic and emotional costs on you that you get a horrible and traumatic experience in return for your payment.

First of all, company does a very poor job of informing you what to expect in terms of costs, not only their documentation is written very poorly to deceive the eye so that you would not see the small fonts, but they never tell you in person on the phone, even though you ask them. Second, and may be most important, they do not send the confirmation e-mail which includes such information, till the last minute, i.e., one day before the move, which is too late to cancel the service, and say, “oh there was something wrong with their e-mail”.

Third, the movers were never on time. And different people in the company tell different and inconsistent stories in regards to why.

Fourth, wait it only gets worse!! They charge extra: the company tried to charge me for the extra pick-up, which I had already settled with the company earlier.

Fifth, one of the staff members got $200 from me to carry my stuff to and from the stairs (apparently they charge extra) and for the long haul way from the door to the truck, and said he would also do the stairs on the other end, in PA. Once my stuff came, he denied that I paid him for stairs, and did not want to do it. He said “ I do not remember you paying me anything” I had to remind him that I wrote him a check, and can ask for a copy from my bank to prove it if need be, then he unwillingly did it.

May be most importantly, the attitude of the moving team was unacceptably unprofessional, and almost to a degree of sexual harassment, such as asking if I am single, what is my phone number, and etc. Despite my warnings to the staff, that I do not feel comfortable with such comments, they had continued to keep at it, and even respond in a way that made it worse, such as “why not, you will never see us again you can feel comfortable”. Some of the staff members even offered to give me a discount if I had smiled in return, and won’t be charging me extra. This is unacceptable behavior, and I am sure you can understand that on the day of the move, it is very hard for someone to fire the company (but I wish I had) so I did my best to deal with them, which is basically keeping mostly silent, and praying they would do their job and leave. This was one of my most frustrating experiences in this country. But unfortunately these are not the only things that caused my frustration with the staff and company, these were only the harbinger of worse news in the days to come.

Unfortunately, last but not least, when they deliver your stuff, you are lucky if you get it on time, and actually all of it. When the truck arrived to my new destination in PA most everything in the truck was a mess; they had changed trucks and unloaded my stuff and loaded back again into another truck.

I have had many missing, and broken items, among them my bed, sofa, a nice leather office chair, kitchen items, lamps. Some of the furniture is so neatly broken that it made me think they might have done it on purpose so that it would fit the truck better. Also, they had disassembled my furniture but lost the screws.

In my complaint and claim process, they NEVER return my calls; whenever I call them, I can never get through a person of responsibility, and they never call/ contact when they say they would.

As you can imagine, moving is already a stressful process per se, and no one, but no one needs these extra frustrations. NEVER EVER HIRE EXPEDIANT VANLINES, NEVER!

• Fa
    Fatma Gul Unal Aug 31, 2007

Well,

Of course you work with "very professional people", who first of all, try to do things under the table, and charged me an extra of $200 for stairs, and denied that later in PA such a payment was made. If you know your worker with the name Alfred Taylor, ask him, I can provide you the copy of the check that I wrote to him! And what is more, this company is already in the blacklist for movers for everyone's information, please check to see that similar complaints were made before, I wish I had checked that web-site before: http://www.movingscam.com/blackList.shtml

People, stay away from this company, I am yet to hear anything about my "insurance" for the items they have broken and lost during the move!!! Stay away from Expediant Van Lines!

Angry Customer Sep 05, 2007

Expediant Van Lines is AWFUL - STAY FAR AWAY!!

These people are jerks. Basically they tell you everything you want to hear over the phone, then when they show up it's a completely different story.

First of all, Anthony Joseph is a sales rep, but told me he was the owner of the company to assure me that I should book with them. HE also told me they do not hire sub-contractors, although a contractor delivered my items, that my items would NEVER switch hands, and that the same person picking my items up would be the one delivering them. None of the above was true. The problem is that these were only phone calls and I do not have any of it in writing, however, I do have a witness since I spoke with him on speaker phone.

The day the movers arrive the estimate that Anthony provided jumped from $1100 to an OUTRAGEOUS $2100!!! The movers even tried to charge me for wrapping my furniture, which says a free service on the website. When I told him I didn't want his service for $2100 the price dropped to $1750. I still wasn't comfortable, but at that point, I needed my things to arrive and it was too late to book someone else. Then they have the nerve to tell you they need another $120 in gratuity to ensure the "safe handling of your items." They basically bully you into giving them more cash and make you feel as though if you don't they will intentionally damage your items. I also had a similar experience in the girl above in that Albert Taylor was asking me what size I wore and told me he bought some nice things at Frederick's of Hollywood that were my size and would look good. I am waiting for my things to arrive before contacting an attorney about what I can do about being sexually harassed by an employee of this company.

The timing explained above is also correct. Anthony guaranteed my items would be delivered the following Thursday after they were picked up. They are over one week late and I need to take an unpaid day off from my new job and had to go buy all new clothes to wear to work since my things weren't there. I also arranged for friends to be here to help me unpack. Now they have wasted a trip.

I am sure that if we all get together we can do something about this company. The only thing they excel at is not putting things in writing so that it makes it hard to take action against them. If customers could all get together then I am sure we could find resolution. I am currently working on information such as what percentage more over the estimate a company can actually charge, since mine was 50% higher than the estimate, as well as what I can do about their website claiming to have been in business over 10 years, when they recently formed this company less than one year ago, after being black listed under their other name and having to change, as well as what I can do about being sexually harassed by their employees. If anyone would like to join me please contact me. In the meantime STAY FAR AWAY FROM EXPEDIENT VAN LINES.

• Th
    The Katchus Aug 07, 2008

Contact:

Contact: Kristin Schrader, Tel.: (202) 366-9999 or
    (202) 366-2309

Consumers can help identify noncompliant household goods movers by calling FMCSA's nationwide complaint hotline,
    1-888-368-7238 (1-888 DOT-SAFT) or by visiting http://nccdb.fmcsa.dot.gov. Prior to selecting a household goods carrier, consumers should also visit FMCSA’s www.protectyourmove.gov for information on planning a successful move and to search movers and their complaint history.

For a list of companies cited during the strike force, see http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/hhg-2008-05-results.

The strike force targeted states that received the most complaints in the National Household Goods Consumer Complaint database (http://nccdb.fmcsa.dot.gov).

Household Goods Complaint Disclaimer:

Fines for violations of Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations are set by Federal statute. Examples of the violations discovered include: holding shippers' household goods hostage, operating without proper legal authority, failing to follow tariff requirements, failing to provide shipper information, and failing to keep proper records:

I had to deal with this very issue during May 2008. We paid in full for a move, the 'brokered' mover showed up in a Penske truck. Friends stayed in our home during this ordeal.

The driver showed up with a man who claimed to be a hitch hiker, and was intoxicated.

When the driver arrived at our new home, he had another worker with him, who told us he was from Mexico and was given $150.00 to help the driver unload the Penske truck.

Needless to day, our items did not arrive in the *an*lines truck that we were told was going to be picking up and delivering our household items.

File a complaint, when the fines hit these brokers and moving companies in their pockets, maybe, just maybe they'll get the picture.

booked a hotel room that was not available!

I recently made the mistake of booking a hotel room for my wife and daughter through Expedia.ca. I received two confirmation #s from Expedia and my wife verbally confirmed the room. When they arrived at the hotel they were told that the room was never booked. Luckily the hotel took it upon themselves to find other accommodation for my wife and daughter as well as three other guests that had booked fictitious rooms through Expedia.ca.

I have used lots of other services to book Hotels and Airline tickets and never had a problem. This was the first and last time I will use Expedia.ca

John Doe Aug 16, 2007

It seem that EXPEDIA is bad everywhere. This is a list of recent complaints about EXPEDIA (including my case that proves EXPEDIA is a scammer). http://www.expedianews.com.

Amida Dana Jan 17, 2008

FYI: In view of all the complaints against Expedia, when planning your next trip , know that Expedia also owns hotels.com, Hotwire, TripAdvisor and Classic Vacations

• Ka
    Kalen Jan 29, 2008

I work for expedia and you're passing the blame to the wrong people. If you're room had confirmation codes, then it was booked. Expedia does not just pull these codes from their ###, the reservation is sent to the hotel and the hotel then sends us THOSE codes.

If you don't want to use expedia, that is definatly your choice, but at least know before you go passing blame.

jeff meyer Jan 29, 2008

hey guys you all ###ing suck monkey dick ok you dono the process it takes to do the ### they do so why don't you all site in your own stupid ### from your mouth and stick your fingures up each others ###'s k. oh and expedia is the best because you slap nut ###s say its not hahaha you all smell like dry donky ### hahaha oh and umm sorry for your bad times with expedia i am sorry it wasn't werse hahaha your heads are empty arn't they cuz there is no intelagent talk on here thats why i am here to bash you dumb ###s who wine about life all day and have nothing better to do but feel sorry for your selves and feel the world or in this case expedia owes you something .... like ### they do you owe your self a good kick in the ### for being retarted

• Da
    Dani Apr 28, 2008

Ever heard of "overbooking" by hotels? It happens too... they sometimes have deals going with other hotels in their own group. I overbook here so I can send customers your way... Never mind, they send us a confirmation number...
    That way they can again play the game and we cannot then ask for a refund on your behalf because "they supplied you with a room after all".

Airlines and hotels do it all the time...
    there is nothing Expedia can do about it... we book, you pay, you have the confirmation number and the hotel oversells... just like airlines do.

• Li
    Linda Jul 27, 2008

It would be nice to hear that people can have a bad experience and not be abused by people who are just bored and want to swear at people. Like any corporation Expedia is very strategic and know very well that they are ripping people off daily. I booked a trip and the expedia person took it upon themselves to book the wrong dates and I have called every few days for over a month and they still take no responsability for the mistake on there part. then they charged us twice on our credit card for the same trip and still take no responsability. We continue to not hear back from them and they shift the owness on to the next supervisor which then you half to explain again. I have no way of knowing how to deal with this as they keep not responding. Customer service is hearing and making the appropriate decisions based on that information, but they will have no part in this. Good luck to the next poor sole that is stolen from. Theft of money and false information you would think is a crime.

charged 10% more than what was quoted

My fiancee booked our honeymoon to Jamaica via expedia. She was quoted approx. $4,700. When billed, the charge was for approx $5,100. Nearly a 10% increase.

When questioned as to why, Expedia's reply was that the charge was placed on hold by the credit card company (fraud prevention) and as a result, the rates increased. Mind you that the hold duration fell between 24-48 hours. There was no admonishment of possible rate increases and no prior notification or request of our authorization for the difference. And, the card was rejected at first try by Expedia, however when run through a second time shortly thereafter, the charge was approved.

Above all, their customer service during the inquiry was absolutely lacking. In no uncertain terms, it was horrible. Their phone etiquette left much to be desired. Transfers to supervisors turned out to be 45 min. hold delays, only to then be hung up on with no provocation or without a response on their end.

In their trip confirmation notice sent via email, they include a statement alluding to the fact that they made a mistake, however when a supervisor was reached, the supervisor stated that we should not put any blame on them since their staff advisers are all well trained and make it a point to review the itinerary and other charges which may occur. Not this time. They did not!

Well, in the end, we just received notice that they intend to credit back the difference, which we believe we are 100% entitled to. As for using Expedia again, let's just say it's been a lesson learned. Next time, we'll use a travel agent!

worst of all, very rude customer service people!

I have recently booked a vacation with expedia. Ca to disney world, figuring that I got a good deal and how...

nightmare in cancun!

To: Expedia Support Staff,

I have made numerous attempts to get some type of response from Expedia only to be told that my last submission was sent as an attachment which could not be opened for security reasons.

In August of 2006 I booked reservations for a trip to Cancun. My itinerary # was [protected] departing Hartford, CT on 19-Feb-2007, returning on 26-Feb-2007.

My package was to include the "senior Program/ Senior Upgrade.

I was under the impression that "all inclusive" included travel to and from the airport which it did not. Upon arrival at the "Oasis Cancun Resort Hotel" we were escorted to room # 2449. The "upgraded" room appeared to be a room under construction. Part of the room floor was bare cement, cover plates on electrical outlets were broken or missing, the room was dirty and the entry door had a 1/4 inch split down the middle. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room but there were ashtrays in the room.

This was just the beginning of our problems. As we entered the room we realized how cold it was and the air conditioner vents were putting more cold air in the room. I attempted to call the front desk and discovered the phone was broken. My daughter wanted to take a shower and found that there was no hot water.

I went to the lobby to file a complaint to the staff at the "Welcome Desk" only to be told that there was nothing they could do and I would have to take my complaint to the hotel manager who was out to dinner and wasn't expected to return for fifteen minutes. I came back in fifteen minutes to be told she would be out for another 1/2 hour. Frustrated, I came back in 1/2 hour to be told she'd be back in 45 minutes.

When the manager finally returned I had to wait in line for other parties who were experiencing problems similar to mine. I told the manager I wanted the upgraded room I had contracted for and was told that there were none available but they would have someone sent to our room to take care of the hot water, cold air and phone problems. This was at approximately 5PM so our day was just about shot so I decided to take my daughter to dinner, hoping they could make the room in a livable condition in the meantime. We returned from dinner and no one had come to take care of the situation. The room was so cold that I decided to open the slider door since it was warmer outside but when I tried to do that the door handle broke off in my hand.

I made six or more trips to the front desk to attempting to get someone to take care of the problems. My last trip was around 9:45 PM and again I was promised someone would be up to take care of the problem. At around 10:15 PM we got a knock on the door and a young man with a plunger came in. Yes, he had a plumbers helper and went into the bath room and came out in 5 minutes to tell us he had taken care of every thing. He had done nothing! We still had no heat, hot water or phone.

The next day after waiting an hour for the manager to show up and we were given another room, not an upgrade but at least it had tile on the floor and about 11 AM we finally were able to take showers. ( I found out later that many rooms in the hotel didn't have hot water.) The room we were given had a TV that didn't work. I made numerous calls and trips to the front desk and it was around 10 PM that night when a staff member arrived to confirm that the TV didn't work and get a replacement for us.

The trip was a nightmare and we tried to make the best of it but you can understand our dissatisfaction. While in Cancun I tried to get the emergency assistance number only to get a message in Spanish and a hang up. I tried to get some satisfaction on my return only to be told that I had to file the complaint by E Mail and then told that I had submitted it to the wrong addresses several times.

I am hoping that Expedia or Oasis Cancun can offer some reasonable resolution to my nightmare in Cancun.

Sincerely
Paul E Jonas
22 North Rd
Bolton, CT

terrible customer service, wrong information for travel

I purchased a flight for my brother to fly from Vermont to Wisconsin for a job interview. All confirmations I received stated the flight was on US Airways, turns out though when he went to check in it was United. It took the airport personnel so long to figure that out that he missed his flight. After a combined 2.5 hours on the phone with 800-EXPEDIA in India we finally got him a new flight, several hours later and he made it in very late the night before his early AM interview. Everyone we talked to tried to charge us expensive fees to get him on another flight after he missed his first one due to their error. I asked for someone to call me back by the end of business or by the end of the next day at the latest to hear about a resolution, and of course no one called. When I called back I had to talk with 3 people, one of whom basically told me I couldn't read. She had a different confirmation than I had, her version clearly stated the flight would be on United, but I never received that confirmation. If I had life would have been good! I finally spoke with a manager who credited me a $100 but didn't resolve the issue. She stated that it was my responsibility to log-in to my account and print out the itinerary from there. So why do they send an email confirmation that says print this and take it with you?! And how could my brother log-in to my account and print a confirmation? Ridiculous. There were other issues too, our confirmation numbers had changed, flight numbers had changed, they did not contact us to let us know. Everyone there my brother and I spoke with treated us very rudely, their attitude was like we didn't matter and that were bothering them when they made a mistake and wouldn't own up to it. Expedia Promise (http://www.expedia.com/daily/highlights/Expedia-Promise/default.asp?CCheck=1) my ###! I will never use Expedia again, you cannot trust their information to be accurate, (their own customer service agents agreed to this statement when I was on the phone with them). Please pass this on to save others the frustration and humiliation my family and I experienced.

• Ra
    Randal lHagar Jun 25, 2007

My wife and I want to fly to Great Britain in October 2007. We wish to use a credit granted us for a flight in October 2006 which we canceled after we originally purchased a ticket on July 8, 2006. We are being told by Expedia.com that Virgin Atlantic will not allow them to grant this request even though Virgin Atlantic has a stated policy of “Force Majeure” (circumstances unusual and unforeseeable and beyond control) on its website, and Expedia.com representative stated they have an “extenuating circumstances” policy. To both Expedia.com and Virgin Atlantic I explained that I had sustained an injury that made me unable to fly in October 2006 and that I should qualify under these policies respectively. I was told by the Expedia.com representative, who talked to a Virgin Atlantic representative, that I must have declared the circumstance upon cancellation, and if I had done so that I would have been granted an extension that would have allowed me to use my credit for travel in October 2007. Since I was declaring the circumstance now in June 2007, Expedia.com told me that I was ineligible for an extension of time to use my credit. I explained that I received no notice that it was a requirement I must declare the circumstances upon cancellation. Virgin Atlantic does not have any notice on its website saying that in order to grant an extension circumstances must be declared upon cancellation. The Expedia.com representative could not answer me when I asked where on the Expedia.com website could I find the written notice telling me that circumstances must be declared upon cancellation. Expedia.com representative told me that I should have received terms and conditions on the tickets I purchased from them online. I told her that I had not. She then told me that the agent handling the cancellation should have informed me of this policy. I said that he had not. How would he know to ask or inform me of this specifically? What he did tell me was merely that the credit was “valid” until July 8, 2007 which was why I acted before July 8, 2007 to make my reservations again. He did not tell me that I must travel before July 8, 2007, and he did not inform me that I must declare any special circumstances to obtain an extension. The Expedia.com ticket says with regard to fare rules and restrictions: “We are sorry, we were not able to retrieve all the fare rules applicable to your itinerary... We have not received rules or restriction information for this flight.”

If I had been informed of these rules, or if I had access to them on the websites, or if they were explained in my ticket that would have constituted adequate notice. But I was not. Had it been communicated I would have declared my intent to travel in October 2007 and given the circumstances that supported my request.

This represents the results of 4 weeks of both phone calls and email communications to the airline. I'm out 1500 bucks and I can't wait to go to small claims court.

customer service, website - conflicting information

On May 4 I spent 25 minutes on hold, in Mexico at 5.00 per min., canceling reservation. This is after multiple attempts to make cancellation via website but was unsuccessful. After 30 min. received cancellation number and was informed of cancellation fee of $119.00, $100.00 of which would be deposited in an expedia account to be used as a coupon for future reservations.

Return from trip, check e-mail, no reference to cancellation which is a concern.

On May 16 begin calling Expedia at 9:45 a.m. On hold 10 min., customer service rep. returns me to main menu and then I was disconnected. I call back, new customer service rep., on hold 10 min., after giving her itinerary number, cancellation number etc. etc. She informs me that I need to call back in 1 hour as the hotel manager is unavailable. I express concern that no progress would be made 1 hour later and need to speak with supervisor.

On hold 27 minutes for supervisor. Supervisor had been apprised of situation, informed me that I would pay cancellation fee of 196.00 NOT 119.00 as previously agreed. This was unsatisfactory. She informed me that I would need to call back in 4 hours to speak with hotel manager that previous customer service rep. said would return in 1 hour. Another red flag.

I asked this supervisor what documentation she had. She confirmed that I had been told 119.00 cancellation fee and recited a hotel cancellation number but today, this has all changed.

I requested to speak with someone else in a more senior position and she informed that this would be the "help desk"... really, what a crook! She also informed me that there are no other phone numbers to use to get satisfaction such as corporate, etc. etc. She repeated that I needed to call back in 4 hours and reinvent the wheel.

UNBELIEVABLY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. The notoriously bad phone company gives me quicker, more accurate information and follow up. With all of the alternative on-line travel companies to do business with, I will NEVER work with Expedia again.

• Hd
    hdtes May 22, 2007

Wow, glad i know this!

• Fl
    flowerchild Nov 26, 2008

I booked a room with Carlos from Expedia (hotel.com) in Atlanta, GA on the 19th of November 2008. He told me the hotel had a pool, fitness center and a pet fee of 20.00 for the 3 day stay (not each day), which I requested. Now, I traveled from Virginia to GA (drove by car) 9 hours. When I got to the hotel they had no fitness center, no pool, and the fee for pet was 25.00 a day. I was truly upset and definitely didn't have 25.00 a day. It was 4pm when I arrived in GA, left 6:30 am that morning from Va. You can imagine I was tired from the long drive. I didn't know much about that area.

I called hotel.com (which I found out they are Expedia) and explain my issues with the wrong information Carlos gave me. I told them I am not calling to get a free room but to commendate me for the pet fee because I was given wrong information. I spoke with a rep Vincent. Vincent said he would place me on hold for 2 mins while he called the hotel room to confirm they had no pool, fitness center, and the pet fee. Vincent called the hotel (which I was standing at the front desk) and cancelled my reservation with the hotel. Now I was even more upset, because I was given the wrong information and they cancelled my stay. So I request to speak with a supervisor. Mary (the supervisor) came on the phone, kept apologizing saying she understood (but truly didn't). Said she would put in a req to credit me the 75.00 but I had to pay first, which I didn't have the extra monies.

I asked her to put me in a hotel that accept pets, had a fitness center, and a pool and she waive the pet fee and the hotel has to be clean. Mary found me a hotel and agreed to my request. When I got to the other hotel, I found out I had to pay 10.00 a night (which I did but still upset), the person gave me a key to the room, I went to check out the room. Oh my God, that room was horrible. It smell like cigarettes and drugs you smoke. The mattress had urine stains on hit, the dress had cigarettes burns on it. At this time I was screaming and couldn't breathe.

I called Mary back and she refuse to put me in another hotel. She said I would have to pay the cancellation fee of 75.00 and refuse to waive it. After fussing with Mary for another 30 mins, I agreed to keep the same agreement she offered me 74.09 refund.

The story goes on and on. The hotel personel at the other hotel gave me another room that was much better. I finally got a room at 7pm that night.

I would not recommend anyone to use hotel.com or expedia. This was not a good experience. Mary was not professional and her customer service and management skills were horrible. As I explained to Mary I am not seeking anything free just compensate me on the misinformation you gave me from the beginning (just waive the pet fee). These people are very unprofessional and they would not give you the human resourse number or a higher supervisor to complain about. Even the hotel people said you have to be very firm with them and they hate dealing with them. They get customers who go through this all the time when dealing with hotel.com and expedia.

• Or
    Orlando Feb 24, 2009

Booked an all inclusive with Expedia. The resort does not charge for 3 and under however Expedia charged us for our 1 year old. Spoke to customer service at Expedia and they advised us after many phone calls later that the charge is justified because of the reduced room rate with Expedia. The difference was only $19/day, we were charged $65.33/day. Would of been cheaper to book directly with the hotel. For those of you with young children, don't put them down on the registration form on line, if there is a charge then you can deal with the hotel directly.

Martha Contreras Jul 15, 2009

My Name Martha Contreras, I am a very good client of expedida . I book a hotel in Vergina, the hotel name

was Alexandria suits. I booked a handicap room and they give me a regular room. which was very uncomteraaable. because i am in a wheel chair

so i hope it won;t happen again

sincerely

Martha Contreras

• Pi
    piyal Jul 28, 2009

I Think one of worst service provider company is expedia.

amiable158 Sep 25, 2009

i think its just that for every reservation, they're not all that guaranteed considering special requests. that would depend on hotel availability and considering that they're special requests those are subject to a fee. just to be a keen consumer, check for the policies with regards to cancellling and changing on reservation, so you can have something valid to dispute.

• Ri
    Rickey Wilk Jan 13, 2010

January 15.2010 - I agree with the compliants that i've read about Expeadia, not because of what i read but what me and my wife exsperenc . we are presently trying to buy tickets for our flight and hotel with our debt card and each time expeadia sends the information, the bank will hold one dollar until the transaction go'se through. Our problem is thier system keeps saying that my adress is wrong. we thought it may be our APO since we live overseas. APO is a milatary address that we use to receve our mail here. we called the bank changing the address to our home adress thinking it would fix this problem, this did not work and all this time being patient talking with coustermer service did not work, my wife called three time on the 13th of JAN. talked for 3hrs, long distance and they still could not resolve this problem they would ask her the same questions and get the same information just to transfer her to another person to ask the same questions again, since we change the address we called the next day the same situation, both times we asked them to call our bank to resolve this problem, they said they would, in two days my wife talked with them almost six hours total and one person did not wanted to be bothered and hung up the phone. a aparentently expedia has thier own problems to deal with than to deal with a customer that has always purchaced thier vacation package through Expeadia .

Angela Aug 01, 2010

I looked at the customer comments on Expedia and there was a couple that did not like the place but the more recent ones indicated that the problems were worked out. We arrived at the motel and were treated more like suspected thieves than expected guests. I had been required to pay up front so was therefore at the mercy of the manager. I went to my room which was musty but I thought I could live with it. When I entered my daughters room I could smell the mildew from outside. The room smelled of mildew and vomit and the carpet was wet and visibly mildewed. This would be bad in a normal circumstance but with my daughter and her friend having asthma it made it a case of life and death. I went back to the office to complain to the manager who told me All of the rooms smell the same, I will spray some perfume if you would like. I tried to explain about asthma and how that would make it worse but he walked away. It was not like the motel was even full, the parking lot was empty and the rooms were empty all night. I spent the rest of the evening on the phone with Expedia talking to one No Customer Service representative after another with no help. One representative told me They supplied you a room, they met their contract, you should be happy. I was told to take the chance with my daughters life or lose the money and go somewhere else to pay for new rooms. When we were leaving my husband went down and talked to the Manager one more time (I had spoken to him twice before) and he moved the girls to a room that did not stink as bad. We were able to stay but I ended up with a sinus infection from the mildew in my room. When I returned home I attempted to put a customer comment on Expediaa website but they did not post it. I called them to complain but they have just said they have the right to not post. They have not even addressed my other complaints. Using Expedia is not worth it, you cannot trust their customer comments and they do not care what happens to you after they charge your credit card. The HoJos in Norcross is a death trap for those with any sort of respiratory problem. Spend your money with those who deserve it, not these people. I did not even mention the cloudy pool, the lack of pillows, the scant (horrible) breakfast and the rude manner.

• Li
    liz5 Oct 15, 2012

Their customer service department is nasty and unhelpful. I won't be using them again.

• Le
    leoandy Nov 08, 2012

Here is Expedia's policy **Expedia Unpublished Rate hotel - hotel partners have unsold rooms, we can offer them at incredible values in order to fill them. Hotels prefer not to publicize rates this low, so we hide the name until after booking.**

Don't be fooled, this is a SCAM. They don't give you a low rate and they pick a crappy hotel.

my first and last experience with expedia.com

After purchased an international reservation on line, my reservation was not confirmed and I couldn't...

attempt to commit fraud!

THis case is too gruesome in details i'm running a website: http://www.victimsofexpedia.com to alert people.

I bought (online from USA) a roundtrip from Europe to South America. For this trip I needed a paper ticket (not e-ticket) that EXPEDIA failed to deliver to me (one ticket was lost and the second was sent me to a wrong address - I provided the right address- ). I have proof of this (tracking number from UPS). Anyway, one of their representative advised me by phone to go to Europe and they will arrange with the airline I get a ticket at the airport. They never did it. I called to EXPEDIA many times from Europe and the airline that I was supposed to travel with (KLM) also contacted EXPEDIA. EXPEDIA never did anything to solve that problem that EXPEDIA generated and they didn't give me another solution. I had to buy (in Europe) another ticket from a different travel agency and I had to spend 15 extra days in Europe plus one extra week in South America. I've also lost many days at my job. I had lost a lot of money and my trips were useless because I had to use the money I had to solve this problem instead of enjoying my trips. TO MAKE IT SHORT, I WAS ABANDONED IN EUROPE BY EXPEDIA AFTER THEY FAILED TO PROVIDE ME A TICKET I HAD ALREADY PAID WITH MY CREDIT CARD.

EXPEDIA claims that it was my fault (It is a lie because I have e-mails from the airline telling me that EXPEDIA never arranged my trip). EXPEDIA claims that they had put all the information in the airline system. But when I asked where and when they cannot give me that information. I have documentations showing how many times I called them (and copies of e-mails I sent to them), I also have an e-mail from the airline telling me that EXPEDIA never contacted them and never put on their system the information necessary to issue me new ticket from Europe. I showed that documentation to EXPEDIA but EXPEDIA just ignore it and never made an attempt to contact the airline. Why? because EXPEDIA can lie to customers but it cannot lie to the airline.

In summary, EXPEDIA charged my credit card for 1,254.96 U$D for a ticket that was never delivered. They advised me to go to EUROPE. Once I was in Europe, EXPEDIA abandoned me there at my own with no ticket. I had to re-schedule my trips by my own and I had to buy a new ticket from another travel agency in Europe to complete my trips. EXPEDIA ignored my complaints when I was abroad. After I came back to USA, EXPEDIA tried to keep the money EXPEDIA charged in my credit card for that ticket I never had a chance to use. EXPEDIA lied to me many times and tried to keep money from my credit card in a fraudulent way. Thanks to my credit card I could recover (after almost 7 month) the full amount of that ticket but I suffered huge monetary loss due to that trouble that EXPEDIA generated.

This was EXPEDIA's official response to my case:

During my trip (before returning to USA). One of EXPEDIA's supervisor "admitted" that it was EXPEDIA's fault and told me to submit all the receipts I had for "extra expenses" . This was done by phone, however he also sent me an e-mail confirming the address where I had to send it. (read that e-mail). I sent to EXPEDIA all my receipts and a detailed amount of all my expenses. But it was another lie, EXPEDIA's "customer advisor team" (a higher level than supervisors) denied all responsibilities.

1) First, EXPEDIA try make it look as if it was my fault and they reimbursed me part of the ticket (800 U$D) they never delivered (read the e-mail EXPEDIA sent to me). Is this fair? Does it make sense? Why EXPEDIA will reimburse money if it they are sure it was my fault? They just tried to make me happy with 800 U$D and actually steal part of my money (> 400 U$D) because EXPEDIA actually never provided the service (this is simply fraud).

2) EXPEDIA tried to steal the rest of the money. It didn’t work: With the help of my credit card (VISA) I recovered another 429.99 U$D.

3) At this point, EXPEDIA still kept 59.99 because EXPEDIA charged my credit card in a way to cheat me and my credit card (see details). It didn’t work again. With the help of my credit card I recovered the rest 59.99 U$D. This was after almost 7 months. Does an honest company keep customers money for seven months? This long delay only showed that EXPEDIA tried to steal (and failed) my money no matter what. I could recover that money because my credit card fought for me and because I showed them overwhelming evidence of EXPEDIA’s lies.

4) EXPEDIA claims that I could not use the ticket I bought because the airline gave me wrong information. If this is true, EXPEDIA can provide me with names and dates when EXPEDIA contacted the airline to arrange for my trip. If I have that information I can stop bothering EXPEDIA and complain to the airline. Moreover, EXPEDIA can show that is an honest organization that care about their customers. I asked many times for this information but EXPEDIA was not able or did not want to give that information. Why? Because in fact, EXPEDIA never arranged my trip, thus, EXPEDIA has no proof of what they claim. EXPEDIA can contact the airline and clear this point with them: EXPEDIA never attempted to contact KLM.

5) I forwarded to EXPEDIA e-mails from the airline where the airline tells me that they tried to contact EXPEDIA and EXPEDIA never responded (Read the e-mail from KLM). EXPEDIA responses were several “automated” responses (since early april-2006) telling me that someone “in the appropriate department” is working on my case. But no one from EXPEDIA called me or e-mailed me after that. Even after showing them another letter from KLM telling me that EXPEDIA never attempted to arrange my trip EXPEDIA ignore my complaints.

6) When I asked for proof that EXPEDIA indeed contact KLM to arrange my trip I received THIS E-MAIL (more lies)
7) The last thing EXPEDIA did was to disable my account I had with them (and I used to send e-mail to them) and completely ignore my e-mails I sent using another e-mail address.

This was the very last message from EXPEDIA:
From: Expedia Travel Support <[protected]@customercare.expedia.com>
Mailed-By: customercare.expedia.com
To: [protected]@z2mail.com
Date: Jul 19, 2006 10:34 AM
Dear XXXX
Thank you for contacting Expedia.com.
I wish to apologize for the fact that you have not been contacted. I have once again forwarded your request to the appropriate department and have earmarked it with high priority, within 72 hours you should have a response.

If you have further questions regarding this concern, feel free to reply to this e-mail or contact Expedia.com customer services at [protected] and reference case ID [protected]. You can also visit the Expedia.com "Customer Support" page (http://www.Expedia.com/daily/service/default.asp) for more customer service information.
Thank you for choosing Expedia.com.
Melody
Expedia.com Customer Support Team

In response to my message: :
From: xxx < [protected]@zmail.com>
Mailed-By: zmail.com
To: Expedia Travel Support <[protected]@customercare.expedia.com>
Date: Jul 19, 2006 10:23 AM
Subject: Re: Other questions, comments, or feedback - Case ID: [REQ:[protected]]2
Dear Sir/Madam

(Case ID: [REQ:[protected]]
It has been around one month since I received this e-mail from you regarding the e-mail address or postal address of your CEOs and regarding documentation proving that EXPEDIA indeed provided the information to KLM (as you claim).

Why are you denying me that information?

Comment: I was updating my web site: (http://www.victimsofexpedia.com), as usual I'm asking you to tell me if something I put there is wrong. Please visit the site regularly and just tell me if you find something that is wrong or untrue.

Sincerely
XXXXXX

Of course, they never contacted me again.
I If you that think that what I'm writing here is not true. Ask EXPEDIA by yourself ([protected]@customercare.expedia.com, [protected]@expedia.com) and/or read carefully all the documentation in related websites.

• Ad
    Adam Drake Mar 23, 2007

Yep, I agree... been there done that with Expedia. Their Customer Service SUCK! I've spent tons of money on telephone calls from outside the states trying to resolve a simple issue with flight schedule changes. They outsource their operators from god only knows what country. Half can't speak English or even understand it and will tell you everything is confirmed when it's not. Expedia needs to get it's act together, until then I will never use them again!

john lee May 16, 2007

Made a change to my e-mail address

• Ty
    ty vongphakham Jun 26, 2007

I definitely agree, expedia is insane. It generated so much stress and such unnecessary chaos when something simple could have been done. Everyone that i've spoken to through expedia has no idea how to do their job... Its ridiculous. I been trying to speak to supervisors and they keep hanging up on me. I need to do something about what i have gone through. Please someone get back to me. Thx

Sandy Park Sep 05, 2007

We made our travel arrangements through Expedia.com. They booked us on a flight from Los Angeles, CA to Portland, OR with a connection through Sacramento, CA on 8/6/07. I was contacted by Expedia a week before our flight stating that there was a schedule change from Delta and that I needed to contact them ASAP. I did and they said that I needed to change my return flight. I agreed to change it, but when the agent told me that we would have to pay additional fees, I asked her why I had to pay when we were being re-booked by the agency. She put me on hold and when she came back on the phone, she told me that she spoke with a Delta airline agent and that our original flight was just fine. We had a connection time of 28 minutes, which I later found out was an illegal connection time. We arrived to Sacramento, CA on time, but because we had to change terminals and did not have enough connection time, we missed our connecting flight. The Delta agent told us that there was documentation showing that they contacted Expedia regarding the illegal connection time. Also she told me that when there is a terminal change, the connection time needs to be at least an hour. I spoke with an Expedia agent right away. They apologized for their error. The agent told me, after much discussion, that they would compensate us for the last leg of the flight, $110. Although I didn't feel that was adequate compensation for them intentionally deceiving us and making a reservation with an illegal connection time, we took what we could get at that moment. We were already going to miss our plans and I didn't want to "discuss" it any longer with the agent. A month later, after not seeing the refund on our credit card account, I called expedia again only to be told that there would be no refund. The agent said there was no documentation of the refund and that since we were able to be re-booked onto another flight back to Portland, they would not be able to compensate us as they had already paid Delta for the flight. I believe it is highly unethical for a travel agent to use deceptive practices to obtain business from clients who are unaware of airline regulations. Expedia made an illegal reservation, we paid the price and they refused to compensate us for our inconvenience. This is my complaint.

what a terrible way to run a company!

Had booked 4 nights at the Essex House through Hotels.com (Expedia). My stay there was very unsatisfactory...

I am still waiting for the refund

On september 30/2005 I bought two tickets from expedia to travel on december 29 2005 to madrid. On october 2005 my husband had an accident with cerebral hemorrhage. I call expedia to cancel the trip and they told me that I have a year to use the tickets due to the situation. My mistake was that I believe what they told me.

When I asked again for the refund they ask me for a doctors letter. I sent all the papers they ask me for via fax [protected]. On june 7 I ask again for the refund and they said to me that it takes 2 or 3 billings periods to be reimbursed to my credit card. I am still waiting for the refund. When yesterday I sent an e-mail to them asking for the refund. They told me that I have to talked to iberia at [protected]. Then I call iberia and they told me that I bought the ticket thru expedia and they are the one who has to gave me the refund. I think that they are playing pi-pon with my situation.

If anyone can help me with this I will appreciated very much. We are a retired couple. If you have any questions please contact me via e-mail or telephone
305-984-7sss. Thank you.

• Ed
    Edel Martinez Nov 26, 2006

I am in a similar situation and I've called once already but I've seem to have lost the address of where I'm supposed to send the doctor's papers. Could you email the address to me at [email protected] ? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sara Challice Jul 02, 2007

I also had a bad experience on an Iberia flight, IB 3166, 29th June 2007, 16:30.
    We had already spent 2 days traveling back from Peru and were on our last flight from Madrid to London Heathrow.

We were on the tail end of the queue for boarding, so when we climbed aboard the plane we discovered our designated seats had been filled with other passengers. We looked about in economy for empty seats, but there were none.

We decided to walk to business class and sit at the very back. A few moments later the air stewardess in business class came over to us and asked to look at our tickets. We explained our seats had been taken in economy and these were the only seats empty. She then very rudely asked 'Do you want ME to find you a seat?!' Jana replied, 'Yes please.'

We followed the air stewardess back into economy where, of course, there were no empty seats, and then left us stood in the gangway in front of all the other economy passengers and went back to tend to the business class passengers. After 5 minutes I started to get quite angry at the way we were being treated. After all, we were fare paying passengers and had originally been given a designated seat number. I asked an air steward if we could take a seat as we had paid for one on the flight, and if we sat in business class they did not need to serve us any drinks or food. He said very little and went up to business class.

Finally the air stewardess came back into economy and moved a lady in the front row of economy into business class and seated Jana in her seat. I was then split from my friend and placed in business class on my own. Bizarre.

Why give passengers a boarding pass with a designated seat number, only for it to mean nothing when boarding the plane? No apology was given at the lack of seats and we were made to feel unnecessarily awkward for no reason.

Also, why split myself and my friend up for no apparent reason, by moving another lady from her seat? I did look for the air stewardess as we disembarked from the plane at Heathrow so I could ask for her name, but she was nowhere to be seen. She was not even there to say goodbye to her business class passengers.

When I arrived inside the terminal, I then discovered my luggage had been lost. I then queued with many others whose luggage had been lost on the flight at the Iberia desk which had only one member of staff dealing with us all. Nobody else was there to help, and therefore it took well over an hour.

Sara Challice.

• Re
    rebecca watts Dec 12, 2007

First of all...look at who charged you for what..then if you read the rules before you buy your trip...clearly states that they only charged you 5 dollars...no offense...but they just work between us and the airline. when i bought my flight..it was through expedia..but on my credit card it showed 5$ to expedia.com and the rest went for delta airlines. Besides... you can always dispute this as well.

• Ca
    Carlie Apr 16, 2008

It has been almost 2 years since i was garuanteed a refund from Iberia airlines. After claiming they had "sent the refund" it took them more than a year and a half to admit that it was never put into my account...and then I was told that I would recieve it immediately...that still has not happend 6 months later... believe me I have tried everything i could think of to get it back. Before I take it to court please let me know if you have any suggestions...

[email protected]

• Kr
    kristy Jun 02, 2008

Helou

i'm from Slovenia and i have problems with Iberia too...

Can you help me and tell me what did you do... i write to iberia and they said to me i don't get a refund. But i have a ticket which says that flight was oversoled... what is my next move...

• Sh
    She is a lady Jun 05, 2009

Iberia sent me an email saying they could not process my details, that I should contact the airline or make a new reservation. So I contacted the airline and the sales lady told me I had not successfully purchased the reservation. I had to get a flight out on the date I had intended to travel, and so went ahead and made a new reservation. Now my credit card has been charged twice.
    I still have the email but I think that airlines are very hard to obtain a refund from. Has anyone else been in a similar situation? What should I do? I'm so annoyed.

expedia is a fraud and the public should be educated about its lies

I just recently booked a trip for my parents and their cousin (another couple) for Hawaii. They asked me to...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices