Menu
Expedia Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Expedia
reviews and complaints

www.expedia.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

4.3 8272 Reviews

How responsive is Expedia's customer service?

108 Resolved
1293 Unresolved
Very poor 🤒
We don't know much about how Expedia handles customer complaints outside ComplaintsBoard, but what we see here, on our website, is quite disappointing. We think there might be reasons for the company's actions (like not knowing about the complaints), and we would be happy to see them among customer-focused businesses that easily solve customer problems. But until that happens, we ask reviewers to be cautious when dealing with Expedia and using their services, and to carefully read the experiences of other customers on ComplaintsBoard, because who is warned is armed, you know! 💪
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Expedia has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
Write a review File a complaint

Expedia reviews and complaints 1469

Newest Expedia reviews and complaints

K
10:42 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia expedia. ca did not inform us that our hotel was purchased from thomas cook...

Months after purchasing flight and hotel in Madeira at Expedia.ca, 24 hours prior to leaving Canada I contacted the hotel to tell them we may be delayed because of staff strike at the airline. The answer shocked me - your reservation is invalid because of Thomas Cook bankruptcy. Come here and pay 1, 200 euros and you can stay.

What happen next was a long processions of calls, of of them useless. The rep asked me for the hotel phone number, then asked for another one, and finally she could not connect despite the fact that it was afternoon local time. She never offered any alternative hotel. We did not leave and when I contacted some supervisor, he told me they owe me nothing because I was offered an alternative and declined.

Avoid Expedia.ca! They screwed us up.

9:25 am EDT

Expedia unethical business behavior

I found Zezgo Car Rental in Orlando Florida on the expedia website. I made the mistake of not checking the reviews. This place is a scam, they are located far from the airport and when I arrived to the location I had to pay over $100.00 for a sun pass ticket. I explained I was using the car to drive to the cruise port and park and the car would not be used until I arrived back from the cruise and I was flying out so it would be use to get back to the airport. I was not given a choice and had to pay $13.99 a day for a sunpass I did not use. Expedia is aware because of the reviews, myself and the cusotmer after me called and complained.
Zezgo Car rental is a scam, if you dont belive me check all the negative reviews they have in Miami and Orlando. Expedia is aware and continues to do refer them.

A
8:53 pm EDT

Expedia car rental insurance

Expedia offers a car rental collision plan online for cars rented at Mississauga Canada (YYZ International Airport). However, the plan they provide does not reflect that it was paid to the car rental company after it is bought. As a result of this a separate plan has to be purchased. Expedia does not offer refund even though their plan is not accepted or acknowledged by the car rental companies at YYZ airport in Canada.

12:40 pm EDT

Expedia airline booking

I booked a ticket about a month ago. Due to medical reason, I had to cancel my flight because I couldn't travel. When I called expedia to reschedule or refund it, they said they couldn't and I have to deal with airlines for any refund. I asked them its a medical reason which is very genuine and anybody can get sick. At last they cancelled my ticket with no refund and NO rescheduling. Well, that is very bad customer service and would never recommend anyone using expedia.

R
6:03 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia expedia is harassing us for the flight tickets

On 26th September 2019, me(Rimika Datta) and my Husband (Mayank Ashok Mukherjee) onboarded flight MU 216 from YVR to NKG and NKG to KMG on ticket no: [protected] and journey went well. But while trying to board for the next leg of our journey from KMG to CCU for flight No. MU555 on the same ticket No: [protected], the China Eastern Airlines Ground Staff at KMG (Boarding Staff and Ground Staff #29303) told that my husband's ticket is not confirmed/cancelled and the only way he can onboard the flight is by buying a new ticket.

So, in emergency we had to withdraw cash and buy a new ticket with Ticket No# [protected] for 4149/- Chinese Yuan -(attached copy of the same) to onboard the flight. Apart from the monetary harassment of 4149/- Yuan, this also led to a lot of harassment of me and my Spouse due to rude and unhelpful behavior of the ground staff, lack of their English communication of the staff and lack of proper money exchange Kiosks- all this in a foreign country

After all these harrasment we are calling almost everyday to the Expedia support, Different agents / supervisors promising different things, but nothing is resolved from past 2 weeks.

#RIP of Justice

Update by Rimika Datta
Oct 10, 2019 10:54 am EDT

Boycott Expedia

Dobe
Carleton Place, CA
Oct 10, 2019 9:00 am EDT

Ridiculous outfit I would never recommend Expedia to my worst enemy. You are a rip off with the airlines, Air Canada being the worst. Credit are being issued by the airline rip off Air Canada in my case but you have to use the credit at THEIR DATES on their terms basically you have to travel during the week when seats are open on the flights in my case rip off AC and return before the weekend when all the seats for Expedia are filled, you need to have open seats on rip off AC and use your credit with humongous fees on top and on the end might as well forget your credit. $732.00 credit my A... I'm out $1, 800.00 with this trip of mine. Next time if there is a next time we will drag ourselves on the plan make sure that everybody knows that my husband is sick with a virus make sure we name the Quack that says he's OK to travel because we will contaminate everybody on the plane.

M
5:11 pm EDT

Expedia itinerary # [protected]

We booked a rental car for $143.41, but the company charge more than $1, 000

Beware of PRICELESS CAR RENTAL/EASY FLEET SR IN OTOPENI ROMANIA. They are SCAMMERS and CROOKS!
Never rent a car there. They required a $1, 000 guarantee charged to our credit card that was supposed to be refunded when we returned the car without damage. When we arrived at home, surprise! They charged $1, 112, 11 to our credit card. When we sent the proof that the agency signed a receipt showing that we returned the car without damage, they changed the story and said the charge was for insurance. We never signed for insurance because we were already covered by the credit card with which we paid for the rental. This fraudulent business damages the image of their beautiful country.

10:06 am EDT

Expedia bait and switch

On february 10, 2019 I booked a cruise on msc through expedia. On their site it offered a fantastica experience that included 12 drink vouchers per person. On september 15, 2019 I boarded the ship and was told that program was discontinued over a year ago. I called expedia and was told that this had happened before by a customer service rep named shannon. After three hours on hold I was told corporate would get back to me. When they called I was told that there was no way to prove that upgrade was on their site even though I was told that this had happened before. My case number is [protected]. My escalation number is [protected]. My booking number is [protected] and [protected] for two rooms and 5 people. I wish to be compensated for the difference for the difference of the bella package to the upgrade of the fantastica package

2:51 pm EDT

Expedia cancelled flight

Booked flight with interjet through Expedia.. Sold nonstop flight to Cancun and they cancelled to put us on a red eye through Montreal. $5200 holiday and we got $237 dollars back. Doesn't sound right. No help from Expedia. We had to find our own nonstop trip with cost us twice as much. No compensation of any kind. Are we being treated fairly. Is there anything we can do about this

N
11:27 pm EDT

Expedia refund request due to flight cancellation by oman air

I am very disappointed and upset with Expedia. I raised my issue to you since 19 Sep'19 under itinerary no. ends with 6971. Their support teams not getting a full refund for my flights booking due cancellation by Oman Air.

They made false statements in their emails: "tried to call your registered no." but no miss call during those periods on my phone. And they contacted the Oman Air Singapore office (+656603137) for my refund request and told me they called many times and also emailed to them and received no reply from airline. I found out myself that the Oman Air Singapore office already not existed a while ago.

I tried to contact Oman Air myself via KL and Muscat office after a week, their representatives never failed to reply me. Because my booking went through Expedia hence they couldn't any help from their end.

Till today, Expedia customer support is still asking me to give them 24-72 hours for them to send my refund request to Oman Air refund email address I provided to them.

View 0 more photos
R
4:12 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia paid extra for a soundproof room and there is no sound proof rooms.

We booked a self contained unit for a week from Expedia at IKON, Melbourne. Arriving from Brisbane we found the biggest lie was that we payed extra to get a sound proof unit. We knew the unit was near Glen Waverley train station and on arrival found a construction site across the road.
The receptionist informed us that they have no sound proof rooms. Hard to believe that IKON do not proof read what is advertise about them from payed companies like Expedia.

4:32 am EDT

Expedia received a refund but not what I was expecting

Rented a car through Exedia incl. $110 CDW insurance. When arrived at the counter of Enterprise rent a car they had no knowledge of the insurance so had to pay $360 for the same thing. Requested the $360 back from Expedia but they thought the original $110 refund was more than enough to cover up the screw-up . So I'm out of $250 because someone at the car rental department at Expedia did not do their job right.

Toby Newsom-Perkins
, US
Dec 30, 2019 3:12 pm EST

Rented a hotel room in Pearland, Texas. When I arrived at the hotel, my reservation had been cancelled. The hotel said my reservation was paid for with an American Express. However, we do not have that credit card. When I called Expedia, all they kept saying was there wasn't a problem on their end. At that point I got extremely mad, because the first alternative they gave to me was I could pay for another reservation until they could work the problem out. No way was I going to do that. After about an hour and a half I finally got into my room, once they called the hotel over 3 times trying to convince them the original confirmation was good. When I asked about the American Express they kept avoiding the question and tried to blame it on the hotel staff as a training issue. That made no sense. It doesn't matter if you pay for a room months in advance they will be able to confirm it is valid and not cancelled. I have used Expedia for years, but now I am considering not to in the future.

4:12 pm EDT

Expedia billing refund

When make reservation to stay a night in Indianapolis, IN. We book a night through your company for 2 double beds, And the Hotel only had one King bed, we had conformation on the double beds, You bill us $178.00 for the room. We had to go to another hotel because we have 2 teenaged daughters traveling with us, so we could not all sleep in one king size bed, as we explained this to the hotel as well as your customer service rep. so we had to go to another hotel that had a double bed room, and spend another $125.00.You refused to reimburse us for the $178.00. I have sense refuse to have you book rooms for me or My colleges. Very poor customer services. all I was asking was for a refund. This now has cost you future business?

Monty Barker

E
7:25 am EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia service mislead of issuing tickets and plane flying with

Do not use expedia

I Do not even know where to start but I am infuriated by the awful customer service and being so mislead.

I have used Expedia for years and always found service reasonable. I WILL never use your service again Scoot or Singapore airlines. Most disgusting rip off in the world

Upon making my choice of booking on Expedia it was advertised a singapore airlines flight from Singapore to GC premium price with food and luggage included. I weighed up this ticket from scoot and decided I wanted inboard entertainment for the 8 hour flight.

After booking my ticket was issued by Singapore airlines but the plane is operated by scoot. So I thought okay very unsatisfied with the trick in marketing as your putting a classy airline name on a tin can ticket with scoot.

Now my partner and I both bought tickets this flight and I have spent hours and hours and hours trying to seat the tickets together.

I called Scoot and Expedia and Singapore airlines back and forth and had all three companies NO one can help me because the issuing of tickets and who I'm really flying with and who I paid are All different things

Scoots answer is I bought from Singapore airlines so they cant allocate seats

Singapore Airlines said they don't even have access to the seating because the plane is SCOOT all they did was issue the ticket

Called Expedia to try get help all they said was call singapore airlines they issued the ticket. Singapore Airlines tells me to call scoot and scoot tells me they can't even find my booking because I only have reference numbers for SINGAPORE AIRLINES

I don't understand how you can advertise a flight with Singapore Airlines but operate by a totally different company. I called scoot and NONE OF my booking numbers even come up in there system because everything is issued by Singapore Airlines.

Then Singapore airline says they can't amend upgrade or do ANYTHING with my tickets because technically I'm flying on a scoot plane.

All my tickets say Singaoore Airlines but they basically laugh in my face and tell me There hands are tied. It took me 7 phone calls for an access of about 6 hours multiple arguments tears and explaining my situation over and over again.

The service was SO bad no one could help.

I had to argue and argue to get someone to help then I had to pay more money to move seats.

Its absolutely disgusting how poorly this was delt with

Aryan Russ
Aryan Russ
, GB
Sep 27, 2019 8:32 pm EDT

It is unlikely that such your unclear complaint can be understood and examined by some one.

If you wish some one to investigate the case, you need to submit the details, such as, in minimum:
- description of the events in timely manner,
- to attach the eticket/pnr/receipt
- to attach your complaint, which you had submitted to --pedia or to air carrier
- your explantions, why the aircarrier/travel agent is guity in the lack of the services related to your exact payment,
- what do you need in the result (your exact claims).

P
1:28 pm EDT

Expedia flight booking and customer service

Late 5 mins to check in and the airline could not help, neither try to talk to supervisor to allow me to check in or re-booked another flight. Only saying that if I could not catch this flight, the entire ticket will be no value. Called Expedia and was informed that if I could catch the flight in the middle, next connection, and the entire ticket was still good. So, I booked the new flight to catch a next flight. Talked to the airline and was informed that it did not work that way but the Airline told me to call back to Expedia to call the Airline to get special authorization. The Airline did not want to tell anything and told me to get back with Expedia. I then canceled the new reservation. Expedia told me to book a new the entire departure flight but still keep the returning flight. However, did confirm that i still could use the returning flight. Again, the airline reservation staff, told me that it would not work and did not want to tell anything else. Just told me to call back to Expedia to call the Airline. This time Expedia customer service did not call the airline but instead asked her supervisor that there is no special authorization or such a thing, my entire ticket will be zero value. Three different Expedia customer service staffs lacked of the knowledge how to work out this thing or handled this matter for customer and did not want to call to the Airline or to offer the customer to change the flight. And communication is another issue for call center outside the US. While I would be happy if I could get a new flight with fee and price differences, if they could help. The Airline, 800 number - no staff at the ticket counter at IAD, told me that Expedia had control over the booking but Expedia said it was up to the Airline whether I could get a new ticket or rebooked. This is ridiculous. Besides, the airlines were very bad service to assist the passenger, UNT-AN. I was once late using KAL, the counter staff issued me a new ticket just paying for the price differences and fee which was still better that throwing the entire ticket. This is excellent service from KAL but not the other 2 earlier. I am certain not to use Expedia and these 2 airlines in the future.

C
6:00 pm EDT

Expedia hotel and customer service

Rented hotel Super 8 by Wyndham West Kelowna BC from Sept. 10th - Sept 14th, 2019.
Itinerary #[protected]. Name Rod and Cindy Murphy. [protected]. [protected]@hotmail.com. Total price was $526.54.
When we got to the hotel 15 minutes before check in we were told the room wasn't ready which was fine because we were 15 minutes early. Check in was a 3 oclock. I was already a bit concerned because the entrance way and washroom was not clean and there was bad odors by the front desk. At approximately 3:30 we were told our room was done. we got to the room and it was not done and honestly quite filthy, they apologized saying that they were short staffed. This was the weekend of the BC senior games in Kelowna and they were full as was most hotels this weekend. I pointed out right away a very large fresh wet coffee stain on one of the mattresses and asked them to make sure we were not charged. At apporximately 4 pm our beds were made but the garbage was not emptied and the floors were not vacuumed. The toilet was quite dirty too around the rim. We gave them the benefit of the doubt as they were short staffed.
The next afternoon we came back from the games at approximately 2 pm and the room was not made up or cleaned. We asked for the room to be done and the guy at the front desk said he would send house keeping. We never did see house keeping. By that night we were out of toilet paper and the girl at the front desk gave us two boxes of Kleenex in which we had to use for the next day because she could not find the toilet paper. From there it spiraled down, no clean towels were given to us, no toilet paper, no plastic or paper cups were replaced as well as the toiletries. The third day the beds were made quickly but nothing else was done. Also looking forward to the hot tub after playing ball all day and it was pretty much luke warm. This was a very unpleasant stay for us and I continually heard complaints from other patrons that their rooms were not cleaned either. The only reason I didn't get real upset is because honestly one of the guys at the front desk was practically in tears from all the complaints and it clearly wasn't his fault. We book through expedia most of the time and this was definitely very bad. Requesting a refund or partial refund please for our stay. Thank you.

A
2:06 pm EDT

Expedia credit card hack

I used Expedia to book a hotel room in October. However, I utilized Expedia's website on 09/16 to make my reservation. On 09/17 I was contacted by my credit card company to inform me of fraudulent activities. I was charged two additional charges in the amount of $2000 this is a card that is used minimally, only for services such as these. Apparently Expedia's site was hacked for someone to immediately have access in less than 24hrs.

P
5:31 pm EDT
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Expedia the whole hotel stay was horrible

we had reserved the hotel san mateo sfo airport hotel on 350 bayshore blvd san mateo ca 94401. through expedia through the dates 9-12-19 to 9-15-19. expedia was great . the flight was great . it started off with the hotel . when we landed in sfo airport we could not get ahold of the hotel they would not answer so we can get a shuttle. found out that it was a shuttle from next door that they had used . so we had to take a taxi to to hotel. the next day we had went out . when we came back found that the house keepers took our personal soap that we had brought to the hotel. did not even replace all of the towels. or even the coffee and creamers. the door key took several time to open the doors. the house keepersmade the bed but did not fix the duvea it was all bunched up under the bed.. when i booked the hotel it said lounge and restruant.shuttle there is not it was at the inn nest door . so that is false avertising..we asked them if they can call us a taxi one day they called but could not get one because the spot that we wanted to go to was too close. they told us to walk that it was not to far. it was like 2 miles away. the last full day that we were there we asked them to wake us up at 4.30 in the morning they did not so glad that i set my clock to get up casue we could have been late for our plain to get home.
This hotel was very run down .one one side of uor room the window was broke on the other the door was alwyas open. i would not recomend this place to anyone.

i am requesting a refund of the whole hotel stay.
my itinerary # is [protected]
my email is [protected]@yahoo.com

Y
1:20 pm EDT

Expedia false information

Expedia representative guaranteed that the hotel is fully refundable, he claimed his manager guaranteed as well. After that je proceed it to cancel my trip to DR. After I called to check to make sure refund was in process. New Representative stated that no, we cannot get a refund 100% will be kept for the hotel. After I insisted that Expedia listen to the recording of the first representative and his guarantee of full refund. They proceeded to tell me its not possible to get any refund

M
5:30 pm EDT

Expedia booking service

On line I found multiple condos in Panama City beach Florida, I was going to book a condo with Airbnb and decided to book a different one threw Expedia (huge mistake). The pictures showed a separate bedroom from the living room, a dresser, plenary of space. I booked the room after siding this for quite some time... I checked in and it's a glorified motel room, with a refrigerator, a tiny broken stove and small sink! The place doesn't even have the same pictures on the walls as the ones in the picture.

I called and all they will do is issue a $100 voucher that expires in a year, so as we step over our suit cases in the floor to move around, and I go in the hall way to do computer work while my husband watches a ball game... all while contemplating leaving tomorrow after using only one night to go home as we can not manage the small space for 3 days... we have the peace of mind knowing that that though the put false pictures on line to cheat customers, but hey we have a $100 voucher we WILL NEVER USE!

we get to sit here knowing we paid more for a motel room with a balcony than we could have gotten the condo at shores of panama!

And Expedia doesn't care!

I'll stay home before I book threw them again worst customer service ever!

C
11:50 am EDT

Expedia Hotel that advertised airport shuttle but did not deliver

Upon my arrival at JFK International Airport around 10pm on Friday- 30 August 2019, I was directed by both JFK staff as well as Best Western, JFK, to go to Federal Circle via the Sky Train, where I would be able to catch the Hotel Shuttle for Best Western, Far Rockaway, New York as was advertised in the listing with Expedia, when I made my reservation on 11 August 2019

I waited for over an hour, calling repeatedly for assistance from Best Western JFK and Far Rockaway, without success and eventually had to take a taxi to the hotel (Receipt attached), finally arriving at the hotel and checking in around midnight on 30 August 2019, understandably exhausted and upset

As you can imagine, this experience did not meet my expectations for a complimentary shuttle to and from the hotel and I incurred additional expense and great inconvenience as a result of Best Western, Far Rockaway, New York having advertised a free hotel shuttle through Expedia, but not delivering on that same benefit promised

I require a reimbursement of the funds from the attached taxi receipt and wish to register my displeasure with this travel experience!

Let me know how and when the funds can be collected
You can contact me at colleen.[protected]@gov.ky

From: Brandon [mailto:brandon1@candw.ky]
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2019 8:21 PM
To: Williams, Colleen
Subject: [EXTERNAL] FW: Expedia travel confirmation - Fri, Aug 30. - (Itinerary #[protected])

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Taxi/limo via Square
Date: Aug 30, 2019 10:52 PM
Subject: Receipt from Taxi/limo
To: brandon1@candw.ky
Cc:

Square automatically sends receipts to the email address you used at any Square seller. Learn more

Taxi/limo

© 2019 Square, Inc.

1455 Market Street, Suite 600
San Francisco, CA 94103

© Mapbox © OpenStreetMap Improve this map

Square Privacy Policy · Not your receipt?

Manage preferences for digital receipts

From: Expedia.com
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2019 9:19 PM
To: brandon1@candw.ky
Subject: Expedia travel confirmation - Fri, Aug 30. - (Itinerary #[protected])

Packages
Hotels
Cars
Flights
Cruises
Things to Do
Deals
Rewards

Thank you, Colleen! Your hotel booking is confirmed.
You scored a great price with Expedia.
Continue the savings with deals on cars, flights and activities.

VIEW FULL ITINERARY

1 adult

Special requests*
1 Queen Bed
Non-smoking room

*All special requests (such as in-room amenities, bed type, and smoking preference) are shared with the hotel, but requests are not guaranteed and may incur additional charges. We recommend you confirm them directly with the hotel before travel.

Manage Booking

Free cancellation until August 29 at 1:00 PM (Eastern Standard Time (US & Canada))

Pricing Summary

$22.68

Total
$152.67

Collected by the hotel
Unless specified otherwise, rates are quoted in US dollars.

Additional hotel fees
These fees and deposits only apply if they are not included in your selected room rate.
The price DOES NOT include any applicable hotel service fees, charges for optional incidentals (such as minibar snacks or telephone calls), or regulatory surcharges. The hotel will assess these fees, charges, and surcharges upon check-out.
Rules and restrictions
For rules and restrictions please view your full itinerary.

Cancellations and changes
If you cancel or change your plans, please cancel your reservation in accordance with the property's cancellation policies to avoid a no-show charge.
Cancellations or changes made after 1:00pm (Eastern Standard Time (US & Canada)) on Aug 29, 2019 or no-shows are subject to a property fee equal to 100% of the total amount paid for the reservation.
Guest charges and room capacity
Base rate is for 1 guest.
If rates are listed below, they may be quoted in the currency of the country where the property is located.
Total maximum number of guests per room/unit is 2.
Maximum number of adults per room/unit is 2.
Maximum number of children per room/unit is 1.
This property considers guests aged 12 and under, at time of travel, to be children.
Availability of accommodation in the same property for extra guests is not guaranteed.
For details on Best Western's privacy policy, visit www.bestwestern.com/privacy.

Special Instructions
24-hour airport shuttle service is available. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Late arrival instructions
If a late check-in is planned, contact this property directly for their late check-in policy.

Get protection in case of last-minute cancellations or missed hotel nights.
PROTECT MY HOTEL

Expires 24 hours after confirmation of hotel booking.

Where to find help

For special requests and questions about your reserved room or the hotel property, contact Best Western Far Rockaway Inn.
Phone: Tel: 1 (718) 9254285
Message Hotel

Download our FREE mobile app

Call to book:
1-800-Expedia

My Account | Privacy Policy | Add us to your address book | Customer Service |
View this email in a web browser

You are receiving this transactional email based on a recent booking or account-related update on Expedia.com.

Contact information: Expedia, Attn: EMC Team 333 108th Avenue NE Bellevue, WA 98004, USA. Expedia cannot receive replies to this email.

CST# [protected]

© 2019 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Expedia, Expedia Rewards, +VIP Access and the Airplane logos are registered trademarks, or trademarks, of Expedia, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other products are trademarks of their respective owners.

EMLCID=US.PT.EVENTTRIGGEREDMAILING.ENSPURCHASECONFIRMATION.HOTEL&EMLDTL=DATE20190812-ISSUX.SIDX.KEY94298948424.PAIDX.LANGEN_US.MCIDX.TEST20.VERSX.MIDS1-25659_2-33606_3-33510_4-33491_5-32376_6-33420_7-29845_8-31420

Expedia In-depth Review

Website Design and User Experience: The website design of Expedia is clean and user-friendly, making it easy to navigate and find the information you need. The search bar is prominently displayed, allowing users to quickly search for flights, hotels, and car rentals. The layout is intuitive, with clear categories and filters to refine your search results.

Booking Process and Ease of Use: The booking process on Expedia is straightforward and hassle-free. Once you have selected your travel options, the website guides you through the booking process step by step. The checkout process is seamless, and you can easily review and modify your booking details before finalizing your purchase.

Range of Travel Options: Expedia offers a wide range of travel options, including flights, hotels, car rentals, vacation packages, and activities. Whether you're looking for a budget-friendly option or a luxury getaway, Expedia has something for everyone. The website also provides detailed information about each option, helping you make an informed decision.

Pricing and Discounts: Expedia offers competitive pricing and frequently provides discounts and deals on various travel options. The website allows you to compare prices from different airlines and hotels, ensuring that you get the best value for your money. Additionally, Expedia's loyalty program offers exclusive discounts and benefits to its members.

Customer Service and Support: Expedia provides excellent customer service and support. Their customer service team is available 24/7 to assist you with any queries or issues you may have. The website also has a comprehensive FAQ section and a live chat feature, making it easy to get the help you need.

Loyalty Program and Rewards: Expedia's loyalty program, Expedia Rewards, allows members to earn points on their bookings, which can be redeemed for future travel. The program offers additional benefits, such as exclusive discounts, free upgrades, and access to VIP amenities. Joining the loyalty program is free and easy.

Mobile App Functionality: Expedia's mobile app is user-friendly and offers the same functionality as the website. You can easily search and book flights, hotels, and car rentals on the go. The app also provides real-time updates on your travel itinerary and allows you to manage your bookings conveniently.

Trustworthiness and Security: Expedia is a trusted and reputable travel website. They have been in the industry for many years and have established partnerships with major airlines and hotel chains. The website uses secure encryption technology to protect your personal and payment information, ensuring a safe and secure booking experience.

Travel Insurance Options: Expedia offers travel insurance options to provide peace of mind during your trip. You can easily add travel insurance to your booking during the checkout process. The website provides detailed information about the coverage and benefits of each insurance option, allowing you to choose the one that best suits your needs.

Cancellation and Refund Policies: Expedia's cancellation and refund policies vary depending on the travel option you have booked. The website provides clear information about the cancellation and refund policies for each booking, allowing you to make an informed decision. It is recommended to review the policies before making a booking.

Additional Services and Features: In addition to flights, hotels, and car rentals, Expedia offers various additional services and features. These include airport transfers, travel guides, and activities. The website also provides helpful travel tips and recommendations to enhance your travel experience.

Overall Rating and Recommendation: Expedia is a reliable and user-friendly travel website that offers a wide range of travel options at competitive prices. The website design and user experience are excellent, making it easy to find and book your desired travel options. The customer service and support are top-notch, ensuring a smooth and enjoyable booking experience. With its loyalty program and mobile app functionality, Expedia provides added benefits and convenience to its users. Overall, Expedia is highly recommended for all your travel needs.

How to file a complaint about Expedia?

1. Log in or create an account: Ensure you are logged in to your ComplaintsBoard.com account. If you do not have an account, please register by providing the necessary details to create one.

2. Navigating to the complaint form: Once logged in, locate the 'File a Complaint' button located at the top right corner of the website and click on it to access the complaint form.

3. Writing the title: In the 'Complaint Title' field, concisely summarize the main issue you have encountered with Expedia. Make it specific and clear, such as "Incorrect Billing on Hotel Booking" or "Cancellation Policy Not Honored".

4. Detailing the experience: In the complaint description, provide a detailed account of your experience with Expedia. Include key areas such as:

• The nature of the service or product you used.
  • Specific details about any transactions, including dates, amounts, and confirmation numbers.
  • A clear description of the problem and how it has affected you.
  • Any communication you've had with Expedia's customer service, including their response or lack thereof.
  • Steps you have taken to resolve the issue and the outcomes.
  • The personal impact, such as inconvenience, financial loss, or stress.

Be as factual and chronological as possible to paint a clear picture of the events.

5. Attaching supporting documents: Attach any relevant documents or evidence that supports your complaint. This could include receipts, emails, screenshots, or confirmation numbers. Do not include sensitive personal information such as credit card numbers or passwords.

6. Filling optional fields: Use the 'Claimed Loss' field to indicate any financial losses you have incurred due to the issue. In the 'Desired Outcome' field, describe what resolution you are seeking from Expedia, whether it's a refund, an apology, or another form of compensation.

7. Review before submission: Carefully review your complaint for clarity, accuracy, and completeness. Ensure that all the information provided is correct and that your desired outcome is reasonable and clearly stated.

8. Submission process: Once you are satisfied with your complaint, click the 'Submit' button to send your complaint to ComplaintsBoard.com.

9. Post-Submission Actions: After submitting your complaint, keep an eye on your ComplaintsBoard.com account for any responses or updates. You may receive feedback from other users or from Expedia through the platform, so it's important to monitor the progress of your complaint.