Europcar — fraud and rip off!
Having booked through Travelocity, we picked up our rental car from Copenhagen and dropped it off at Frankfurt airport 3 days later. Europcar helped themselves to 2 extra days rental fee and insurance charges, which amounted to nearly $400 U.S. They sent us an invoice claiming that we had returned the car 2 days after we flew out of Europe! We tried to resolve through Travelocity first and then American Express, and to our disappointment, neither company seemed to try too hard when faced with Europcar stonewalling with explanations that didn't even add up. I don't understand how a company like this could be Europe's largest rental car company. Do not use Europcar and if you use an intermediary insist that they do not use Europcar.
More Europcar Complaints & Reviews
- EC Vehicle Rental - unrecognised transaction
- Europcar - fraud and cheating!
- Europcar - europcar "serenity pack" scam
- Europcar - worthless insurance cdw
- Europcar Spain - overcharging - swindle!
- Europcar - charged vat on a rental advertised as being 'vat included'
- EC vehicle rental Watford - Unrequested hire charge
- Europcar Italy, Trento - unauthorized credit card charges, unethical behaviour
- Europcar International - fake additional discharges-rental 4500330924 dr49153-15/03/2019
- Europcar International - refund