Menu

Eureka Forbes  -  Poor after sale setvice

C
Author of the complaint
12:37 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

With deep regret I write to inform you that on 19.01.11 I replaced my old Aqua Guard water purifier with your ‘Aqua Guard Total Protect’ water purifier through your sales person Sri Bijoy Kumar Mukherjee vide your invoice no. [protected] dated 19.01.11.

At the time of purchase I expressed my deep anguish over my last 20 yrs experience as an user about the sad state of your after sale service.

I was repeatedly assured of much better service this time. But, the unfortunate fact is though I am supposed to get 4 free services during the first year, yet till date only 1 free service was done and that too after repeated phone call to your customer care.

On 14.10.11 the water flow from the machine was totally stopped. We lodged a complaint to your customer care at 11am on that day and were assured of attendance within 24hours.

However when none attended the machine within 24 hours we opened again on 15.10.11 at 11:30am and was told that 24 hours means 24 working hours or 3 days. Thereafter they stopped picking up the phone.

Ultimately about 5:30pm only on personal intervention on my request by some of your senior officer the defect was attended.

Only two & half months of my free service period are left and 3 free services are due. If this is your attitude to the old customers of 2 decades I can only say this does not speak highly of your company.

I am using lot of other gadgets from other companies; at least they keep their sale assurance.

In view of the above I feel:

a) You should ask your customer care to be more effective and to be more polite & helpful to your customers.

b) My free service period to be extended for further 6 months i.e. upto July, 2012so that I can avail three remaining free services.

At the end I can only say that all my friends, relatives even my office has the same bitter experience about your after sale service.

Hoping for an early action,

Mr. Chandan Ray
312 Rajdanga Main Road,
Kolkata-78
(Mobile:[protected])

Jan 20, 2012 9:03 am

I am happy to write you that your representatives viz Mr. Sudip Kr. Basu & Mr. Suprakash Haldar called at my residence yesterday (19.01.12) evening. They gave a patient hearing to our grievance, expressed their regret over the issue.

They offered a very reasonable offer formula i.e. to increase the present warranty period by 2 months and to complete two remaining free services by that time. Thereafter we will enter the A.M.C.

Thus the grievance is settled.

I thank you for appropriate action and hope that in future I would never have to face such problems.

Jan 18, 2012 11:34 am

On 01.11.11 I lodged a complaint with you regarding your after sale service. You vide your mail informed me that your executive at Kolkata will visit me after an appointment to settle the issue.

On 30.11.11 you asked me whether the dispute was settled. On 01.12.11 I replied no action has yet been taken. On 15.01.12 your Kolkata office phoned me for renewal of Service Contract. When I raised the issue of remaining services he rudely replied that nothing can be done and if I don’t sign the contract they are not responsible for future.

Please confirm your stand so that I can arrange for alternative action under The Consumer Protection Act, 1986 or any other such forum for redressal of my grievance. An early action will be appreciated

([protected])

Dec 01, 2011 10:32 am

I am really shocked to receive your mail dated 30.11.11. You vide your mail dated 02.11.11 assured that your personnel will call to fix the date & time for servicing my water purifier. Till date nobody has not even bothered to contact me.
Now you are asking me whether the file can be closed? Really wonderful!

5 comments
S
Nov 10, 2021 4:29 am

I was glad to read such an informative and useful blog

Ro service centre in North Kolkata

H
Jun 24, 2007 12:00 am

I have purchased water purifier of eureka forbes on 10 may 2006. After the purchase of the purifier the company person has committed me that after 6 months they will be visiting our place for service and change of carbon, but after 13 months are over no one from the dealer or the company came to my house for change of the carbon. I also think that after the purchase of the purifier i am used to it but since they have not come and changed the carbon i think i am not drinking pure water and had caused many of the stomach disease. Me and my family are really suffering from stomach disease after this problem.

S
Oct 24, 2007 12:00 am

I purchased Aquaguard RO system in July, & just after 2 months problem starts occuring in the system. I m really worried about the system, this is worst RO system i have ever seen in my life...
and also its service. Eureka forbes service responds very late...At last i want to say to every one that please dont purchase any eureka forbes product...they are the worst service provider

Jan 20, 2012 7:27 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dear Mr. Chandan Ray,

We have received feedback from our service team that your issue has been attended and resolved. We request you to kindly confirm the same.

Should you require any further assistance in the future, please feel free to write in.

Regards,
Eureka Forbes Team

Nov 30, 2011 4:36 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Dear Mr. Chandan Ray,

We have not heard from you for quite long now. Kindly conform your status so that we can mark the issue as closed from our end.

Please feel free to write in for any assistance required.
Regards,
Eureka Forbes team

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

147 complaints
37 resolved 110 unresolved

Eureka Forbes contacts

(added by reviewer)
B1/B2, 701, 7th Floor, Marathon Innova Marathon NextGen, Off Ganpatrao Kadam Marg Lower Parel, India