Etsyuseless trust and safety team/admin

E

I have perfect feedback over three years at Etsy. I recently was in a transaction which ended in dishonest billing, fraud, extortion, and ongoing harrassment online. I have reached out to Etsy Trust every week for three weeks---and they send the same form Email every time. "we are looking into this matter but can't tell you anything". The Trust and Safety of every buyer is at stake from the shop I dealt with and Etsy has done nothing to move in on the seller to examine the hard, printable, paper evidence I have provided ETsy Admin. They do not answer phones, and they have nothing new to say. It's embarrassing.

jackrip Aug 18, 2015

I was involved in a scam by a "store" (lespierevintage) in France. Person admitted repeatedly she found the only box laying around and put a 100 year old statue in said box, It rolled around over the big ocean and arrived to me in so many pieces it was a total disaster. When I told the seller I wanted a full refund they first agreed then changed their minds. They repeatedly admitted it was the only box they could find and they knew it was too big but they no longer had my money to refund me! Etsy "Trust and Safey" was a TRUE NIGHTMARE. Total crooks. I showed them pictures of the box with the item in it, took screen shots of the sellers admittance to the shotty packaging, and they still sided with the seller. They said all she had to do was provide proof she mailed it to me. That was it she was off the hook. THe only way to get my money back was to ship item back and spend 73.00 more bucks non refundable. INSANE. paypal didn't help me get all my money but got a good portion. I had to file complaint with my CC company. Bottom line here, trust and safety was a joke. They don't answer phones, take days to answer emails, side with crooked people. There are no code of ethics here people. I would LOVE to see this site shut down, I am closing my account and won't be back ever. Ebay is the way to go.

Comments

• Ha
    harmonynme Mar 12, 2013

PLEASE other shop owners! This is happening to many of us! You must start to speak up! This company has a net worth of $600 million, and $950 million in sales. There's only one reason for their unethical practices - it's done on purpose.
    no phone support
    lack of reply or explanation
    lack of warning
    DO SOMETHING!!
    It happened to me, crippling my livelihood, within a week. Even the fine print is vague. REPORT WHAT THEY'VE DONE, and more importantly, if you ARE considering opening a shop on Etsy, HEED the warnings. Do your research. DON'T DO IT!!