Menu
ADVERTISIMENT
Home Online Shopping Etsy deleted without an explanation and harassing emails without provocation

Etsy review: deleted without an explanation and harassing emails without provocation

Author of the complaint
8:10 pm EDT
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

As both a seller and consumer on etsy for the better part of 3 years, I can say with much experience that the vendors, for the most part, are reputable, hard working people who stand by their products. The products are, for the most part, as described and well made. The rub, however, is with the "etsy team", or management personnel. If you are a vendor be prepared to be subjected to abuse galore. The rules are not for the "etsy team" to follow, but rather interpret at whim. Finally, if you are a minority of any ethnicity and make no efforts to conceal such, be very prepared for targeting and profiling. You will have your shop shut down while you are on vacation, items deleated without an explanation, and harrassing emails without provocation.

So, in a nutshell-the sellers are wonderful. The "etsy team" or those in power at etsy are abusive.

So, how can they help me? Communicate before taking action? Reinstate my shop!

101 comments
G
Aug 08, 2022 3:19 pm EDT

My account was suspended without explanation on 31 July. I can access the site and view items but cannot purchase or contact sellers. Attempts to reach a human have been unsuccessful.

Jul 31, 2022 6:08 pm EDT

Wow. These comments are disheartening. How is a company the size of Etsy allowed to operate this way? I opened and account, Saturday 7/30/2022 , and it was suspended the same day. No email from Etsy and every email and number I could find online was no longer working. Isn’t this against a federal law?

If anyone has a way to contact Etsy, please let me know. I don’t think I’m a candidate for a class action lawsuit but I hope you guys can seek justice for yourself.

Thanks.

Jul 12, 2022 7:25 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My shop was also shut down. There are thousands of products just like mine. It's like they singled me out.

I will join a suit.

Patriciamarie6666@gmail.com

E
May 27, 2022 1:48 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hi I am another seller in the same boat - did anything happen with a class action lawsuit... I would like to be part of it too. I also had my shop closed all of a sudden and face serious loss due to my business and portfolio of 3 years of time and money being taken away.

Mar 19, 2022 8:37 pm EDT

Hi, I'm an other seller from Etsy ready for class action. After 3 years of good business they suspend my store arguing my bank account refused the paiment ( I checked with my bank and the found no track of any transfer refused). I opened a new bank account and received the paiement they owned me but them no answer to me email and my store still blocked.

So on top of of 1400 items listed paid for no publication and lost of revenue for my business I have also my brand name who is stolen from Etsy as if you search on Google my domaine name, the 3 first result coming out on Google is Etsy website driving you to other Etsy store. Like every one I have no answers to my mails to Etsy.

If someone opening a class lawsuit you can contact me to info@pargems.com to be part of it.

Mar 22, 2022 7:43 pm EDT

Please inform me as well I will love to start a class action lawsuit against ETSY for various injustice against sellers!

Please reach out — Occultalchemy@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2022 8:35 pm EDT

I would like to help you start this ... there are so many complaints online. I am sure people can be rallied to work together to file a class action lawsuit against Etsy. Please let me know, thanks!

Jun 30, 2022 12:58 am EDT
Replying to comment of Occult A

Visit my twitter and you'll find hundreds of people that will join a class action lawsuit. Including me. @acidsecs - twitter handle

I will be posting the other 10,000 1-star reviews over the coming month. Each review is from a different seller, buyer, or both.

Z
Dec 07, 2021 2:00 pm EST

Same thing happened to me. They are holding thousands of my $$$$ for 6 MONTHS. Only after 3 months/ 20+ support emails and requests did I get a human email that basically said [censored] off. Any links on how to get the ball rolling on a class action guys?

Aug 21, 2021 9:05 am EDT

Hey guys I have a plan to get them to notice this and it's to consistently post on their absolute garbage linked in posts / they spruik how they are all community responsible etc however have suspended my store and nearly $15, 000 worth of funds to be paid out in 6 months! When I have fulfilled every single order. I think everyone on here should comment on their linked in and kick up a big fuss

Aug 25, 2021 6:24 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Count me in! I am so frustrated and this can not be legal to withhold funds for 6 months. If you are going to hold my money I would like interest added on. I will send several emails a day as well as take to their social media. I just want my funds that are respectfully owed to me

F
Sep 17, 2021 9:50 pm EDT

Also do report shops that violate Etsy's rules and polices. If they lose sellers, they lose everything. I reported some shops that clearly sell brand new design bags and counterfeits. Guess what. Those bad listings and shops are still up. Why is that? Perhaps this company is really discriminating, turning a blind eye on shops that pay for Etsy ads, for example? I received no complaints from buyers, so the only reason I suspect why my shop was shut down is someone reported my shop. I just want equal and fair treatment.

Jul 06, 2021 11:57 am EDT

Count me in.. i have a shop but i was a buyer when my thing started.. Now I'm very upset with etsy but i was threatened then cursed the guy at. Etsy out.. Uhh severely.. Very not lady like.. I Had a jewelry shop for 10-plus years and never had a problem until I started buying from other sellers. I bought stones that were supposed to be beads but they came like drill tumbled rocks.. I contacted the seller but she didn't agree with me I said something along the lines of "your crazy then " as a joke but she thought I was hostile so i said "my mind matters. I see you're from the south. I understand how us northerns seem aggressive so i apologize" she asked me if I want to refund but at first I don't want to deal with that.. Then I found out My funds are getting cut and I said okay I need that $22.. she said "i thought you didn't want it? "I said "okay if you don't want to give me a refund I'm going to have to escalate it".. Then i get an email from etsy customer service, telling me that I'm going against the house rules and violations like this could shut down my shop. But i can get help by filling my own dispute…. finally I did open a case and they gave me a full refund but that's all they said... I never returned on etsy so idk if i send the product back because thats not cool she has to eat it either. .i write her to see where to send them back . etsy e-mails me again "l told you to not contact her I told you about policy", at first I was off guard…and apologized because i legit didnt know… . then I freaked out!
Because every month i pay etsy…but this has nothing to do with my store. I'm a customer of etsy and the seller. i got a misrepresented product? Thats my violation? I bought beads. Thats it…Im 40 years old… im not a child.. Im not an equally liable party in this… Im the one who, like my husband said, gets caught up in doing the right thing… that's the story of my Life..as far as Etsy, it has tons of competition sneaking very close…im going elsewhere but i wish i could join u all... Ill be there in spirit

May 05, 2021 12:40 pm EDT

I have had an issue with etsy. They keep canceling my accounts without cause. They sent me an email saying "After a close review of your account, my team and I have determined that we can no longer accommodate your business on Etsy. " I sell jewelry and it well established. I have a website and customer base. They give me no explanation. It is discrimination. I want to be a part of whatever lawsuit is going. Their advertising is robbing people and they aren't transparent. They're an absolute disgrace. I am writing an article about them as a watchdog. If anyone wants to contribute let me know.

Mar 20, 2021 10:08 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Regardless of Etsy's terms of use you do have rights. Etsy's terms of use are illusory, one sided, not in good faith and often courts find these terms unenforceable. Etsy does discriminate including disability discrimination. Etsy needs to be thoroughly investigated. If you feel you were discriminated against based off of a disability, meaning the disability is directly related to the adverse action taken email me kmhjewel87@ gmail . There is recourse, but hire an attorney to help you, arbitration. You can go it alone but be prepared to do your due diligence! Also I am following a case right now by a former seller per another online marketplace where an employee is being sued. So I am under the impression that Etsy employees can be sued individually if they have harmed you. Consult with an attorney. I am not one. don't always believe what you read (as per terms). Etsy is a bully and they do discriminate. And per those saying Etsy is profiling them by removing their shop for copyright/trademark items they have every right to that is illegal! Just because they have not removed others just means they have not gotten to them yet or even know of them. It does not mean you are targeted.

Oct 05, 2020 2:34 pm EDT

I am another seller in support of a class action suit against Etsy for discrimination.

My shop has been closed now for a couple of weeks without means for direct, real time communication. I posted a listing that contained a prohibited constituent. After receiving notification from the Integrity Team, I promptly reformulated, relabelled and relisted my product. At this point, it was in alignment with their policy (as it is written). And, the product is now quite similar to hundreds of other products sold on their platform.

I made 1 sale of the newly listed item before I was flagged and the whole shop was closed. They have repeatedly refused to delineate how I may modify to be in compliance. They have refused to comment as to why many other sellers are able to freely sell a comparable product. I have many many attempts to resolve this issue directly, though I continue to receive either no response or a pre-written form letter that does not directly answer my questions or provide guidance.

My business has been solely based around my Etsy marketplace, therefore this represents a financial burden.

Jun 27, 2020 2:25 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bre's Sweet Factory is a seller on ESTY and this seller is a scam. They sold defective face masks, authorized a return, and then refused to refund money because they claimed I made the face mask defective. What a way to defraud people out of their hard earned money.

I am reaching out to ESTY for support in this matter.

Jun 19, 2020 7:12 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

How are you doing now? What have you done against Etsy?

Q
Feb 21, 2020 12:37 pm EST

I live in Texas, i will like to join a class action lawsuit against Esty.

Q
Feb 21, 2020 11:52 am EST

I am in, with class action lawsuits

Jan 26, 2020 12:47 am EST

FYI they closed the case as "Completed" without actually doing anything or even responding. Is it because I'm a different ethnicity?

View 0 more photos
Z
Jan 26, 2020 12:10 am EST

Esty is a scumbag operation, SELLER BEWARE !

Jan 25, 2020 11:51 pm EST

Same with me they are high profile con-artists. I even sent a complaint ticket to them and noticed it was marked completed even though they didn't respond to anything. At first I didn't think anything of it but now that you say this they are racist I tried looking for items similar to mine and couldn't anything. I didn't suspect at all before reading this because of how innocent my product is, a coloring book in kids style Arab heroes. It was so confusing because I followed all the rules. Anyways they don't deserve the hype they get for sure I'm sorry for the money I lost but never coming back to this platform.

Nov 06, 2019 6:01 am EST

Hello, tried to purchase 10/9/2019 and was told I would be notifidy when shipped from Australia Purchase # [protected].Have not heard from seller.Need advice.Thanks, Daniel Begley

Nov 03, 2019 9:54 pm EST

I look at all of these large E-commerce selling platforms like Ponzi schemes. If their intention was to bring together the best qualified, professional sellers with buyers who shop with integrity they would do the exact opposite of what nearly all of them do now especially Etsy. We sold on Etsy for nearly 5 years. 3 years without a hitch until they removed the original creator of the site and it was all downhill from there. The new management went into Bolshevik mode by manipulating the search algorithm because they claimed smaller sellers weren't selling enough when the fact is these were mainly people who were selling junk or copyrighted merchandise illegally, to begin with, and many weren't capable of even running a productive upstanding shop. They literally took all of the most popular searched items from shops who were selling a lot and put those items at the very end of the search results. From Pg 1 to Pg 200 overnight and we still paid the same fees. They should have been sued and exposed big time just for that unethical scheme. Instead of paying for one listing you may pay five to ten tims that before they move those items into Pg results to where they were seen and could sell They changed their policies to benefit buyers so they could abuse the dispute system with and then did the same with their 5 star review system and took away the sellers review for buyers which put sellers at risk of not knowing who was buying from our shops. To top it off they monitor the community chat and would abuse anyone who spoke out about them, their service, and even punished sellers who weren't politically correct enough for them. We seen the writing on the wall in 2016 and closed up shop after we had already put our catalog together and saved all merchandise photos and desriptions including saving the reviews which were 98% excellent. We went offline of all major E-com platforms and set up our own selling platform and bought our own ads on all of the search engines and SMS sites . We were fortunately, foward thinking enough and put together an Email list for our repeat buyers which still buy from us today and they carried us until we were able to get the following we have today. These new pukes at Etsy don't care about the company they work for let alone their investors. Etsy is a selling platform. They sell to the sellers who are buyers of their product yet they have no review system setup for themselves so sellers can review the kind of abhorrent service we had received from them. I'm shocked they are even still in business so many sellers jump off that sinking ship years ago. I'm certain that all of you posting here will do whatever it takes to do what you love and make great connections in the business like we did. It will be rough for about six months or maybe sooner depending on your strategy and how hungry you are to succeed. Just the fact you are all posting here is a testament to that. Write the investors. Sue based on the abuse, not for being terminated. That is just part of the abuse. Talk only to your attorney and trust nobody on the Email. The management and unqualified techs there are vile, uncouth, corrupt, SJW extreme and very shady. They will have no problem spreading lies on the internet about you.

Jan 03, 2020 6:11 pm EST
Replying to comment of #oneseller

Nobody should waste their time on Etsy, two years of work went down the drain today when my shop was permanently suspended. This happened fast, without much warning, so sadly have none of the preparation and data you wisely suggest. The name Etsy now makes me physically nauseous, I can only hope that they reap the negative energy they have sown and it closes their business too, just as it has closed all of ours.

Oct 12, 2019 9:27 am EDT

etsy help center + mail
interest relevance very bad, very bad, very bad

V
Sep 28, 2019 2:31 pm EDT

So here’s the deal... this is why you can’t find any information about sellers bringing a class action lawsuit against Etsy. Like it or not, we all sadly and tragically agreed to their arbitration & non-class action clauses in the Seller Agreement. The good news, arbitration could still be an option but per Section 7, Etsy:

“may terminate or suspend your account (and any related accounts) and your access to the Services at any time, for any reason, and without advance notice. If we do so, it’s important to understand that you don’t have a contractual or legal right to continue to use our Services, for example, to sell or buy on our websites or mobile apps. Etsy may refuse service to anyone, at any time, for any reason.”

Good luck to you all. Y’all are rock stars, so keep rockin’ & rollin’. 🤘🏼

Jan 03, 2020 5:52 pm EST

Thank you so much for this Vivian, it's massively helpful and well considered, however I know from experience that just because you agree to a clause/term in an online agreement which was written by one party "Etsy" that unfairly favours one party "Etsy" that almost nobody would have read before or since signing up with Etsy doesn't mean it's enforceable. Having that clause certainly wouldn't make it easier, but there must be precedent where a contracting party's legal rights trump an unfair/one sided term in a contract which was written into the contract by that unfairly favoured party. There is such a thing as reasonable and this clause as well Etsy's behaviour in most of the examples cited seem far from reasonable. But the clause you raise is a concern and if a class action isn't wise then perhaps arbitration is an option.

Sep 25, 2019 1:36 pm EDT

I ordered a t-shirt for my daughter's 4th birthday in a small Junior and was sent a shirt that is 4T which is not the same. The shirt is to small and I am requesting a refund or a rushed shirt in the corrected size. Her birthday party is on Saturday and this is the matching shirt to the adult T that I ordered from the same company.

Sep 21, 2019 3:18 pm EDT

I have been a seller on etsy for about 4 years and I have recently (thru the IRS bill of 9k I just got) that etsy puts EVERYTHING on the 1099Ks, including the shipping that never touches out hands and all of their fees. So How can they say that is how much money we made when 40% we never touch? Also, this new free shipping thing. I can not possibly give free shipping, especially with the weight of my products, I would make no money at all, only etsy would. I have been wondering why all of the sudden this summer my sales have gone down by about 80%. How is this fair that your products will not even be seen unless you offer free shipping! And I refuse to extort my customers to make up for it so etsy continues to make money. If anyone wants to go in on a class action suite, I am in! Us sellers are the one doing all the hard work and they are messing with our lives. They went from a community to just another greedy corporation.

Jan 03, 2020 5:39 pm EST
Replying to comment of CelineABC

I'm on board with a class action. Suspended as of today, without recourse or reasonable justification.

Apr 28, 2019 1:04 am EDT

Same thing here. Would love to see a class action law suit happen. It’s about time hard working entrepreneurs stood up for their rights. What Etsy is doing is completely illegal and uncalled for.

Aug 17, 2019 2:50 am EDT

Hi Anna! Just found this thread and since you most recently commented I’m hoping this finds you - I’m in the same boat, money taken unlawfully by Etsy, aware of the fact that Etsy is negligent at best, corrupt and deceitful at worst, and as a seller would LOVE to file a class action. Wanted to ask if you know of any traction around this? I haven’t started looking around yet but we clearly have a case, and I also just genuinely want to see Etsy crumble so something better can take its place. Any info would be great. Or - maybe we can share resources and brainstorm!

Jan 03, 2020 5:36 pm EST

Hi Danielle and Anna,
My shop is suspended as of today, with the same awful consequences etc. I'm on board with a class action if this is still being considered, if not why not?
Kind regards,
Steve

Oct 20, 2018 4:40 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I would like to join. Please let me know. I do a high volume of sales and would like to remain anonymous until I know we are moving forward. Lots of evidence against Etsy's legal team in the past 5 years. Proof of loss of income due to negligence on Etsy's part.

Jul 15, 2018 1:02 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Our shop has just been closed down for no apparent reason. We have contacted them for an explanation. Unsurprisingly they have not responded. I know there are other similarly situated people and I am very interested in joining a class action with these people against Etsy.

Nov 29, 2017 7:04 pm EST

YES! Etsy has just singled out our shop and we believe it is due to the fact we sell items that are handcrafted from Africa. Etsy stated that they shut us down due to that we represent artisans and not actually producing the crafts ourselves and that violates their policy. However, when we pointed out the thousands of sellers (with links to their etsy site) of years they have operated in the same manner as us, Etsy stated that they can not discuss other sites. These shops are still active. This is a racial profiling platform. We need to ban together and produce a class action racial suit.

Dec 06, 2017 5:23 pm EST

I was banned like many others because my husband put an led sign up with a Transformers head on it. So Etsy shut my 2 shops of 12 years because I was using the same server and we had same isp. Trying to get them to listen is impossible. They just send standard boiler-plate messages back. I wrote to every member of the board at Etsy but nothing. If this is how they treat people they can stuff it. Last June they laid off 15% of it's workers and their stock is sliding. There are rumors that they are going to get bought out soon so maybe things will change then. Go to Zibbet. They are much nicer there.

W
Nov 29, 2017 9:50 am EST

That fact that Etsy is still in operation is disgusting. Talk about illegal business practice in the United States. This corporation is the worst controlling, conniving and dictatorship run rampant. They keep your money, ignore you, shut down your business because "they" see fit and fall back on illegal loophole through their "self proclaimed policies made to misinterpret law and fair business practices. It's horrific.

Oct 08, 2017 5:57 pm EDT

Im IN ! Im sick and tired of ETSY enforcing random policy terms on select few. They are inconsistent and discriminatory.

Aug 08, 2017 5:09 pm EDT

Hello guys and gals I am going to be filing a lawsuit in the coming weeks against Etsy. Please let me know who's willing to also this way hey can get in touch with you.

Sep 14, 2017 3:04 pm EDT
Replying to comment of PeterG4311

Did you ever file a lawsuit with etsy?

Oct 08, 2017 5:56 pm EDT
Replying to comment of PeterG4311

Class action suit? Im IN!

Apr 28, 2019 1:08 am EDT
Replying to comment of PeterG4311

Please count me in. Big time.

Mar 20, 2021 9:31 am EDT
Replying to comment of PeterG4311

What is your lawsuit in reference to and will you have a lawyer?

Apr 28, 2017 10:57 am EDT

let me know how to join, they closed us with out notice and kept money.

Jan 05, 2017 8:03 pm EST

Also contacting lawyers! Feel free to reach out to me
swild131@gmail.com

Etsy shut me down with 200 orders to fill they are holding my shop payments till April so i basically have to front theshipping price for my customers till April ITS JANUARY) if i want to ship them and ship outside of etsy they wont let me ship on their site i cant even print invoices to fill orders! So my 200 customers are screwed and so am i

Oct 08, 2017 5:59 pm EDT

THATS HORRIBLE!

W
Nov 29, 2017 9:52 am EST
Replying to comment of slively

Something happen to me. This should all qualify as bad business practices. Who's going to step up legally, too many people have been abused by this company.

Feb 28, 2018 10:44 pm EST

I want to ! But i am nervous. I am speaking to a lawyer now but not a class action lawyer might rather go class action route if everyone things we have a case

Feb 28, 2018 10:45 pm EST

My email is swild131@gmail.com if anyone wants to reach out

Jan 03, 2020 5:30 pm EST
Replying to comment of slively

I'm on board with a class action.

Oct 21, 2016 7:46 pm EDT

I am a Brooklyn resident who also had their shop shut down. I am in the area where Etsy resides. Please email me as I have contacted the New York Attorney General with regards to their practices. The NY Attorney General has advised me to let them know of any other complaints similar to my complaint - store shut down, website shut down, no contact info, kept my funds, charged for ads.

Please email me so I can send the Attorney General the information.

Only email me if they:

Send to jminchak55@gmail.com

B
Oct 15, 2016 10:51 am EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I want in. They shut my shop down because they said I don't make my items. I sent 13 pictures with step by step instructions on how I make my items. They shut it down anyways. They shut down my moms shops as well because I live with her. They have wiped out every penny of income we have. I sell phone cases and just bought a $10, 000 dollar phone case printer. I have a $341 monthly payment for the machine with no income. I sold my car to pay for this business. I have no car, no income and will soon be homeless. I would greatly appreciate any response. Thank you so much. Madison Wallace www.madisonavecases.com designsbywallace97@gmail.com

Oct 13, 2016 10:20 am EDT

Ladybug

I would like to join, as i have had 2 shops closed, trying to appeal with no luck, please let me know if you find any lawyers to take the case, i would like to be named as well

Sep 26, 2016 11:01 am EDT

Hello Everyone!

I am reading all of your complaints about Etsy Legal Team and it sounds like their a handful of you that feel the same way as I do about their procedures and policies. I got really excited reading how many of your are willing to step forward to go for a class action lawsuit but I am not certain that any on here has? I see that @LadyBug Chipmunk asked in July and still no one replied. I REALLY hope that you all are with me because I am moving forward on this and would love a team with me.

Etsy's Legal Team is completely unethical and don't even give you a fighting chance to explain your case. I received an email yesterday that my shop of 3.5 years and my sole income was deactivated PERMANENTLY. I know that you all can sympathize with my fear and frustration at this point. I was not disclosed why in the email from Etsy so of course I responded frantically asking why. They pulled up a listing that I was suspended for back in May that I had no idea I was not in compliance with because so many other seller were selling the same exact item! Anyhow, it was removed from my shop permanently and for some reason that is beyond me, my shop was taken down indefinitely today even though it was completely erased from my shop. Doesn't make any sense. I responded to Etsy my email "This email constitutes Etsy's final communication with you on this matter. We will not reply to any further emails."

Another bad scenario I had with Etsy towards the beginning of my shop was "infringing" on someone else's design. I had designed a cutting board style and Etsy came after me for the design that someone else designed it although I know 100% that came from me as it had MY name, MY significant others name and OUR date we got together. Explain that...But Etsy wouldn't listen to me.

If anyone is still on board for a class action lawsuit and feel like they were wrongfully done by Etsy, please feel free to contact me. jenainoside@yahoo.com or on here!

Jan 03, 2020 5:25 pm EST

Hi there,

Sorry it's three years after your post but I only got suspended today, probably not relevant anymore but if you are proceeding or got anywhere with this or figured out why it's not possible then please let me know and obviously yes I'm on board with a class action.

May 05, 2021 1:15 pm EDT
Replying to comment of SteveRed

Same as me! I got cancelled and told...

I have an established jewelry store. They don't answer my emails or phone. They are an absolute disgrace of a forum. I'm on board too.
Let me know if you hear anything. Texaninireland@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2016 2:27 pm EDT

I have a store on etsy since 2011 and the first years went very well but now Etsy made it almost impossible for me to keep my shop running and there is no way for me anymore to accept their policies regarding natural and herbal products. Even after I changed my product descriptions several times as etsy wanted me to, etsy still kept targeting my store. For me it is pretty senseless to sell natural and herbal products when I am not able to tell people for what they are good for.
I opened a new store on shopify about a month ago and it is so much better than selling on etsy. I am independent and don't have to worry about any stupid policies. It is easy to set up a store there and when you pay a little extra for google product listing adds I get more traffic than on etsy. The staff from shopify is very nice and they are very helpful.
Bottom line etsy is a very big disappointment and for me it is not worth to waste my time and money on it any longer. I just leave some items listed on etsy for my returning customers but will point them all to my new store.

L
Jul 18, 2016 9:10 pm EDT

Has anyone filed a Class Action law suit as of 7/18/2016? I reside in Southern California and am in the beginning process of contacting an attorney regarding a Class Action Law Suit against Etsy.

Jan 05, 2017 7:54 pm EST

I mean its 2017 now but i am trying the same thing!

Feb 21, 2017 8:55 pm EST
Replying to comment of slively

me too! Id love some more information on your case to see if mine would go with it.

Apr 28, 2017 10:56 am EDT

let me know how to join

Aug 02, 2017 10:52 am EDT

Any updates on this?

Apr 30, 2018 1:56 pm EDT
Replying to comment of Dran

After 4 years 7000 orders and over $200, 000 in sales my 5 star Etsy and associated Pattern shops have both been closed. Everything out of my shop was embroidered by me, Etsy collected their fees every month and closed my shop just like that. The only follow up I got from them was a congratulations email that said "Sync your 5 star reviews with your web site..You've earned them!" This is crazy, a true financial burden on me and my family. I have inventory that cannot be returned, bills that need to be paid and customers that count on me. This is no way to run a publicly traded business. I'm devastated! Does anyone know of any Class Action Law Suits involving legitimate vendors closed as a result of poor Etsy management?

Sep 16, 2018 2:18 pm EDT
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I'm in Southern Cali too and I would love to join any lawsuit against Etsy.
please let me know!

Nov 05, 2018 10:57 pm EST

Put my contact down if you hear any updates on class action. Swild131@gmail.com

B
Dec 14, 2018 12:09 am EST

Definitely need a CLASS ACION LAWSUIT! There is no rhyme or reason for closing stores and not closing others for supposed trademark violations. IF they exist, it should be the company who feels there is a violation of their trademark that contacts the SELLER DIRECTLY before CLOSING A GOOD STORE! Count me IN - terri@BuyCraftsForLess.com !

Jan 03, 2020 5:19 pm EST

Hi Christy,

I hope you had a good end to your awful situation. Sadly, as of today, I'm in the same position, with the same challenges facing me. I've just been suspended even after similar order and sales figures to yours via an email saying it's a final decision without an option to rectify any issues. even though an email three days ago indicated they would evaluate Service Levels over a 90Day period. Still in shock! It seems crazy and looks like no option but to join a class action now, but intrigued and concerned that one hasn't been started yet. My shop was growing rapidly so Extrapolating my losses forward, I'm sure a claim could reach towards the 1Mil USD mark, so goodness knows what a claim from hundreds or thousands of badly treated unjustly suspended sellers would amount to, we could end up jointly owning the company. Does anybody know of a past or pending class action?

Jun 16, 2016 11:24 pm EDT

Etsy is really a very bullying sort of marketplace. They can do whatever they want. I too had a similar experience. I was a seller with etsy for almost one and half year. Had two shops. Business was steady, good feedbacks. But one day suddenly etsy closed my shops without any warning. I was shocked and mailed to etsy help. Well it has nothing to do with help. After a generic mail, they have not yet responded to the countless mails I have sent since last three months. Deplorable service! Now I have a shop with itshandicraft.com and I am really happy. First two months of free listings, good for wholesale and small businesses. Give it a go.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

297 complaints