Etihad Airwayscompany logo

Etihad Airways

Etihad Airways

Learn how the rating is calculated

4 1091 complaints
836 resolved 255 unresolved

This account has been claimed by Etihad Airways customer service / representatives through our verification process.

Etihad Airways reviews & complaints 1281 - 1091

Etihad Airways representative

Etihad Airways complaints 1091

Etihad Airways - flight from heathrow to christchurch and return

I purchased a flight to New Zealand from Heathrow stopping at Abu Dhabi and then Sydney and finally stopping in Christchurch. Flew out 18/02/2018.
When I landed in Sydney which was a round 0625 I was not able to access the business lounge as it was closed, this was frustrating as after such a long flight from Abu Dhabi I really wanted a shower and a bite to eat. Due to the lounge being shut I was unable to shower as the airport showers were out of order and I had to pay for food.
When I got on the Sydney to Christchurch flight I was given a seat in economy class even though I had a business class ticket. Now I appreciate if there isn't a business class available you can't put me in it. Imagine my dismay when I saw that there was a premium economy section and it wasn't full and I had not been allocated a seat in that section. This is my first issue.
I landed and began spending time with my family.

Whilst organising my return to the UK my sister searched for later flights from Christchurch to Sydney as we would need to leave about 0300 in the morning for my flight. My sister did find two later flights (which I would have had to pay extra for)that would have meant I could have spent more time with my family and my new nephew who was 11 months old and I hadn't met before and I would have had a shorter lay over in Sydney. I flew back on 17/03/2018.
This brings me to my second issue, due to the 10 hour lay over in Sydney I was told at Christchurch Airport that I had to pay $44NZD due to me staying in Sydney airport longer than 8 hours. Now this was not my choosing and was down to the flight operators when I booked the flights which I would like to think would have already included the visa in the price. Also I would like to think that I could have avoided having to wait 10 hours in Sydney. I have flown to New Zealand over 10 times and never had to have a 10 hour lay over.

My third issue. Not only am I stuck in Sydney for 10 hours. The business class lounge was shared with Virgin which meant I was not allowed in there until 1330 when Etihad staff turn up even though it was an ETHIAD lounge (and was also open which it wasn't when I flew out to New Zealand). Also they hadn't issued me any further boarding passes so wasn't able buy anything in duty free either. Due to not being allowed access to the ETHIAD lounge I went and sat at one of the bars and ran up a bar bill of over £100 which I would not have had to pay had I been in the lounge

Finally, I chose ETHIAD for as far as I was aware was up there with Emirates who I flew with last year and impressed me especially with limo service included in the price. This was not the case with ETHIAD. No limo service, no bar on the plane and the service on the plane was severely lacking too. The food was great but I felt like I was troubling staff when I asked for snacks and drinks outside the set menu time. I was surprised to see only one menu for a 13-14 hour flight. When I flew with Emirates they had 3 menus for a flight that long and the staff were always around offering drinks and snacks.
Due to this I wished I had paid the extra £300 to fly with Emirates which was the difference between prices. I have not been impressed with this service which when paying over £3000 for a business class flight is not good.

I would like to be reimbursed in some way.

Yours sincerely

Ian Tappin

Etihad Airways - missing miles

Hi,

I traveled with Etihad with my child from Mumbai to Los Angeles with a stopover at AbuDhabi on 4 Jan 2018.

I have submitted the missing miles claim form on Etiha'ds website as well as emailed [protected]@etihadguest.com with all the details.
I have also tried reaching Etihad via twitter. Till date I have received no response.

I hope my missing miles will be credited soon.

ETKT 607 [protected]-3
ETKT [protected]
and my child's
ETKT 607 [protected]-2
ETKT [protected]

Eager to hear your response.

Hi, this doesn't sound ideal. Please send us your Etihad Guest number in a direct message on Twitter, so we can follow up the missing miles for you. Thanks! *Ivy

Etihad Airways - not allowed to travel - parents and child

My self ashok, booked flight ticket from Bahrain to Bangalore for my parents and child on 01st April 2018 through my credit card (ticket attached), we were there in the bairport 4hours before the departure, while check in etihad officers not allowed us to travel becouse of in my parents passport doesn't shown sir name in which while I mentioned sir name as per my son (child) passport, requested to etihad officers and spoke to customer care around 1 hour, nobody help to solve the issue, and demanded BD.300 for cancellation of existing tickets and reissue of new tickets, I thought that all officers and customers care played with me to simply to delay with asking documents through mail and so on. I was very upset with the response I got.
I request somebody genune /prompt management look at the issue and refund my full tickets amount at the earlest.

Update by ashokakumar
Apr 04, 2018

Dear Sir,

I would like to complaint here about my parents and my son (Child) traveling from Bahrain to Bangalore via Abudhabi (Etihad Airways on 01st April 2018, flight no.EY 0372 from Bahrain to Abudhabi, EY 0286 from Abhudhabi to Bangalore)

During the time of issuing the Boarding pass. One of the Issuing person denied to issue the boarding pass by Stating that Booked Name(Adding Sir Name: Gangannanavara)(Flight Ticket and Passport Copy attached ) and not shown in my parents Passport. and told me to speak to customer care, then i spoke around 1 1/2 hour but they didnot helped to resolve the issue and demanded BD. 300 for cancellation of existing tickets and reissue new tickets, i thought that all officers and customer care played with asking documents though mail, Which was no where connected to this. This is a day looting with Ethiad crew.Then we have no choice. so withdraw the travelling.
I request somebody prompt management to look the issue and refund my full ticket amount at the earliest.
Thanks
Ashok
Mobile: [protected] (Bahrain)

Hi Ashok, we're sorry to learn about this. We would recommend you to remove the documents form the post, as it contains personal information. Please send your booking details and your complaint to [email protected] and our team will create a case for you, to investigate this further. After sending the email a case officer will contact you. Thanks! *Ivy

Etihad Airways - extra legroom

we have just returned from australia on the following flights.
sydney to auh flight no. ey0451 23-3-18
auh to manchester no. ey0015 24-3-18
this is our first time with etihad airways, and as i have an ongoing problem with my right knee we decided to book extra legroom seats at an extra cost of nearly £500. what a waste of money this turned out to be.i was constantly being stood on, at least 15-18 times through people waiting to go to the toilet and people just using the space in front of us to stretch their legs and exercise.
as a result we could not sleep on either of the 2 flights and i ended up no better off as i had to keep my legs close to me.
i feel very annoyed about this and feel the extra money has just been wasted and i have not got what i paid for.
i will look forward to your reply.
mr s farrar

Hello there, I am sorry to hear that you were not able to rest properly on your flight due to other guests.
We suggest in future it's best to approach the Cabin Crew. They will be able to assist. *Isi

Etihad Airways - flight cancellation

Using Expedia.com, I booked 4 tickets for me and my family on Etihad Airways for a round trip from IAD (Washington Dulles) to MAA (Chennai India). Our return trip from MAA to Abu Dhabi was on Monday...

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Etihad Airways - etihad website was not updated with flight information/cancellation

I have processed a complaint through Etihad and am appalled by the 'goodwill gesture' of 10, 000 Guest Miles made by Guest Relations. We travelled to Dublin Airport through weather conditions that were a severe threat to our safety as Etihad had not updated their site with the Cancellation details for the flight. My phone was charged £89 for calls made to re-book a flight. I also incurred fuel charges of approximately £30, Toll charges and carpark fees. Despite all this, not to mention the stress and anxiety, I am offered 10, 000 Guest Miles which equates to such items as a 50ml bottle of JOOP aftershave, a backpack or an outdoor game of Tumble Tower. My daughter was due to fly from Dublin to Sydney via Abu Dhabi on 01.03.18. On that date Met Eireann had issued a Status Red weather warning and the country had been ordered to stay indoors from 4pm due to Storm Emma and the Beast from the East. Media reports stated that Dublin airport was closed. Despite this, Etihad website stated that EY0048 was still scheduled for 19:10. Consequently we started our 97 mile journey by car as the Translink and Goldline bus services to the airport were not operating due to the severe weather conditions. En route we were notified of further news updates in relation to the closure of the airport by concerned relatives. My daughter phoned Etihad (+[protected]) at 13:59 and was told that her flight was still scheduled and was not cancelled. We continued on our treacherous journey on deserted roads through warning signs that people should not travel. Dublin Airport displayed every flight as cancelled except EY0048. It was only when we arrived at Dublin Airport that we were told by Etihad staff that the flight was cancelled. They rang your Head Office in our presence to urge Etihad to update the website. In addition, EU rules state that the operating air carrier must give you a written notice setting out the rules for compensation and assistance. We were not given this. Even at this stage, my daughter was unable to re-schedule her flight with the Flight Centre in Sydney because her flight was not showing as cancelled. She was due to start a new job in Sydney on 5 March 2018. My daughter and I suffered considerable stress and anxiety as a result of the failure of Etihad to update their website and advise their passengers of their flight cancellation. I await your response in relation to compensation/monetary award commensurate with the outlay and anxiety suffered.

Hi Ruth, we are sorry for the stress caused due to the cancellation in this case. Please send us your Case number in a private message so that we can look into your case. Thank you. *Marc

Etihad Airways - flight cancellation

Hi, I am a regular customer of etihad as i am traveling with etihad airways only. I am very disappointed by what happened recently. I booked a flight etihad from abu dhabi to Lyon which...

Etihad Airways - overcharging of a ticket

Disappointedly i am writing that i had purchased two return tickets for me and my wife to travel from Abu Dhabi to Islamabad in September 2017 which due to unfortunate reasons we were unable to...

Etihad Airways - cancellation of flights

Hi,
I am a regular customer of etihad as i am traveling with etihad airways only.

I am very disappointed by what happened recently.

I booked a flight etihad from abu dhabi to Lyon which included train from paris to lyon (21 february to 10 march).

I couldnt manage to take the train on saturday morning before the flight and my ticket was cancelled to my great surprise. I was not informed about this but informed at the airport that i was not on the flight.

I called the call center and had to pay a "penalty: of AED 629 euros to be reinstated in the flight.

I am very disappointed notwithstanding the fact that you are not entitled to proceed that way.

I request immediate reimbursement of this amount.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Hi Zineb, if the train was part of your booking and you are not taking the train it is considered a No Show. Please send us your booking reference in a private message on one of our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) so that we can look into it. Thank you. *Marc

Etihad Airways - all luggages are missed

I flew with Etihad along my family from Melbourne, Australia to Peshawar, Pakistan via Abu Dhabi on 12/03/2018. I gave 5 carton in luggage at Melbourne Airport, however we reached to Peshawar Pakistan after long haul flight, so waiting in Peshawar, Pakistan airport after long time wait they announced many of luggage are left at Abu Dhabi airport. We put all our necessary clothes in luggage bags which missed. Now I spent couple of thousand rupees to buy more clothes for kids and family. With this flight I am very disappointed. Please Etihad customer service help me and sort out my issue.

Hi Asad, please contact the last operating airline with which you flew to Pakistan as they are responsible for the lost baggage. *Marc

Etihad Airways - mishandled baggage

Hi, I have submitted all the information through email, almost 10 days ago, as I had travelled in Etihad airways on Mar 1st, from Bangalore to Chicago via Abu Dhabi. I have got mishandled baggage, my Samsung galaxy tab was broken, and my specific cooking oil got spilt - clothes and suit case were damaged with oil! I have asked them to put fragile tag while checking the luggage in, but no one had done this! I am awaiting a reply from a that time after attaching all the required documents. I now have the return flights on 15th. Not sure how this case is being handled, waiting for so long.

My Booking reference is PL9FR2.

Apr 05, 2018

Thanks for your reply on the email. I have taken proper care for the things that I packed in my check-in luggage, but still the galaxy tab is broken, then think of how hard the bags were thrown. I really need compensation to get it repaired (total damage was minimum $400 (USD)). Now advise what can be done.
Thanks!

Apr 02, 2018

May I know the estimated time to solve the issue? The galaxy tab that was broken is $300 (USD). And all other damages are up to $100. I need the claim details as quick as possible. I want to know when I will have to expect a reply.

Mar 29, 2018

The case number is 623254. It's been close to a month now. No response till now! There should be some ETA for every task, when professionals do it. Please update me ASAP on the claim.

Hi Lakshmi, we can see that your case officer has replied to you on 8 April. Please refer back to them in case you require further clarifications regarding this case. Thank you. *Max
Hi Lakshmi, we are not able to advise the exact time when our officer will get back to you but we have sent another follow up. Thank you for bearing with us. *Marc
Hi Lakshmi, we are sorry to hear that you have not yet heard back from your officer. We will send a follow up for her to get back to you as soon as possible. *Marc
Hi Lakshmi, please send us the case number that you have received from the email that you have sent or send us your email address in a private message on one of our social media channels (Twitter, Facebook) Thank you. *Marc
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Etihad Airways - misleading luggage information. had to pay $1,000 while check in

I am really disappointed by the customer service & how the company handle complaints. The story that I have booked a flight to Sydney, rang the customer service centre to enquire about the luggage & was told that luggage allowance is 2pc x 23kg each. I requested a confirmation & she told me "sir, the call is recorded & i confirm that luggage is 2 x 23kg". Went to the airport & was surprised that i had to pay around $1, 000 for extra bag, as the clerk on the counter said that the allowance is only 1 x30kg. Rang the customer service center & give them the initial call details; date, time, clerk name.. etc. then they heared the recorded call & the supervisor rang to confirm that their clerk did a mistake by passing the wrong information. Then she promised that she will see what she can do and will come back to me. Nothing happened for 3 weeks, so i had to ring them numerous times & every time i had to explain the whole story again.
Regretfully saying that this is the 2nd time, as last year the same story happened which the clerk passed on wrong information & i had to pay at the airport, but unfortunately i didn't record the call details. So this time i recorded the call details as a reference, but nothing happened.
I used to always travel with #Etihad_airways but not sure what happened to their management level.
I won't recommend this airline as they don't seem to be professional, neither in passing on the information nor in complaints management.

Hi Minha. Please send us your booking reference and this feedback on one of our social media channels (Facebook or Twitter), and we will check with our Call Center if there is currently an investigation open regarding this issue. Thanks. *Sky

Hi, I have submitted a the information through email, a week ago, as I had travelled in Etihad airways on Mar 1st, from Bangalore to Chicago via Abu Dhabi. I have mishandled baggage, my Samsung galaxy tab was broken, and my specific cooking oil got spilt - clothes and suit case were damaged with oil! I have asked them to put fragile tag while checking the luggage in, but no one had done this! I am awaiting a reply from a week after attaching all the required documents. I now have the return flights on 15th. Not sure how this case is being handled, waiting for so long.

Hi Lakshmi, can you please send us your Case number that you have received from sending us the email? Or please send us your email address in a private message on one of our social media channels (Twitter, Facebook.) Thank you. *Marc

My Booking reference is PL9FR2

Etihad Airways - delayed packages at abu dhabi airport

Hi,
We have some package being sent to Iran from the US. They have departed from Chicago btw one month and two months ago but there is no update on them.
The packages being sent to Iran are going to a transit airport in Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates and the time and the hour that the packages were departed from Chicago is exactly the time of an Etihad flight from Chicago to Abu Dhabi.
However, the packages are not arrival scanned in Abu Dhabi airport and delayed for more than two months.
I called Iran's post, they checked the packages status and said that they are in Abu Dhabi.

Here the details of some of our packages:

USORDA IRTHRA A CN 7 0224

USORDA IRTHRA A CN 7 0241
CJ543080146US
CJ543080129US

I want ro receive them.
We have sent email and called to Etihad airlines and they told us:

"Dear Sayyed,
We got the confirmation from the mail handling team that all the mail bags are in Abu Dhabi. Since we stopped service to Tehran, our team is working on finding a way for the bags to be forwarded to you as soon as possible. We will keep you updated.

Jelena Milic
Customer Service Agent"
Feb 25, 2018, 9:05 AM

After that we haven't any notice from or packages.

Update by Ehsan1363
Mar 11, 2018

But i don't know why your team don't ship them to Dubai and then ship them all with a flight to Tehran?

Hi Ehsan1363,

We have contacted our team to check the status with them. We will let you know as soon as we know more. *Sky
The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Etihad Airways - late 40 minutes from manchester then next flight from abudabi islamabad

My name Mr ajaz Saleem flight from Manchester airport to abudabi but late 1 hours then abudabi to islambad late again 2.30 hours flight no (EY16) Manchester but abudabi to Islamabad (EY231) late what going on I want my money back ticket they charged me 1 kilogram £50.50 what's going on my number uk [protected] Bradford 3 within s close bd59ef thanks

Hi Ajaz.
We are sorry to hear your flight was delayed. We would suggest visiting our website and sharing your complaint under the feedback section, so we can create a case for you. *Sky

Etihad Airways - tickets

Dear Team,

It is with a lot of regret that I would like to bring to your notice an issue that I have been facing since a very long time and have been struggling with. I have not received a refund of a ticket that I cancelled many months back. I have been following up endlessly to get a status and every other time I have received different updates for the same. Each time I call, I receive a new reference number and no clarity on the refund processed.

Very disappointing. Will never book Etihad again!!!

Hi Komal, we are sorry to hear about this issue. Can you please send us the reference numbers that you have in a private message? We will follow it up for you. Thank you. *Marc

Etihad Airways - unethical behaviour

Hi Team

I am writing this note to express my high dissatisfaction and extremely poor experience with the services of Etihad Airways.
I and my family flew from Manchester (UK) to Thiruvananthapuram (India) via Abu Dhabi on the 07 Feb 2018.
I reached Manchester Airport and was able to get into the queue for Check-in at 05:15 Am for the flight scheduled for 08:10 Am.

It took more than an hour to reach the check-in counter as there was a big queue in front of me. The officer at the counter told me that the baggage policy has changed

and as a result the dimension for the cabin baggage has also changed. They have asked me to drop the cabin luggages into the instrument to measure the dimension.

Unfortunaley two of the cabin luggages doesn't fit well into the instrument and they told it can't be taken as cabin luggages. In order to take it as check-in

luggage, she asked me to pay 250 GBP. I was shocked as I have used the same bags as cabin luggage in multiple flights earlier, including a travel earlier on Etihad

Airways. It was standard cabin luggage size, however she refused to take those as cabin luggages. Finally I accepted to pay it, but wanted to do some rearranging of

the stuff inside and asked for a few minutes. However they said I will need to check-in within 10 minutes otherwise the counter will be closed. I was really threatened

by one of the Etihad staff as well.

I left the counter and rearranged some stuff and within 10 minutes I approached the counter again. This time it as different counter and a different officer.
She weighed the bags and this time told I will need to pay 569 GBP. I was literally shocked this time and told the counter I went earlier has asked only 250 GBP and

now how it changed to 569 GBP. She told she doesn't know about how the other officer calculated it. She is not even showing patience to listen what I am trying to

explain. I asked her if I can go the previous counter, and the answer was 'no'and told they are closing the check-in counter. Icould see there were other passengers

also who was also debating with the staff for the same reason. I was threated again that I will need to check-in immediately otherwise I and family will not be able to

board the flight. Finally I paid 569 GBP and did the check-in. They asked me that I will need to run to do the security check-in as the boarding has already started.

The time was around 7 Am. I literally ran and did all the security check and reached the boarding gate. However the boarding was not even started. I waited there for

another 35 minutes before they called for boarding. I, my wife and my daughter was totally tired, both mentally and physically.

From the heart I can say, it was the most unpleasant flight journey I have had in my life so far.

I have travelled with Etihad Airways in the past as well, but never had any such experience. I would like to know is this the way Etihad is treating its customers.
I am eager to know what action Etihad would take in this issue, including refund of any amount which I have lost due to the unfair treat from its officers.

I have provided the flight and ticket numbers below for your reference. I can provide more evidence, viz copies of ticket and the additional charges paid, if you wish.
EY16 - Manchester to Abu Dhabi
EY272 - Abu Dhabi to Thiruvananthapuram

E-Tickets : [protected],
[protected],
[protected]
Regards,
Don (+91-[protected])

Hi Don, we are sorry to hear about your experience with our team in Manchester. Our baggage dimensions for hand baggage have not changed and the dimensions are still 115cm (50+40+25). The excess baggage price depends on the weight, for example on the route that you were flying the price for 20 kg excess baggage is 640 USD. Please send us all the details with your boarding pass to [email protected] so that our team can do an investigation on this case and get back to you afterwards. Thank you. *Marc

Etihad Airways - delayed flights

We had a delayed flight from Manila (Flight 423) last Monday February 25 and it took us 40 hours of delays and lay over and so exhausted and my husband got sick when we arrived Charlotte. I was so proud to tell my friends and my husband that Etihad is one of the best airline since I had an experienced with the airline before and to both our dismayed it was the most tiring and exhausting experienced ever of all my travels. The staff who re routed us gave us the wrong information about the lay over time in Abu Dhabi and it took us 6 hours of waiting in Washington going to Charlotte when she could have put us in an earlier flight. The food has no option, we are not vegetarian and we were seated in the window and middle seat even if we paid extra for our seat selection.

This experienced has been very displeasing and disappointing and we will not take another flight from this airline again.

James Giles/ Alma Soberano
February 25 and 26, 2018

Hi Alma, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Thank you for sharing it with us. Please send your experience with all details to [email protected] so that our team can look into it and get back to you about it. We apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the delay. *Marc

Etihad Airways - flight ey 211 18 february 2018

Etihad airlines I wish to express my disappointment in the way my situation was handled regarding flight EY 211 on 18 February 2018. On Sunday 18 February when I boarded the plane, I notified the...

The company has left an official comment on the complaint.

Etihad Airways - wrong flight, taking extra charge but didn’t get baggage, physically harassed and missing my flight

Dear complaining authority,
With due respect, I'm a regular passenger of etihad air. Last February 22, I flight from IAD to Dhaka. The lady who issued my boarding pass that was wrong so I missed my connecting flight from Colombo to Dhaka. I didn't get any help from etihad and the partner airline srilanka airline. Besides this, they showing the brutal attitude and fell me a deep bad situation. I've an appointing meeting which was postponed due to my absence. I'm told them issue me a connecting flight but they didn't do that. I lost my wallet and phone to the airport which belongs lot of important documents, card and contact details. With the help of a passenger, that contact with family and they arranged a ticket from Colombo to Mumbai, and Mumbai to Dhaka at Jet airway flight. That cost extra $ 427 dollar.
On the other hand, etihad Abudhabi office wrongly charged two three time from my credit card $ 360. The duty officer of the February 23, he showed his badly manner with me. Along with, before living the Abudhabi, I went to the help desk to confirm my boarding pass but they didn't tell me about the wrong flight.
According to all of this situation, I'm complaining about my extra charge, new ticket cost and my phone and wallet which I lost from the Colombo airport all cost is near about $5000. Beside this the hassle I faced physically and mentally last four days which is unplayable. So I hope, you'll take it a major issue and compensate my amount as early as possible.
I'm attaching all the documents that I have.
Al Masud Or Rashid

Hi Masud, we are sorry to hear about this. Please send all the details and photos to [email protected] so that our team can look into it and get back to you. Thank you. *Marc

Etihad Airways - etihad airline staff behavior/unskilled supervisor & manager

Flight E217 to Abudhabi from Bangalore Airport.
Supervisor, gentlemen with beard on duty Wearing Etihad uniform Mr. Tan-veer, he needs to be trained to handle passengers politely than showing his power on passenger. This is serious matter he seems to be local tough of Bangalore. Unprofessional, under qualified for the job. I request the authorities to take apporpriate action and send to Angry Management course and Customer Service classes.

Hi Shariff,

We are sorry to hear of your experience at Bangalore airport while travelling with us. Please submit your feedback through our website http://bitly.com/2y4YamV so that our guest relations team can investigate the matter for you.

Bob