Having problems with Etihad Airways?

Etihad Airways reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 16, 2008. The latest review out of pocket was posted on Oct 22, 2021. The latest complaint Ticket was overcharged into account was resolved on Sep 08, 2021. Etihad Airways has an average consumer rating of 4 stars from 1076 reviews. Etihad Airways has resolved 833 complaints.

Etihad Airways Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 266 7883 (United States)
+44 345 608 1225 (United Kingdom)
+66 27 873 377 (Thailand)
+41 844 002 211 (Switzerland)
+27 860 123 150 (South Africa)
+65 68 185 555 (Singapore)
+35 170 720 1585 (Portugal)
+63 27 926 044 (Philippines)
New Airport Road, Khalifa City A, PO Box 35566
Abu Dhabi
United Arab Emirates

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Etihad Airways Customer Service. Initial Etihad Airways complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Etihad Airways above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Etihad Airways. Discuss the issues you have had with Etihad Airways and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Etihad Airways Complaints & Reviews, Page 2

Etihad AirwaysYIQLCA - Flight cancelled within 48 hours for no reason and the next available date was 3 weeks out.

I am a rewards member [protected]. I was really happy with the service and food with Etihad which has improved a lot and booked my round trip recently YIQLCA. First the return booking date was changed by the airline automatically and extended by trip by a day which I could accommodate. Then the return flight was cancelled 48 hours before departure after I took my covid test. I had to come back to the US immediately as planned Sept 8th and left me strangled at the last minute. My next option to return was given Oct 3rd or take a refund. Its easy to offer a return refund but much expensive to buy an emergency one way ticket. This has put me threw financial hardship to buy and expensive one way return fair to come back immediately on QATAR paying thru the roof as one way urgent tickets are expensive plus the cost of another covid test, extended stay and loss of pay. Etihad had 3 flights a week flying out of Hyderabad and no reasonable accommodation or options were even remotely provided. I have a job to go back to and I trusted Etihad for my short 2 week trip else I had QATAR, AirIndia, Emirates as other reasonable options. There was an Etihad flight on the day I took QATAR if am not mistaken on Sept 12th. I would want Etihad to provide a refund or a future voucher for the difference in fare I had to pay on Qatar for putting me thru the financial hardship with no reasonable accommodation. My Qatar ticket is enclosed for your reference in the email I sent via Etihad site. Taking people for granted and giving a one way refund is not acceptable. Either Etihad must have accommodated me on another flight. This has happened to a lot of my friends and this pattern is dangerous and Etihad will lose goodwill and reliability. Thanks.

Etihad AirwaysRefund tickets

Dear Sir,

Good day I would like to request and follow-up the the refund of my ticket, because at the moment we cannot do the traveling at this time due to the country restriction, in this case we cannot use this ticket for any travel,
    we request the refund to be transfer to our company account,
    we are hoping that we can get your advice and respond towards this situation,
    how we can get our refund before the end of this year, thank you were hoping to get your respond as soon as possible.
    Your help and assistant is highly appreciable for us.

ticket # EY 0372

Refund tickets
    Refund tickets

Etihad AirwaysRefund has not done

Dear Sir,

I have booked a ticket in March and travelled one side on 09/04/2021 and the return flight  was cancelled three times by Etihad . Booking ref-WYQPHQ, Airline booking ref -BKKRCJ, Ticket ref-[protected], [protected], [protected].

Now when I send mail for refund the return ticket they are telling there is no refund value for the ticket. (as they will charge 200 + for one ticket) How it will be possible as ticket was cancelled from your side and the date you are giving me to travel is not convenient for me as they are telling to travel before 23/02/2022.

So kindly refund the ticket amount and wave off your cancelation charge as the flight was cancelled from your side. I have attached the copy of the ticket for your reference.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Shijo Mathew

+971-[protected], [protected]

Refund has not done

Sep 12, 2021

Etihad Airways — Denied to board

Good morning Mrs / Mr. I contact you today to convey a complain regarding customer service at the Etihad...

Etihad AirwaysBooking: tbappc etkt [protected] refund or rebook to my speciticid dates

Dear Sir

My booking TBAPPC had been cancelled and rebooked multiple times by the airlines.I have tried to reach the airlines for the past 3 days without any luck. The helpline and customer number is always busy [protected]. I made every effort to either get a refund or rebook to my specific needs. It is unfortunate that Etihad is not helping me in any way or form. And as of yet I cannot even reach Etihad help desk or customer service. Because of the multiple cancellations and rebookinbg by Etihad has caused me severe inconvenience. Please respond to my request for help. I have attached the documents for your reference. Thank you

Stanley Paul
        Address: 13792 59th CT N
        West Palm Beach FL 33411
        Tel: [protected]

Booking: tbappc etkt [protected] refund or rebook to my speciticid dates
        Booking: tbappc etkt [protected] refund or rebook to my speciticid dates

Respond

Etihad AirwaysTicket was overcharged into account

I am contacting you as I bought a ticket through an agent. When I got the ticket it stated that the ticket cost € 497 but I was charged €730. When I contacted the agent he stated that the invoice from the airlines is incorrect that the value that he charged was the price of the ticket. My compliment is that why was I charged a different value when I was sent an invoice with a different value. I would like to get the difference back as I was over charged.

Ticket was overcharged into account

Dear Mian,

As you have purchased your ticket via third party, your travel agency will be in the best position to advise on the ticket charges.

Respond

Etihad AirwaysMy money had been deducted without my acknowledge.

MY account has been deducted by etihad airways on 2/9 and 3/9/2021. Which is on that day I didn't make any purchases on etihad Airways website.

Before that date, On 30/8/2021 and 31/8/2021 i had purchased a couple of ticket to amman, jordan.
            The ticket has been deducted on the same day on 30/9/2021 and 31/8/2021.
            Hence, I already had the booking ticket for the purchased. It's had settled.

But, on 2/9/2021 i did not make any purchases on website Etihad Airways. Suddenly, MY ACCOUNT HAD BEEN DEDUCTED for amount RM2, 444.00 as much as 4 times.

On 3/9/2021, the same thing happened. My account has been deducted for SAME AMOUNT AS MUCH AS 3 TIMES.

So, total of my lose is RM17, 108.00. Etihad do refund for RM7, 332.00. But the balance for amount RM9, 776.00 i didnt received any refund yet from Etihad Airways since 3rd September.

ETIHAD AIRWAYS
            PLEASE NOTICE THIS ISSUE.

Dear Aeida,

Please contact us via our Social Media channels with your booking reference so that we can look into this for you.

Etihad AirwaysBad Customer Service

I have booked a 3 days stay at the W hotel during August 2021 in Abu Dhabi with Etihad Airways but when I arrived to the hotel they did not have my booking!! It was very unpleasant to try and contact Etihad customer service as I did not have enough phone credit and I had to use the lobby land phone to communicate my issue with but no use. Mid of August i managed to contact Etihad customer service and they claimed that they will submit my complaint, however until today I did not receive any feedback.

Dear Hamad,

Please contact Etihad Holidays who will be able to investigate this further.

• Updated by Hamad90 · Sep 24, 2021

I need a contact number or an email, this is not helpful at all.

Etihad AirwaysRe: Refund for flight cancellation

I have received email on 27/8/21 from Etihad airways regarding my flight on 1st September'21 from Ahmedabad to Manchester has been cancelled. I replied to that email for refund. I have tried customer care neraly every day since then for more than an hour each time. Tried live chat, twitter chat, Facebook messenger. No success.
                I have booked flight online on Etihad airways website. My Booking reference SCYHUG . Last name - Chauhan. First name Chetan Arvind.
                Please arrange refund asap.

Re: Refund for flight cancellation

Dear Chetan,

Please send us a private message with your booking reference via our Social Media channels. We will then be able to assist you with processing your refund.

Etihad AirwaysBooking LEOGWF cancelled with no notification

Urgent Complaint: Etihad Airways reference: LEOGWF

1. Scheduled to fly back to London Heathrow, UK on Wed 1 Sep 2021 03:15 on EY281 with a connecting flight EY17 on Wed 1 Sep 14:35 from Abu Dhabi

3. Booked these flights on the Etihad website on 7th Aug 2021 and at that point, these flights were sold to us by Etihad on your website as legal connecting flights with the 9 hour layover/stopover

4. Upon trying to Manage Booking on the Etihad website today (Sun 29 Aug 2021) using Booking reference LEOGWF, the Etihad website stated that I should contact customer service and it was unclear why

5. So upon calling the Etihad customer service in India and speaking to Vivek, he advised us that both the flights were canceled and hence our booking has been canceled and we cannot fly as scheduled.

Supervisor was meant to call back on 29 Aug...
                  No resolution provided and we are left hanging... Customer service gone to the dogs.

Dear Rashmi,

Please contact us via our Social Media channels and we shall follow this up with our Contact Centre.

Respond

Etihad AirwaysWe were forced to do covid rt pcr test again

Respected Sir/Madam

I am flying from Ahmedabad to Frankfurt via Abu Dhabi.
                    Date 05.09.2021
                    (Still I am not in flight)
                    I already have submitted RCPCR test report (negative), which is not older than 24 hours.
                    Etihad staff members forced us to pay 14, 000 Rs. for further RCPCR test, which is not required, (and said we must do it again at transit) before giving our boarding pass. And after asking, they replied, it is compulsory at transit to do again RCPCR test, doesn't matter our test report is valid or not.
                    We asked if we pay at Abu Dhabi, Etihad staff answered, no you have to pay here only. They were not going to give us boarding pass before that.
                    I am attacheing Reciept of that amount which were taken from us forcefully.
                    Please share with me, weather is it a Rule or not.
                    Thanks and Regards.
                    Neha Mehta

Dear Neha,

This depends on the country requirements of where you are flying to. You can find out more details via our travel guidelines on our website.

• Updated by Neha Mehta · Sep 14, 2021

I am german National, and I have double checked it, it was clearly stated on german government's official website, if rcpcr test was not submitted before flying, you have to do it after coming back to germany. Which means, neither rcpcr test nor rapid test compulsory. And we had already submitted rcpcr test results. Still they charged us 200 us dollar for it. And they did only rapid test. For rapid test even in India, government do not take money. In Germany it is also free. Please accept it, it was clearly a fraud. I am feeling cheated.

Etihad AirwaysBooking not displayed

Booking Reference of ETIHAD
                      YZNHUW Shows Return journey only.Onward journey from Chennai to London via Abu Dhabi is missing.I have confirmed bookings for to and fro vide Ticket [protected] and [protected].My e mail id is [protected]@gmail com. The fact that your so called Etihad user friendly web page is giving more anxiety than rendering help especially when your telephones take more than about 30 minutes to get a response and chat agents too take quiete ling. Could you kindly resolve my issue and confirm. My request is bo change to my confirmed itinerary. Regards

Booking not displayed

Dear Vam,

I can see that you have already got in touch with our Contact Centre and managed to resolve this.

Etihad AirwaysMy Booking cancelled by Etihad airways for no reason

I purchased my ticket directly from Etihad Air Ways. Booking Reference: LQEAGS and e ticket number : [protected] and I was about to fly on September 2 from Islamabad, Pakistan. But I was shocked at the airport that my ticket had been cancelled by Etihad airways for no reason even I completed all travel requirements before departure. I called help center but after holding two hours customer service dropped my line. In the mean time my flights flew and I was left helpless at airport . I am trying to contact help center since than but did not receive any reply on twitter and I made numerous phone calls but after holding for many hours they drop my calls.

Dear Zareena,

• Updated by Zareena Shahzadi · Sep 13, 2021

Yes I did it and its been resolved. Thank you

Sep 02, 2021

Etihad Airways Cochin International Airport — Complaint against Mr. K. P Sumith

From, MR. CHINNAN NARIKKOT P.O. BOX: 70120 ABU DHABI, U.A. E DATE: 31/AUG/2020 TO,   COCHIN...

Etihad AirwaysI am complaining about online direct flight booking and using the service that is Manage My Booking, as well as customer service 24/7 helpline

My booking reference RQKSPW, using the Reference number or my e-ticket number to change my return flight booking through Online Manage My Booking is not helpful enough. Many attempts since last few days to sort out my return flight booking.
                          My brother's critical condition has made me to extend my stay in India.

I have used 24/7 call helpline - ++44 [protected]; [protected]; [protected]

Also no reply to my emails, FB messenger
                          Very disappointing service for online direct flight booking.
                          Hope my problem will get quicker help as my planned return flight is book for 04-09-21.
                          Needed to change sooner

Dear Hina,

I can see that you have managed to speak to our Contact Centre to resolve this.

Aug 30, 2021

Etihad — Cancellation of tickets

Good afternoon team Etihad airways, Booking reference:JJCZTA With Due Respect, I have never thought to...

Etihad AirwaysCustomer Service Rep

My PNR is : UPFVDW

I am due to fly on 13th Sep from Hyd to Lhr..
                            I just read an announcement on the net regarding all international scheduled flights to be banned till end of Sep ..to confirm whether this affected my flight I called the Indian customer service number and thre was a waiting of 30min before I was connected.

I asked if the flight was affected and she said right now there was no update as to whether these flights would be cancelled.. I informed her that Etihad were not flying from Hyderabd till 1st Sep due to this ban and that I was worried that due to extension by the Indian gov the flight would be cancelled

The Executive was very disorientated and seemed not aware of what she was doing, her manner was not at all empathetic and she was just uttering words without meaning them..

I asked her to put me through to a manager or Etihad Guest relations because this was not acceptable that the airlines did not know what was happening and that customers should be informed directly by airlines rather than having to read on the net..this is very stressful and worrying and mentally affecting customers..

She then disconnected the call and has not even bothered to call back..!!!
                            I am disgusted by this service and I'm worried and want to know what is the status of my flight so I can make other arrangements if necessary..

Take this as a formal complaint

Etihad AirwaysService

My card has been soft charge dated August 20, 2021 2013H. Amounting to 2760dhs. Reference number GAINDU. As per etihad, they release the fund already as this is just a soft charge and the amount will be credited in my account maximum 5 days but till now it is not credited. I called the bank according to them the amount is still on hold on etihads part. I called etihad they just give me the approval code 649824. I called the bank again as per them they need official document for this. But when I call etihad as per them they are not providing document for this as this is just a soft charge and I should be expecting that money to be credited to my account. Which is which? I need that money asap and I can't afford to wait that long because I will be using that money for my husband and daughters flight. Kindly do the needful. Whenever I'm calling etihad customer service, it's taking too long to answer my call and still this issue hasn't been resolved for a long time.

Respond

Etihad AirwaysComplain about refund ticket.

Dear sir/mam

I had returing ticket of 25jul 2020 from washington dulles, boeing 787-9 jet
                                To dubai and nepal for all details I have uploaded the booking ticket. Due to the pandemic you people stop the flight and we booked the other airlines and its my right to get the refund from yours, but still we are not getting. So plz kindly do the needfull

Complain about refund ticket.

Respond

Etihad AirwaysNot able to cancel my tickets on etihad website/No help from contact center

Dear Team,

Booking date -25-Aug-2021
                                  Travel date-17th Sep-2021
                                  Details- AUH to SEZ (return)

Issue : Cancellation
                                  Online cancellation not working. Online cancellation fails saying call us to cancel your booking. Your call wait time is 2 hours each time we call, Its been over 12 hours ive been trying to contact the etihad contact center and not able to get through yet. Please advise some other faster, more effective way of cancellation and refund considering your cancellation button on the website is just for show