Ethiopian Airlines Logo

Ethiopian Airlines

Having problems with Ethiopian Airlines?

Ethiopian Airlines reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 9, 2007. The latest review Customer Srevice was posted on Mar 31, 2021. The latest complaint Wheel Chair Not Provided was resolved on Jan 13, 2010. Ethiopian Airlines has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 16 reviews. Ethiopian Airlines has resolved 1 complaints.

Ethiopian Airlines Customer Service Contacts

1800 1322 0154 (Philippines)
+251 116 179 900 (Ethiopia)
+1 833 923 2689 (United States)
+44 175 396 7980 (United Kingdom)
+43 720 229 149 (Austria)
+32 78 259 242 (Belgium)
+973 16 199 205 (Bahrain)
+852 800 905 629 (Hong Kong)
+60 162 991 696 (Malaysia)
+966 800 814 0018 (Saudi Arabia)
+27 875 518 262 (South Africa)
+66 25 088 794 (Thailand)
P.O.Box 1755
Addis Ababa
Ethiopia

Ethiopian Airlines Complaints & Reviews

Ethiopian AirlinesCustomer Srevice

On the 14th March my family and I were due to return back to the Uk but we was refused our flight because we had not filled in PLF. We new nothing of this form and whilst we were filling it they made us miss our flight. We returned the following day for the net flight, then they asked us if we had a negative covid test, again we new nothing of these unlawful procedures as they were introduced in January, again we were refused our flight. From the 19th of March Ethiopian airline stopped travel to the UK, and my Family and I are stuck in Ethiopia incurring cost we can not afford, the Customer service we have had to deal with has been nothing but disgusting, dismissive and unhelpful, in fact, they are in the wrong job, what I did learn from them is that they do not want to incur £2000.00 penalty from the UK, even after telling them its going to be a lot worse when you get sued. I would like a refund so that my family and I can get on an alternative with another airline. Stopping anyone from traveling is unlawful and I am entitled to the service I paid for and I did not get it. So please refund me,

Ethiopian AirlinesTicket refund

Good afternoon

I attempted to fly from London on 20 December 2020 on a one way ticket as I was moving to Zambia. The only way I could get on board was to buy a return ticket and was told to request a refund after I arrived in Zambia, which I did. I made a refund request and this was confirmed in an email dated 6 Jan 2021 and written by Fikir T. The subject of the email is [protected] - TICKET REFUND
    I have sent many emails requesting my refund with not even the courtesy of a reply.
    On 16 March I received a noreply email from Ethiopian informing me that the flight I purchased back in December has now been cancelled.
    So, please advise what happened to my refund

Feb 24, 2021

Ethiopian Airlines — Reimbursement. Tickets was not used.-covid 19 issue

reservation code VXYTQQ Ticket Number [protected] Paris-Nairobi Issue date: 16Aug2020 Issuing Airline and...

Feb 23, 2021

Ethiopian Airlines — Services and practices.

I have made this complaint months ago. Passenger: APAKI/NICHOLAS Reservation code: GRFVKQ Date...

Ethiopian AirlinesFlight

My experience with Ethiopian Airline was unbelievable. Our flight was scheduled for 10:15pm. We boarded the plane and wasn't given instruction to exit the plane until 2:00am. They informed us that there was something wrong with the plane. They then told us that we would be taken to a hotel and rescheduled. We sat in the lobby for hours with no communication. They did not have the rooms prepared or paid for. It is now the next day and we still don't know when our flight is scheduled. We have missed our connecting flight and our initial agenda. Wasted money, wasted time, and we were placed in danger in the process. Extremely dissatisfied

Mar 12, 2020

Ethiopian Airlines — Unceremonious change of ticket schedule

Reference FIOPXJ I received an email that was blocked for my response. However, I called the airline 3 time...

Ethiopian AirlinesI didn't get all my luggage in toronto pearson airport

hello,
        my name is Tseuhouo Talla Charles Marius. my trip destination was Yaounde - Cameroun to Toronto Pearson Airport Canada
        Date of incident : 15 Feb arrive toronto 16 Feb
        client number : [protected]
        description: i see only one bag PNR : GWULYM code bare: 9071 ET388525
        i request a refund or my bag if not that will be very difficult for me because i have must important of my thing inside
        my bag was a black bag enroll in plastic 23 Kg
        you can reach me on this email : [protected]@yahoo.fr
        find attach a copy of my reciept

it is very important for me to get this bag as soon as possible . im very upset about this situation .
        waiting for your response as soon as possible

thanks

I didn't get all my luggage in toronto pearson airport
        I didn't get all my luggage in toronto pearson airport

Nov 06, 2019

Ethiopian Airlines — lost baggage

Dear Sir, Bonjour! I would like to draw your kind attention towards non delivery of my baggage on 1st...

Ethiopian Airlinesdelays

I had a connection in Addis Abbeba flight ET628 to Bangkok at 09/03 at 23:55, the flight was transfered to 6 am, what was a big problem to me because the meeting I had in Bangkok at Saturday afternoon had to be posponed and a lot of miscommunication and problem that I had after that, let me very disappointed With Ethiopian Airlines, below I will describe all my loses:
          - appointment with a client in Bangkok had to be posponed
          - difficult attendance at the ticket window at the company. They were doing priority for business customers, after had traveled 12 hours from Brazil, really any kind of distinction is really not far.
          - after to get be attended and received the voucher for the hotel, they informed me to pass imigration and ask for a company employee how to go to the hotel.
          - At the immigration desk, the official didn't agree with the ticket that I had received for the new flight and told me if I could wait 6 hours at the airport!!!?? I answered: "what?"
          -passing the immigration I was obliged to find by myself the transfer to the hotel, in a really without information place, with a lot of people chasing me where I was going, a big mess. After to understand I was alone and should let me down I inform to one guy the hotel I wanted to go and he called to the transfer.
          - at next day I arrived at the airport at 4:15 am, and went to the gate was informed in my ticket and the access to get in it was not opened yet. I went to take information, they said would be opened at 5am, I thought strange coz my flight was planned to start boarding at 5:15am. It was 5:45 and the entrance was not opened yet, lot of people waiting, nobody informed anything and at 6am they told us the gate was changed from 3 to 20, in the other side of the airport. Great!
          - we took off around 7:30 means 1, 5 hours was planned
          - at flight I ordered gluten free meal and the crew woman gave tonme the meal gluten free and 2 breads with gluten, if I didn't have noticed that looking for the meal of my neighbor I had ate gluten and have had healthy problems.

After all the unfortunates I mentioned above, I ask a financial compensation which one is provided by law of 500 euros.

Personal information
          Passport FO514679
          Full name Andrea Cristina de Alexandre

Best regards

delays

• Complainant20091 Apr 02, 2019

Mr. Andrea Cristina de Alexandre,

The attached document produces two boarding passes of passenger only.
              There is no indication of the events, mentined in your public complaint.
              If you wish the finacil compensation for a possible act against your interetsts, which is not stated in the contract of carriage between the passenger and Ethiopian Airlines / see your unattcahed e-ticket /, the passenger can hire a lawyer for the agreed fee in the chosen country (in Ethipia or in Thailand).

Regards.

Ethiopian Airlines — delay and cancellation of a flight. extremely bad customer service

My name is Marvin Stefanus Ndeshipanda, i am a Namibian. On the 14th August 2017 i started my trip with...

Ethiopian Airlines — flight disruption

My name is Marla dava, and I am writing this letter to express the inconvenience that the company ethiopian...

Ethiopian Airlines — Connecting flights 'failure to issue boarding pass

On 7th May 2017 i checked in from miri flight MH 2585 'to KL then supposed to be on to Douala west...

Ethiopian Airlines — Unethical behaviour at Check-in counter (Mumbai Airport)

Dear Sir/Madam My grandmother (aged 76), unable to read and write, was due to fly on 27/02/2016, flight...

Ethiopian Airlines — Cheating/Fraud

Sir, 1. My name is Mahesh Dutt Sharma and I am working in Goma (DRC). I travelled using Ethiopian Airline...

Ethiopian Airlines — Wheel Chair Not Provided

The Manager, On January 12, 2010, I used Ethiopian Airlines to travel back to Bombay, India. My Mother...

Ethiopian AirlinesDeboarded from the flight and missing luggage

Denied flight after being issued a boarding pass and luggage was shifted without my knowledge. I am holding the boarding pass and also the pir form of my missing luggage.

• Updated by Jamil musoke · Dec 20, 2019

Dear:my baggage a missing from you airlines and I tried to contact Ethiopia office in Qatar but I didn't get any help up now, it's now one week since I used airline.i hope that I can found my baggage please.

Jamil musoke Dec 25, 2019

Dear :Attention please, my baggage is missing now it one week, non delivery of my baggage on 10/12/19 with ET620 due to flight delayed from Etenbbe Uganda

Comments
                Comments

• Em
                Ema Addis Nov 20, 2013

Don't get me wrong! I am confident on the airline crew knowledge and capacity. But guess what? Customers don't care how much you know until they know how much you care. The cabin crew lack professionalism has no work ethics and definitely no clue about customer service at all. I am sorry to say it but the cabin crew, especially the captains are super egotistical, inflated and honestly I don't even know what they think about themselves. The way they carry themselves is so sad and pathetic. They need to come down and has to understand that their salary comes from the passengers that have been tolerating their ignorant behavior. They need to know that their dumb attitude is so embarrassing not only to one of the great organization in the nation but also to country because unfortunately they are carrying the flag wherever they go. I wonder if they even take ethics and professionalism as a course, if they do, may be it needs s to be revised and strengthened. CHANGE! CHANGE! CHANGE! and get matured please.

• Rs
                R. SELLARS Dec 01, 2009

I HAD THE SAME EXPERIENC ETHIOPIAN AIRLINES IS THE WORST AIRLINE I HAVE FLOWN. ON DECEMBER FIRST 2009 I SHOWED UP ONE MUNITE LATE FOR FINAL BOARDING. THE CAPTAIN DENIED ME BOARDING. THE PLANE SAT AT THE LOADING POSITION FOR OVER 30 MINUTES AFTER I WAS DENIED. THESE PEOPLE WHO RUN ETHIOPIAN TOO STUPID TO RUN AN AIRLINE AND ARE SICK. THIS AIRLINE SHOULD BE AVOIDED AT ALL EXPENSE.