Essoemployee using racial slurs

K Jul 08, 2019

I was absolutely astounded when I was very openly called a "paki" by an employee at the Manchester Esso station on Regional Road 21 near Port Perry. Upon entering the establishment, the employee, who had brought her young daughter to work with her, turned to her daughter & said "great, another paki." The two broke out laughing & the employee was very rude to me. This is not the first time that I have heard this employee be blatantly racist. Last Saturday I overheard the employee (I believe I have heard someone call her "Mel") on her cellphone calling the owners "paki's" & that she'll take money from the "paki's." She then went on to tell the person on the other line that this is her country not theirs & that they should be working for her. I have already spoken to the police regarding the incident where I was called a "paki" & I was told by them that I can press charges against the employee. I do not deserve to be discriminated against nor do I intend to be insulted every time I get gas. Furthermore, this employee short changes me every time I get gas. I am owed $17.00 at this point. The next time that I hear a racist remark come out of her mouth, I will call the police to the gas bar immediately & I will be bringing this matter to the attention of the media. This employee obviously has no class & seems to think very highly of herself. I have overheard her telling another customer that she is so desirable to men & that no man can resist her.