[Resolved] Enterprise Holdings / rental/discrimination

I have rented for Enterprise for many years but on 5/21/2019. I called at 5:55 stating I was a minute away. I arrived at 5:56 - Approx. 6:00 they began locking the office doors and the lady asked for my license after 2 minutes asked me to follow her outside. Normally, I walk with the rep around the car look at the gas tank and the mileage to verify its accurate but this time she jumps in the driver seat, closes the door and locks it. She tells me from the window to walk around the car and do a walkthru so I do - she had me stand outside the car until she opens the door and came out. She hands me a handheld computer and tells me - the deposit amount and to sign the documents. I said before I sign the insurance is covered through our corporate account. She said yes its there - I sign the first time then she takes it to the next screen and says sign both places and make sure you don't steal the car (caught me off guard) I said "steal the car" she said yes - "others like you" think full coverage means to keep the car and don't return it since its covered… I said - You are saying - I will steal the car? She said - oh yes - that is part of our policy we have to tell you not to steal the car….. I said that's the first I have heard this since I have been renting from enterprise for over 20 years. She said now they want us to tell you not to steal the care and make sure you return it. - I said that is offensive - I cannot believe you are telling me this… She said yes I am just doing my job. I signed as fast as I could to get away from her - she took the computer and ran behind the building's back door (we were in the front)

I was so offended but asked some colleagues to see if they are being told the same thing - they all said NO NEVER - Not only am I OFFENDED - I am appalled!

• Resolution statement

• Enterprise Holdings Customer Care's Response, Jun 06, 2019

Appalled Forever, we appreciate it when customers tell us about their experiences. We would like to speak with you further about your experience. Please email [protected]@Enterprise.com with your contact information, exact rental office location, rental contract information and the details above so we can address this promptly. Thank you. – Carol H.

Ap