Enterprise Car Rentalno receipt/dirty cars

V

I had an accident and had my vehicle towed to a combination Advance Collision Repair/Enterprise Care Rental. USAgengies paid only $15.00/day and I had to pay the remainder. I somehow had the impression that my portion was to be about $18.00/day. I'm not really sure what to say other than I'm not sure about what the car really cost me. Initially, I was given a Ford Edge, a decent vehicle, but not good on gas mileage. It was really dirty and the seats stained. Imagine, only about 33, 000 miles. When I went to pay additional money, a young man gave me a lower price and my cost would be about $11.00/day. A few days later, the girl called me and said that Enterprise was pulling this car from the fleet, so I returned it and was provided with a Kia at the same cost that the young man charged me for the Ford. It also was very dirty! I went over the 30 days that the insurance company would allow and as it was the Labor Day Weekend, I kept the vehicle so I could do laundry and grocery shopping (no one to assist me). When I did turn the car in, I never received a receipt for the period I had the two vehicles showing the insurance portion and my portion. I really feel I was overcharged. The young man I mentioned had given me a receipt only for the deposits that I had given them. My money seemed to have been consumed very quickly. The company has no printed information regarding their prices. It seems like they just make them up as they go.

My vehicle still wasn't repaired yet. That's another complaint but with USAgencies. So, I went without a car and walked to work and was able to get one or two co-workers to assit me. When I had to go to New Orleans to see a surgeon for a procedure, I rented another vehicle from Enterprise. I gave them a $300 deposit and had the car for six days. I've looked at the paper and I truly believe I was over charged as when I returned the vehicle, I was credited only $8.62. The car was a PT Cruiser. You guessed it! It was filty!

Well, I certainly hope the younger folks today learn how to not have these companies take advantage of them. There are a lot of millionaires in America, but I'm not one of them!

Apparently, Enterprise knows little about infection control and does not ever clean and sanitize their vehicles between renters. That's really a shame to rent such filty vehicles. I'm a nurse and very aware of the infections passed from one person to another. MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) is everywhere in the community. Enterprise, as well as all car rental companies should become more aware of cleanliness of their vehicles and infection control. After all FLU SEASON IS HERE!!