Emiratesrefund/customer affairs

D

Hi there,

We flew emirates recently and had one of the worse experiences there was, all 4 sectors had flight delays. My husband who is in aviation as well only wanted the a380 experience so we flew the airline. I recommed jet airways going forward. Being avid travellers I will never fly this airline again and male sure it gets enough blogged publicity.
Our flight back from muscat to toronto was delayed by 4 hours which meant our connecting flight was 15 mins within departure. Thinking that we would save the flight cost to put us up in a hotel in dubai for 3 days since thei only have limited flights to toronto and being promised our bags would make it we ran the gates wit 5 mins to spare. No dubai duty-free aat all... Thanks! We make the flight only to land and realise no bags for 3 days. Thanks to them we miss work and were placed in a not so-happy place. We wirite to customer affairs and get a letter from a vm simpson in their ny office who claims she is sorry and since they paid for our accomodation in dubai??? They were offering us skywards miles... When we plan never to fly them again.
I need some advise on how to go about my legal oursuit with them since I am sick and tired of these darn airlines giving us the run around. I have called and left a couple of messages for simpson and till date we have not received a call back.
In a recession economy when there are better airlines these guys not only delay flight, change our seats when we took trouble to book them online, delay our luggage, every meal we ordered on board was not available...
I dont think we should put up with this, thank to the letter our lawyers are having a field day since now we have it in writing how bad their service is, customer affairs has a full mail box when you call them.
I expect some kind of call back by end of november... If not I think it is going to be a great christmas.
D

• Cd
    CD1144 Dec 08, 2015

I am in a similar situation with the same individual in question, who has proved to be unresponsive (over a period of 3-months) and is dismissive my claim of a compensation; as was assured by staff at the terminal at JFK. I am attempting to file a complaint with the the DOT for this issue.

• Em
    Emirateskaland Oct 01, 2015

VM is a unprofessional at NY office and she does outright dismissal of complaints. File a class action law suit and have emirate pay