Menu
EasyHome
reviews & complaints

EasyHome
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

123 complaints
33 resolved 90 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of EasyHome. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Beware of the easy home store in cheektowaga, ny. The owner, I believe his name is bill or bob, and the lady claiming to be his wife are very rude nasty people. They will tell you what you want to hear for them to make a buck. When I questioned why I was lied to, the lady became irate and started acting crazy. I would advise avoiding this store at all costs.

11:40 am

EasyHome - ripped off.

Totally outrageous, my wife got a bunch of stuff with them, and she passed away. i tried to keep up the payments but i couldn't. so i said come pick this stuff up, and they said no? they said they would prefer it if i paid them. yeah not happening. so now the stuff is outside in the snow and slush, i told them they got about 10 minutes to get the tv, couch, bed, fridge and tv stand. they didn't and the stuff was taken. took me to court and i won it. Never ever go with easyhome, lori ( store manager ) left PERSONAL comments? ex. " stop acting like a bum and make your payments " word for word. well easyhome, sit on my middle finger and rotate.

1 comment
R
May 25, 2011 3:45 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I AM A CUSTOMER IN ONTARIO PETERBOROUGH I LIKE THE REPS BUT I WAS TOLD TODAY I HAVE 40 WEEKS LEFT I AM LIKE 40 WEEKS THAT IS OVER 10 MONTHS LEFT I HAD CINCE DEC 2010 NOW MAY WERE DOES THIS TEN MONTHS COME FROM AM I BEEN SCAMMED? THANKS THE AGREE MENT WAS 1 YR ON LAPTOP CAUSE IT IS BEEN USED AND RETURNED TONES OD TIMES.

EasyHome - ripped off

To start I put $ down on a pillowtop mattress that never came in. Meanwhile they gave us a crappy mattress to sleep on. We never missed a payment and were planning on paying off the mattress within 4 mths. They kept saying oh we ordered it two weeks turned into 4 mths. Not cool at all. Then they finally get a mattress in not the one we ordered still I was okay with the euro top they had then they tried ripping me off telling me that if I want the eurotop mattress which replaced the pillowtop I originally ordered I would have to pay twice as much with a payment and begin a new contract all over again. Or pay 420.00 the next day for it outright. What a crock off crap I told him to come pick up his mattress or I would set it on fire in my yard. He didnt like that. I wouldnt but I feel so mad why go through a company that tries to screw you over like that. You guys get my money never give me what I want then ask for more money to give me what I need. You guys shouldnt even be in business. Thanks for nothing. Please dont rent from easyhome. They are scammers and deceivers. Call me if you need proof.802 578 1794 dennis

1 comment
C
Dec 21, 2012 1:47 pm

i hear u

T
9:07 pm

EasyHome - good customer treated poorly

I have been an excellent customer for 3 years at EasyHome, the staff have been great, however, recently my grandmother passed away who lives in New Brunswick. I had to pay for the flight home and have been a week late here and there for the past month. They have allowed their collection agent to call day in and day out to my home and be very rude and threaten to come get my items. I informed the manager of that location of the rudeness and she did nothing, so I went over her head. I left a complaint on the contact us page on their website. The district manager called me within a few hours, listened to my situation, is dealing with the agent and also gave me a free week to help me get caught up to the point where I will be fine. Moral is: If you are having that many problems with a store, complain to the right people and they will fix it for you.

2 comments

please contact the BBB & file a formal complainant. Easyhome will give you a free week but remember you are being charged 29% interest for 2 or 3 years. BIG LESSON LEARNED PAY CASH. you'll save a lot more than just money, you'll never get a precall before your next due date and 3 calls that day, your references will never hear about your late payments or be solicited to. best of all you won't be speaking to someone trying constantly to sell you something.

G
Nov 06, 2011 2:08 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

im glad you did. i too complained about this person. the cambridge store actually witnessed him in action on the phone told me to complain said his behaviour was ridiculous and to compain. funny last time i talked to him he was sweet and professional lol. maybe alot of complaints coming in i d say lol. they tret us like dirtbags i went somewhere else after 7 years great dealings a few things paid off, never agin i go somewhere else now. too many management chanes and they ll hire anyone.

N
12:38 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

i have been renting from easyhome and i have paid out all my stuff on august 2010...and now the new woman manager doest not let me rent cause I hunged up on her...for emergency reasons...but to let my case known i have contacted my lawyers, and this is just plain prejudice..i am native and yet not allowed to rent.. and no arrears are oweing...cant make sale...

J
8:34 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I put in a complaint 6+ months ago that when they moved my furniture they broke the leg on the couch. I have still been making my payments every month and still has not been fixed. Back in October 2010 I put in another complaint to have it fixed and a guy came a week later said he had to order new legs for the couch that are not the original legs and would...

J
3:38 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Lucie is the spawn of the devil! She is completely unprofessional and a power hungry female manager who harrasses and bullies ALL of her employees. She is uncaring and unsympathetic to all situations regarding family life and demands that her employees work extreme overtime and weekends with NO compensation. Beware before you take a job with this company...

T
1:23 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

To whom it may concern Good Morning, To whoever is reading this after my phone conversation with the manager on the phone on Saturday, November, 13, 2010. Before speakingand going into further conversation with the manager, he had asked atthe beginning of the phone call for " Mrs. ****" and then "Mr.****", both are neither on the contract/agreement...

O
4:15 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have a complaint about the easyhome store in Glace Bay about my payments... One minute they tell me my account is yup to date then they go and leave harrassing and snotty messages on my answering machine telling me it unacceptable for my payment to be late i had no dammmm idea it was late no friggen wonder no one wants to do business there... Imagine if...

EasyHome - customer service

Easyhome is an okay company... it's the staffing at one location is specific that is way out of line... This individual breaks privacy laws by calling under "Private name, Private number" which is illegal for a company not to identify themselves when they are calling. My wife and i had fallen under hard times so we contacted EasyFinancial, a sister-company to easyhome... well, when the individual at easyhome found this out (and i don't know how she could due to privacy laws) she left a message on our phone saying "you have the nerve to go into see Easyfinancial, but you can't even make a payment?" my response is ... well genius, if i could get the money to make the payment, i would... hence the reason i'm going to easyfinancial first. The customer service in the other locations that i've visited have been stellar... but this one in particular, with this one staff member (which i WILL NOT name, because i understand the right to privacy) knows who SHE is, and she really needs to check herself because of you don't know how to talk to customers, then don't work there.

2 comments

well...I am an employee of easyhome, cannot state my name for purposes im sure you understand. I have been working at this company for about a year now...how I managed that long I do not know. But I do know one thing, some of the employees...particularly in the store I work in can be very rude to customers and maintain no customer service skills what so ever. But even the worst part about it is working for easyhome. I dont know if its the company in general or if its the manager and CRS we have in store. They belittle me, harass me, make fun of me, not just in general but also in front of customers and other employees. I tell you one thing...easyhome on not very friendly!

When I visited my family in Nebraska, I got sick and had to stay longer than expected. I called easyhome to explain that when I returned home I would pay my payment that was behind. They are rude, and one thing that they should not do is harasss my references by going to their homes sitting down talking to them. My references have nothing to do with my purchase from easyhome. I talked with one of the men that worked there and he told me that he wasn't going to accept anymore payments from me. In turn, he took me off the computer that generated a letter to me that said that I have a $25.99 credit which I can use towards a new purchase. (What I purchased originally was two sets of mattresses. One set I have had over a year, the other set I have had about six months.)

What I am concerned about is when you give references, they're suppose to contact them when you cannot contact the customer. I talk with them and they still visit my references, harrassing them. What is up with that. My relatives who are on the police department, a deputy sheriff, and a lawyer, I have talked with and each one of them have told me what to do. I have never encountered such rudeness from people in all my life. If I have to go as far as doing something legal, I will, and so will my relatives that they have harassed. I don't know if these people are trained to be rude in this kind of business, but if they are, they need to go into training for not being rude and probably would get better results. People are not children and shouldn't be treated as such. If they can't handle the public better, they need to get another type of job where they don't have to deal with people. There is such a thing as acting human and not inhuman.

S
10:10 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Well less than a year ago, I leased to own some funiture from easy home. And experienced the following - they damaged my landlords hardwood floors, the bedroom set was peeling and the sales people never gave me a consistent answer as to how much each product was. I was told, I could return the items anytime - when I did, my other items were jacked up in...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Lease a TV through them. They call non stop if the payment is late, even if the payment is not late they still call to "remind" me to make payment a few days in advance. Staff are very rude and now they are not only harrassing myself but now are calling references telling them the situation when it is has nothing to do with them. I have tried to make...

N
5:27 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I rented a home theatre and tv from them and when i went out of town my house was broken into and stuff was tooken and then i had a death in the family so i was gone for a long time. well they kept calling all my references and my phone threatening they were going to file theft charges against me. after i done told them the stuff was stolen several time...

H
8:56 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Where do I begin... Well I have been dealing with easy home for a little over 2 years. I pay on time and if I am going to be late I call. The first issue started when xavier (Employee) started calling to remind me that my payment was due... Okay 1st you don't have to remind me and 2nd you don't have to call at 8:00 in the morning. After I told him off about...

A
7:41 pm

EasyHome - repairing complaint

Last September my washer broke down..I had only 5 months left of owning my washer and dryer. I pay the extra $2.99 insurance every week to have my merchandise fixed due to I already have an owed fridge. It is now February and my washer is still not fixed. I have received every excuse in the book and have even paid and own my laundry set now! I have been late in the past to have their employees harrass me and ignore my needs! Why would it take 6 months + to fix a barring in a washer? I also have a stove almos paid off, but they do not seem to value their customers! Next time I will be going to another store! I have had enough of the inconsideration! Thank you for not caring!

Jul 24, 2012 6:33 pm

well mr manager, considering IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO CALL MORE THAN 3 times a day to collect more than 3 is considerd harassment, my advise to you is don't push your luck is you get 4+ harassment charges YOU CAN go to jail till your trial date or be given a peace bond, and if you violate that, you will automatically receive a year in prison, THIS IS CANADAIN LAW .. don't ask me about the us cause I don't know, I have 2 of your jerkoffs facing a break and enter charge for entering my home illegally ... so the way you guys handle things is short of jail or if i catch your bozo's in my house again DEAD

i am an easyhome manager

My job is very stressful. i have about 60 customers who are past due... i call them up to 3 + times a day, continuously leaving messages and they never call back, call their references, work ect.// How hard is to answer the phone and say, "im sorry, im short this week i will be in next week".. or actually call the store back and say, hey ive been laid off, im going through some hard times financially..ect.. We work with customers either by lowering their payment for an "X" amount of weeks or just give a week free, or a pick up & hold. But when we call you constantly and you cant even call us back, YA WE GET PISSED !

and if we didnt call you a few days prior to remind you that your due, you wouldnt come in to pay. Very few of our customers pay on time, and for those few customers, we make a note on their account to not call them with a "friendly reminder".

we have customers who purposely try to scam us...set up a lease, deliver the product and they skipping out on us after only paying one month and we have to try to hunt them down. sometimes we never find them.

We have a no hassle return policy, so people can use the crap out of stuff and then return it damaged. I have 3 mattresses with blood, piss stains on them i cant re-lease or sell. i have a couch that has burn mark in it and piss stains on it. thats sitting in our backroom.

i go out of my way to get the customer exactly what they want. on my day off, i drive out of town spending 5 hrs of my day getting product for cutomers, i stay late every night because our bosses give us more work to do then we can accomplish in the day. I bend over backwards for customers and what do i get... Nothing, i just get more complains sent to the head office because this wasnt done or that wasnt done.

But im over it. I will never again stay late.. i will never again work on my day off. Because the customers ARNT WORTH IT.. THEY WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED !

X

P
5:52 am

EasyHome - mislead information

Last May Easy home had a sale for a 60" plasma tv in the flyer for 2599.99. I know all about lease places and the fact that you ususally pay more, but i went and checked it out, as the flyer advertised no interest for 12 months. I went in with a friend inquired about the tv to PHIL. I was told that "we are just like leons and the brick, as long as you pay it off within a year, you don't pay any interest and you pay the cash price".

I purchased the tv and he passed off the paperwork to one of his delivery goons after misleading me. Now i find out that the cash price is actually 4400.00 because it is still a lease. I was mislead about the price of the tv and never explained that their "cash" price is not the advertised cash price that was in the flyer, which was only if you purchase the tv outright.

Be very careful on their play on words as they use the word cash in two different meanings, but put the word LEASE on the paperwork

I am in the process of Talking to the disctrict manager who of course came the "how it works" speech. The problem is not "how it works", it is the fact of being mislead and tricked. He also tried to use the we have 235 stores and try to train our staff properly...ARE YOU KIDDING ME! He also questionned the price i told him, which was IN THE FLYER! At this point i am waiting for a response.

If you don't believe what i am telling you, than that makes me A...Liar.

Update by PPRIMEAU
Feb 06, 2010 12:52 pm

FOLLOW UP: Spoke to Vice President of EasyHome and we had a great conversation. TV is on its way back, and everything worked out for the good!

Update by PPRIMEAU
Jan 30, 2010 6:19 am

Oh and let's not forget that staff member telling me that "this isn't the first time this has happened" in regards to PHIL and the District Manager also telling me he has had deal with this type of situation before!

6:25 pm

EasyHome - rude

I got a Dell Inspiron 10 but had a little bit of trouble with it a bit of a liquid that has accdently gotten onto the keyboard and i didnt even know and when i called to get the laptop fixed because the keys were sticking they called to tell me that the battery was fried and i had to pay for the damages where it worked when i brought it there.. i can understand paying for cleaning the keyboard and fixing it where it didnt stick but how can it be fine one minute and then the next its fried i feel like they are trying to rip me off of 375 dollars for ### that they are trying to say is wrong with it...
To make matters worst im 9 months pregnant and i called them to tell them i didnt want the replacement laptop cuz i couldnt afford to pay for it right at the moment that i could right after my baby was born id be there with the damage payments one representative was ok and understood my situation, but when my boyfriend went to drop off the laptop to them the manager gave him a hard time about it even when he told them i was going to pay them but as soon as i can get my money because im on bedrest and cant get to pay them until after my baby is born in january. she went on threating him saying they were going to take me to court and everything all about the money when they were told they were getting the money but would have to wait till after my baby is born for me to bring it to them...I think easy home needs to have better and understanding people for there customers...and to make things worst i had a month free from paying my bill and didnt have to pay till febuary 1st but they seem to believe that I didnt where i signed for it...

B
12:33 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I made the mistake of dealing with these guys. They not only misrepresent thier services and surcharges, they are rude, unprofessional and very difficult to deal with on all levels!!! I purchased a new box spring and mattress from a vancouver store in May. It was wrapped in plastic when it arrived and was when set up a box spring cover (drape) was placed on...

E
6:01 pm

S
7:43 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I have an account with them my acct in arrears sure. I will get it caught up. This company breaks the privacy laws. They call references and tell them that you owe and want their stuff back when according to the privacy act all they can do is leave a message for a return call. I am going to pursue legal action if they do not stop this soon.

EasyHome contacts