Dollar Tree / customer service

United States Review updated:

I was in the Euless, Texas Store this morning making purchases. On my way to the exit I saw a Table/Bin with a fairly large sign that said something like Dollar Day Deals/2 for $1.00. I was going through the items and a woman came out of the office and without saying anything to me, reached in front of me, grabbed the sign and removed it. The sign underneath said $1.00. I almost turned and said, "that was really hateful." But I opted to immediately leave the store. The Bin was right by the Exit. I retired as a Retail Executive after 40 years. Our signing team would have made sure that sign was changed before store opening. If a customer saw that sign and the signing team missed it, we would be obligated to honor that sale.
That was an obvious Customer Service Fail on their part.
[protected]@gmail.com

• Updated by Terry Mosher, Jun 12, 2019

I'm done here, nothing is getting accomplished.

Te
Jun 06, 2019

Comments

•   Jun 06, 2019

Most stores would allow the sale price and change the sign right away. Legally if the sign is dated, it’s voided but if no date, then the price would be honored.

Jun 07, 2019

@SubSquirrel The associate didn't even ask if I was interested in making a purchase from the table. There was no explanation about the sign and why she was abruptly removing it. That would have been the best thing she could have done. Instead she was rude enough for me to feel the need to leave the store immediately. We have another Dollar Tree where I live and they are incredible. It's the Grapevine, Texas store. I've told them what a wonderful staff they have. They greet every customer the minute they enter the store. They're helpful on the floor. The Euless store could take some customer service lessons from the Grapevine Store. No one in Euless cared if I was there. Customers were not greeted and none of them spoke to us. I won't ever shop at that store again, I'll continue to shop in Grapevine. You're explanation was what I expected. You obviously don't care about their lack of customer service. You never apologized for their actions.

•   Jun 07, 2019

@Terry Mosher Why should I apologize for their lack of customer service or lack of action? I’m just a person who posts their opinions here.

•   Jun 09, 2019

@Terry Mosher Why in God's name should subsquirrel apologize for other people's actions? That's fvked up.

What did she do that was HATEFUL??? That's a bizarre interpretation of the event.

The bin wasn't placed by the exit but the entrance. Meanwhile it's bizarre that a bin would contain "dollar deal specials" and still be the going rate of everything else in the store.

Jun 12, 2019

@SubSquirrel How about, I had no clue this was some random person replying to my concern with Dollar Tree?

Jun 12, 2019

@Um is not an answer! If this is not from the Corporate Office, it's meaningless to me. The Bin did contain Dollar Deals, it was placed at the entrance/exit . I was going in for a specific purchase so I didn't stop at the entrance to check out the Bin, I noticed it as I was leaving. Wow, there's a lot of uneccessary comments here. There's no need for you to be "hateful." I'll contact the Corporate Office in another way. I don't appreciate the hateful language either. I'm just trying to help the store with their failed Customer Service.

•   Jun 12, 2019

@Terry Mosher But you still want a poster on this site to apologise to you for the actions of someone else.

Another lunatic, I see...

•   Jun 12, 2019

@Terry Mosher Corporate is not on here so you are helping public people since 95% of the organizations that exist have no idea the site even exists. Geez, you really are coming across as psychotic.

•   Jun 12, 2019

@Terry Mosher How about, read the board and how it’s set up before making foolish statement? In no way did I imply that I worked for the business and I simply stated the policy of most stores?

• Al
      Jun 12, 2019

@Terry Mosher You felt the need to leave the store because you are easily offended. Why should she apologize for their actions. She does not work there. She has been on this site for a while you silly child. You seem to be ASSuming tht she works there.

•   Jun 09, 2019

Why do you think that this one person's lack of manners or something is this company's MO? Again, fvked up.

Jun 12, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Read my reply above. This has nothing to do with random people commenting on my review.

Jun 12, 2019

@Um is not an answer! She stepped out of the Office so I assume she has some responsibility other than that of a cashier.

•   Jun 12, 2019

@Terry Mosher I'm not talking about the random people on this board but how you are blaming the entire establishment for the hideous actions of one individual. It's like thinking all Germans are Nazis. It's ignorant.

Jun 12, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Stop commenting. The issue has been resolved. You’re latest comment is ridiculous.

•   Jun 12, 2019

@Terry Mosher Ignorance is bliss.

• Al
      Jun 12, 2019

@Terry Mosher Only your comment are ridiculous. This is public forum. Anyone can reply.

•   Jun 22, 2019

@Terry Mosher So the office is not for cashiers? Really? That's so regal!

•   Jun 12, 2019

“Stop commenting.” Who died and left you boss? Her comment is appropriate and complaining about unnecessary comments on an open forum is tantamount to thinking all Germans are Nazis.

Gee, I think I started the rumor mill that uhm and I are the same person!

Another comment. Poor Terry won’t be able to take it.

• Im
      Jun 22, 2019

Dan straight! Your complaint is justified. If the sign was up while you were inspecting the merchandise, that woman should not have run out of her office and yank the sign away. My guess is that this woman should have taken the sign down before the store opened as this was what she was told to do. If you bought any of these items, she would be in trouble because she did not do her job. You were a victim of this woman's cover up. She was rude and hateful. I would have raised my voice and told her a thing or two. Remember that if you get into an argument, whether you are right or wrong, a store can call the police on you. They can charge you with disrupting a business. You have more restraint than me.