Dollar Treedollar tree store manager attacks my 3 year old son

K Review updated:

I had an experience the day before yesterday in martell california. My husband, myself, & 3 year old son went to the store to shop. we were shopping quietly, not bothering anyone. The store has several balloons all over the place, so my 3 year old son decided to hold one by the string, not harming it, just holding it, and he was with my husband at the time. A lady claiming to be the store manager by the name of TAMMY came over and grabbed my sons hand, yanked the a balloon out of his hand and told him he can't hold a balloon, he has to put it back! My husband started to react right away and told her she has no right to talk or touch our son. she continued to argue with my husband while i stood in complete shock. I urge everyone in the jackson, martell, sutter creek, California area not to shop at the martell dollar tree!

• Updated by Kevdawg · Mar 21, 2018

fire this new store manager chris he doesn't deserve to be a manager he's not fit for it he's a piece of [censor]

• Updated by scrubhunter976 · Mar 29, 2018

Needs attention . Dirty restrooms

• Updated by jasmine harris · Apr 03, 2018

yesterday me and my mom was at the dollar tree in hazel crest the cashier didnt say next person in line can step over my mom got into with a customer the cashier name is emari

• Updated by Sistatazz76 · May 05, 2018

She even continue yelling and threats to me after I left the store. She took all my products off the belt and move them to the side and let somebody else go before me

• Updated by mpwgolfer · Aug 14, 2018

no shopping carts
    restrooms not available

• Updated by JChristie · Oct 08, 2018

I frequent the store routinely. With hesitation, I'm writing about the unpleasant condition of the store. It is not clean and shopping carts are almost never available. When complaints are voiced at the store, no one shows an interest in caring.

joe May 25, 2008

Remember, only you think your son is a superstar. To the rest of us he is just another kid. Watch your son more carefully, he obviously needs more supervision.

• Ki
    Kim May 29, 2008

I am a store manager for this company. We have many problems with parents not watching their own
    children. We have to clean up after these children we
    also have to damage our merchandice because they
    are not being watched and they tear open packages.
    We also have caught some of them stealing on camera.
    However I would never agree with what this manager
    did in this instance, there was nothing wrong with a
    young child holding a balloon.

• Ti
    TinyCrows Oct 14, 2018

I'm really confused at to why your stupid ass is still commenting on this.

• Di
    diana brown Oct 11, 2008

I live in amador county, shop at the martell store, I feel the store manager used poor judgement in this case. I well continue shopping at this store but, hope this manager dosen't rip a balloon out of my hand, for I don't know what my reaction well be.????????????????????????????????

• Jm
    jmach6677 Oct 24, 2018

@diana brown what if out of frustration the family made this up? what if they're one of those couples that let there little guy just run around and do what he wants when he wants?

anonymous Nov 15, 2008

I work in this store and I know of this incident. This statement is completely false. Tammy did not rip the balloon out of the childs hand, she never even touched the child. He had let over 50 balloons out of the balloon corral and she caught one as he was letting it go and said "no no, they have to stay in here" . The father of the child reacted by screaming at Tammy and calling her an ### over and over throughout the store. They grabbed the child and dragged him out of the store while screaming obcenities at Tammy. Meanwhile the child was still trying to play with more balloons. There were several witnesses to the incident, including cameras. I hope all who read this takes their own experiences with our staff to form their own opinions on whether they want to shop here.

• Im sorry that you feel this way and that you will not shop at our store anymore. But i do work there and i know of what happened. Tammy is the sweetest person that works at that store and would NEVER harm a child. She was simply telling the child to stop letting all the balloons go. I talked to Tammy personally and she told me exactly what happened. The father of this child called Tammy and ### and was folowing her around the store being rude to her. Im sorry that whoever wrote this is too into themselves and their child to completely bash a whole store on the internet for a woman simply telling the child to stop. And I'm sorry that this child's father was disrespectful enough to yell at a woman.

allrliars Sep 03, 2018

@An Anonymous dollar tree worke give me a break. you are bias. if she was mad at the man she should not have touched the kid. I'd sue the bitch if it was me

• Ju
    JUSTICEmarie95 Oct 12, 2018

@First Born Triplet Its not her place to do any of the sort not her child. Keeo yiur hands to yourself. I woukd of yelled to is someone lady i dont know touched my child. Keep your hands to yourself.

• Mrs Bean Jan 12, 2019

@JUSTICEmarie95 And she did that. This story is an out and out lie. Co-workers/ witnesses are on here and say none of this happened.

But if it did, consider how many children in the country are being raised by "unlimited data plan parents". They don't raise their kids at all. Their kids don't know how to wipe their noses! These kids need to be watched by SOMEONE!

• He
    Henry Gondorff Nov 19, 2008

Why is it disrespectful to yell at a woman? Many women deserve to be yelled at as well as men.

Henry Gondorff

now Stacy don't lie Apr 01, 2018

@Henry Gondorff Well said. As a woman myself I have to agree with you. You cannot hide behind gender to get away with things that are wrong. Some women call men cowards for arguing with them online. Well if you are going to dish verbal abuse be prepared to take it. Nothing wrong a man yelling at or telling off women who need to be told off.

anonyMiss Aug 30, 2009

Well Henry...in most countries, even the one's where you are allowed to beat your wife, it's still not ok to use bad language towards any person.

And this is another instance as to why it should be illegal to give out employee names. Apparently everyone knows who this employee is and she has a lot of supporters (yay!) but you posting her name shows how disrespectful you are Kim.

I have to believe that if this employee actually did this, you would have filed a police report just like everybody else. If you felt that she was such a threat to children that is. If the case were true she would then have to undergo screening and get a clrearance to work where she may encounter any children.

And, it sounds like your husband should have undergone this clearance process because anyone using profanity in front of a child would not have passed and for example, would never be allowed to adopt a child. I guess you are lucky the government has yet to pass out clearances to people who are allowed to breed.

• Ka
    KATE138 Nov 02, 2010

Yeah, we have to keep an eye on the balloons so they don't get sucked up into the vents in the ceiling, its REALLY annoying, and I love how this lady had to try to justify her family by completely exaggerating the story so that she doesn't look like she's wrong, this is how innocent, caring people [like Tammy] get in trouble for just doing their jobs and people like that anger me to no end. If you're really going to take the time to complain make sure that its for something that the employees did wrong, not you, your obnoxious husband and your crazy balloon obsessed child!

Mark Bilsby Jan 25, 2011

I have been in Dollar Tree many times, seems like a lot of people just come in and set the kids loose. dont care what they do, or what they mess up. I think this is one of those parents

• La
    Laura BG Jun 29, 2017

This is the common type of disregard most dollar tree customers show. Never seen so much merchandise damaged out due to careless parents. And somehow it will be the staffs fault. What happened to morals, if your kid let go 50 balloons you being a decent human should pay for them. Why should the store suck up the cost of your bad parenting.

Jane and John smith Jul 09, 2017

Dollar tree should have customer policy. Never leave your child unattended ...over the past system you should be allowed to say there is an unattended child on isle 4 . Your child will be waiting at front with our staff for your child's safety ...have dollar tree customers ever Flippen heard of kidnapping pedafiles, bad people, people that just want a kid. Lol I would never pick one from a dollar tree cause them is bad kids anyways. Just saying.

Magic bean stalk Apr 11, 2018

Why come the manger tommy could not ask for the ballon back instead of yanking the ballon out of his hand? I was told as a child never to to touch anything in the store maybe thats the reasen why unless someone buying it.

lynn86 Aug 08, 2018

@Magic bean stalk wtf. there is no excuse for what she did. you make it sound like it's ok

lynn86 Aug 08, 2018

@Magic bean stalk also did she even ask if they were buying it because she reacted in a stupid manner- they may have been thinking of buying it. I guess we should all get our hands hit for touching anything in the store- according to you

• Mrs Bean Jan 12, 2019

@lynn86 But what did she DO? This is a story in the most literal of senses.

PS: the way parents "parent"their kids (FYI they don't) SOMEONE has to look out for them!

You can't. You'll be in jail.

• Ar
    Areterr May 28, 2018

Your son should not be touching other people's things without permission. Discipline your son, correct him yourself and this won't be an issue.

lynn86 Aug 08, 2018

@Areterr wtf! so the bitch store employee is ok to grab a child. NOT!!!if it was your child you'd think differently moron

• Mrs Bean Dec 21, 2018

@lynn86 What makes you think this story even happened the way this snowflake non-parent says it did? It's compete bull. Nevermind the fact that the two parents were not paying attention to their one child! BS on them! They suck as parents and please like tem suck

• Mrs Bean Dec 22, 2018

@Mrs Bean *people like them suck!*

lynn86 Aug 08, 2018

I would sue the bitch. That is very illegal for what she did- at least here in ny it is and if it had been me and she did that to my daughter, she'd find herself on the floor after I knocked her head

Call the Waaaambulance! Sep 24, 2018

@lynn86 ...And then YOU would be in jail, and a foster family would be raising your child.

• Ju
    JUSTICEmarie95 Oct 12, 2018

@Call the Waaaambulance! Your all rude AF

• Mrs Bean Dec 21, 2018

@Call the Waaaambulance! I actually don't think that's a bad idea in this case.

• Es
    Ester Chavez Aug 14, 2018

I was shopping today when I overheard two female employees (saw one name badge as I walked by. Laura) talking about another employee there. They were speaking in Spanish thinking no one would understand them . Well I'm fluent in Spanish and am applaud on their behavoir. Never had I heard grown women speak so ugly about another employee like that.

Albrr Memo Aug 14, 2018

The store located on 1701 Utica ave Brooklyn ny -11234 is closing 15 minuet prior closing time and when've I asked the guy who standing by the door he told me that the manager told him to lock the door

• Ry
    Ryan Roberson Aug 14, 2018

I would like the customer servis contact information of this company bought the tape today an it will not stick ti anything i under stand its a cheap product i dont want money back would just like to make a complaint and review for company that is flat out robbery to sell a product that doesnt work at all

• Bo
    Bokoho Aug 15, 2018

No flooring hard cement nasty stains and selling bread expired and green with fly's in it bathrooms are disgusting poop on soap Despenser and trash not took out meat on shelves instead of freezer I rather go to dollar family and the shelves poorly organized trash everywhere

• Te
    tetsa Aug 15, 2018

On Sunday July 15 the store hours posted was supposed to be 9:00 am to 9:00 pm. The store employees were waiting outside. This is ridiculous. At one point 15 customers were waiting. The Store is located at 3754 S. High St Columbus Ohio 43207. This is poor customer service.

• Jn
    J Needham Aug 15, 2018

Rude people especially cashier
    Would not answer a simple question unless I got in the long line
    Racial overtone
    Store on Forest Drive annapolis Maryland

Call the Waaaambulance! Sep 24, 2018

@J Needham How was there a racist overtone?

It sounds like they were busy... They asked you to get in line... So What?

If you are not going to be detailed in the complaint, be prepared for people to call you out!

Marcia Jansen Aug 15, 2018

I went to your dollar Tree in Centralia Il on June the 30 . Very rude store .No one says Hi too you even when you say Hi to them. Lady At the register does not say hi or thank you are smiles Acts like she does not even want to be there .Will not be going in there again !Her Name tag said Janet Store looked dirty to!

Call the Waaaambulance! Sep 24, 2018

@Marcia Jansen They make minimum wages, and work long hours. If you want amazing customer service, go to a high-end retail store.

• Sh
    shellt921 Aug 15, 2018

Please fix the air conditioning in this store with our heat it is unbearable to shop in your store with no cool air. this will definitely affect your sales and is not fair for your employees to work in these conditions. Our temperatures are rising please address this as soon as you can. Thank you

Johnsonncharless1 Aug 16, 2018

I'm complaining again Olivia Cordana.. She's so Rude to Customers and not just us Customers, but also the employees that work under her supervision.. she just show off her self... She have a nasty Attitude.. She should be replace by someone better..

Mary FQ Aug 16, 2018

Your cashier at your Jacksonville store on St Augustine Rd and University
    Blvd is ripping you off. She saw I had two dollar bills in my hand and some change. She rang up one item and sweetly said that will 2.14. Cash register opened and total on register screen read 1.07. If she does that a couple times an hour, that's a nice pay raise.

I know, huh!!!???

• Ro
    Rose Harden Aug 16, 2018

Why are dogs allowed n Dollar Tree n carts with food, n at all, a food place.
    Again, this was early May, 2018. A customer was happily shopping with her dog n the shopping cart on 116th St. between 5th n Lenox Ave., Mangattan, Harlem, zip, 10026.
    Where is business integrity.

aledamarie Jun 24, 2019

@Rose Harden People are just plain rude, there is a sign right as you walk in the door that says service animals only, people just choose to ignore it.

• Na
    Nadyne irish Aug 16, 2018

I left the dollar and did not receive my paycheck spent all day on phone got no help no phone number to help resolve this issue need my money

@dear boss I am laughing hysterically, reading this post! Lol ROTF

• To
    tontoicky Aug 20, 2018

The one cashier allowed the line to go half way down the aisle while the other employees stood around talking. Where was management? This is a habit for this store on Saturday afternoon. It is rare to see more than one person working the floor. The one person is cashiering. This happened at the store located 3355 yarbrough in el paso texas.

• Do
    dogsmile Aug 20, 2018

I purchased items from the Cedar Springs store, and presented a roll of quarters as payment. The woman weighed it, and claimed I had only $8.50 in it. I took it home, and weighed it, and it was a half of a pound. What it should weigh. Not going in there again.

Call the Waaaambulance! Sep 24, 2018

Apparently, a scale is more accurate, than unrolling a roll of quarters, and actually counting them!!!

• Ri
    Richert89 Aug 20, 2018

A man named tony whom I know is a well known employee I see selling drugs in the parking lot while on break and sells drugs to employers including the general manger in Oakdale mn. He is rude and disrespectful and lets peope steal from the store.

• Je
    JEFF MIDDAUGH Aug 20, 2018

I was at your store on Pat Booker, Universal City, TX. At the store was without air conditioning and was told it's been off and on for almost 3 weeks. Your employees working in that heat with one single fan blowing on them to keep them cool in this 100+ degree temperatures we have been having is ridiculous. Hope the situation can be rectified soon

• Ke
    Kevdawg Aug 20, 2018

This new store manager is a prick he needs to be fired he walks around with his plumbers crack hanging out and he fired me just because my wife works there and we were working together on the same days at the same time . my name is donjuan

• Mp
    mpwgolfer Aug 20, 2018

store #2658, chandler, az.

-has no shopping carts
    -restroom is not in use and/or not available to customers

• Go
    goblet63 Aug 20, 2018

Dollar tree in Niagara falls on portage road is supposedly open til 8p.m. on Sundays. What happened I arrived at 7:50 p.m. worker stayed store is already closed??? I still have 10 minutes, nope store is closed!!!

• Ss
    Ssledg09 Aug 20, 2018

This is the worst dollar tree store I've ever been to. They always only have one register open. I guess that's why the customer service is so bad. You never see a Manager. If you look at the store reviews everyone has the same complaint. That's a reflection on Management.

John q Smalls Aug 20, 2018

Your store at 1562 Fulton St. Brooklyn New York is unacceptable if the head of this corporation deem what's on this video acceptable I will be spending my money else where and prompt others to do the same. Please attend to this matter asap, thank you.

• Si
    Sistatazz76 Aug 20, 2018

Today about 20 minutes ago me and my sister went shopping to pick up a couple of items one of your employees whose name I found out is Eliza Hamilton she works on White Lane and South H Bakersfield California actually yelled at us and tried not to serve me she even invited me to her house to come fight. Please review your cameras thank you so much

• Je
    Jessicallaf Aug 20, 2018

The store 00654 is a mess, no food on the shelf, only one cashier working at each shift, lines are backed up. alot of empty aisles everywhere. there is rodents eating the candy bars and all you see is crumbs and the wrappers, not good for us customers to see. it needs help.

Call the Waaaambulance! Sep 24, 2018

@Jessicallaf How do you know rodents are eating food? It could be a bunch of unscrupulous shoppers!

jasmine harris Aug 20, 2018

yesterday me and my mom was at the dollar tree in hazel crest the cashier didnt say next person in line can step over my mom was argueing with customer the cashier name is emari

Marx Bronx Aug 20, 2018

Nasty third world bathroom at this cedar park Texas location on 8-11-18. Check pictures smealing horrible nasty. Mens bathroom pretty bad need to have city inspecting sanitation
    Store 1106
    1335 e Whitestone Blvd. 78613

• Ha
    Hankins39 Aug 20, 2018

Store manager has a nasty attitude besides the fact she's always leaving or is never there. She needs an attitude adjustment. She's very rude and always roll her eyes