Dollar Generalcustomer service

K Jun 29, 2019 Review updated:

Location on 1677 Westchester Dr #162 High Point NC.

Date of incident: 06/29/2019

Me and my mother walked into the store at 8:55pm to get me some much needed allergy medicine and her a few items when we was immediately greeted with (more like yelled at) "you have 3 minutes". Realizing the time and noting it out loud we continued on our way when one of the employees started saying "don't question me" repeatedly. When addressed the employee claimed they weren't talking to us. She then continued to count down the minutes as if we weren't aware of the time now and the other employee began to repeat how she needed to get home to her kid and relieve her babysitter as if we were going to be there for another hour. Me and my mother was out within 2 minutes. We were only able to get the allergy medicine and not the other few items we came for because we were rushed out.

There are correct and incorrect ways to address customers and the way we were addressed was definitely the wrong way. Do not list your store hours as 10:00am to 9:00pm if you don't want a flow of business up until 9:00pm. Rushing customers out of the store is detrimental to the business reputation and customer retention levels.

• Updated by Knon · Jun 29, 2019

Correction:
    Store hours are from 8:00am to 9:00pm.

• Updated by Knon · Jun 30, 2019

As for the closing part, I was addressing what you said not what the employees said. For the rest of your comment refer to my comment on the other post.

• Updated by Knon · Jun 30, 2019

I guess I will post This and be done with the it. Since people can not comprehend what I wrote, the issue was not that I was told the store was about to close. The issue was with how I was told. I never said I wasn’t wrong for going to the store 5 min before closing. I don’t know where that came from. All I said was if you have a business that has listed hours, expect last minute shoppers and know how to deal with them properly.

• Updated by Knon · Jun 30, 2019

Insulting someone does not help you get your point across.

•   Jun 29, 2019

If they stayed later than closing time, then they are written up for keeping the store open longer and collecting overtime. Or they don’t get overtime and work for free.

Next time go earlier so you don’t inconvenience anyone. Or, go the next day to shop. If you needed allergy medicine, drug stores are open until ten or eleven at night. You wanted cheap medicine and didn’t care that the store was closing.

You are selfish and don’t think ahead since you have an allergy but no medicine at home.

•   Jun 30, 2019

Please stop communicating with the world if you can't communicate to begin with.

Your mother should be ashamed of you and herself for your embarrassingly lack of elementary school grammar.

No one needs El crappo allergy meds that badly.

You waltz in at five minutes to closing and you are shocked to be told you have three minutes? Be glad they let you in! Usually they have to close out registers, do closing up procedures and having people in the store creates added insurance probs.

• D
      Jun 30, 2019

@Um is not an answer! do you have any allergies? You can die from serious allergic reaction by not taking allergy pills...Google allergy meds + allergic reaction. The same situation happened to me, except Store Manager yelled loudly "You have 10 minutes"...I said "If you can point me to Garbage Bags and Bandaid aisle, I'll be Gone like a Wind"
    After all it's Dollar store I don't expect Bus. Prof dress codes BUT definitely Bus. Casual (shirt + jeans) is more appropriate than huge brown stains on sweatshirt w/super worn out baggy sweatpants!! Anyone who's worked in retail, good customer service starts from (Up Top aka Business Owners> Regional Mgmt, etc) and staff appears over-worked under-paid and staff shortage.
    Obviously "Al & Um" works for this company. Store hours posted 8am-9pm it means *required by State Law & Consumer Protection Agency" to stay open till 9pm. If store location is in a shopping centre, the store can get Fined for closing early. Store closing procedures = cleaning, putting away items, organizing shelves, sweep/mop the floor / get store ready for next morning; staff should prepare an hr before closing. Technically there is no customers in store @ 8:55pm store has to follow Rules & stay open until 9pm. Close out cash register + debit trans machine when mgmt locks the entrance door, if there are 2-3 customers still shopping in store 9pm, you can let them know "Btw we're closed now, let them know store opens @ 8am come back and shop." Staff can't ask the customers to leave. All company requires to pays store staff extra 20-30 min after business is closed. Gosh it's a No Brainer job cashing out @ dollar store (no offence). I've worked @ Financial Institution, it takes me 10 min to count coins-cash-balance to perfect $0 in 10 min.
    Would you still have a job if consumers stop shopping at this specific location?!?

Jun 30, 2019

@Um is not an answer! The shock came from how I was told. Not from being told but sure. I was glad they let me in because I reeeeaaaaallly did need that medicine and I know all about closing procedures. Anything else?

•   Jun 30, 2019

@Knon What did you expect? You rush in f minutes before closing and not say I'll only be a second.

No one needs El cheapo meds.

Jun 30, 2019

@Um is not an answer! To be addressed as if this was a place of business maybe? But I will definitely do that the next time I rush into a store 5 mins before closing.

• R

You WAS wrong!

@RarelyWrong Sure.

•   Jun 30, 2019

It's not a matter of right or wrong but how her feelings were (was) hurt when they waltzed into a store five minutes before closing. If I do that I say as soon as I arrive that I will only be a minute and then thank them profusely.

Jun 30, 2019

And yet you’re insulting people on a anonymous platform.

@Knon An, genius!

•   Jun 30, 2019

@Knon Us doing a mother's job (of redirecting your behavior) is not insulting. At least, bit insulting to you. If your mother is insulted them she is even more immature than you.

Jun 30, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Thanks?

Jun 30, 2019

@Um is not an answer! Making false assumptions about someone is. You can have a proper discussion without that.

•   Jun 30, 2019

@Knon It's not false assumptions. You told us via how you described the incident how ignorant and rude you were. How oblivious you were to what the rest of the world is going through. You say you know about closing procedures but offered no apology for dashing into a store 5minutes before closing.

•   Jun 30, 2019

The troll is back. It needs attention so posts about hitting its children and parents . Y’all respond and it gets excited.

•   Jul 01, 2019

@SubSquirrel And someone imparticular keeps on lying with the 'stop with the PM's about how your father/mother raped you and to send me dickpicks or whatever!'

•   Jul 02, 2019

That just seems too convenient for me to believe.

•   Jul 01, 2019

A troll and a copycat troll. One letter differential is enough to confuse us. Both are immature twits though one is comical.

SubSquirreI

(Yes, I typed my nickname and it looks the same but it isn’t so watch for imposters. I have the furriest tail)

•   Jul 02, 2019

@SubSquirrel It maybe confused me for a minute but then I double check the account. 0complaints: not the OP.