Dollar GeneralEmployee/customer service

T Jun 14, 2021

I am inquiring about filing a grievance against Dollar General after experiencing the worst encounter with a Dollar General Employee in Clarksville, TN at store #2410 at 8:00 pm on the evening of June 13th 2021. I was extremely distraught following the incident and emailed my dear family friend Stephen Easton who himself own 4 dollar general stores in a different state. He was trying to help me escalate my complaint but we received no response thus far and rather an undeliverable automated message. So I am trying to resend to that email address, and get someone to take my complaint, before I publicly use the resources of social media, and news media outlets to get the attention of Dollar General Corporation, as I hope this employee doesn't represent the values or mission of Dollar General.

An employee kicked myself and my husband out of the store in front of 2 of my sons while we were checking out because I went to grab a salt and pepper on a different isle while she was ringing up the rest of my stuff and she told me I could not add it to the buggy because they were closed. She proceeded to yell at me, totally disregard what I was asking her about getting the last item because I was dropping my son back off at college and he has no job and no other way to get these items. So she then proceeded to close her register by voiding out my transaction and would not let me pay for my items; took my shopping buggy away from me and had me kicked out of the store.

I have shopped at Dollar General my entire adult life and have never been disrespected or treated like this. I asked her to call the police because all I was trying to do was paid for my items but she refused to ring up the rest of my items and snatched my buggy and kicked me out of the store.

I've tried to call the number from the outside of the store to leave a message with somebody at any kind of corporate headquarters but I just would like to know what would be my best course of action?

I now have to do my shopping all over again across the street at Walmart before I can drive back to Nashville and right now I'm just absolutely devastated to have this happen in front of my sons and after getting a buggy of over $175 of items, I have to go find it all somewhere else at this time of evening.

Any help and guidance you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Tondalanéa Scott

• Ke
    KeepinItClassy Jun 18, 2021

even if this wasn’t made up. DG can kick you out of their store if they want. it’s not illegal. nice try though I guess..?

• Mi
    MissMMW Jul 05, 2021

@KeepinItClassy True, they can kick people out just like Wal-Mart

• Ho
    Howard Radford Jun 14, 2021

Dollar General is not a franchised corporation, so when you start off with an obvious lie like that nobody believes a thing you say. There is no chance you have a friend who owns 4 Dollar Generals.

• Mi