Dollar General — cashiers
I was at the Beech Creek Pa Dollar General store on January 18 2020 around 130pm. My fiance and I went in to get a few things. My fiance went up to buy us a pack of cigerettes and then go out to car to smoke and sit with our dog that was in the car. He went up to purchase our cigerettes and his ID was expired, so they would not s ell them to him. He is 47 years old. So he finds me in the store and tells me i need to get them, the cashier wont sell them to him due to expired id. (which has his date of birth on). So i continue to get items needed (around 75$ worth of items) then proceed to checkout and ask cashier for pack of cigerettes and she refuses to sell me cigerettes that i wanted for my personal use, i had my non expired drivers license, and said they were for me, ( I am 54 years old ) She said I was buying them for the young man that she wouldnt sell them to, Wrong they were for me also, told her that and she still continued to argue with me, so i left all my stuff sit and left. You lost a nice sale, and a customer who shops at DG alot
I feel she was wrong in doing this and because of her actions ( and pretty much calling ma a liar) she lost a loyal DG customer.
I would hope something would be done to keep this from happening to another good loyal customer.
More Dollar General Complaints & Reviews
- Dollar General - dress code 
- Dollar General - store hours 
- Dollar General - tired manager 
- Dollar General / Clover Valley / Dolgen Corp. - downsizing product / same price 
- Dollar General Reloadable Visa - never had 70.00 loaded on card and can not get company they say has to load it! 
- Dollar General - customer service 
- Dollar General - store 
- Dollar General - hiring process 
- Dollar General - customer service/one employee working 
- Hilmar Dollar General - former employee