Dollar General Complaints & Reviews

Have a problem? Contact customer service, submit your complaint, find closest location, or read guest reviews below.

Dollar Generaldigital coupons

I am a regular customer at the dollar general store in magnolia, ky. I'm usually in there at least once a week. I downloaded the Dollar General app months ago. I never had any problems with using my coupons until the past few months. Every time I try to use them, it won't work. And all the employees have to say about it is "sorry, there's nothing we can do". I'm tired of it and I can't help but notice that it happens to other people as well. I love going to the dollar store because it's convenient for myself and family, but if this continues, I'll take my business elsewhere.

• Fe
      Fed up with entitled people Oct 14, 2018

The employees do not have control of the digital coupons, they cant get into your account to see anything.. you need to call tech support the number is on the website.

Dollar Generalemployee at dollar general store 01417

I am a frequent customer at the montoursville pa dg.. I go there before work and after work almost everyday. I spend a lot of money at this store.. The other night I came into the montoursville pa store and I was greeted by traci standing in the aisle on her cell phone. She came out of the aisle and said hi and started complaining about her legs and feet hurting blah blah blah.. I went to smell the fall candles and she went to the back room where she was said to kristina and bridget that I was there to spy on her.. Mind you I have complained about this employee before but was always told by the manager jean at the time that she would handle it.. And nothing was ever done cuz once she tried and traci's parents came in with attitude and to avoid confrontation jean tried to handle everything. Well now there is a new manager at this store as jean has retired it is starting all over again.. I assure you I do not go in there to stalk or spy on traci. I go there every morning and get the newspaper and a drink and a snack for work as I work 7 days a week.. And I come after work about 3 or 4 nights a week to grab dog food dog snack or puppy pads or snacks or pedialyte for my patient at work.. I am not sure how this is spying on traci but I am shopping.. I have no desire to spy on her... She is a gossiper and every time you go in there she is talking trash on someone.. I hope you can do something about this issue that has been on going for years now.. Since there is a new manager in the store maybe it will be handled better than it was previously.. Thank you.. Shirley walker

Dollar Generalcashier

Went in to Dollar general on 309 in byhalia Ms. The cashiers name was Valerie and she was very rude. My card came up to had to her and I was told she couldn't do anything on her side she got upset at 6 year old for running to get some gum. And when I ordered my Marlboros she huffed. I asked her if she had a problem she just said she'd had a bad day.

I have worked in retail all my life I am 63 years old I have cashiered, asst manager, and store manager at several different name brand stores and this girl would not make it in one of my stores. Your customers should never see you having a bad day. That is bad customer service

Chris1977 Oct 14, 2018

Everybody has a bad day once in a while. It happens to the best of us. Being a former manager, you should know this.

Dollar General — youth's entering store with backpacks

I emailed Dollar General about a situation that occurred on Oct 3 at the store located on Riverdale Rd...

Dollar GeneralBrand pedialyte

I purchased a bottle of the Dollar General brand Pedialyte last week for my 2 dogs who were a little dehydrated and I noticed tonight there is mold or something floating in the bottle. I have taken pictures of it as well as kept the bottle. I am not happy about this at all considering I gave this to my animals and I have a 5 yr old who drinks it as well.

Brand pedialyte
        Brand pedialyte

• Updated by Christal Jones · Oct 12, 2018

Well just because it's cheap doesn't mean it isn't good. I have used this brand for years and never had a problem. And the expiration date on it isn't till 2020 so it should not be getting mold in it after sitting in the same place every other bottle has been and never had a problem, especially after sitting there for 5 days.

• Re
            Rena Grigsby Sep 16, 2020

I as well purchased a couple of bottles of this at my local Dollar General, , ,
            I am sick as a dog after taking it for a week with my water. Today I noticed it’s full of mold!!
            I’m sick at my stomach and headache going on 2 weeks!! I made an appointment with gastrointestinal dr for 9/28/20. Earliest I can get in, this has made me sick with diarrhea and migraines. !!
            Please Email [protected]@icloud.com

Comments

• Re
            Rena Grigsby Sep 16, 2020

Re Rena Grigsby Sep 16, 2020 Verified customer
            I as well purchased a couple of bottles of this at my local Dollar General, , ,
            Please Email [protected]@icloud.com

Dollar Generalwebsite

My local Dollar General is in need of help. They are short staffed and their hands are tied when it comes to this. Cooperate has yet to fix the company website. No one can apply for the open positions because paper application are obsolete. There has been an uproar due to technical problems not being solved on the website. Please fix the bugs that are causing these errors. I would love to become apart of the Dollar General team but I cannot apply online. I've talked to the manager and general manager about the matter but they have no knowledge other than "the website is down." How long is this going to continue? We need staff. I've contacted every customer service number and stil no luck. This has been going on for WEEKS. This is my final attempt to get this resolved. Please help.

website

Dollar General — bags

I visit your store sometimes 3-4 times per month. On each vist, I spend $30 to $150. I buy several heavy...

Dollar Generalmanager, assistant manager, district manager; poor. management

The employees who work there (Bloomsdale, Mo Dollar General) are always just walking around not stocking. They stand in a group and gossip to eachother. Only the cashiers get yelled at. The assistant manager and store manager are always in the back talking or outside on their phones smoking. When the cashiers call them for help the managers never come until the cashier has to track them down because the store manager is always on the phone talking instead of listening for her employee. The managers never come up to the front of the store to help dial back the huge line. The cashier is forced to clean up after the employees, stock, help customers find things, and check people out all while the manager just stands in the back. I personally know one of the cashiers and she is a hard worker and gets treated poorly by the managers. She was even forced to go to work when she had a legitimate doctors excuse because she hurt her back. The next week the assistant manager had a doctors excuse and stayed home for a week. How come the cashier had to work when hurt, but the assistant manager did not? How come the managers are allowed on their phones and the cashiers get in trouble for listening to music? How come the managers get to leave whenever they want and get to have days off they want, but the cashiers are not?
            Also, that store is a mess. There are boxes everywhere which I could fall over and hurt myself. The shelves are either over crowded or not stocked at all. I can see behind the counter is a mess as well. The cashiers could also fall and hurt themselves. They have products scattered everywhere outside which looks hideous. What happened to this store being one of the best Dollar Generals around? It isn't anymore. I blame management.

Dollar General — coupon redemption

I recently shopped at a Dollar General on Saturday October 6, 2018. I have downloaded the app which i...

Sayre

Dollar General — visual

Store is continually trashed along with sidewalks outside . Cigarette butts and trash surround the area...

Pleasant View

Dollar Generaleverything

Today (10/10/2018 about 12pm) We took a trip to our closest dollar store here in Savannah (11975 Apache Ave, Savannah, GA 31419)
              First of all, the smell. This store smells disgusting every time we go inside. It's completely run down.
              The cashier's on duty are a mother and daughter which sat the whole time at the register gossiping about customers coming in and being "in their business"
              There's not much on the shelves because it's all in boxes taking up isles we couldn't even walk through.
              There was an African American man buying cigars and he did not have his ID when asked but the sale was still made (which we are also reporting)
              The outside of the store is disgusting and dirty, an attraction for the homeless for sure!!! A store like this does not belong in Savannah by any means!! We will be reporting all of this to the city inspectors as well because clearly this store is only concerned about the money they rack in rather than the overall customer experience. There is so much mess outside of this store we even saw needles probably used for drugs by the front door!!!

Dollar Generalmcmechen wv dollar general

McMechen WV is thankful for having a Dollar General so close however when we go into the store we can not get through the aisles with carts because there are constantly boxes piled up that contains products that needs to be put away and there is stuff laying on the floors causing a risk for people of falling. The employees in this store are constantly outside smoking or working on their cars. A customer in front of me said something to the employee about all of the stuff laying around and the response from the employee was "well, if we can reduce the hours of the store maybe we can get some stuff done". Not a good response. If the employees would stay inside the store and actually work maybe they could get stuff done. There are a lot of elderly people who use this store and someone is going to fall with all of the stuff laying around and Dollar General is going to end up with a law suit when they get hurt. Someone from corporate may want to look into this location ASAP.

Dollar Generalcleanliness

So, 4 years ago We moved in to a neighborhood with the dollar general store that was nice and clean. The staff were very helpful and polite. When you walked in younwere greeted with a warm welcome and a great big smile. Then one day we noticed unfamiliar faces working on the register.

These new faces were not friendly, if anything they are rude and make you feel unwelcomed. New management has taken over and unfortunately not for the better.

Dollar Generalcoupons

I went to the Oregon ohio store this evening to pick up a couple of things. While I was there I saw that there was a $2 off $8 off glad purchase that should have printed on the bottom of my receipt. So I picked up 1 wax melt and 2 candles for a total of $9. This should have qualified me for the $2 Coupon but it did not print on my receipt. These items were not my intent to purchase, but purchased to get the $2 off. Needless to say I am upset that it didn't print, if I had known it was an issue or misprint in store, I would not have gotten these 3 items. They were an impulse because of the coupon. I hope that you guys correct this problem, or you are going to have some irrate shoppers.

Unhappy shopper
                    Grannieof13

Dollar Generalthe retail environment

I think I know of a way to not only boost sales and have extra help at these retail stores, not just Dollar General but Family Dollar, Dollar Tree, and others. I know most of these stores operate having just 2 employees working at a time. Usually the manager who works the floor and 1 cashier who checks out the customers. Having only 1 register open at a busy store is very detrimental to business and causes customers to leave. At the corporate level if they look at sales and see only 1 register being run, that's the reason why these stores have very few hours to get things done. Having 2 registers running, the way these stores are ran, does diminish the amount of work is done. However by having 2 registers going, regardless of what the sales are, would increase customer satisfaction because of less wait time. At the corporate level, seeing 2 registers running almost continously would suggest that these stores are busy enough to give them additional hours to be able to have 2 or more registers open and have at least 3+ people working at a time. Bottom line is this, stop the practice of just using ONE register to accomplish things.

Dollar Generalgrand opening

I am representing the citizen of Tutwiler, Mississippi. We got our invitation to Dollar General grand opening late our coupons were already expired on September 29, 2018.We went this past Saturday to the store in Tutwiler, Mississippi.
                        October 6, 2018 and the lady told several of us the grand opening was the past Saturday September29, 2018 it was whoever delivered the card with the announcement of the grand opening this weekend and the expired coupons on the card that was at fault.

Dollar Generalmanagement

Manager at location damaged my vehicle by jumping on and kicking my vehicle. Ran out of the store and immediately jumped onto my hood and kicked out my front headlight all because he believed a passenger in my vehicle night have been stealing from his store. Whether that person is guilty or not of said such alleged act is not for him to hold anyone else or their property liable. I am will be pursuing into civil matters.
                          This particular manager needs to be advised of and updated on any revisions that may be located in this employees standard SOP for proper procedures on suspected shop lifters. As well as any advisement for the Manager in understanding their own safety in matters of situations such as this.

Dollar General — the manager of dollar general on deans bridge road in augusta georgia

This particular Dollar General has a sign up saying store closing anytime in the past that I've went into the...

Dollar General — 1898 almaville rd location

I and the people of this community were very happy to get a Dollar General store so convienent to us. Now, we...

Dollar General — posted sales

I went shopping at one dollar general on highway 67 in Biloxi ms and got some great deals. Several sizes I...