Dollar General Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

Have a problem? Contact customer service, submit your complaint, find closest location, or read guest reviews below.

Dollar Generalmanager

I did an application online and was called for an interview. I went in for the interview and was told when my background came back I could start. This was by the assistant manager Taylor. The real manager Paige Johnson was out on leave. So i never heard anything else. When i asked the employees about it they told me they were still waiting on the background check. 3 weeks later. In the meantime Paige (the manager) comes back to work. An employee Kristy Baker of Dollar General calls my daughter and says Paige is coming back and i probably dont want to take that job cause there wont be ant hours. For some reason Paige does not like me. I firmly believe she is the reason I was never called back. They have hired a few people since then, but I still am waiting on a response from Taylor about my employment. I feel like I was not given a chance for employment because of some issues Paige obviously has with me. They called me 2 times the day of my interview to make sure I was still coming for it and then this... So i leave you with this... Its really sad when people cant get a job in a small town dollar general because the manager has her "click" My name is Mary Ann Smith. The store is Dollar General in Sardis Ga. Paige is not a friendly person anyway. The same employee who spoke to my daughter also told me herself "Paige came back on a high horse thats to high for her". She has a nasty attitude and clearly does not like her job. [protected]

Sincerly,
Mary Ann Smith
(pissed off customer)

2 Responses
      Howard Radford Aug 06, 2021

Assistant managers do not interview applicants. Sounds like the Assistant manager played a ruse on you, or you mistook a simple conversation as an actual interview.

• Go
      gorgeor Aug 06, 2021

Clearly the reason they did not hire you is because of your personality and attitude.

Dollar GeneralCar repair

My car was hit in the dollar general parking lot by the dollar general semi truck on july 23 2021.
    I have police report and photos.
    I have emailed them to [protected]@ dollar general.Com
    they said i was on high priority
    i have called [protected] almost every day, im told the transportaion service dept and managers have " no " phone number only "emails"
    for 2 weeks i have gotten brushed off and the run around

for such a "huge" company this is unacceptable
    my car should be fixed by now

marilyn grimes
    [protected]

Howard Radford Aug 06, 2021

Dollar General really don't handle these situations. The trucking company ex. Werner, American Express etc. is responsible for this situation. You probably exchanged insurance information with the driver at the time of the incident. Use that information to get in contact with the correct people.

Dollar GeneralTrash

Dollar General just built a new store right next to my home in a very small community in Oklahoma. Between the city and myself demanding, they built a fence separating our properties in order to stop trash from coming onto my property from Dollar General. The fence stops the big trash but the store now hires someone to do their mowing for them and he does not pick up trash prior to mowing! The person mowing just mows over the trash on the Dollar General property blowing it under the fence onto my property! I am not happy about trash being blown under the fence littering my yard!

Howard Radford Aug 06, 2021

Unfortunately you were not specific enough with you demands. You only required that they build a fence to stop trash from blowing on your lawn. You probably should have also specified that trash be picked up before mowing, but since you didn't do so at the time you are kind of outta luck. You never demanded that the fence be successfully in blocking all trash.

Aug 04, 2021

Dollar General — Overhead music

Upon entering Dollar General store at 505 Masters street Corbin KY 40701 at 4:35 pm, rap music was blasting...

Dollar GeneralPoor service

I put in a pickup order to be picked up between 3:00 and 4:00. It's 4:15 and the order is not ready. The associate was so rude to me and told me the store was out of stock of the items in my order. I walked around the store and all the items are available. I am on a time restraint and can't wait which is why I chose pickup. I also refuse to tolerate being treated this way.
        Dollar General, do better

Dollar GeneralParking lot

The store at 2520 Rockford Lane 40216 has a large hole at the turn in that needs to be fixed. I busted my tire when I turned in to the parking lot. This hole has been in this spot for awhile. Being at least three months. It has grown to be a lot deeper and bigger. I really don't think I am the first one to drop in this crater. Could you please have someone look at this as soon as possible. Or at least set up caution signs

Parking lot
          Parking lot

Howard Radford Aug 03, 2021

That damage is from scrapping a curb, not hitting a pothole. Pothole tire damage may snap a steel belt and make a dogleg on the tire tread, but would not produce this sidewall damage.

Aug 03, 2021

Dollar General — Wrongful termination

On 08-02-2021 my new store manager allyssa e came into the store at 12:30pm and called me outside and nice...

Sterling
            Jul 28, 2021

Dollar General — New store manager

I just left the dollar general in east fort Myers on palm beach Blvd. There was an error in price on an item...

Jul 28, 2021

Dollar General — Trash/dumpster area

I contacted Dollar General several days ago regarding the Dollar General www.dollargeneral.com 208 Morehead...

Jul 26, 2021

Dollar General — Ladder shelf teared [protected] - 205

Every shelf has busted corners, missing screw, holes won't line up! This shelf is literally garbage...

Wardensville
            Jul 23, 2021

Dollar General — Heartland farms triple flavor kabobs dog treats

I started buying heartland treats because they were made in the USA. Then I recently bought a bag of the...

Dollar GeneralDelivery trucks

On several occasions, we have experienced inconsiderate truck drivers with regards to location of parked truck. Twice now, one trucker in particular, blocks the entire southeast entrance to the store. Customers have to drive out onto the highway and enter from the other end of the store. This blocks the entire parking lot by the back door where he unloads the merchandise. There is ample room for him to scoot over into one entire line of parking spaces that would leave enough room for local patrons to enter from the east side of the building and onto the front of the store. This is in Collinsville, Texas. The truck number is 11465 and on the door is 76532. The Dollar General logo is on the trailer and the truck is Werner Enterprises.
            The first time it happened, I thought he must just be a new driver and didn't know exactly where to park. He obviously has no regard for others and their needs.

Dollar GeneralBroken crackers - always broken crackers

I shop in the Washington Kansas Dollar General Store. When I buy crackers there they are always broken, ALWAYS. They buy the factory rejects and pawn them off as firsts. They dairy case is always empty, shelves are always out or low on stock. They local people are great, it's the corporate scum that never sends any products to the store and pawns off rejects on unsuspecting customers. I but crackers at HyV, Dillons, the local grocery store and they are fine, no broken crackers if bought there, only place where the broken crackers are is at Dollar General. What a shame that the corporate scum that runs Dollar General is running the company in the ground. We hate you corporate America!

Jul 22, 2021

Dollar General — Ben and Jerry's Products

This morning I learned that Ben and Jerry's has boycotted selling in Israel. You sell their products! I will...

Jul 21, 2021

Dollar General — I am tired of going to the store and can't use my debit card.

This store at Raccoon, ky was the best store in the Pike County area. The shelves are not stocked like there...

Dollar Generalbeing followed

In regards to store# 09705, fl. As a customer of color, I do not appreciate being followed around the store by Nancy, I have my own business and have never stolen anything in my life, it is particularly embarrassing when I have to explain to my daughter why this woman is following us. I have complained to this company before but they do not seem to care, so I just stopped shopping there.

3 Responses
                  • Je
                    jeffrey4all Jul 27, 2021

People who do not have to shop while being black do not understand what it feels like to be
                    followed all the time. Speaking out about the experience is nothing to be ashamed of, trying to
                    quiet them is.

KeepinItClassy Jul 27, 2021

@jeffrey4all an employee doing their job is nothing to be ashamed of either. they can’t simply say it’s because they’re a “person of color”. thsys simply not fair to say. the reality is the employees are allowed to follow whoever they want inside the store. if that is even what they were doing. shame on you as well for overlooking this.

KeepinItClassy Jul 24, 2021

well they are employees of that store who don’t get paid much people do steal from them. and I’m sure that they would be offended and absolutely disgusted with you assuming that it’s because of the color of your skin. I know I would be offended. shame on you for this.

Jul 14, 2021

Dollar General — Unreal

I just seen on facebook you made in charge of a store a person that I seen and walked by her Jeep smoking pot...

Medina

Dollar GeneralShopping Carts

I spend 3-4 hundred dollars a month in your stores in lake city. Now I spend $20. No shopping carts. Mgrs. in lake city fla advised me they get stolen so they won't replace them. I won't shop there anymore as I can't fit $200 worth of items in your hand baskets. You losing your carts is not the customers problem it is yours. Losing your customers over it is also your problem. With so many other shopping choices. Your former customers don't have any problems. They spend their money elsewhere.

2 Responses
                      KeepinItClassy Jul 24, 2021

managers can order them. if they don’t come in then it’s a supply issue.

Howard Radford Jul 13, 2021

Sure losing the carts is the stores problem but it's a problem with no solution or the only solution is to only serve customers who don't need a shopping cart. Best business decision would be to discontinue shopping carts and only serve customers who don't need them. You seem to think everyone is like you probably because you are such a narcissist you can't include anyone else's opinion.

Dollar GeneralK0549 spray bottle

I bought 2 spray bottles made in China, 1 broke with 1st use & the other one works, both made with cheap material. Am getting a refund on the broken one. Problem lies in cheap material and cheap labor in China. Not wise to do business with China, business with USA is wiser, with material that is not cheap. Its worth paying more in supporting the American people and knowing it's Made in the USA! Please reconsider doing business with China!! Making more money is not the answer. Having a reputation for quality and long lasting products will get businesses farther.

K0549 spray bottle
                    K0549 spray bottle

KeepinItClassy Jul 24, 2021

I absolutely agree with you. however it’s a little hypocritical that you purchased it even though you’re protesting against it.

Dollar GeneralInconvenient

Low on stock, prices not marked, bathroom always out of order and never any cash back! Most shelves are bare, I have to ask them to check a price, employees are for most part polite and tell me to call and complain to manger about the getting bathrooms fixed and keeping such low cash in registers. For the only convenient store in that area it's quite inconvenient. Never a manger on-site! Just hear say but in passing I was told by a friend that when they saw the manger she looked like she was under the influence of something. Thank you