Menu

DISH Network  -  Programming was misrepresented

R
Author of the complaint
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I Initiated service with dish network 4/28/22. I specifically asked for channel content and was told assuredly DN does offer Hallmark Channels (3) which are our favorite. Once the service was installed... it became immediately clear the Hallmark channels (only 2) primarily run 30-40 yr old reruns of sitcom shows with only a few HMark movies during the day on 1 channel. As of 7 pm this 1 channel only has 30-40 yr old reruns (the other channel 24/7 has reruns only). Clearly the channel content was misrepresented. I have spent the last 5 days trying to resolve this issue with the company being unable to change the channel's offerings. I have asked to cancel the service but they state I will be charged a $ 400+ early termination fee. They stated I would need to wait 7-10 days for them to review my initiating call in which I clearly stated Hallmark movies were our preference. The problem is... they do offer HM channels... but the content is 90% 30-40 yr old reruns. This is fraudulent from my perspective and I didn't watch those shows 30 yrs ago and don't want to watch them now.

2 other companies I have reviewed over the last 4 days clearly have HM movies during the day and during prime time till 10 pm at which time the channels carry these same reruns... (fine with me... we don't watch tv late at night).

I feel this is so unprofessional for Dish Network to not adequately resolve this issue by letting me switch to another company because they DON'T have the content on HM channels I asked for... and no way to change this issue and... I will be charged a $ 400+ early termination fee...

More DISH Network complaints & reviews

DISH Network - As a former employee let me tell you
DISH Network - false advertising, wrong billing, poor customer service
DISH Network - Dish network receiver equipment scam!!!
DISH Network - dish network pay per view fraudulent charges