Dish Networkcrappy service

It started with customer service out and out lying to us about what channels we would receive if we signed up. We found we had no choice but to upgrade once the service was installed to recieive the acceptable minimum channels.
Every single bill that we have received has been wrong. We always have to call and go through their terrible, incompetent customer service department to correct each bill. One of the bills we received was entirely in spanish.
Every time we find it NECESSARY to upload the Guide, we lose our service completely.
We hate Dish TV and are now stuck with it for 2 years unless we're able to pay $300.00 for cancellation. DO NOT GET DISH TV >>

• Ho
    HowiesT Jun 22, 2009

Ok, so I live in a remote area. I was scheduled for an appt on Saturday they said someone must be home and between noon and 5 for the installation to take place. I gave the person I was talking to when making the appt directions, they did not say where the installer would be coming from ~ silly me, I thought they would be from the area. I told the person on the phone the directions and made sure she understood I have no cell service at my house unless I stand in a tiny spot in the yard, my home phone had not been scheduled to be on until Tuesday.
    I run to the grocery store early Saturday morning, eager to finally have tv to watch in the evening. I stay home all day 1 comes, 3 comes, 5 comes ~ NO ONE. I go out to the tiny spot in my yard and call them, they tell me they are sorry but the installer couldnt find the house so we would have to reschedule. Not real impressed by this point after spending a whole day in the house patiently waiting. We set up an appt for Monday, this time we are going to try again from 8 am until Noon. Ok, 9 am the installer calls and is ready to meet.
    I get to the house, he informs me he is in a hurry and would need to be quick about the install. I by this point dont care how long it takes or doesnt take just that it gets finished. He wanted to know if I had a man in the house, because to "save" some time he would just run the line from one side of the room to the other instead of crawling under the house ~ WTF? ah NO... So, not happy with me by this point he crawls under the house and installs the dish. Now, after all this waiting and all the calls and the being put on hold, I finally have the dish up.. BUT, (you had to know there was going to be a but in there) there weren't any channels, Nope cant get channels on the dish until they mail me a new smart card. What is up with this? Had I already of had so much time invested in this I would have told this people to stick it up their butts... I hate dish, and I just wanna watch the channels I have already paid for.

• Fm
    fmoore Oct 13, 2009

Dish network is run by people who are ###s. They lie when the truth would be much better. They're call center is a bunch of rug makers that can't even speak the king's english. Getting the run-a-round in a 24hr. period, I'm ready to shove this dish box where the sun doesn't shine...my advice to people ...DO NOT USE DISH NETWORK SERVICES.

• Da
    david radnot May 12, 2011

Try paying the bill in full for a few months before the due date and you will see that their billing system works just fine.