DirecTVphone, tv, internet bundle

I received a phone call from someone said his name was Steven at phone number
845 883-8727 ext 4019. He was calling to tell me i could get a $45.00 per month promotional discount for 24 months. At the end he said there would be a $99.00 charge to activate this promotion. I assume this was a scam--please let me know. If you charge me this $99.00 I will refuse to pay it and will discontinue my account with direct tv. My email is [protected]@yahoo.com. Looking for your response.

Lu
Sep 18, 2019

Comments

• Ol
      Sep 19, 2019

I will have to differentiate between DirecTv and AT&T DirecTv. We have had DirecTv satellite service for almost 20 years. Our experience has been OK. Since AT&T bought them out AT&T has been offering DirecTv over internet. They also changed our home phone and internet service to a VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol). Recently our AT&T Gateway Internet interface died (on a Friday!). After an hour (literally) I finally got to a human who could schedule a repair - for the following WEDNESDAY! They ordered a new Gateway for us to be delivered by the next Monday. That meant that we were without internet, home phone (which communicates with our alarm company), and Verizon cell service ( since we require a signal booster that requires an internet connection). My wife and I are in our mid-70’s and we live in a rural area, so that’s a big deal! The one thing that DID still work was our DirecTv satellite service. All this was particularly painful for me because I had a twenty five year career as a manufacturing process engineer with AT&T. At this point there’s not much we can do. AT&T installed the buried cable to our house so I guess we’re pretty much stuck with them.