Having problems with DirecTV?

+1 800 531 5000 (Customer Service)
2230 E Imperial Hwy
Sat8:00 AM - 12:00 AM
Sun8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

Complaints & Reviews

DirectTVcustomer service

had DT moved to a new address cost 99 dollars the guy come said it would be about a week he would come back and finish after the electric had checked for underground cables well they came he never came back still on ground and got a bill for 140 installation which was never completed and then sent another bill for 140 for same thing then they shut my service off .nothing but problems from customer service very rude .

• Updated by aepurl1219 · Apr 18, 2017

Direct TVpayments

I have been charged $44.95 since getting Direct TV in August of 2015 for sports channel. I purchased Direct TV at Best Buy and made it clear I do not watch football. I did not ask for it and don't want it but was still charged. I want it removed and compensation for all the payments. I am sure Direct TV is capable of reviewing what channels are watched, I have never watched a football game since the install. I'm really upset about this. seems there is no freebees for being a long time customer the monthly bills get higher instead of lower..

DirecTVcustomer service

When I moved here on April1 I had set up to have my direct tv installed April 5 when I called to confirm it was changed no reason why after a number of calls on April 5 a supervisor was rude and hung up I was all so told I would get two months of service at no charge that didn't happen either it amazing how good they use to be know directv has gone to #### when I got the bill today I called there was record of it no surprise this is a list of calls 4-3-17 supervisor hung up rude customer service 4-4-17 was told because of my bad service one month free service 4-5-17 no show for install was told change to [protected] not given a reason why changed 4-7-17 called for early install told reason for change not enough installer sent you a text no text received 4-8-17 called was told no early install would give me another month free service never happen finally installed 4-12-17 called about bill was told no record of calls no surprise

DirecTVcustomer rep chris.

On 04/05/2017 I received my final bill from disconnecting my Direct TV well on 04/07/2017 Direct TV withdrew the full amount of 279.85$. I have not had Direct TV on auto pay but I called and spoke with your customer service on this matter due to the amount of withdraw and the time frame was not fitted I pay my bills but not having a notice and withdrawing the full amount and being on a fixed income now has put my family into a financial bind. So as i spoke with the rep she informed me the funds would be refunded and this way I could pay my auto loan and pay as much as I could to Direct TV well as of 04/14/2017 i received a call from another rep Chris who she informed me the funds would not be refunded to the account and was very rude not allowing others to speak. I then informed Chris i would love to speak to her supervisor she informed me that was not going to happen for she was the manager. Ms. Chris employee number is 906512. So what Direct TV has done is now from gone from saying we will refund the money to no we will not is not only lye to a clientele base but could now not only affect to a person but is now going to never get a positive review from this customer. And will be not getting any kind of good reviews from this home and I will for sure not recommended Direct TV i used to recommend you all but after this incident I would never ever recommend Direct TV. You have lye and committed fraud. You should never tell people we will refund the funds and then back door and say oh we are not going to do this. Cause it is in your contract clause. I see how your customer service is now and how much you as a corporate appreciate your customers is enough to lye to them boldly then to retract there statements. And to be told there is no other higher supervisors or managers to speak with is just utter crap. I am disputing this with my bank but I am physically sickened that you as a corporate would lye to your customers.

Direct TV/ AT&T — customer service

I have had Direct TV for over 15 years and had very little problems. But when AT&T took over the company the...

Directv Billing Departmentfragili stealing money

Hello my name is DaVita Hopkins and I'm violin and complain against DirecTV fortunately withdrawing money out of my account torrent services that I supposedly had used. With this being said I have not been a customer with DirecTV sense November of last year. However here it is the month of April of 2017 I was billed $437 first something I did not do call service I no longer have since I am not a customer how is it that's you could use my card information that was on file but I am no longer a customer this is fraudulent activity on their behalf. I wish I never had DirecTV service they are refusing return money so my bank.

DirecTVall at&t products

I regretfully signed up for Direct TV service in February 2016 I was told my bill would be the same for 24 months. I just got my new bill to find out $42 worth of promotions had fallen off my bill. I guess it was the wonderful bait-and-switch great job Direct TV & AT&T. I Have 3 phone lines, TV service & ddigital life security with you. Looks like I'm going back to ADT, Comcast & T-Mobile. Gave you a chance to redeem yourselves. I wasn't asking for anything for free just what I was promised for 24 months. What did you offer me? Lol $ 15 a month and a chance to read the fine print in your misleading contract. Sorry I was raised say what you mean and mean what you say. And not to hide lies in the fine print and be misleading.

DirecTVregional sports fee

I have Directv since 2007. Only since the beginning of 2017, I am charged with a Regional Sports fee on top of the Sports Pack of $13.99.

I called three times about the charge and I was told that it is not fair to the other customers and this charge is supposed to level the field and make it fair to everybody. In my opinion, the premium channels costs should be all included into the $13.99 cost that was advertised on the website. There should not be an additional cost to the premium cost.

I believe that this practice is designed to nickel and dime the consumer. People that opt for other Premium channels do not have to pay additional fees on top of the premium charge.

I asked for the charge to be remove and to remove the regional sports since I am not watching them. I am only watching the national sport channel, BeInSports. For this channel, no region fee is needed.

Direct TVwhy was I given false information about a rebates card?

01/29/2017
                [protected]
                I signed on to DIRECT TV in the last week of January. When I signed on, I was promised a $300 rebate card. She said to give it a week and then start checking. I did so and there was no information on it. I did several online chats with representatives and was promised that the card would be coming. Last week, 03/29/2017, I spoke to yet another representative. She told me that the reason there was no card is because I wasn't eligible for the $300. She said I was eligible for the $200. Give it a week and there would be information. So, I called today and was told that I was NEVER eligible to receive a card and that none was coming. He was so sorry for the 'misinformation.' I told him that it wasn't misinformation, it was a flat out lie that I was told no less than 5 times by every representative that I spoke to. I have been an ATT customer for years and my daughter even worked for them. I can't believe that they openly lied to me like this. What a horrible way to do business.

DirecTVmy directv bill

Iam only suppose to be getting charged 60 for my DirecTV and I'm being charged 82.29 and the sports package is suppose to be included in my plane. I was a new customer a d online it says I'll be charged 60.00 a month there saying my bill is 160.71 when my bill should only be 110.71. I also tried making a $60 payment and they denied it. I talked to monica from customer service and she said all I should owe is 110.71 and my bill after that will be 60.71 including tax each other month after I pay the 110.71. for feb-marcg my bill should be 50 and march-april it should be 60 not 82.28. please fix this as soon as possible thank you.

• Se
                      Sean who does not Care May 01, 2017

I too am in the same boat. DirecTV is charging me more than promised according to contract. I have notified the BBB. I would strongly suggest you do the same if you have not done so already. I want nothing more to do with AT&T Cellular either since it was an AT&T rep that promised me that DirecTV was so much better since they took over. It is the same old crap. I wished I had stayed with Dish, at least they did not lie about their crap. Still expensive, but not liars to boot! So hopefully will be with Dish this time next week and T-Mobile as well. I am so done with this crap.

DirecTVvery pissed off customer

I called to cancel after 11 years of being a loyal customer, the reason why because I have been getting charged 4.25 to 5.00 every month(as far as I went 6months back)They charging me a federal cost recovery charge&a regional sports fee.Ive never been late I Waited 20 mins on the phone while listening to other ppl credut card info an details of other ppls calls until finally seen&hung upon with a women who said "who laid this down"when I finally got through again the lady was rude, unprofessional and I told her I've never been late on any of my bills an she said mam your bills was due 30th and we received it on the 8th..And I said well I can't help what happens when it leaves my hand don't I have like a 10 days grace period and she informed me that no one has a ten day grace period that they done away with that 2 years ago..Well after 11 years of sending you 129 an since you've charged me 5.00 prolly for 11 years for being 2 -5 days late.You can shove it and I will make complaint after complaint and I have my checks to what date was on every one of them THATS BS!! Oh and while I was on the phone waiting and listening to everybody else's details of there package an their very important credit card info that was recorded you should really go back and listen..Its all there plain as day now I wonder how many has just set an listened while jotting down numbers?!..I WOULDNT RECOMMEND YOU ALL TO NOONE!In fact SHENTEL GAVE ME TV, INTERNET, and phone service 103 a month!!! HOW AWESOME IS THAT!!!JUST TO LET YOU KNOW IVE NEVER NOT PAID MY BILLS 11 yrs that I've been with Directtv not even close...;)

DirecTVI want my money back or my services restored immediately

I made a payment this morning online and it said system error so i called and made payment on the automated phone center it said payment processed service will be restored. I waited a bit and nothing so i called back and the lady i spoke with tells me my payment was rejected by my bank so we called my bank and they inform me they have deducted the 212.36 from my bank account as soon as i submitted the payment and they even have a confirmation number they gave me where they sent it to directtv! i was on chat with a shaquana or something and she insinuates that im stupid and dont know how to use the online services, but keep in mind i use the online services every single month, i guess its possible that i went stipid this morning dealing with their very rude customer service! I WANT MY MONEY BACK NOW!!!

I want my money back or my services restored immediately

• Updated by KSPeterson · Mar 24, 2017

I received an email snapshot of what my bill was going to be in January. My bill was way too expensive so I called and reduced my package. I was told that the January bill would be approximately $107 plus tax and every month after would be $73 plus tax. It actually ended up being $117.76 because there was a disconnection fee of $10. Fine. I was enrolled in autopay at that time so of course DirecTV received the $117.76 from my account. February rolls around and there is now a balance due of $15.14. I call customer service and get someone from the Phillipines and explain my problem. They don't understand so I ask to speak to the supervisor. The supervisor was very polite and says he understands my problem and fixes. He gives me a $15.14 credit. I decide to remove myself from autopay at this time. Fine, whew, we finally got this resolved. Wrong! Received my bill for March and there is now a balance due of $16.87. I have called 3 days in a row trying to reach someone in the United States so there would be no language barrier. Not once did I! I spoke to Justin (a supervisor) in the Phillipines and he was very rude and apparently he doesn't have a supervisor because he would not provide a name or transfer me to that person.

DirecTVcustomer service

I called on 3-13-17 and spoke with Leo to get a price on a bundle package. He quoted me $117.81. I called back again on 3-16-17 to have the services added that I didn't already have and Shay advised me of all the installation fees, I advised her that Leo never spoke of any installation fees when I called on 3-13-17. So I advised her to forget adding anything. I waited about 15 mins. called back and spoke with Porsche she advised me there would be no installation fees for anything. So I had her to add internet and home phone to my bill to get a bundle package. Total was going to be $117.81 a month. I told her that was fine, so she scheduled 2 work orders. 1 for internet and phone and 1 with Directv because I wanted to add a receiver to another room. Well today was the day for the installation to be done. Well this heffer never made a work order for the Directv to be installed in the other room. So here I am sitting with no tv to watch until Saturday. That is just bs. I went around the world for 3 hours trying to get to the bottom of what she did to my account. She needs more training to do her job right the first time. And when I do get my first bill and I have charges on there that shouldn't be on there...best believe I will be calling and blessing someone out. This is the worst customer service I have experienced with any company and I have been with Directv since 2010. Get your ### together and do your jobs correctly.

Mahdi95 Mar 24, 2017

Hi my name is Mahdi Chowdhury, yesterday afternoon I sow add DirecTV on internet then I spoke to one of the agent she offer me 191 channel which is $50 but she Will give me if I switch me cell phone to at&t the I asked her . how much will be monthly charge for cell phone service then she asked me how much I am paying for my cell phone now I told hire $35 then she told me at&t will be $40 but I will get $5 discount because I am taking bundle service when I was talking to her I check at&t online and I told here I don't see any dell like $40 plane then she told me I can not see its only there website I was not trusting her then another one took over and she told me she is super visor and she told me her name is Rose M and I asked supervisor all of this question and she told me every thing is right then I told her heard to believe it then she told me every thing is recoded I don't need to worry about it. then I give here my #SS and card number after that I call and I found out she l was misleading me all so she was telling me I will get iphone7 for free its come with unlimited talk text and data because I am getting two years contract with Directv and at&t when I was taking to at&t represented I asked her about the deal how much I am paying for month she told me I am paying $60 then I told at&t representative I was told by Directv representative $40 month but I will get $5 discount every mon then at&t representative it was wrong not true, after that I call and I was transfer one department to another department I expend my three hour to find out what going to my order it was a terrible experience for me, she (Rose) lye simply because she want to sale the deal, please fill free to contract with me either phone or email, I am looking forward to her from you. thanks

Its took more then three hour to cancel my order.

My original order # or account # was [protected]

My cancel #[protected]

DirecTVdirectv service

Directv has awful service. I have been with them for several years. Recently (About the last 7 months) the service has been horrible. I called in sept 2016 to cancel service they talked me into staying promising to resolve the problem. Fastforward 7 months I still have the same problems and a high bill on top of it. I asked to cancel several times and was discouraged because of the cancellation fee. Now with what they have charged me I could have payed the cancellation fee and still be ahead. They promised that if I allowed them to fix the problem and it still could not be fixed they would waive all the charges on my account. I allowed a tech to come out, he did not fix the problem and they are not keeping their promise. I want a refund credited to my account for $320.79

Direct TVsistema de televisión por directv

Hola mi nombre es martin bareño mi no. De cta es 3506312 me siento un poco preocupado por la situación que estoy pasando con ustedes por culpa de att en sept..de 2016 me brindaron un paquete de 3 servicios que eran teléfono, internet y televisión por una cantidad de 76 usd porque según ellos yo estaba pagando mucho de teléfono en el negocio donde trabajo lo acepte pero nunca bajo el recibo de telefono e internet después yo estuve en comunicación como dos meses con att para decirles que si que pasaba que no estaban respetando el acuerdo que habíamos hecho a lo que me contestaron que ellos no reconocían ese contrato que era falso y no me respetaron el precio entonces les dije si no me van a respetar lo acordado entonces recojan el aparato de direc tv porque yo tengo un contrato de dos años con Dish y ellos después de hablar con supervisores y jefes llegaron al acuerdo de la cancelación total del dicho contrato me mandaron una caja para que les enviará lo de direc tv y el mismo día se los envié ellos me dijeron que se rompía el contrato porque ellos no reconocían a la persona que me levanto la orden y que no iba a tener ningún cobro ni por ATT y DIREC TV que ellos ya habían hablado a directv y no había ningún problema pero esto no fue así porque ATT no me cobra nada pero DIREC TV así me está cobrando y no comprendo porque si fue un contrato de tres servicios no de uno y ATT me los vendió no entiendo porque DIREC TV me sigue cobrando y yo estoy preocupado porque no tengo dinero para pagar esa cantidad y no quiero ir al buró de crédito por un error que no fue mío les agradezco la atención que le pongan al presente de antemano sin más por el momento me despido de ustedes esperando pronta respuesta al presente gracias. Atte. Martín Bareño

DirecTVrefund

I have been a directv customer since january 2010. I have paid my bill in time every month even when it was $300.00 and more. I eventually had combined billing with at&t. My bill was always between $275-$400 a month with combined billing. I would pay the invoice amount on time every month.in august 2016 I called to try to get my bill lowered and I was told that yes they could lower my bill and give me new genie boxes with a $100 gift card. I received my new boxes and the gift card. I noticed my bill had not gone down in october 2016 and I called again. I was told that I had two open accounts. The person I spoke with in august opened a new account for me without telling me or getting my permission. I continued to pay my bill on time monthly.in november 2016 I paid $700. I received a disconnection notice for non payment. I called and was on the phone for three hours trying to rectify the situation. On january 30, 2017 I received ten emails from directv stating that they were going to refund me different amounts totaling $507.00. I also received an invoice from directv stating the same thing. I am still waiting for my money. Every time I call (I have called four times) I am told that it will be five to ten business days from the time I called before it will be processed by the escalation unit. This is almost 60 days from the original email. Today I called and I was told I should receive my money on march 27, 2017 because even though I called on march 7, 2017 and was told 5-10 business days my issue was not processed by the escalation unit until march 9, 2017 and I must wait another 5-10 business days plus another 72 hours before I get my money. I continue to pay my bill in full on time monthly. I just want my money and I keep getting the run around from directv. I was told I needed to provide documentation to directv i. E. The emails and my bank statement. I refuse to send my bank statement to directv.

• Di
                                    DirecTVistheWORST Mar 22, 2017

The best thing to do with DirecTV is to cancel them immediately. Then, take the box and equipment and toss it in the trash. When they contact YOU, put them on hold for 3 hours, then transfer them to your dog, Or cat. Then hang up. When they call again demanding their equipment back, tell them that it's your home's policy to do so after a 45 day review period. (Why not?) When they call again, answer in another language and say in broken English that you don't know anything about DirecTV.

Direct TVsatellite tv service

Direct TV misled me on price increases coming in the middle of my contract that started in Dec 2015. After 13 months certain discounts I was told would go away and my bill would increase by $33/month. However, charges went up ~$60/month with no changes in service or equipment. Some charges were price increases, thought those were fixed since I had a contract and the Direct TV rep told me the exact amount of the increase I could expect at the end of 13 months. Also, I had a discount for auto pay that went away. However, I was specifically told that the auto pay discount would not go away as long as I continued auto pay. I was also informed at the time that there would be other discounts at the end of 13 months and when I checked after 16 months there were zero discounts.

DirecTV — rebate 225 dollar rebate

Signed up at Walmart to switch to Directv and get visa card for 225. Send in rebate for right away. Said it...

Oak Point

DirecTVdirect tv cable

My boyfriend signed up for direct tv. He needed a credit card, which he doesn't have, so he used mine. His representative, James Koehler, said there would be NO automatic payments from this card. Not only did he get a bill stating the payment will come out from that account on March 22, the bill is going to his address with my name on it. James Koehler set up the installation for a Sunday evening. No one showed and no one called. My boyfriend called them the next day. Service would be installed that night. No show. No call. Day 3 my boyfriend called James and James apologized and said his first month would be free. Nope, he just got a bill.
                                    I can't believe your company allows this practice. I understand your employees work on commission but they shouldn't screw everything up while trying to lure customers in. I hope something is said to your employees while being trained TO GET IT RIGHT!