DirecTV — accidentally overpaid bill, by $1 740 and directv won't refund the overpayment!
Direct TV account # [protected]
We don't know what else to do. We ask for your help. We have been told by many of Directive representatives that they don't know what else they can do! So, we're turning to anyone and everyone to ask for help in a matter that no one wants to help us with.
Here is the issue: On August 31, my wife accidentally paid our direct TV bill (online) with money she thought was going to our Mortgage payment. So, instead of sending $132.35 to Directive, she instead sent you $1, 904.00!!! About ten days later after our mortgage company started calling us to ask us where our payment was (and we have never, ever had a late payment in 20 years), my Wife was horrified to learn that she accidentally sent our payment to Directive (Our Mortgage Company is De-Tech. Hence, you can see how my wife could confuse in a hurried way, De Tech with Directive). On Sept. 15, she contacted Directive and found out that we had a large credit of $1, 771.65... which was the amount left after Direct TV deducted our monthly payment on Sept. 4th. OK. We can understand that. But, we obviously needed our excess money refunded to pay our mortgage payment. So we requested Directive on Sept. 16 to refund us the remaining amount of $1, 771, 65. Your representative seemed happy to do this and assured us that we would be promptly refunded the excess amount within 5 to 10 business days. We started to count the days and watch our mailbox. But when Sept. 29 came (exactly ten business days later) we did not receive any check in the mail from Directive. We decided to wait another 5 days. We then called back on October 6th and we were told by two different representatives of Directive to be patient... that the check will come shortly. But still, no refund. Then, another week later, we called again. But this time we got the names and ID of representatives who keep telling us that the "check is in the mail" so to speak. We talked to a representative named "Sean" or "Shawn" ID # SMO743. He assured us that on Monday morning, October 16 that we would be receiving a call directly from someone in the "Finance dept." of Directive who would explain the problem delay and fix everything. Come Monday morning, we received no such call.
Now... we are very upset. So I called Direct TV myself...... and, I wait the usual 20-30 minutes to speak to a supervisor (and, I am sorry but I have yet to speak with someone who spoke English well enough so that I didn't have to keep asking, "What did you say" I don't understand what you are saying... please repeat that?"). But... after being transferred to two different"Supervisors"I finally spoke to a"Clara"whose ID is 92271. Clara was now the first representative to tell us that it isn't 5 to 10 business days but rather it is 10 to 15 days to wait to receive our refund (Business days)!! What? We were told 5-10 days for three weeks by three other"Supervisors". We are now told its 10-15 days by Clara! We are now very upset. Because.. even stretching that out, 15 days, our check has still not arrived! We have not received any refund! NOTHING!
But... to make matters now extremely upsetting to us is the fact that we learned from"Clara"that actually our check had been authorized to be written on October 3rd! But... it was"conveniently"delayed and written on October 5th.. A DAY AFTER OUR OCTOBER PAYMENT WAS DUE! SO... WITHOUT OUR PERMISSION, DIRECTv DECIDED ON THEIR OWN TO SUBTRACT OUR OCTOBER PAYMENT OF $132.35 OUT OF OUR EXCESS OF $1, 771.65.... without our permission! So now... Our refund... if it ever comes... is now shrunk down to $1, 639.88! What is Directv doing here? Why did you do this? That was done without our permission!!! Who said you could do that with our refund? That refund is ours and its our choice how we pay DIRECTV.
So now... we have two major problems with Directv and we need someone other than the people we are only allowed access to, to talk to someone on the phone who does clearly speak for Direct TV and who can truly get things done to help us with this and return our refund as you had said you would!
1) DIrect TV owes us our refund... which was approved on October 3, which was $1, 771.65. Then, we can choose how to pay you for our October payment!!! (And we are great customers with an impeccable payment record for many years) We don't want to continue to be given the"run-around" by your representatives who tell us conflicting directives such as refunds take 5-10 days... then its 10-15 days, or.. that its in the mail.... etc.
2) We want an explanation as to why your company chose to take money out of our refund to pay yourselves without consulting with us!!! That was so wrong and if we do not hear a plausible explanation, we will continue to raise this matter with as many people as we can because we have been directly mistreated and abused by directv... by your careless use of our money and reluctance at refunding us properly in a timely manner. We have always made our payments to you in a timely manner and yet your company has treated us so unfairly and without any urgency to help us solve this matter. We now appeal to you.
The latest story that we have heard from Clara (who called us back Tuesday of this week) is that we will receive our check by this Friday. Yea, right. We have heard that before.in fact... several times. We have our doubts because of how we have been purposely mislead so much in this matter. Think of this... would you put up with such a delay... (about 5 weeks) if you accidentally paid over $1, 750 for a bill and needed that money returned in order to pay other bills... but were continually given the run-around for 5 weeks and still haven't received it.
So... please... What can you do for us in this matter? We need your help in resolving this matter... please.
Direct TV account # [protected]
Updated by bridges7737 · Oct 28, 2017
Yes... we agree with all your comments. We are pursuing one more course of action. If that does not work. will take this to the next level and pursue legal action as this is not only about money but also the principle. We will not stop our pursuit. Thanks for your comments.
More DirecTV Complaints & Reviews
- AT&T / Direc TV Bundle My Services - overcharged 
- Direct TV - stay away - direct tv sucks! 
- Direct TV - very poor service and unacceptable contract 
- Direc TV & Costco - terrible experience! 
- Direct TV - prepaid visa card promotion 
- Direct TV - someone elso opened an account with my last name and address 
- Direct TV - failure to get proper credits on my bill 
- Direc TV Support - very poor service 
- DirecTV - no show installation
- DirecTV - new guide change