Days Innterrible experience

H Review updated:

I too, am a victim of Days Inn No Cancellation policy. I cancelled the reservation 11 days in advance, this was the days inn at lancaster pa. The reservation was for a shopping trip with my mom & 2 sisters, 2 rooms. Eleven days before our trip we were informed that our dad has 6 months to live, needless to say, my mom and us didn't feel like shopping or leaving our dad at this time. That very same day i contacted days inn to cancel reservation, i was then informed that i should have read the NO CANCELLATION POLICY. I made the reservation via web. Regardless of policy, under some circumstances, most industries will waive the policy terms. My profession is customer service, which is all about the customer. Not with this company, the charge of 316.00 remains on my credit card. I am not sure where I will go next with this issue, any advice would be appreciated. I really think this company should be more sensative to their customers.

• P
      Aug 31, 2008

We made a reservation at the Days Inn on Anrew Johnson Hwy and discovered it was the wrong one. So we now have a reservation at the Days Inn at White Pine. (Both in Morristown, TN.) for Saturday September 6, 2008. When I tried to cancel the one on Andrew Johnson Hwy. (after talking to 3 people) I only got the run around - Bottom line - they refused to cancel and we are expected to pay even though we changed locations with the same chain (being Days Inn). I can tell you that not only will we not stay at a Days Inn again but will tell everyone that will listen to us not to stay there and WE DO TRAVEL A LOT and have stayed at Days Inn on MANY occasions. So sorry for this terrible situation.

Sincerely,
    Pat Peoples.

• D
      Jul 10, 2009

My advice is to not make reservations that you can not cancel. I am sure the hotel is deeply sorry for your loss as am I. But in the end YOU made this reservation, not them.

• C
      Sep 24, 2009

sounds like someone working for the hotel posting a comment hmmmmm. That is a same about how Days Inn has gone to the toilet in the last couple of years.
    Did you try disputing the charge with your credit card?

Some of the Days Inn only charge for the 1st night only and other owners charge for the whole stay. I wonder if in the next year there will be a class action lawsuit against Days Inn. You can behave in a bad way and in an illegal manner but eventually some action needs to be taken.
    Leaving Days Inn for good.