Menu
Ascendant Holidays Customer Service Phone, Email, Contacts

Ascendant Holidays
reviews & complaints

www.ascendant-holidays.com

Learn how the rating is calculated

3.1 31 Reviews

Ascendant Holidays Complaints Summary

16 Resolved
2 Unresolved
Our verdict: Expect excellent service from Ascendant Holidays. While their resolution rate is high, always verify their service terms. Read customer testimonials, both positive and negative, to gauge their service's reliability and responsiveness. Have all relevant information ready when dealing with their customer service for efficient problem-solving.
Verified
The authenticity of the customer service contact information for Ascendant Holidays has been meticulously verified by representatives from ComplaintsBoard using our proprietary verification system.
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Ascendant Holidays. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
Claim Your Business
Take control of your profile: address complaints and engage with reviews
File a complaint

Ascendant Holidays reviews & complaints 31

Filter reviews by rating
13 reviews
Sort by:

Newest Ascendant Holidays reviews & complaints

10:27 pm EST
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Ascendant Holidays - Ascendant membership

We have several issues regarding our membership and would like to cancel our membership. On multiple occasions, we have tried to book several things and are displeased with the process. What we were told and what actually occurs is very different. First of all, we never received our membership information to log into our account. After 30 days of becoming a...

1:09 pm EDT

Ascendant Holidays Ascendant Holidays vacation club

My husband has contacted them multiple times in the past year to cancel membership due to financial hardship stemming from a work accident and they refuse. They have told him the only way out is to sell it to someone. They will not cancel. We will be contacting a lawyer if they do not Cancel immediately.It is a company that offers misleading and ambiguous information to its clients. We were offered false selling points, omission of vital information, and poor management practices, highlighted by the slowness of processing pertinent and necessary information, regarding essential benefits. For these reasons, we want to cancel our membership effective immediately.

Desired outcome: Membership cancellation

F
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ascendant Holidays We feel like they tricked us, and we've been trying to get clarification on our purchase since June , but we still don't have anything

We feel like they tricked us, and we've been trying to get clarification on our purchase since June , but we still don't have anything concrete. We've tried reaching out to them multiple times, even going to their office twice, but they said they couldn't find our information and promised to call us back. However, we've sent them numerous emails and made several calls, and we haven't heard anything from them. We've had so many questions that we now want to cancel the contract.

We signed up for this in December , and they told us we would have unlimited weeks around the world for just $296.00. We also sold our week for 25 points to use in RCI, and they threw in a 5-day stay and cruise as a gift. In June , we contacted RCI, and it was a horrible experience. We couldn't use the points, and that's when we started reaching out to Ascendant. We discovered that the points would expire, even though the hotels were closed. They didn't extend anything or provide any clarification until December when the points were about to expire. We had to pay almost $400 to activate a gift that they knew we could use points for, but they didn't inform us until January. The website and what they told us were completely different, causing a lot of confusion. We're still waiting for them to clarify everything, and I have all the emails and paperwork to prove it. None of their advice mentioned the points' expiration. When I asked about it, they said the terms and conditions are suggested to change yearly.

W. Swift
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My boyfriend and I purchased our package in October. Several months later, we were told that he could not be on my contract because we were not married. After going back and forth for weeks, we threatened to cancel the contract so they allowed him to stay on the contract. Also, I have attempted to book a vacation on multiple occasions but were unsuccessful because nothing is never available for me. During the seminar we were told that availability would not be an issue with their company which is a lie. In addition, we were promised 25 extra bonus points which is stated on the contract that I have. After attempting to book our vacation today, we were told that the extra points were not noted in our contract on their end. Therefore, if I wanted to travel for Christmas this year, I would have to forfeit my week vacation for 2022 and pay 799.00 which is absurd. BEWARE: THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM!

M. Pacocha
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Antonio On Oct. 14,2021 my wife and I purchased a membership in Ascendant Holidays in Orlando. We were completely misled by sales and management personnel. We were pressured and coerced into purchasing this travel membership (which sounds more like a timeshare). We were led to believe that our membership was upgraded to a "Diamond" status for cruises which would give us higher discounts and perks. When contacting the cruise agent associated with them all they offered was a 10% discount. And, said they did not know anything about the Diamond category. Upon checking online we found better discounts than the 10% they offered. They promised a lot of "freebies" and after researching we find that we have out of pocket expenses, therefore, there is nothing free! This purchase was put on a new credit card costing us $14,075.00. We have just filed to dispute this fraudulent purchase with the credit card company before making first payment. Therefore, we do not want membership with this fraudulent, scamming and dishonest company.

D. Schaden
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Carnival is a brand name and should be ashamed. I got into a contract with this company under them Ascendant travel for an astronomical amount. The sales guy Frank drug me along for months stating he assist me with cancelation after I informed after less than 30 days we had misunderstood and needed to cancel. We had just lost our son less than a month prior and we're not in the best state of mind. Frank seemed to understand and stated he was going to help us but he didn't. He further helped us sign up for a credit card and put the entire 16,000+ on a credit card to trap us. This is so upsetting and heartbreaking.

A. Pagac
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They did a bait and switch on us. Not honoring what was promised. The room we stayerd in of the promotion offer was disgusting. We were told that they would reimburse our $1500 yearly maintenance fees on our time share and that they would keep the two units for their own use. We never received reimbursement for our maintenance fees. After 8 months of back and forth, they told us that the plan had changed and that they would only give us the $1500 in vouchers for travelling. We don't travel much so that would not be good for us. We finally got a call from an agent saying that we had to pay our monthly bill or cancel. We had to cancel because they refused to honor what they sold us. They kept the closing cost and additional miscellaneous funds (1,925.09. Finally they sent us to collection because we had not continued to pay the montly fee after we cancelled. We received a call from the same agent today and she stated she had the last word and would not let us speak to their legal department. They are keeping our funds and the collection agency that handles their problems will not remove us until Jan 10th of 2022. Not a professional way to do business. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

Is Ascendant Holidays legit?

Our verdict: Ascendant Holidays has achieved a rare feat of perfection in legitimacy, as per the rigorous analysis conducted by Complaints Board. This achievement underscores Ascendant Holidays's position as a benchmark of trust and quality within its industry. Users and clients of Ascendant Holidays can engage with its offerings, confident in the knowledge that they are dealing with a top-tier, fully legitimized company.

Ascendant Holidays earns 100% level of Trustworthiness

Perfect Trust Endorsement: Ascendant Holidays achives 100% ligitmacy per Complaints Board. Highly recommended, yet always stay vigilant.

By resolving 88% of 18 negative reviews, Ascendant Holidays is demonstrating its dedication to customer satisfaction and effectively addressing customer issues. While there may still be some practical problems that need to be addressed, such as long wait times or unhelpful responses.

A long registered date for ascendant-holidays.com can be seen as a positive aspect for Ascendant Holidays as it indicates a commitment to maintaining the website and its domain name for a long period of time. It also suggests that the company is organized and has taken steps to secure its online presence.

The age of Ascendant Holidays's domain suggests that they have had sufficient time to establish a reputation as a reliable source of information and services. This can provide reassurance to potential customers seeking quality products or services.

Ascendant-holidays.com has a valid SSL certificate, which indicates that the website is secure and trustworthy. Look for the padlock icon in the browser and the "https" prefix in the URL to confirm that the website is using SSL.

Ascendant-holidays.com has been deemed safe to visit, as it is protected by a cloud-based cybersecurity solution that uses the Domain Name System (DNS) to help protect networks from online threats.

According to our analysis, Ascendant Holidays appears to be offering travel services on their website. While many travel companies are legitimate, it's important to be cautious and do your research before booking a trip to ensure that you are getting a good deal and not falling victim to a scam.

Ascendant-holidays.com regularly updates its policies to reflect changes in laws, regulations. These policies are easy to find and understand, and they are written in plain language that is accessible to all customers. This helps customers understand what they are agreeing to and what to expect from Ascendant Holidays.

However ComplaintsBoard has detected that:

• Ascendant-holidays.com has relatively low traffic compared to other websites, it could be due to a niche focus, but could also indicate a potential lack of traffic and popularity. The ascendant-holidays.com may offer a niche product or service that is only of interest to a smaller audience.
  • Ascendant Holidays protects their ownership data, a common and legal practice. However, from our perspective, this lack of transparency can impede trust and accountability, which are essential for establishing a credible and respected business entity.

Ascendant Holidays This company, Ascendant Holidays, LLC, is a scam

This company, Ascendant Holidays, LLC, is a scam. They claim it's not a timeshare, but it actually is. They collaborate with two other companies, RCI and Worldwide Vacation and Travel, to deceive people. They lure you in with a "free vacation" to Cancun, but once you're in, there's no way out. They never informed me that I had to cancel within three days. When I tried to cancel through my credit card, they told me to contact RCI. However, RCI refused to let me cancel. It's incredibly frustrating because they charged me $15,000 for something I don't even receive. It's true, nothing in life is free. I've already lost so much money. I haven't even used their services yet. I booked a hotel in New York with them, but when I arrived, the hotel was closed. I called Ascendant Holidays, but they were of no help. They told me the reservation was made through Expedia, so I had to call Expedia to find another hotel. I wasted most of my day searching for a place to stay. Don't expect any assistance from these people. Once you're in, there's no way out. If you add family members or friends, they will also be charged. You have to keep paying off the debt, or else your credit will be ruined by the credit card company. This kind of business should be permanently shut down. I can find better vacations outside of this scam. I'm still paying off this debt for something I never even used. On top of that, I have to keep paying membership fees for Ascendant Holidays and RCI.

G
G
G. Effertz
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On 2/11 I attended a travel club meeting with ***. I was coerced, manipulated, and highly pressured into buying their product. They called their services something other than 'A timeshare' so they can disassociate themselves with the bad reputation of timeshare companies. Felipe (my sales person) made this club sound very Extravagant, Luxurious and a No one else could beat their services and a great money saving deal. Felipe didn't want me to use my cell phone - stating that his manager wants me to have his full attention. They don't want you googling them to find out info on them. Pressured into buying saying that it's a onetime deal and only valid today and so he don't want me to think I'm not doing my job.
Holidays promised savings on hotels, condos, cruises, airfare and all their resort companies.
They gave examples of them going on holidays with their family using this product and so on. Not good offers. You can google and get better savings than what they offer. There will be higher savings if you are going to one of their resorts. This was NOT clear at the time of signing up. It's SO stressful. It WILL ruin your holiday and a lot of days afterwards. I wish I could go back and not have signed up for this scam! I wish I had thought clearly and identified this was a scam earlier.
I later told Felipe that I wanted my son to join our meeting and he said yeah, call him. I did & when my son (17) came Felipe was talking to & looking at him the entire time. Saying: "Yeah Bro, yo can charge your friends for a trip and put the rest in your pocket. You can get your money back from your trips by charging your friends a price. Yall can refinance with a Co. called *** - they will refince yall for 12 months for the amounts of the credit card." He gave us business cards pertaining to NOT the travel co but to his own businesses in which he does night club parties, sells real estate and even gave us names to businesses to he his or would be at associated with that evening. "Make yo money bro" and looking at him the entire time after he came & not acknowledging me after that - like he has the $$$$$ to come up with this.
Felipe took us to a wall screen computer to pull up these low low fees or hotels and resorts - which LOOKED GREAT but after I got home I pulled up the same things on Priceline, Hotels.com and Orbitz and found cheaper prices. I am not gaining, I am MOST DEFINITELY LOSING! Nothing in this is free and you pay for all travel, trips, hotels and resorts. So I am paying them lots of money for something I can do for free and come out way cheaper.

I want out of these contracts as I have funded these thru RCI Elite Rewards - Barclays Credit Card Company ($5600. and Upromise World Mastercard at $92.75 a month for price of @ 4475.00 + 1125.) = $11,200.
I am at this time sending disputes to FL ComplaintsBoard.com, FL Attorney General's Office, ***This company has/have several different addresses listed when you google them. They have 32 complaints with the ComplaintsBoard.com - which you can't read them or because it stated that they were in the process of changing their name. There's other sites that have disputes on them if you google *** Disputes.
This is a SCAM & I don't want to be any part of it and as of this day and I want to be remediated from this company and further installments and billings as well.
PLEASE CHECK THIS COMPANY OUT. THEY MANIPULATED MY SON AND I INTO THIS SCAM, FRUAD, SCEEM.

T
T
T. Feeney
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Hace apenas dos meses que obtuve la membresia. La verdad es que todos fueron muy amables conmigo. Pero cuando fui a la conferencia fui muy clara al decirle a las personas que me ayudaron (Frank *** y Milagros) que no queria incurrir en otra tarjeta de credit con un elevado interes ya que anteriormente habia tenido una mala experiencia. Pese a mis advertensias confie en ellos porque me parecieron muy buenas personas, tambien les comente que no queria tener otro bill de mas de $150 que pagar al mes puesto que estoy en la escuela. Al final ellos ignoraron mis peticiones y solo basandose en que mi esposo dijo que ibamos a interntar pagar el monto total en 6 meses el chico que me ayudo no menciono que la tarjeta que saco a mi nombre tenia un interes de un 24.74% despues de los seis meses. M e parece una falta de respeto que haya ignorando mis peticiones, a pesar de que se lo repeti en varias ocasiones solo basado en que mi esposo dijo que ibamos a intentar. Considero que su deber era mencionar que despues de los seis meses tendiramos que pagar esa elevada tasa de interes. Aunque pienso que omitio la informacion solo para que firmaramos los papeles.
Ademas de eso, hoy es el cuarto dia que he estado esperando para hablar con una representante y todavia no he recibido ninguna llamada.

Translated by ComplaintsBoard.com Representative:

It's only been two months since I got the membership. The truth is that they were all very nice to me. But when I went to the conference I was very clear when I told the people who helped me (Frank *** and Milagros) that I did not want to incur another credit card with a high interest since I had previously had a bad experience. Despite my warnings, I trusted them because I thought they were very good people. I also told them that I didn't want to have another bill of more than $ 150 to pay per month since I'm in school. In the end they ignored my requests and only based on the fact that my husband said that we were going to try to pay the full amount in 6 months, the boy who helped me did not mention that the card that he took out in my name had an interest of 24.74% after the six months. It seems disrespectful to me that he has ignored my requests, even though I repeated it to him several times just based on my husband saying we were going to try. I think it was your duty to mention that after six months we would have to pay that high interest rate. Although I think he omitted the information just for us to sign the papers.

M. Huels
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My husband and I bought a "vacation" package from Ascendant Holidays on June 19. They promised us trips, bonuses, discounts and more which is a lie. We were unable to access the RCI Portal. We called several times and we have all the records to prove this communication. We had to pay the initial amount of money of 2,610.00 plus 277.00 each month that already adds an additional amount of 1,108.00 of monthly fee and from the beginning they lied to us, telling us that we would receive an original Contract which we never received and the only draft that we have nor It even mentions the name of the person who sold us the membership. Copies that do not have a sequence of pages and this creates many questions. Our membership would cost a total of $ 14,850.00 with promises that were all lies. They told us that with this membership everything would be much cheaper and that we could save more money, which is a lie. It costs a lot more to use this. We have not used the points yet because everything is so expensive that it is out of our budget. We check several travel pages on the Internet and it is much cheaper to book with them. This is like giving away our money to people who only know how to cheat. We feel like we were cheated on and we just want to get out of this contract. We have been paying monthly and paying on time and in full for nothing because we have not been able to use this service since it is too expensive, when they told us that it was to save money. We have to travel according to their conditions, which is not fair to us. We would like a refund and cancellation of our contract. We spend so much money on something that we have not used and that we believe we will never use because of how expensive it is. Hope someone can put an end to this kind of scam. We are honest people aged 60 and 56 who have worked very hard to have our savings for old age and I think this is not right. We only hear lies from these people and now without any benefit in return. We just want a solution to this situation. And please stop fooling and scamming people. Mi esposo y yo compramos a Ascendant Holidays un paquete de "vacaciones" el 19 de junio de 2021. Nos prometieron viajes, bonificaciones, descuentos y otros lo cual es mentira. Se nos hacía imposible acceder al Portal de RCI. Llamamos en varias ocasiones y tenemos todos los antecedentes que prueban esta comunicación. Tuvimos que pagar la cantidad de dinero inicial de 2,610.00 más 277.00 cada mes que ya suman adicional la cantidad de 1,108.00 de tarifa mensual y desde el principio nos mintieron, diciéndonos que recibiríamos un Contrato en original el cual nunca recibimos y el único borrador que tenemos ni siquiera menciona el nombre de la persona que nos vendió la membresia. Copias que no tienen una secuencia de páginas y esto crea muchas interrogantes. Nuestro membresía tendría un costo total de $14,850.00 con promesas que eran todas mentiras. Nos dijeron que con esta membresía todo sería mucho más económico y que podríamos ahorrar más dinero, lo cual es mentira. Cuesta mucho más usar esto. Aun no hemos usado los puntos porque todo es tan costoso que está fuera de nuestro presupuesto. Verificamos en varias páginas de viajes en Internet y nos sale mucho más económico reservar con ellos. Esto es como regalar nuestro dinero a personas que solo saben engañar. Sentimos que nos engañaron y solo queremos salir de este contrato. Hemos estado pagando mensualmente y pagando a tiempo y total para nada porque no hemos podido utilizar este servicio ya que es demasiado costoso, cuando con engaños nos dijeron que era para economizar. Tenemos que viajar según sus condiciones, lo cual no se nos hace justo. Nos gustaría un reembolso y la cancelación de nuestro contrato. Gastamos tanto dinero en algo que no hemos usado y que creemos, nunca usaremos por lo costoso que es. Espero que alguien pueda terminar con este tipo de estafas. Somos personas honestas de 60 años y 56 años que hemos trabajado muy duro para poder tener nuestros ahorros de cara a la vejez y creo que esto no está bien. Solo escuchamos mentiras de esta gente y ahora sin ningún beneficio a cambio. Solo queremos una solución a esta situación . Y que por favor dejen de engañar y estafar a la gente.

L. Bosco
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My wife and I feel like we have been rob at gun point of $8,000 from this Ascendants Holidays. They have not kept none of their commitment to us. From the first time trying to book and this week trying to book a simple stay in Orlando for the family. They promise us a week free at Calypso Cay, which they no longer honor. It is now $730 for week stay. I ask them what did I pay $8,000 for, if I still have to pay you $730. It makes no sense for this company to continue to dupe people out their hard earned money. I wish I could do it all over. Never again will I trust anyone selling timeshares. I would love to get out my contract with my money back. I have not taken one vacation with them. Truly a sad case here.

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ascendant Holidays Doesn't even deserve 1 star!

Doesn't even deserve 1 star! We were planning a trip in 2 months, and went to a Presentation. They ensured if we purchased that we would be able to use our points to book the trip we were planning. Here's an email I sent them to try and cancel, no luck yet!
We want to cancel, and I understand that there is a 3 day ROR policy, but we hadn't received the full terms of our agreement (the rci program) until yesterday.

We purchased the vacation club program on the stipulation that we would be able to go to Peurto Rico in January and hawaii in October with our points. We were given the vouchers. When they told us it took 30 days to activate, we asked point blank if we wouldn't have enough time to book our trips and they ensured us we would be fine. We tried everything in our power to get the rci membership early, to no avail. During the process we were ensured it would not be a problem and we booked flights for 16 family members.

There is now nothing available for us to book the trip, and can see we were most certainly miss-lead for the sake of sale. We now have to cancel and come out of pocket for our plane tickets, and are willing to make whatever stink necessary to make our voice heard. I'm contemplating even standing outside the sales
Office to share my experience with everyone I see about to walk in on my days off until this is canceled. I've spoken to multiple supervisors at RCI and they cannot do anything tog et us our trips.

UPDATE:

they have satisfied my wants and needs. They were easy to work with, I shouldn't have posted on here without speaking to them first. Very satisfied!

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ascendant Holidays I won a free 4 day vacation on a radio station, they called me and said I won because of a keyword I texted a couple weeks ago

I won a free 4 day vacation on a radio station, they called me and said I won because of a keyword I texted a couple weeks ago. They told me I had to sit through a presentation for an hour and a half and pay a $99 registration fee to get the tickets. I was excited because I never won anything before, but I shouldn't have paid the fee. The presentation on Friday 03/18/22 was more than 2 hours and I ended up spending over 4 hours there. They kept saying it wasn't a timeshare and the benefits seemed good at the time. I was starting a new job that would give me a little more money. On 03/21/22, I couldn't accept the job and I knew I had 3 business days to cancel the package I bought, so I planned to go back to Ascendant Holidays on Tuesday 3/22/22 or Wednesday 03/23/22. I cut my kids' spring break short and drove 6 hours back to Orlando. I went to the business early Wednesday morning and told them I wanted to cancel because of my job situation and because I found out they were actually a timeshare. They said I went over the 3 business days because they're open on Saturdays and there was nothing they could do. Then a manager came in and said he wanted to help, so he reduced the $11,699 charge on my credit card to $5,454. I accepted because I thought I had no choice. I called the ComplaintsBoard.com and they said it's best to file a complaint. I also called the credit card company and filed a dispute, which is being reviewed now. I researched and Saturday is considered a working day, but I don't think it's a business day. I don't plan on using this program or timeshare. I feel like I was misled.

UPDATE:

The VP Mike *** contacted me and said I'll get a full refund and my account will be canceled. Please update that my issue was resolved and I'll be fully refunded.

B
Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ascendant Holidays On December 4, I won a trip through the radio and got a call telling me to deposit 99 dollars and attend a 2-hour presentation, which

On December 4, I won a trip through the radio and got a call telling me to deposit 99 dollars and attend a 2-hour presentation, which ended up being 7 hours long. During that time, they bombarded us with offers and benefits that were impossible to refuse, messing with our minds. Unfortunately, we realized this too late. They offered unlimited reservations through the RCI app, where our gifts and benefits would be, and even the ability to choose and plan our vacations and our children's vacations. They made us sign a contract that doesn't even make sense in order. They checked our credit and since we couldn't do it together, they did it separately, resulting in a debt of $4000 for me and $3000 for my husband. On top of that, they automatically charged my husband's credit card $101 every month for the next 7 years. They told us we would receive documents and information within 15 days, but all we got were the cards with the debt. Two months later, a guy named Maikol called me and gave me instructions, promising to be my personal agent who would always be available. However, when I tried to access the app, my name, account, gifts, and benefits were nowhere to be found. I've been trying to reach Mr. Maikol, but he's never available and doesn't return my calls. Yesterday, on July 27, 2022, I called for the last time and threatened to file a complaint and request cancellation of this terrible and deceitful contract. It's been over 24 hours, and they still haven't contacted me. I desperately need to escape from this nightmare, and I hope no one else falls for this unpleasant experience. It's all a complete lie, and we feel deceived. As time goes by and they continue to ignore us, they keep charging us. Moreover, we've checked, and their prices are higher, and the offers they promised are non-existent. How can they play with people like this?

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ascendant Holidays Carnival is a brand name and should be ashamed

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ascendant Holidays My wife and I feel like we have been rob at gun point of $8,000 from this Ascendants Holidays

Ascendant Holidays My boyfriend and I purchased our package in October

V

Ascendant Holidays Antonio On Oct

Ascendant Holidays They did a bait and switch on us

Ascendant Holidays Hace apenas dos meses que obtuve la membresia

Translated by ComplaintsBoard.com Representative:

Ascendant Holidays On 2/11 I attended a travel club meeting with ***

Verified customer This review was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Ascendant Holidays My husband and I bought a "vacation" package from Ascendant Holidays on June 19

Ascendant Holidays While in Orlando during the the first week of December

While in Orlando during the the first week of December . We were introduced to Ascendant Holidays by a representative at NU Car Rental. We listened to the sales presentation before going upstairs to sign paperwork. During signing (we were told was being recorded), the lady seemed nervous and was disorganized. She looked at her phone and was rushing. First thing she said was, "if there's anything wrong and you're unhappy with anything, let's resolve it internally." That statement in mind, we asked her to confirm what a Sales Manager mentioned earlier. We asked what would happen if we were unable to fulfill the obligations due to unforeseen circumstances. Sales Manager said we'd be able to cancel/terminate the agreement. She seemed uncertain - which was alarming. At that point it, it was after 6 PM. We arrived there at 2:30 PM. We had to head back to the hotel due to an emergency and did not complete sign up process. Later that evening, we sent a text to the Sales Rep letting him know we'd be there the following morning. We arrived at 9 AM the following morning. We met with the Sales Rep and informed him we made the decision to NOT proceed with purchasing the vacation package for the following reasons: 1. 16% interest rate was too high, and 2. there was a conflict between what the lady told us vs. what Sales Manager mentioned regarding terminating the event of the unforeseen. We went back upstairs and spoke to the lady's manager. He acknowledged our concerns and accepted our decision to not proceed with the purchase. He mentioned all paperwork would be shredded and had not completed the process. Mixed with our paperwork was another customer's drivers license (alarming). We left assured everything was cancelled - with no copies of paperwork presented to us. Three weeks later, we received Credit Cards from Barclays Bank and then an invoice. This is fraudulent and will be reported to the FTC. Barclays Bank is aware.

Read full review of Ascendant Holidays and 1 comment

1 comment
W. Miller
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On June 1, 2022 My Girlfriend and I stayed at *** Resort which is normal. The day before our stay we was asked numerous of times to attend a two hour tour for a free 6 night/7 day vacation no matter if we take the offer or not. It was WAY LONGER than two hours(it was 5 to 6 hours). The people who did the presentation was nice but, even with that I declined the offer 4x and then we was told I counted 7x "we can cancel this program at ANYTIME cause it was not a time share." Ultimately we said fine cause we could cancel anytime then they threw all the free gifts with it. So we waited for welcome call that took a month and they said about a week. For them to tell me well us that we couldn't cancel cause we only had three days. We was NEVER TOLD THIS but 30 days for cancellation we was. We have never used ANY of there stuff and don't wish too to be honest.

Ascendant Holidays has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ascendant Holidays This company is conducting business in the most fraudulent manner possible

This company is conducting business in the most fraudulent manner possible. My partner and I signed a contract with Ascendant Holidays on 2/16. What was supposed to be a "congratulations, you've won a free trip for two to Jamaica" turned into two years of being harassed, NO TRIP TO JAMAICA, and thousands of dollars wasted on empty promises. Ascendent Holidays makes sure that when they offer you the "free trip" they force you to come into their place of business so they can place you in a hot room for literal hours hankering down on you about why you should give them your money. It is virtually impossible to get the one trip you came for without signing your life over. We put down nearly $3,000 the day of (of which we have not seen a single penny go to our "investment"). We paid hundreds of dollars towards nothing thereafter. When Covid hit a MONTH later we called into have our contract cancelled after coming to the understanding that not only would we not be able to travel to Jamaica for free as promised, we wouldn't be going anywhere for a very long time. They denied the cancellation but knocked almost $5,000 off our contract. Which tells me they are more than capable of taking matters into their own hands if they see fit. We then had to call in several times when they'd take extra payments without authorization. We were locked out of our accounts at one point and had to call in several times to get access. Let's be clear: Ascendant Holidays DOES NOT take out loans to cover the cost of anything on your behalf, meaning-you are quite literally paying "money owed" to no one but them for services YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE. They don't lose any money or sleep canceling these contracts they impose on people. I want my contract completely cancelled & their remark removed from my credit report. They're lucky I'm only asking for a cancellation and not a complete refund. If this issue cannot be resolved I will be taking legal action.

Read full review of Ascendant Holidays and 3 comments

3 comments
J. Ratke
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

In May 2022, my husband heard a radio promotional announcement that if he texted a number, he would win a trip for 4 days/3 nights. He then received a call that he won the trip but had to pay $99 and attend a 2hr presentation at *** Resort (red flag). Well, we attended as we were told, but the 2hr presentation turned into a seemingly all day event (4-5hrs later). The salesman was really nice and he sold us on all the benefits of the vacation membership (as it was described, not a timeshare). Initially, we were told we wouldn't have to put any money down and only a soft credit check would be done. Turned out, a hard credit inquiry was done and we actually applied for a credit card, for which a $8600 down payment was put on the credit card. The rest was financed so we would actually have 2 payments each month (one to Ascendant and the other to the credit card company). We were told the payment would be $301 for the 1st 6 months but it would then reduce to $180--which doesn't seem likely being that the credit card will only be paid down by approximately $1800. We were under the impression we had 30 days to cancel if we changed our minds so we waited until we got our welcome call to decide because I still had questions and slight reservations. Well, on the call, I learned we actually only had 3 days to cancel and the welcome call did little to clarify the program so I could understand how to use it. At this time, we would really just like to cancel the contract and have the down payment refunded to our NEW credit card.

R. Dare
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I texted number on radio to win a vacation and they called me two days later saying I am one of the winners for a vacation I would have to pay 99$ and then go to a orientation I then looked up the company and saw a lot of people have been scam I want my refund

D. Wuckert
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I attended there travel program. I told them I would not be able to purchase the program since I'm in the process of buying a home. They assured me there would not be hard inquiry on my credit report. Next day I notice my credit went down 6 points due to a hard inquiry from them. I immediately texted the salesperson (Jerry) and he said he would look into it. He texted me back and assured me that the manager said that it would drop off in 14 days. 6 months later is still there. I told them I did want to cancel my program since they did not keep there word, and they sent me a release agreement which did not include the refund for my down payment and the first months payment. I emailed them and told them, that I would not sign it until it stated the refund. I just got a letter of cancellation from them and they stated they have cancelled my with program NO REFUND. I would like a refund and the removal of the hard inquiry, and make sure this does not happen to anyone else.

F
Ascendant Holidays has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ascendant Holidays Ascendant Holiday's initially told me my loan would be for $9,075 but had me put a down payment of $4000 that they said at the time was

Ascendant Holiday's initially told me my loan would be for $9,075 but had me put a down payment of $4000 that they said at the time was mandatory to start the membership, looking at my receipts this was an addition not a down payment. On Thurs Jan 20th, I received a call from the member service representative saying that one of my "gifts" was supposed to be a 5% discount on the principle which according to him was set to expire 30 days after the purchase. We didn't have our initial phone call until AFTER 30 days so he then said that after that initial phone call he was able to "clear it:" with his manager to give me a 10% discount on the principal as long as I could pay it all off right there and then. This right there started to worry me because what company misses the initial phone call and then asks for all the money at once. I know I was tricked, and it was my fault for not verifying this companies' legitimacy but at this point I would just like to be done with it and I attempted to do so. During the sign-up process they continuously changed documents and asked me to sign new ones, the two-hour brief ended up taking the whole day. I have the contract with missing pages probably because they kept bringing out new papers for me to sign taking them back instead of doing it all in one sitting. I asked why I signed the same page twice and they said the first was outdated. When I called today Jan 22nd to cancel this membership someone answered the phone never mentioned who they were and then placed me on another 20 min hold just to transfer me over to a guy named "Biaz or Diaz *** who told me that I cannot cancel and that if I want to cancel that I have to pay them all $9,075. He continued to say that I would have to email "them" saying I want to cancel, when I asked him who is he to as "they" he said "correspondence" I would just like this cancellation of membership that I never used and be released from this "contract".

Read full review of Ascendant Holidays and 3 comments

3 comments
R. Gerhold
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

My husband & I were convinced to show up at Ascendant Holidays (AH) under false pretenses, as well as for reimbursement of transportation costs & a free cruise. We sat through the endless presentation and went round & round with their constant high-pressure sales tactics and lie upon lie. We both had the same thought, "no way we will get approved for this." My husband is on SSA disability, and I am an independent contractor. One of the stipulations we were told from the start was, "must be gainfully employed." This was our saving grace to not be pressured into buying and still receive what was promised, or to not be stuck in an office in Orlando when we were supposed to be catching a flight home to our kids. We were dead wrong; the pressure was on us from the start with no end in sight. Looking back there were so many red flags and we just can't believe this happened to us, we never thought we would ever fall victim to this type of scam. It is clear as day to us now why they did things the way they did & continued to do during the first 30 days as owners. It was as if the only way out their door & on our way home, was to agree & sign. We have included supporting documentation to help explain why, where & how AH scammed us out of $14,075. We are in need of assistance to help recover the money already spent with AH or affiliates ($2420 down payment, 241.56 first payment, and $800 to book the timeshare resort in Mexico totaling $3461.56), as well as cancellation of this bogus contract and correction of credit report.

J. Kuvalis
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

On February 28 we attended an informational meeting in which we ended up buying a "platinum" vacation package for $23,271.00. All the information made us think we were going to be able to contact Ascendant Holiday and book a vacation with no hassle. Fast forward to a year after we purchased the package and wanted to go to Florida. I called and called, the website didn't work and guess what, there was a change of ownership and with that our package became inactive. After hours of phone calls, transfer after transfer, dropped calls, promised emails that never showed up, return phone calls that never came, over months of time, they finally got our account active, not platinum status, and nothing was available the dates we wanted to go. We were not able to book a vacation with our package so we could vacation with our family that was going to be in Florida at the same time for vacation. I called beginning in August for that vacation in March 2022. Because it took so long to figure out what was wrong with our account, all the locations within our destination were unavailable. Not only could we not vacation where we wanted to, we definitely were not treated as platinum membership.

N. Mills
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Transaction Date February 08. We bought this at Orlando, FL with representative M A and Manager Frank P. Since then, I was unable to use it due to health issues. I recover now, and I called RCI and I spoke with agent James. I asked about my points and the vacation time promised by the rep and manager and tried to book it, his answer was that THEY ARE A FRAUD. He said (RCI representative) he didn't understand why the Ascendant Holiday was selling this as a membership with no blackout dates, no additional cost when all they are is a discount program. I contacted by phone and text Mrs M A and she said the company will contact me (Called her on June 2, 2022) THEY NEVER CALLED AND THEY HAVEN'T CALL ME AS OF TODAY JUNE 18 2022 THIS was $13k. I am an elderly and I feel they took advantage of me. The contract is not in the language I understand fully and even the notary lie to me when he explained the contract. RCI SAID THAT ASCENDANT ARE FRAUD. if this was a mistake, someone should have contacted me and I have proof that i called the rep and text her too.

V
Ascendant Holidays has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ascendant Holidays While vacationing for my boyfriend's birthday in March, we were approached by a representative of Ascendant Holidays, LLC while trying

While vacationing for my boyfriend's birthday in March, we were approached by a representative of Ascendant Holidays, LLC while trying to finalize our rental car purchase. We were invited by this rep to hear some more info on the program this company offered. While attending our informational session at Vista Cay resorts in Orlando, our guide Ryan expressed how the program worked and began to really win us over. The first question I asked our guide was if a credit check was involved and he quickly stated "we just do a soft credit check which should not impact your credit". I asked this question because my boyfriend and I were planning on moving in just two months and did not want our credit to be impacted in any way. By the end of our tour and after agreeing to a deposit of $500, my boyfriend and I both received a hard inquiry notification from Credit Karma warning us that Ascendant Holiday's has actually done a hard credit check after they said they would not. We expressed our dissatisfaction with how we were advised this would not happen but our contracts have already been signed. During our tour and contract signing, we were advised as well that we would not be able to utilize any features of our package until after our deposit has been successfully paid off with 6 consecutive monthly payments. After successfully paying off our deposit in 6 month's time, we waited for an additional 30 days to receive our username and temporary password for our RCI account. Immediately we attempted to book a birthday cruise for my boyfriend for March 2022. We were advised that if we booked a cruise for that time period, there was no guarantee that we would be able to actually sail given the current state of the Coronavirus Pandemic. We decided not to risk it and reached out to our Sunset Limited partner to utilize our annual Cancun, Mexico resort stay. Again, we were met with obstacles surrounding book dates in the month of March and even December 2022.

J. Gerhold
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I believed I won a free 4 day vacation on a radio station when I received a phone call stating I had won because of a key word I texted a couple weeks prior. I was told in order for me to receive the tickets I would have to sit through an hour and a half presentation and also had to pay a $99 registration fee. I was excited because I had never won anything before and should not have proceeded when I was charged the fee. So what I've figured out about this company is they are using bait and switch tactics while preying on peoples love and dreams of traveling they relentlessly tell you the program isn't a timeshare when it actually is/ maybe worse than a traditional time share , we were promised the best prices for vacations with a price match guarantee with a additional 10% off but I've found cheaper prices on the actual website of the resorts as well as other booking websites thousands of dollars cheaper when we ask the company to price match the resorts we find we find out they only price match hotels not resorts which is odd because during my presentation I only was asking about all inclusive resorts because that's how I like to travel so clearly they were being very dishonest and using misleading tactics while negotiating. They have not given me a refund or canceled my contract yet and I'm seriously considering legal action not to mention I have a huge social media presence and I live near they're place of business I would recommend they do what it takes to rectify my situation so I can go on with my life , if you are in the business of hustling people ascendant holidays that's fine but you need to choose your customers wisely I will be very disruptive and I will work endlessly to bring awareness about this scam if not fully refunded and opted out of this contract.

D. Halvorson
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I purchased a plan with Ascendant Holidays back in July , I cancelled it within the 3 days regulatory period with the company. I was promised to get a refund of $500.00 in the next 3 weeks. I haven't heard from them after an email stating that my cancellation was correct. I have sent multiple emails trying to get explanation for the delayed refund and got nothing from them.

D. Labadie
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I want to file a complaint against this company for false information and for scamming. They scam families into buying into a timeshare and travel membership and completely change the prices once the bill comes through. I recently looked at reviews and the same issue I'm currently having has happened to so many and I want to end my membership but nothing has happened. They pressure people with a lie and forceful sales pitch that you can take vacations and cruises at low prices but it's all a scam and they are not helpful or understanding whatsoever.

C. Heller
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I was listening to the radio and they said text play to a number from your cell phone to win a trip for $99 . A couple days later I received a phone call telling me I won the trip, and I need to go to 9650 Universal Boulevard Orlando Fl. when I got there on Monday May 9 2022 at 11:00 am they told me it would be 2 hour Orientation about the trips which turned into 4 1/2 hours the salesman told us all it is good things about vacations places it sounded so good that I said OK let me try it out ,since we have 30 days before we can be put into the system. A week later I received another phone call on Monday May 16 2022 at 1:10 pm asking me do I have any questions ? that's when my wife asked about the 30 days cancellation policy , she said you only have 3 days to cancel your policy . We said what ? they told us that it was 30 days so now we're trying to cancel our policy and they are saying they're waiting for investigation because we were not told three days we were told 30 days all we want to is released out of the contract.. we feel that we was scammed into this contract once the 4 1/2 hours was almost up they started shoving the papers at us to sign this sign that,It was all rushed .I call them back on Wednesday May 18 2022 Asking them to cancel the contact because I receive bad news ,that my mom is sick and I might have to leave the country . I also mailed a cancellation letter to them on Tuesday May 17 2022 to the address they provided me with Ascendant Holidays P.O. Box 2043 Winter Park Fl 32790 with the contact # VC-ASC-019517 once I looked up on the ComplaintsBoard.com I realize that there are scamming other of people too.

H
Ascendant Holidays has left an official reply on this complaint.

Ascendant Holidays Deplorable doesn't even begin to describe my experience and the treatment I've received from Ascendant Holidays

Deplorable doesn't even begin to describe my experience and the treatment I've received from Ascendant Holidays. They blatantly lied to me and told me this was a "vacation package" that allowed me to travel more affordably. Not once was it ever mentioned that I would be getting involved in a timeshare. They made vacationing seem so pleasant and easy and it has been everything but that. After they lied and manipulated me into becoming a member was when reality hit. I ended up with an exorbitantly high mortgage and membership fees. What's so upsetting is I've been diligently paying these, despite my immense frustration, and have never been able to utilize a single service of Ascendant Holidays'! They are very aware of my financial situation as I've been reaching out to them for months. Every time I get in touch with someone, they offer no assistance whatsoever, or, hang up the phone during our conversation. It's no surprise that a company that so easily lies to people wouldn't want to take responsibility for the turmoil they cause. The most upsetting thing I've had to endure - outside of the lies, manipulation and inability to use any of the services, is the fact that Ascendant Holiday has been stealing from me. I have been calling for months to stop auto payments and they stopped charging my checking account to turnaround and charge my emergency credit card, which I never gave them authorization to do. So not only have they stolen from me, but the money they've stolen was specifically for emergencies, not for vacation needs. When I finally got Eddie from financial services to stop charging my credit card, they sent a nasty email stating they'll be adding on penalties and fees. How gross can a company be? Nearly $8,000 has been wasted with Ascendant Holiday and I truly cannot afford to give up another dime. I am in need of a response that includes an actual resolution releasing me of this arrangement, and not an explanation or excuses for their misdeeds.

Ascendant Holidays Customer Reviews Overview

Ascendant Holidays is a reputable vacation club and travel agency that offers a wide range of travel services and benefits to its members. With a strong focus on customer satisfaction, Ascendant Holidays has garnered positive reviews from its members and travelers alike.

One of the standout features of Ascendant Holidays is its extensive selection of vacation destinations. Whether you're looking for a relaxing beach getaway, an adventurous ski trip, or a cultural city tour, Ascendant Holidays has you covered. Members have praised the company for its diverse range of options, allowing them to find the perfect vacation that suits their preferences and interests.

Another positive aspect highlighted in Ascendant Holidays reviews is the exceptional customer service provided by the company. Members have reported receiving prompt and friendly assistance from the dedicated team of travel experts. From helping with booking arrangements to providing personalized recommendations, Ascendant Holidays ensures that their members' travel experiences are smooth and enjoyable.

Ascendant Holidays also offers its members exclusive discounts and deals on accommodations, flights, and other travel-related services. This has been highly appreciated by members who have saved significant amounts of money on their vacations. The company's commitment to providing value for money has earned them praise in numerous reviews.

Furthermore, Ascendant Holidays has been commended for its transparent and straightforward membership program. Members have expressed satisfaction with the clarity of the terms and conditions, as well as the absence of hidden fees or unexpected charges. This level of transparency has contributed to the trust and loyalty that members have towards the company.

In conclusion, Ascendant Holidays has received positive reviews for its wide range of vacation destinations, exceptional customer service, exclusive discounts, and transparent membership program. As a reputable travel agency, Ascendant Holidays continues to provide its members with unforgettable travel experiences and exceptional value for their money.
Trust badge
Collect Your Trust Badge
Be recognized for outstanding customer service

Ascendant Holidays contacts

Dedicated to Authenticity

Encouraging Detailed Feedback

Balanced and Constructive Conversations

Free and Fair Platform

Is ComplaintsBoard.com associated with Ascendant Holidays?

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Ascendant Holidays Customer Service. Initial Ascendant Holidays complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Ascendant Holidays above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Ascendant Holidays. Discuss the issues you have had with Ascendant Holidays and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.