Having problems with Dairy Queen?

Dairy Queen Customer Service Contacts

1866 793 7582 (Fan Relations Specialist)
+1 952 830 0200 (USA & International)
+973 17 253 032 (Bahrain)
+855 23 883 488 (Cambodia)
+62 216 313 309 (Indonesia)
+966 112 155 111 (Saudi Arabia)
+84 838 206 525 (Vietnam)
8331 Norman Center Drive
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Canada
1111 International Blvd, P.O. Box 430, Burlington, ON L7R 3Y3

Bahrain
Jawad House, PO Box: 430, 171 Shaikh Isa Avenue Manama.

Cambodia
№ 27, Street 134, P.O. Box 55, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Indonesia
Jalan K.H. Moch. Mansyur., Kompleks Ruko Jembatan Lima Indah № 15 A-6., Jakarta 10140, Indonesia

Jordan

16/F Aurora Tower, Araneta Center Quezon City, Metro Manila

Saudi Arabia
P.O.Box: 60258 Riyadh 11545 Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Vietnam
5th Floor, Khanh Nguyen Building, 63 Pham Ngoc Thach St., Ward 6, District 3, HCMC

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Dairy Queen Customer Service. Initial Dairy Queen complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Dairy Queen above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Dairy Queen. Discuss the issues you have had with Dairy Queen and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Dairy Queen Complaints & Reviews

Dairy Queen — poor service

Several times in the past year, ive had horrible encounters with this specific area. Nothing but a bunch of...

Dairy Queenwrong order

Ordered my granddaughter a cone. My husband a strawberry sundae and myself a carmel sundae with x cool whip. waited on other customers before fixing my order. Brought a vanilla (thin as water) shake, strawberry sundae with one bite of cool whip and a carmel sundae with no cool whip. told waitress we would keep it, didnt have time to wait any longer. told me i had to pay another dollar. I paid it, but it was her fault, I shouldnt have been made to pay for it. Couldnt even drink the shake had to throw it away. I have worked in a resturant almost all my life and I wouldnt have never made my customer pay for their order that wasnt served correcrly. Thank you
n

• Fr
      Franco Q Aug 05, 2012

You have no right punishing your granddaughter for being honest. Shame on you.

• Pe
      peneIopoo Aug 05, 2012

brenda you take your coment and shove it.

• Pe
      peneIopoo Aug 05, 2012

I was made to pay for it.. I told my grandchild to say that the order was incorrect to get her ice cream free, she refused. I took the ice cream and dumped it on her head. It was the waitress fault she made me angery by not giving free.

Dairy Queencrappy service

I went to this Dairy Queen because it is attached to a Indian Trading Post! Ordered my food waited 20 minutes to get it. Finally my food is done and they ask If I would like any condiments and I said yes. I would like some ranchay. Then the guy said well we charge for that and walked off. When he returned I said I asked for ranch and you walked off and he then tells me Having my hot food in hand that I have to get back in the long line to pay for the ranch... The long line I had already waited in when I ordered my food! Sorry but that's ###!!! NEVER AGAIN WILL we EVER STOP at a fricken Dairy Queen if that's their stupid policy!!!

Dairy Queen 16 - Misnno funds on gift card

Agift card was bought for me by my brother. When I tried to redeem it the next day, I was told there was -0- balance on it. Also the card number on the receipt is different than that on the card that I had received. As of now there is no way to redeem the card that was paid for. Please instruct me on what has to be done to get this resolved. Thank you

Premiere Trinityenterprises Dba Trinity Dairy Queen — personal disrespect from owner

My husband recently resigned from Dairy Queen, and in the duration of time leading to today we were waiting...

Dairy Queen Central Officerip off

Yesterday I ordered a small milk shale which is 12 oz... since we recycle I asked for the paper/cardboard cups.. (they did not like that and made if obvious even though we go to the John Day, OR Dairy Queen on an average of twice a week)... as I was driving I looked at cup and saw it was a small blizzard cup.. when I got home I used a measuring cup to figure out it only held 8 oz IF FULL.. and it was not.. so I got charged for a 12 oz and full prize for 4-5 ounces less.. I called the DQ and the manger said it didn't happen.. I told her I had the cup and then she said to bring it. So today I called to confirm she would be there.. was told they were to busy to talk.. told them I would not call back and the manger got on the phone and said she could not handle the situation.. that I needed to speak with the manger who would not be available until later in the evening...

Why is she the manager? Why is that they are using products that are not recyclable? Why are people getting gyped because they are... hmmmm I think that is theft... I don't live down the street I live 30 mikes away...are they going to pay for my gas when I drive back in at $4.07 a gallon?

Dairy Queenmetallic taste

We have eaten ice cream on two separate occasions now at the Dairy Queen in Loveland, CO. The ice cream has a disgusting metallic taste to it. The first time this happened (several weeks ago) I tasted it first and even though I got the funky taste I did not say anything. Then, my nephew, who is 6 years old, tasted it and didn't want another bite because it tasted bad. Then, my sister tasted it and she tasted the same thing I did. Finally, I said something too! We returned our ice cream three times that night and each time it tasted the same. A disgusting metallic taste to all the ice cream. I decided to go back yesterday and give it another chance, thinking maybe something was just off that night. I was wrong. The ice cream had that same, gross, metallic taste to it! I purchased the same exact ice cream from a store in Fort Collins, CO, and it was delicious! The store in Loveland is dismissive in the matter. I don't know if it is the way they are making the ice cream, or one of the old metal blizzard machines, but the disgusting taste is in all of the blizzards we have tried (16 in all).

• Du
              Duke17 Sep 27, 2019

We had the same problem tonight with a DQ in Council Bluffs, Iowa. It’s disgusting!

• Bu
              bus_driver Nov 12, 2011

Something is wrong with thier machine. Either they are not cleaning it right, or they havent lubricated it and its "burning" metal taste into the ice cream.

I would contact headquarters about this.

• St
              Stopthebs Nov 08, 2011

DQ does not sell ice cream.

Dairy Queenhorrible customer service

The experience started on a hot 95 degree August day. My wife and I ordered ice cream and asked for no nuts seeing as she has a bad allergy reaction if ingested. After recieving the incorrect order I asked if they would remake the dish because of the allergy. The workers ssaid that I would have to pay extra for another order because of the wasted ice cream. A little aggrevated by the lack of customer service I asked for my money back and to my dismay was told to comeback when I know how to order.I Will never go back to this location every again.

• Mi
                michael larry Feb 24, 2016

i was harassed by a female employee at the dq on stewart pkwy in douglasville Georgia. this is not the first time with her. I placed my order for a number 8 and a number 10, sandwiches only. when she repeated my order, she said the number eight sandwich, but, she said the number nine, which was not number ten. she wanted to give me the wrong order.

• Gravitytheseducer May 12, 2012

Yeah I don't believe the employee told the OP to come back when they know how to order. Sounds like some interesting ###.

• Le
                Leslie04 Apr 26, 2012

Some how I don't believe this.

• Wo
                Wow you're useless Oct 23, 2011

Your complaint is targeted at "The Dairy Queen in the United States"? And was probably relevant to the actions of a single employee? Gee I'm sure a lot of people will benefit from your experience. Good waste of bandwidth your complaint and my response are, eh?

• He
                Heywood Jablowme Oct 23, 2011

"and asked for no nuts" Ha ha ha ha ha!

Marfadqsucks!! Mar 09, 2010

This place just sucks completely!!! dont even bother calling, no one answers the phone!! bunch of kids that could care less for the service!! Dont bother going thru the drive thru as well, it will be a 40 mins wait! Someone please save this place, I just can't beleive there is no manager skills at this place, or no manager at all to supervise these employees!!!

Dairy Queenmanager complaint

I work for the dairy queen on louetta road in spring, tx (Zip code 77379)
              I've grown up with dairy queen as many of us have, my memories of the place use to glitter with happiness. When i had gotten a job there i was thrilled to be able to make someone a new memory of their own. Of course during the first couple of months working for this location everything was going hunkie dory, until the corporate bosses moved back to their home towns and left the business to run on its own, as i'm sure is the protocol. Shortly after, i was promised multiple times of a promotion, yet my bosses somehow were always unable to come through. Yet 3 of my fellow coworkers had managed to get the same position i was promised. When i approached my managers about this they really had nothing to say other than, my hours had conflicted with the hours they needed. Which wouldn't have been a problem to fix, had they informed me properly.
              My family, well as myself, had become prone to getting sick during the months of may and late april and i had informed my bosses of this and they were very understanding, or so it seemed. Shortly after our sick phase had died down my hours went from 30hrs a week to barely 15hrs. With my bosses stating that i was under probation for my indescrepancy to show for work when they needed me, even though i was under the impression we had discussed the issue and had come to an understanding.
              When i was finally allowed back to work i learned shortly afterward that my head managers have begun telling its employees to void the the step by step charts on how to make the dairy queen ice cream treats. This includes, but is in no way limited to: waffle bowl sundays, ice cream cones, and some blizzards for the fact that they did not know how to properly take inventory on which items to order bulk of.
              On top of all this, there are many sanitation issues with this store that make me never want to eat there myself. Though as a crew member of the chill area we are given our guidlines of making sure the treats are done properly, safely and as clean as possible, it's when our managers decide to lend a 'helping hand' when things get a little sloppy. For instance: in the ice cream machine where the soft serve is poured, there is a water catch that is placed under the refridgerator of the machine to catch all the water that drips from various places in the machine, keeping it away from the sanitary soft serve so to not make anyone sick. Frequently this container is often bumped in someway and falls into the sanitary soft serve along with its nasty water it contains whenever the soft serve is being refilled. Now normally, obviously, you would replace the soft serve entirely and clean out the containers and pour in a new batch, yet our bosses tell us (The employees) not to do this to 'not waste product'. Mind you, this water contains unknown bacteria from the machine and is not at all clean in any manner. Yes it is that obvious. Instead of trying to correct this problem, that is how they solve it, they do nothing.
              My final complains deals with employee breaks. Employees are given at 30 minute break everyday and are told to clock out and clock back in when this break is over, however many times have many of the employees including myself and my colouges have been aske numerous times to take no more than 10 - 15 minutes for our breaks yet still must be clocked out as to not be paid for such break, even though the law does say and i quote: "if "coffee breaks / rest breaks, " consisting of 20 minutes or less are given, they must be paid. ". (Http: / / www.Twc. State. Tx. Us / ui / lablaw / paydaylaw_faq. Pdf) . Many times have i myself taken my full break and returned on time to an upset manager because i took the full break, even though it was not taken at a crutial time when theynwere in dire need of my attendance.
              I love dairy queen and the opprotunity to work for this delicious institution. What i have come to hate are the managers that are ruining what this institution stands for.

Dairy Queenbad service

On two different occassions in the past two months we have gone to the DQ in Alpine, Tx. for ice cream. Once they had run out of ice cream, reason stated the manager forgot to order. We returned several weeks later and ordered a malt and was informed they were out of malt. Once they neglected to put nuts and hot fudge on top of a peanut buster parfait. What kind of a DQ is this that runs out of ice cream and does'nt know how to make their treats?

Dairy Queenrude service

2675 HWY K Ofallon MO 63368. I had a coupon book and decided to get 4 orders of ice cream for my family. Our order was decided based on the coupons from the book I had. The lady behind the register seemed bothered that we arrived at 8:45 PM, it was evident with her body langauge - eyes popping out and rolling as we were deciding and looking at the coupons. I set the coupons on the counter snd handed her a 20$ bill. we ordered 2 icecream bowls and 2 concretes. My son was just getting off work and I asked him if he recieved a discount for his order. the lady behind the counter said that he didnt and it only counted on breaks for him. I said thats ok because I had coupons anyways. She gives me back 1$ and walks away to get make the order. While this is happening, , I am thinking the total didnt seem correct, because the coupons were buy one get one free. So when she came back with the order, I asked her to adjust the bill with the coupons. She said no because I had already paid. My reply was that she neglected to apply the coupons to the total. She said it was to late and couldnt open the register without a purchase. So I told her that was fine because I needed to get a birthday cake anyways and that there was a coupon in the book anyway. So I would buy the cake and then she could give me back the difference and settle it. She walked away (bothered) and brought back her 'manager' (what appeared to be a highschool girl). I explained the situation to the 'manager' and she told me this, " we are not a bank and are not in the service of supplying people with cash". I paused for a few moments because I was really taken back by the statement. She was really rude and kept saying its to late you paid and if you want to use your coupon I would have to place a new order. WHAT? The coupon book was the reason I was there!!! I asked to see her manager and she said she was the manager and that it was her policy. I explained to her at thast point to give me back all my money and take the order back. She refused to, she also refused to give me a recipt!I explained to her that this isnt how customer based business works and that her attitude is disgracing the corporation. She told me that DQ isnt a corporation and that it was privately owned. I then explained the concept of a franchise and that they are still representing the DQ name. She continued to argue with me that I was wrong, really??? She walked awasy and then said her manger said that I couldnt get my money back and 'too bad'. At that point I said I thought your manager wasnt there, she said she called him. I asked her for the number of the corporate office and store ID number. Her reply was this, " I am not giving you the manger's number and call tomorrow. She refused to give me her name, the cashiers name, the franchisee's name and insisted that NO store would honor a coupon even when the cashier is at fault. I told her she needed some quick business lessons and suggested that perhaps her grades are not so well in school because this is just ridiculous and perhaps retared. She than starts yelling at me and saying I called her ###ed. I told her, no but now you are ###ed and should be tested for a learning disabilty (seriously, there is something wrong with her thought process and I dont mean this malicously). I am so outraged because her treatment of me in front of my 16 year old son and 4 year old daughter were watching this teenager engage in such degrading and unprofessional behavior. these 2 employees have not been trained appropriately in customer related based business operations.
                  I have early onset parkinsons disease and stress excerbates these horrible episodes. I began trembling and shaking and started to have difficulties shaking as the two of them continued to 'school' me and make references to my age They walked off and left the food on the counter.

• Ve
                      Very Rotten service! Sep 02, 2012

Dairy Queen 752 HWY 55 HAMEL MN . Horrible service. Orders were filled in random sequence. It took 20 to 25 minutes to get a shake and a vanilla cone. One of the girls was visiting with the cook. She asked the other girl when she got to our order it the customers were there. There was not a thank you or an apology when we finally got our two items. We will not go back.

• Jk
                      JKDE Jun 09, 2011

Well said Molliewollie.

Dairy Queenwhat kind of a dq is this that runs out of ice cream and doesn't know how to make their treats

On two different occasions in the past two months we have gone to the DQ in Alpine, Tx. for ice cream. Once they had run out of ice cream, reason stated the manager forgot to order. We returned several weeks later and ordered a malt and was informed they were out of malt. Once they neglected to put nuts and hot fudge on top of a peanut buster parfait. What kind of a DQ is this that runs out of ice cream and doesn't know how to make their treats?

DQ Grill & ChillCross-training a joke

I work at a new DQ Grill & Chill and up until recently the experience has been a good one. What changed was the addition of two new "managers" to the team. Our team is like a family with people caring not just for each other but for the customers as well. However the attitudes of these new additions is quickly changing that. When employees feel underappreciated, are sent home to "cut labor" when they actually are needed because the store is busy, and are faced with rules that change based on who is overseeing and their mood; employees go from an I care attitude to an "I don't give a duck" attitude very quickly. Not only are the employees suffering but the customers will suffer too. It's hard to provide good customer service by "sharing a story and a smile" when all you want to do is escape from the tyranny.

Dairy Queen — incorrect order unwillingness to correct

I took my family to the local Dairy Queen here in town (North Marine Blvd.) on May 6, 2011. We have eaten...

Dairy Queendairy queen has the worst record for handling customer complaints

Dairy Queen has the worst record for handling customer complaints. I have called the corporate office of Dairy Queen on Feb. 23, 2009. I have informed them of my disatisfaction with the food, the customer service received from the manager, and his appearance. My dissatisfaction with the food included under-done shrimp from the shrimp basket meal. A member of my family wanted ther money back. At first the manager refused to refund any money, because a bite was taken from the meal. Question: How are you or anyone else supposed to know of they like it or not, unless they take a bite of something? After complaining enough the manager reluctantly refunded for one meal. The corporate office aggreed that this was wrong. The manager's attitude for customer service is a disgrace. His apperance looks as if he slept in his clothes and just woke up. The manager (Chris) seems under-qualified for the postion. American Dairy Queen Corporation 7505 Metro Boulevard PO Box 390286 Minneapolis, MN. [protected]-0200 The Dairy Queen location that I was complaing about was being sold to a new franchise owner. On March 13, 2009 I received a called from the new owner. He said that he would look into the matter and send some free coupons for the trouble that I went through. Still to date, I have received nothing but a-run-around. This matter should have been cleared up in two to three days tops, since I have initally called corporate office.

• Cu
                            Cubex DE Jun 21, 2011

There's a really easy way to solve this problem:

Don't eat there.

Dairy Queen is a franchise. This means that the owner of that particular Dairy Queen truly is the owner. If enough people have a poor customer experience and stop frequenting that specific location, it will go out of business.

That said, don't project your experience at that location onto the whole of Dairy Queen. Lots of other Dairy Queen locations would love your business, and have no control over what happened at the store in question.

• Fr
                            fromo86 May 27, 2011

Dairy Queen is not known for their shrimps, I did not even know they had shrimp, lol what did you expect? Expecting quality shrimp from a fast food (mainly Ice cream chain) thats run by a bunch of snot nose kids.NOTE TO SELF: if there is a next time, just simply ask them to fry it up some more. I know its frustrating to give someone you're hard earned money and receive poor service and Quality. The worst thing you can do is continue to deal with them and give them you're business and attention. The best thing you can do is find out who there competitors are and go to them from now on :) GOOD LUCK!!

• Oh
                            OhWowReally May 27, 2011

Seriously, this was two years ago and you are still holding on to this anger? Do yourself a favor and move on with your life.

• Po
                            pobarjenkins May 26, 2011

So you want something free or a discount?

Dairy Queenpoor food preparation

I have witnessed the staff microwave whole pre made burgers which turns the lettuce in the burger black and wilted, the tomato goes mushy and translucent and the whole thing was very inedible. Is this the usual standard set by the dairy queen franchise? If so, I will never eat at dairy queen again!

Dairy Queenfood at dairy queen # 166

I travel a lot and I like to stop a Dairy Queen for a Chilli Cheese Hot Dog and a blizzard for a quick meal. When I stopped at the store in Thomson GA for my quick meal, I found out the all Dairy Queens are not created equal. I got the mos disgusting hot dog you could imagine. I think they microwaved it so long I could not pick it up with my bare hands. The dog was .. well, it didn't look like hot dog anymore. My advice is stay away from this place. I can't imagine that they only serve bad hot dogs.

Dairy Queencalled in order

On apr. 21, 2011 at 17:50 i called in an order, that was taken by rebecca [no. 010], witch was an order of steak finger basket 6 pieces, with an extra gravy. When i got it, and brought it home, i found that the extra gravy was not in the order, so i had to go back to get the gravy. The idea was to call in and save time, but instead it took longer. And this is not the first time. They do this about 50% of the time.

Dairy Queenunlawful emploment

I am someone who loves going to dairy queen, but THe one I go too, it seems as though its unlawful emplyment, I heard that, the owner has been paying his employers with cash, not paystubs, that they havent even gotten uniforms, and been working there for two months, sexiest that he only hires women, that one man was hired, but was fired, and one girl working there, hard worker, she is being replace because she stood up for what was right, that how he ws taking adventage of the young employers he was hiring, I wish I could do sometihng about becasue these young people just want to work, and how he treats them, and I go there at least twice a week, and its just horrible employment there! Its the one on N. Rainbow, and W. Charaleston, AS I know, I wouldnt want to work in that kind of place with that many ilegal things going on, and the lack of respect and employment.

Dairy Queeneveryday customer

I want to start off by saying, I love dairy queen. However, I am a "valued customer". Meaning I go their at least once a day. If I can. I order a turtle pecan cluster extra pecans, and light on the chocolate. If anyones knows, it is an extra $1.00 for anything extra to be put into your blizzard. So by time I walk out of there, I pay $5.00 + for a medium blizzard. A medium!! And on top of that, there never is extra anything in it. Never!!! It pisses me off. Not only did I pay extra, but I paid an outrageous price as it is.. So, to solve this little problem, I drive any extra couple miles away just to go to one where they actually put extra stuff in the blizzard. Ridiculous isnt it?? Just for them to forget once as well.
                                  On my way to work today, I decided to go to the one on thompson & emerson ave. This old corn fed woman was so rude. She didnt speak to me, nor did she give me any pecans.. Oops I take that back there was maybe 5. I am so aggrivated by this. I just want them to please start adding extra stuff. It isnt personally coming out of your pocket like it is mine so please quit being so greedy with the shhhh... Lol

• Po
                                      pobarjenkins Mar 29, 2011

What is even more ridiculous is that you go there every day.