Menu
Dairy Queen
reviews & complaints

Dairy Queen
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

855 complaints
46 resolved 809 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Dairy Queen. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
3:01 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I went to Dairy Queen Crete NE with my kids. We have ordered chicken soup and two hamburgers. The food was ok, but the amount wasn’t ok at all. They overcharged me for $5 and asked the waitress why they took different sum from me. The waitress told me that it was tax, but it has been already mentioned in the bill. It seemed that they wanted to charge me...

11:38 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Our family has been going to the Dairy Queen location Jamacha. In El Cajon, California for years. Although the owner and small staff are polite and helpful, it's Always HOT inside this location. The door is always open and feels like no air conditioning is on never. Especially with this recent heat wave we've had here it's upsetting that we want to have ice...

5:30 pm

Dairy Queen - poor service

We arrived at this location right at 4 PM today 8/2/15. There was no particular delay in taking our order, which we paid for in cash. Two medium blizzards--1 chocolate extreme for my husband and 1 turtle pecan cluster for me. About 20 minutes later, my husband's blizzard was delivered to our table with really soft ice cream, as in melted. Ten minutes later I went to check on mine and learned that it had not yet been made. I stood and waited for it for about 5 more minutes while the employee at the counter apologized because she had just come on duty and didn't know I was waiting for anything...blah blah blah ad nauseum. On top of everything else the ticket is time-stamped 4:45. The gm is identified as Anne Careno. This place has become a joke.

C
4:05 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Its almost 90 degrees outside on the drive thru. My mom is craving for a blizzard. As i ordered on the speaker the one taking the order keep repeating the wrong item. I've been almost shouting yelling there but still they cant hear me. They told me to drive to the next window. I gave my order again. But as i turn around to wait for my order i can hear them...

V
7:32 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

We took our twin granddaughters to eat at DQ in Oxford, al. I ordered a mega dog with onions. Also asked for the cotton candy blizzard, in which they told me they did not have and was not getting. (Very disappointing since that is the big advertisement around here and you can't even get it.)When it was brought to table it was cold. The chili was cold and...

View 0 more photos
5:01 pm

Dairy Queen - safety

While the inside of this store is clean and the workers friendly and easy to work with, I found the parking, and Restrooms inadequate and deplorable. The restrooms are handicap and child unfriendly as well as not locking properly. They are very dangerous! They are situated on the exit lane, outside of the business, and on a blind curve at that. They have no handicap railings and have heater wires and heater slats showing so that any small child might get a hold of them. The parking area is extremely small and when several SUV'S are in the lot it is like an obstacle course trying to get through safely. Will I go back or recommend it to any one not as long as these situation exist.

9:58 pm

Dairy Queen - dilly bar

I went through the drive through at Dairy Queen and asked for a Dilly Bar at least 3 times and whenever I got to the window to pick up my food and they forgot to give me the Dilly Bar. Also the week before that I had asked for a kids hamburger meal for my youngest daughter. When I get to the window whenever I am far down the street my daughter notices that they put only ketchup, ranch, pickles, and mayo. We were both very mad please try to do better next time Dairy Queen. :(

Feb 21, 2015 12:06 am

Well you should have checked your order first, people tend to make mistake. While I understand you are angry at them for messing up your order they did not force you to abuse your daughter. Stop making excuses, You slapped her out on your own free will, grow up and stop blaming the restaurant, kudos on the neighbor for being caring enough to report an abusive situation, most people would ignore it and the abuse goes on for years, hopefully this will teach you to think before you strike your child in anger, Spanking a child is one thing if they misbehave but slapping a child across the face in anger is another.

Feb 20, 2015 11:59 pm

The worst part is my daughter wanted me to drive back to the restaurant and get her another meal. I told her no, she started crying and I slapped her across the face, unfortunately a neighbor saw me slap my daughter and called CPS and they told me that they can take my daughter from me if I treat her like this. I would not have hit her but I was still angry at Dairy Queen. Now my daughter and I are not only angry at Dairy Queen but my busy no good neighbor as well.

7:05 pm

Dairy Queen - no chocolate ice cream

I have been at there location for about 9 months, they still have no chocolate icecream.. I stopped again today, still not chocolate. I ordered a hot fudge sunday. Icecream was soft and hot fudge was not even warm... I wish you would fix this problem. Also restroom was not working.
Marian McHenry, 10795 Eppley Rd N.W., Crooksville, Ohio 43731 [email protected]

T
8:36 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

A couple of Sundays ago I took my wife out for ice cream. The person who handled my cash also made our desserts. While doing so I noticed her trying to retrieve one of her hairs that had fallen into our ice cream. Instead of making a scene I decided to write the corporation. No one from our local store has responded in anyway shape or form of an apology or...

X
6:13 pm

Dairy Queen - employee treatment; poor management

On September 22, 2014, my teenage daughter was fired from Dairy Queen after working there for 3 months for not paying for 1 pack of honey mustard valued at 54 cents. She came to Dairy Queen with no work experience, as this was her first job ever. The General Manager labeled her as a thief and called her dishonest. My daughter is a senior in high school and is in the work program, so this job equaled a grade for her. I personally spoke to the General Manager because I didn't believe that my daughter was being fired for such a petty reason; I believed that there was more to the story, but there wasn't. My daughter is fine in that she regained employment within 1 week, it's appalling that Dairy Queen doesn't value their employees.

8 comments
Oct 08, 2014 12:55 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Your way too dramatic for me sir. You have a nice night.

R

Its not the 54 cents she was fired over, it's the principle. She is a thief and needs to be taught that stealing is a crime, period. 1 cent. 1dollar, $1, 000 dollars, any amount is stealing if you take something without paying for it. The mom should be there apologizing and praying they don't take her to court for larceny and embarrassed for her, not defending her. Defending her for stealing? Its only 54 cents... ok so then where do you draw the line next time? $1.00? $10, 000? Its all relative huh?

Oct 08, 2014 12:22 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Your taking this way too personal. My comments are in favor of the way this mother got involved to find out just what took place with her young daughter and her young daughters place of employment for the work program. In my book there is nothing wrong with the way this mother handled her concerns. Being a supervisor and being supervised my self I continue to disagree with the way Dairy Queens manager handled this young girl. Especially labeling her a thief over .54 cents really?

Oct 07, 2014 12:22 pm

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? For all you know, she took the item, was asked about it, Lied to try and cover it up, was confronted with the proof and then was fired...

AGAIN, you are just using your VAST KNOWLEDGE OF THE WORLD to tell this girl that it is OK to take things that are not hers and reinforcing the mothers mistake of getting involved.

AND... You did not respond to the one thing that I posed to you... SHE NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT THE SUPERVISOR QUESTIONING HER IN FRONT OF OTHERS, So why would you say that?

Oct 07, 2014 12:29 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Being fired over .54 cents tells a tail about that supervisor (power trip). A good supervisor doesn't label young employees a thief over .54 cents. Supervisor needs more training before he should be allowed to supervise others. Again good mama for showing your daughter your concerns by going and speaking to that manager. Wonderful that your daughter found work to complete her work program.

Oct 06, 2014 6:01 am

@ Sandra... I do not see ANYPLACE in this complaint that said he did anything in front of other employees... You are putting your personal experiences in place of this young girls...

Oct 06, 2014 1:16 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Good mama for going to the manager. I have been at McDonalds in Ontario and have seen first hand a supervisor belittling the employee's right in front of the customers. Which made it a very uncomfortable situation not only for the employee but for me the customer. Some supervisors are on power trips and should not be supervising others until they can learn that good supervisors encourage, teach and promote team work. Happy to hear your daughter found work right away. I'm sure if the supervisor would have spoken to your daughter in private with respect your daughter would have gladly paid for the .54 cents. You go mom!

Oct 05, 2014 6:44 pm

I know its a small item BUT it is still theft... Maybe instead of going to the general manager to complain you should explain to your daughter that it was wrong...

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

The dairy queen in Humboldt Iowa has a major problem with harassment and favoritism against workers. If the general manager doesn't like you she will cut your hours down to nothing. Brie who is the general manager did this to me several weeks ago. I worked there way before she started as gm and when I came back from California she was our new gm. For some...

7:26 pm

Dairy Queen - menu and service

Not everyone can have bacon in your 5.00 Meal choices. Why did you get rid of the burger with the lettuce, onion, tomato and cheese. If I wanted a bacon cheeseburger I could get that McDonalds. The sour puss running the register offered me a chicken wrap meal instead. We left. We went two blocks down and went to Culvers. A little bit more expensive but worth it. We usually have lunch at Dairy Queen 4 or 5 times a week because it is close to where we work but not anymore. We will continue to take our Business to Culvers. Clerk did not even crack a smile. 9-29-14 at 11:58 at he Dairy Queen in Sioux Falls, SD, 2100 S. Minnesota Ave, 57105

1 comment
Sep 29, 2014 8:58 pm

They probably didn't smile because you gave them attitude for the menu change that they had NO control over...
I am sure the change was because corporate wants to try and keep up with McDonald's...
You know, the BIGEST WORLD FAST FOOD COMPANY according to QSR... Not Culver's which is not even in the top 50...
Currently DQ is number 16 so they want to keep an eye on what they are doing to make it closer to the top...
Even if it means loosing someone that lies about going to them "We usually have lunch at Dairy Queen 4 or 5 times a week"...

11:56 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I stopped in to pick up birth cake for my son on 5/31/2014. I approached a counter and told cashier I wanted birthday cake and she looked at me with nasty look on her face and she yelled out "WHAT!" I didn't know how to respond to something like that. I went over to the freezer where they kept the Ice Cream Cake and told her exact same thing with cake on...

T
1:52 pm

Dairy Queen - manager

I used to work at this Dairy Queen. I went to go see my sister when she had her baby, and before I could find anybody to work for me the manager called me cussing at me and screaming at me over the phone. This was a few hours before I was supposed to work. I found somebody to work for me and she said she would go in, but the same manager that called me told her that she couldn't because she lived 30 minutes away. What else can I do to complain and to make sure that my complaint goes through?

2 comments

This place closes early on occasion. There have been two other times this has happened to is! We don't even go there often. I wonder how many times a year they do this!

S

went their a couple of times no choc ice cream and no buster bars?

W
1:24 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Drove thru drive thru and ordered two foot long hot dogs with very little sauce, made it clear to employ I only wanted a small amount of sauce and she repeated that back . Later down the road I found the two foot longs were smothered in sauce . That is uncalled for ! I will not stop at that DQ ever again . That was an intentional smart ### way to treat the customer . Wilbur Elliott 740-998-6704

Dairy Queen - didn't order

Found a fake fingernail in my hamburger. When I brought this to the attention to the manager, who was all of 17 years old, he seemed scared to say anything about it. The employee's are all black and he's white... get the picture. POOR service, Poor response, poor attitudes in general.

C

Dairy Queen - bad food

We just got to our home we ate out at dairy queen salisbury n. B and the burgers were cold and one was made wrong he just wanted to be plane cheese burger and they had the works on it and the fries were cold and the chicken wrap that i order was cold the onion rings were burnt and had no taste at all so what are you going to do about it i think we should get our money back and they should learn how to cook

Feb 14, 2016 5:59 pm

I'm from oshawa ontario and went to dairy Queen this evening and ordered a medium peanut butter blizzard threw the drive threw. And when I got home to eat it there was only a couple peanut butter cups in the cup. At about half way down the cup it was just ice cream, and NO peanut butter cups. Not impressed at all. I will not be going back.

D
Jan 06, 2012 3:15 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I've eaten at several DQ's across the State, but here lately the Quality has plummeted towards the worst, from what I use to believe was great for eating at. Once you have enough people complaining about the quality of the food, its hard to get people to come back! I use to look forward to getting to go down to the local Dairy Queen as a adolescent and as an adult. I will not eat at another Dairy Queen again!

A
10:54 pm

Dairy Queen - nasty, old, dirty, food

Ordered us and the kids some food. Came out super quick. The buns on the hamburger had mold on it. The fries tasted like they made them the week before, and just microwaved them (They were nasty) . And to top it off, there three long hairs in the fries. The ice machine for the drinks was broken, and no carbonation in any of the fountian drinks. Needless to say we got are money back, and left.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Waited in line over 5 min, while one employee ran cash register/delivered food. He was clealy going at his own speed and did not ask for help. Also you several employee watch from the kitchen as the line grew larger. After our order was taken, our ice cream sat up on the counter for over 10 minutes, when delivered I asked to see a manager and nope never did...

A
4:44 pm

Dairy Queen - disgusting everything

I walked in for two blizzards. It took them several moments to notice me standing there because a large group of the workers were socializing. They continued to do so until one of them stood at the register. She just stood there, so I asked if they were open and she said yeah. So I asked if I could have two large Cherry Choco Blizzards. She took my money, gave me change and I went to wait.
While waiting, I witnessed disgusting cleanliness problems with the drink machine. There was slime and gunk around it... As well as a mess on the floor. As I was waiting, one of the workers pushed behind me and shook stuff off into the trash, then rudely pushed by me again.
The person making my blizzards asked one of the other guys "umm do you know how to make this? cause I don't", and he guessed at how to make it. The female workers had long pony tails and long bangs... Their hair was just hanging around to fall into food. They were messing around in the back, and weren't taking anything seriously. It took a while for me to get my blizzards, and when I did she didn't put lids on them.
I had to walk home in the extremely windy, very warm area of Hurricane, Utah with two half melted over filled blizzards in my hands.
When they washed their hands, they simply rinsed them in water, shook them off and dried them. It was DISGUSTING.

4 comments
Oct 23, 2012 12:42 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Tasha would be fired from my restaurant in two days. She has said absolutely nothing that in any way relates to the correct treatment of customers. Unless she becomes the CEO of some huge corporation and has everybody elses bells in a vise grip, she's the classic example of someone destined to be a chronically unemployed person who, if you think she has attitude now, just wait another 10 or 20 years. Poonchkie head or dread locks? We're curious.

I
Oct 22, 2012 8:52 pm

Don't go back!

L
Oct 22, 2012 8:18 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Oh yeah . Thanks you share info nice...!

Oct 22, 2012 5:54 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

"She just stood there so I asked if they were open." Good one.

Dairy Queen contacts