Costco Wholesalerejected to provide lens service for the eyeglasses frame for no reason

R

Date of Incident: 12/31/2016
Location: San Diego, Mission Valley

Incident Details:

Today is the worst experience that I never expected from costco opticals. I had a frame+lens done from costco for my son few months back. My son has made slight scratches on the lens. I went to costco to replace the lens only as the frame is in good shape. To my surpise they denied to accept the frame which was brought for the same costco. The reason for this the costo optical manager said was "The frame has got chew bites at the end of the of one of the temple tips" (Attached the image of the same). Then, she showed a list of rules (attached are the rules as well) that their costco opticals corporate has put in while accepting a frame (though the frame was brought from costoco) to replace lens. No where in that rules it says that a damage like chew bites that too at the edge of temple tips is an issue. After a huge argument, I just walked out useless. Surpisingly, walmart accepted the frame to replace it with lens.

Guys.. becareful, if you are taking a frame from costco and you do not take insurance. This is seriously crap and worst experience that I faced.

rejected to provide lens service for the eyeglasses frame for no reason
rejected to provide lens service for the eyeglasses frame for no reason

• Updated by RaghuLavidi · Jan 01, 2017

Yes, the manager said the same. I made it clear to them, I will not come back like that and I told them take a snap of it for your records if you have such doubt. For me getting the lens replaced is important and they just denied it like dummies with silly reason. I tried explaining them with basic examples like, if I take my mobile/car for servicing, will they deny saying that my mobile/car is having some scratches. Itz just stupidity of costco opticals which I could not digest being a genuine customer. More over, with walmart I just checked with them and they accepted to do service on my glasses. I am still waiting as a last leap of hope because of continuous argument from me the costco optical manager took my contact and said she will get back to me which I belive least possible thing that can happen something positive.